The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:18:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Politics

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 61   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Politics  (Read 29085 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« on: February 01, 2022, 16:05:23 pm »

Plenty in the Cobblers section but not over here.

Absolutely brilliant PMQ's yesterday, although Boris quickly became like a broken record, as were some of the dumb questions. The SNP walk out/throw out was very entertaining and enjoyed the Savile jibe aimed at Starmer. It was also great to see the likes of T May biting back who played a blinder. "so either my right honourable friend had not read the rules or didn’t understand what they meant and others around him, or they didn’t think the rules applied to Number 10. Which was it?” of course he refuted that the report didn't say any of that. I do think there are elements of him that he thinks if he denies something enough it becomes true.

I think there may be a bit of a consensus that the public aren't that bothered about the parties but I don't think that could be further from the truth.
The repeating script of not seeing relatives is getting a bit tiresome but the principle is that those who wrote and came up with the rules, were in the minority of the people who didn't follow them. It's indefensible. Boris makes it worse by avoiding any question of note and hiding behind police reports which will probably never see the light of day. The update/report as it is doesn't give too much away but anyone with an ounce of common sense can read between the lines, which makes you think that Bojo will pull the strings from this point.

The arguments of "what's the alternative?" aren't relevant either. This is one perfect example (and they are used too loosely) that most people would be down the road for a lot, lot less.

Politics is so brilliantly and openly corrupt at times, you've gotta love it!
He must be praying for some more action in Russia, a couple of Mason Greenwood's and a new Covid variant!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 16:15:48 pm »

I think there may be a bit of a consensus that the public aren't that bothered about the parties but I don't think that could be further from the truth.
The repeating script of not seeing relatives is getting a bit tiresome but the principle is that those who wrote and came up with the rules, were in the minority of the people who didn't follow them. It's indefensible. Boris makes it worse by avoiding any question of note and hiding behind police reports which will probably never see the light of day. T
To me it's not so much about the parties, it's the fact that he lied to the House on numerous occasions. Why should we expect him to tell the truth when he's been a liar all his life and he will lie about anything to get himself out of a tight squeeze, he doesn't see it as doing anything wrong  Shocked Sad
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 21:16:50 pm »

To me it's not so much about the parties, it's the fact that he lied to the House on numerous occasions. Why should we expect him to tell the truth when he's been a liar all his life and he will lie about anything to get himself out of a tight squeeze, he doesn't see it as doing anything wrong  Shocked Sad
Read his school reports. He is the same now as then. it's part of his character.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2022, 17:33:14 pm »

When Donald Trump came along the mantra was that only in America could an inept bumbling TV personality with an ego and the intellect of an amoeba get to run the country. Apparently not.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 18:38:22 pm »

Went to see Matt Forde on Monday night and he has a good take on the people's attitudes toward the recent Partygate shenanigans:
The group who believe that he is lying and should be sacked or resign.
The group who believe that he is lying but don't give a toss.
And the amazing group who believe that he is telling the truth... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 11:25:03 am »

He is, and always was, a nasty piece of work...
"I was reminded of this the other day when I saw a post from someone I do not know in real life, who quoted a 400-word post from someone else I know even less, a man called Damian Furniss, a writer and health and social care worker based in Devon. It described his time at Oxford, where, he writes, he encountered David Cameron and Boris Johnson. He confesses to quite liking Cameron, whom he describes as a laid-back slacker into cheroots and prog rock, and with the memorable line: “Even when I sabotaged his college beagle pack he took it in good humour.”

But when he gets to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson the tone changes. He met Johnson, he writes, in the Balliol College bar on the eve of his interview. Johnson – halfway through his college “career” and three years older than the writer – was with a group of cronies. Bear in mind that Furniss was a working-class rural boy with a stammer. He imagined that Johnson would act as a kind of ambassador for the college. Instead, he alleges, Johnson’s “piss-taking was brutal. In the course of the pint I felt obliged to finish he mocked my speech impediment, my accent, my school, my dress sense, my haircut, my background, my father’s work as farm worker and garage proprietor, and my prospects in the scholarship interview I was there for.”

We could have had the dry, boring efficiency of Jeremy Hunt, but apparently he doesn't ruffle his hair nearly as well as BJ.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 07:05:01 am »

He is, and always was, a nasty piece of work...
"I was reminded of this the other day when I saw a post from someone I do not know in real life, who quoted a 400-word post from someone else I know even less, a man called Damian Furniss, a writer and health and social care worker based in Devon. It described his time at Oxford, where, he writes, he encountered David Cameron and Boris Johnson. He confesses to quite liking Cameron, whom he describes as a laid-back slacker into cheroots and prog rock, and with the memorable line: “Even when I sabotaged his college beagle pack he took it in good humour.”

But when he gets to Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson the tone changes. He met Johnson, he writes, in the Balliol College bar on the eve of his interview. Johnson – halfway through his college “career” and three years older than the writer – was with a group of cronies. Bear in mind that Furniss was a working-class rural boy with a stammer. He imagined that Johnson would act as a kind of ambassador for the college. Instead, he alleges, Johnson’s “****-taking was brutal. In the course of the pint I felt obliged to finish he mocked my speech impediment, my accent, my school, my dress sense, my haircut, my background, my father’s work as farm worker and garage proprietor, and my prospects in the scholarship interview I was there for.”

We could have had the dry, boring efficiency of Jeremy Hunt, but apparently he doesn't ruffle his hair nearly as well as BJ.
Fcuk me, the irony. Had the clueless buffoon a dad who owned a garage he could have been talking about himself. What a bell end.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3481

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 10:21:46 am »

You can look at so many countries and think "fcuk me, is that the best the country has to offer"?
I see that the much anticipated levelling up paper was copied and pasted from Wikipedia, we've been given money back (most of which is a loan) for fuel bills supplied by a company with record profits. NI is going up yet billions of fraud has been written off to protect his mates.
And the sheer fcking irony of the BJ supporters saying he needs to help Ukraine when for years they've been beating the 'fix UK first' agenda is baffling. (don't get me wrong we need to support Ukraine). The guy is a liability and either needs to come clean or resign. Personally if he properly apologies, actually sorts stuff out and puts himself on a final notice then have no issues with him staying. Especially when the alternatives are one of the most evil people we've had in modern politics, someone obsessed with cheese and pork, a drunk, or someone who doesnt give a toss about the financial welfare of most of the country.

Rant over  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2022, 12:20:27 pm »

BJ won a massive overall majority at the last G.E thanks to two things. Our voting system and the 'opposition'.

Most of us that voted for him, did so knowing full well he's a complete tw@t. However, in our view, he was slightly less of a complete tw@t than Mr Corbyn. Forget anyone else who we could have aligned with at the time..it was all about Johnson Versus Corbyn.

If it was the FA Cup, even the BBC would struggle to decide which one to televise out of the above and Trump versus Clinton. Its ironic that Trump lost the last presidency because his role of being the slightly less odious out of the two, was taken up by the truly appalling candidate that Mr Biden was/is.

To add more armoury here to those who are more aligned to the left of the political spectrum than I am (I consider myself very centrist these days), it wasn't just Corbyn. Add McDonnel and Abbot to the alternative pot.

Until the opposition sort themselves out, and by that I mean let the left of the labour party all get behind Corbyn and set up a new momentum party which would enable Labour to be more coherent and balanced with its policies (which as things stand, none of us actually know what they are!!), then Boris's replacement will comfortably win the next G.E.

I too find it fascinating. But only on the basis that practically all of the front line on both sides of the house are complete knob jockey's. Then again, I cant stand most politicians. Especially that lady from New Zealand who has locked the country up now for over 2 years and still wont relent despite 94% of their over12 population having had 3 jabs. They are turning into North Korea. Yet despite this, the momentum left in this country all seem to use her as a role model of 'how to do things'. Which I guess is why Ill never join them ideologically!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 13:23:42 pm »

BJ won a massive overall majority at the last G.E thanks to two things. Our voting system and the 'opposition'.

Most of us that voted for him, did so knowing full well he's a complete tw@t. However, in our view, he was slightly less of a complete tw@t than Mr Corbyn. Forget anyone else who we could have aligned with at the time..it was all about Johnson Versus Corbyn.

If it was the FA Cup, even the BBC would struggle to decide which one to televise out of the above and Trump versus Clinton. Its ironic that Trump lost the last presidency because his role of being the slightly less odious out of the two, was taken up by the truly appalling candidate that Mr Biden was/is.

To add more armoury here to those who are more aligned to the left of the political spectrum than I am (I consider myself very centrist these days), it wasn't just Corbyn. Add McDonnel and Abbot to the alternative pot.

Until the opposition sort themselves out, and by that I mean let the left of the labour party all get behind Corbyn and set up a new momentum party which would enable Labour to be more coherent and balanced with its policies (which as things stand, none of us actually know what they are!!), then Boris's replacement will comfortably win the next G.E.

I too find it fascinating. But only on the basis that practically all of the front line on both sides of the house are complete knob jockey's. Then again, I cant stand most politicians. Especially that lady from New Zealand who has locked the country up now for over 2 years and still wont relent despite 94% of their over12 population having had 3 jabs. They are turning into North Korea. Yet despite this, the momentum left in this country all seem to use her as a role model of 'how to do things'. Which I guess is why Ill never join them ideologically!  Grin
Or we could have a centrist " One Nation" Tory government, with those few competent MP's that have been exiled for being too pro Europe, welcomed back into the fold? The moral vacuum at the head of the party needs to go first though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2022, 22:39:34 pm »

'That warped c**t isn't getting the sack is he'
Report Spam   Logged
southofthecounty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 18:59:43 pm »

'That warped c**t isn't getting the sack is he'
Money, money, money.
https://www.businessinsider.com/russia-report-donors-boris-johnson-conservative-party-2020-7?r=US&IR=T&fbclid=IwAR1-pwoPHJZI8lidbQII_XTKc5pb3thhdlBkb0hKedmTTTFu37pjP8ddxBs
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2022, 16:44:22 pm »

Quelle surprise.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 15:00:05 pm »

I fûcking love Boris, he’s a mate who I’ve known for years, absolute top man.
The BBC with their relentless campaign against him are on the way out, the rats are already leaving in their droves.
I feel the need to reset a few young minds, the NI increases are to fund the hapless NHS and provide adequate social care something that numerous Labour governments have failed to address.
Labour under Captain Hindsight don’t stand a chance, ironically the SNP have seen to that.
Get ready for another 4 years of wonderful capitalism and of course good old Boris. 😎
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2022, 19:58:54 pm »

The BBC with their relentless campaign against him are on the way out, the rats are already leaving in their droves.
I feel the need to reset a few young minds, the NI increases are to fund the hapless NHS and provide adequate social care something that numerous Labour governments have failed to address.
Labour under Captain Hindsight don’t stand a chance, ironically the SNP have seen to that.
Get ready for another 4 years of wonderful capitalism and of course good old Boris. 😎

Boris is certainly top man when it comes to insincerity. That shambling partygate apology, reading a scripted statement, our Prime Minister couldn't find his own words and could barely look at the camera! You could always try watching other channels instead of the BBC but you won't notice any difference.
What Boris does have going for him is a personality (flawed as it may be) compared to the rest of the colourless Westminster rabble. Whatever he does people tend to grin, shrug and say "well that's Boris for you", then they vote for him again.                                                         
When you say Capitalism, do you mean that in a political sense or a geographical one?
Can't argue with your thoughts on Kier Starmer though (YAWN!) Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 10:23:36 am »

Well if he told you he is a mate of yours best make sure you are still useful to him - I'm sure nothing I say is going to change your mind but be assured across Europe (EU and non- EU, right and left) the man is a complete laughing stock and demeans the high reputation the UK used to have.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2022, 07:59:05 am »

Old 'Dishy Rishi' will soon be on his way. A few more fixed pens will add embarrassment to No.10 but until there is any credible alternative the party boy will stay in office.
I think they'll need to be some tangible changes before the winter to prevent wide spread poverty (in the western sense) for a sizeable chunk of the population, which will be ludicrous considering our wealth.
As always it is the poorest and middle earners who continue to feel the brunt. Mortgage rate increases, fuel increases, food increases, energy increases, NI increase + modest wage increases = the perfect storm.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2022, 11:44:20 am »

Let's hear it for the beer!.........................and the lady who forgot she was there.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2022, 21:45:11 pm »

Well, off to the polls today for another dilemma about whether I vote for a broken arm or a broken leg? To make it worse I have to vote by law and further to this have to put all the candidates in order of preference. By the way that’s twice, once for the House of Representatives, once for the Senate. The hardest days work I’ve done in a fair while. I remember the good old days when you were allowed to stay at home and not bother specifying a twàt over a cúnt.
Report Spam   Logged

Bog Paper

Lavatory Paper Connoisseur

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2022, 10:22:15 am »

Well, off to the polls today for another dilemma about whether I vote for a broken arm or a broken leg? To make it worse I have to vote by law and further to this have to put all the candidates in order of preference. By the way that’s twice, once for the House of Representatives, once for the Senate. The hardest days work I’ve done in a fair while. I remember the good old days when you were allowed to stay at home and not bother specifying a twàt over a cúnt.

You're sufering from the 'grass is greener' syndrome, but as you say, at least here you don't have to bother. As you get older, you begin to realise that it doesn't matter who you vote for, nothing much ever really changes. It never takes long for all the hopes and expectations that people have when there's a new government elected to turn to dust.
Report Spam   Logged

It has to be "B"
Another big smile on my face. I always get the big decisions right.

Couldn't be happier, you can all blame me if it turns pear shaped. Up next year without a doubt and no need of the play-offs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 61   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: