The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:02:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Question

Poll
Question: Do we as a fan base want Tom Cliff to ask Kelvin Thomas the following, is it correct that £6.68m came into the club from 5USports for a 100% shareholding in the parent company, and is it correct that they (5U) defaulted on the charge so that the 100% shar
Yes - 21 (42.9%)
No - 28 (57.1%)
Total Voters: 41

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question  (Read 4490 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« on: December 05, 2021, 09:40:12 am »

This will give the question some weight if a number of supporters ask.
Here’s the question in full: is it correct that £6.68m came into the club from 5USports for a 100% shareholding in the parent company, and is it correct that they (5U) defaulted on the charge so that the 100% shareholding came back the other way for just over £1.1m?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 09:51:14 am »

I've voted no. It's Tom's job to ask difficult questions where necessary when they relate to the club. Asking questions about the other directors' personal finances is none of Tom's business and none of the fans' business either.

The Trust have already soured the relationship between one fans' representative and the club with their insinuations and obstructions, let's not set Tom up to do the same before he's even got started.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3338

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 10:10:04 am »

The answer to that question has already been demonstrated I thought?
Yes absolutely, he should ask any question of the owners a majority of fans would like an answer to.
He was voted in by the fans and so represents us.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 10:30:59 am »

as said it has already been answered, just some on here refused to listen.

It should also be pointed out that the £1.1m was placed into the football club which they now own again. And is still in the accounts as a debt to themselves. So basically they got the shares back for almost zero cost - a bit of paperwork and contracts to sort - but as DB is a solicitor expect those costs to have been less than £10k.

The question is more of a test for Tom than KT. Tom so far has agreed with everything the club has said and done, to my knowledge has not done one thing directly in the name of the supporters. He has been on zoom calls and attended meeting regarding the land deal.

I have asked him directly one thing HE would like to change or improve to make the club better and he didn't have an answer. except that he wishes we had a couple of goalscoring forwards  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 10:36:15 am »

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 11:45:05 am »

I've voted no. It's Tom's job to ask difficult questions where necessary when they relate to the club. Asking questions about the other directors' personal finances is none of Tom's business and none of the fans' business either.

The Trust have already soured the relationship between one fans' representative and the club with their insinuations and obstructions, let's not set Tom up to do the same before he's even got started.
I totally respect your view mate, but I really do think this has a lot to do with the club because any monies from the land deal will be used to pay off this debt.
This money could be used to improve infrastructure at the club a second tier on the south stand for instance, I do not expect our owners to make next to nothing in the deal either but it needs to be a bit further in the Clubs direction.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 14:19:25 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3355

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2021, 13:49:36 pm »

The answer to that question has already been demonstrated I thought?
Yes absolutely, he should ask any question of the owners a majority of fans would like an answer to.
He was voted in by the fans and so represents us.

The majority of fans? Can’t even get a majority out of about 20 votes on here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2021, 13:54:16 pm »

The majority of fans? Can’t even get a majority out of about 20 votes on here.
Like I said, if the majority want a question answered then it's my belief Tom should ask it, if the majority do not want him to ask anything then he'll work to his own instruction and be judged on that.
Quite simple I would have thought?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2021, 14:02:43 pm »

Like I said, if the majority want a question answered then it's my belief Tom should ask it, if the majority do not want him to ask anything then he'll work to his own instruction and be judged on that.
Quite simple I would have thought?

You’d think.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2021, 15:22:17 pm »

This will give the question some weight if a number of supporters ask.
Here’s the question in full: is it correct that £6.68m came into the club from 5USports for a 100% shareholding in the parent company, and is it correct that they (5U) defaulted on the charge so that the 100% shareholding came back the other way for just over £1.1m?

Sorry to be negative here but what difference does it make now? - the council have put very limited conditions on the land sale (as in a mediocre East stand - eventually) which might suffer an additional delay due to the planned extraordinary meeting but I'm guessing the same outcome - so what the owners made or didn’t make 3 years ago is going to make FA difference to any tangible outcome that benefits the club - after the £10 million was stolen the council were never going to do anything that benefited the football club because it would cost them votes from the non football supporting  chattering class voters - they would in my opinion rather do a simple deal with a business person that passes simple but basic due diligence with and put a line under the whole deal.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 15:37:13 pm by Peter Frost » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2021, 16:48:51 pm »

Sorry to be negative here but what difference does it make now? - the council have put very limited conditions on the land sale (as in a mediocre East stand - eventually) which might suffer an additional delay due to the planned extraordinary meeting but I'm guessing the same outcome - so what the owners made or didn’t make 3 years ago is going to make FA difference to any tangible outcome that benefits the club - after the £10 million was stolen the council were never going to do anything that benefited the football club because it would cost them votes from the non football supporting  chattering class voters - they would in my opinion rather do a simple deal with a business person that passes simple but basic due diligence with and put a line under the whole deal.
The reason for all this Peter is that quite a number of supporters who use this forum say they wanted proof that KT and DB retained the monies from the Chinese deal.
Therefore I’m quite surprised by the number of people voting no, the question was for their clarification.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2021, 17:15:29 pm »

Yes, why not. Let him answer the question.
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2021, 17:49:43 pm »

The reason for all this Peter is that quite a number of supporters who use this forum say they wanted proof that KT and DB retained the monies from the Chinese deal.
Therefore I’m quite surprised by the number of people voting no, the question was for their clarification.

Far point - and yes I’m curious as well because even the very well written/researched account by GPC doesn’t really answer all the questions - however given KT’s almost comical monosyllabic answers to the recent 10 questions from the trust I wouldn’t have much expectation of a satisfactory answer - but ultimately what ever the answer other than perhaps changing opinion on the man I don’t think it changes anything that matters.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2021, 18:12:01 pm »

Far point - and yes I’m curious as well because even the very well written/researched account by GPC doesn’t really answer all the questions - however given KT’s almost comical monosyllabic answers to the recent 10 questions from the trust I wouldn’t have much expectation of a satisfactory answer - but ultimately what ever the answer other than perhaps changing opinion on the man I don’t think it changes anything that matters.
I agree Peter it won’t change a thing except maybe a few perceptions.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2021, 19:40:54 pm »

Manwork, Not sure how many people are asking for proof that they made money from the deal. What they are asking for is proof of any wrongdoing.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2021, 19:57:18 pm »

NO.
Fúck me, how many more times?
If I own shares in a company and I sell those shares, the money from the sale is mine and goes in my pocket. It is up to the new shareholders to make any investments they feel are required from their own money not mine.
If said deal goes títs up and I get the shares back and make a few extra bob at the same time then lucky old me.
The money still does not belong to the company.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2021, 20:09:20 pm »

NO.
Fúck me, how many more times?
If I own shares in a company and I sell those shares, the money from the sale is mine and goes in my pocket. It is up to the new shareholders to make any investments they feel are required from their own money not mine.
If said deal goes títs up and I get the shares back and make a few extra bob at the same time then lucky old me.
The money still does not belong to the company.
You sound like a petulant child 😂
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2021, 20:19:59 pm »

however given KT’s almost comical monosyllabic answers to the recent 10 questions from the trust I wouldn’t have much expectation of a satisfactory answer

I think you should probably ask the Trust whether the questions were asked and answered word for word in the way they have been presented on their latest update.  Or are they supplying an edited precis/summary of the answers they were given?

Quote from Facebook "The Trust however for 8 of the 10 question do precis the view expressed by the chairman."

Just some more of the silly games both sides seem to now be playing.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2021, 20:28:48 pm »

Manwork, Not sure how many people are asking for proof that they made money from the deal. What they are asking for is proof of any wrongdoing.
There’s no wrong doing as far as I am concerned, however making £5m + out of a community football club and then still loading that company with over £7m debt says quite a lot about the owners IMO. Give something back and share with the community is that really too much to ask?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2021, 20:32:43 pm »

I think you should probably ask the Trust whether the questions were asked and answered word for word in the way they have been presented on their latest update.  Or are they supplying an edited precis/summary of the answers they were given?

Quote from Facebook "The Trust however for 8 of the 10 question do precis the view expressed by the chairman."

Just some more of the silly games both sides seem to now be playing.
You spend an unhealthy amount of time thinking about the Trust.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: