The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 10:14:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Bradford Sat.9th.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bradford Sat.9th.  (Read 5551 times)
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2022, 13:57:07 pm »

Our problem is as plain as the nose on your face.... lack of goals

I know it's ifs and buts but if we had anyone capable of sticking the ball in the net, we'd be virtually promoted already.

It's the same old, same old..... when was the last time we had a 20 goal a season striker.... McGleish?

Season after season this never gets corrected.... we must have tried 30 different strikers in the last 4 seasons and still the penny hasn't dropped. FGR have shown with their recent wobble that they're not complete but what they do have is goals galore up front.

Look at the teams above and around us.... I bet they all have a player who has scored more than our top scorer

I think Brady is good enough for now but regardless of whether we go up or not, he needs to address the elephant in the room

Doesn't that tell you something? 20 goal a season strikers are hard to come by. We all know we're lacking up front but the idea that you can just go out and sign a prolific striker is wishful thinking.....

Every team wants a goal scorer. So even if you identify a potential signing there's no guarantee he'll sign for us.

It's not as simple as many on here seem to think it is.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2022, 15:16:05 pm »

Doesn't that tell you something? 20 goal a season strikers are hard to come by. We all know we're lacking up front but the idea that you can just go out and sign a prolific striker is wishful thinking.....

Every team wants a goal scorer. So even if you identify a potential signing there's no guarantee he'll sign for us.

You would have thought that most on here would have grasped the situation by now; we lack somebody to put the ball in the net even on the odd occasion. That post from the Bradford Fan was a very decent analysis, even so one numpty on here managed a negative reply Roll Eyes
Half decent strikers cost money and go where they can earn an 'inflated' top salary. As for the unfortunate Appéré his lack of goals is now hurting us but like some on here hope/believe he will come good. Would have tried BAS by now!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 15:41:13 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2022, 15:22:53 pm »

They also said we've failed to score in 8 of our last 18 games, which is now 9 in 19. It's a minor miracle we're still in contention for anything with a stat like that against our name.

I make it that if we'd scored one goal in each of those games we would now be five points ahead of FGR! It's those old fine margins again!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2022, 15:49:25 pm »

Another thing that is awful is the atmosphere at Sixfields . It’s a library .
We could make a difference and don’t .

It was a depressing inactive Cobblers support at its library best. That CW Championship season spoilt too many on here!
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2022, 18:53:42 pm »

Can’t understand why some on here are calling for the sacking of your manager. From what I saw yesterday on IFollow you have a very good squad of young players that are well organised. You were unlucky yesterday and should have easily been in front in the first half, but thankfully (for City) that was down to luck, which can only be sorted out by those on the pitch, not the manager…it will come though, your side side is too good for it not to. For the doubters, you only need to look at Mark Hughes’ reaction after the game, he saw first hand how good an outfit you are. No doubt he used this game as a benchmark for the standard he needs to reach for next season and from his reaction he looked delighted that we are going in the right direction. A couple of months ago we would have easily lost this game, but now we have players fighting for positions next season, something that the home commentators on IFollow failed to pick up on. Have faith, from what I have seen from the top 6 L2 opposition you are clearly much better than you think you are. I and many of the long suffering bantam fans would give our right arms to be in your position just now. Your side is probably the most entertaining Northampton side I have seen over the decades, I hope you stick with that style and don’t make any panic changes in the last few games. You deserve to go up and I for one hope you do. All the best.
Cheers mate wish you guys all the best for next season.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2022, 20:07:05 pm »

Can’t understand why some on here are calling for the sacking of your manager. From what I saw yesterday on IFollow you have a very good squad of young players that are well organised. You were unlucky yesterday and should have easily been in front in the first half, but thankfully (for City) that was down to luck, which can only be sorted out by those on the pitch, not the manager…it will come though, your side side is too good for it not to. For the doubters, you only need to look at Mark Hughes’ reaction after the game, he saw first hand how good an outfit you are. No doubt he used this game as a benchmark for the standard he needs to reach for next season and from his reaction he looked delighted that we are going in the right direction. A couple of months ago we would have easily lost this game, but now we have players fighting for positions next season, something that the home commentators on IFollow failed to pick up on. Have faith, from what I have seen from the top 6 L2 opposition you are clearly much better than you think you are. I and many of the long suffering bantam fans would give our right arms to be in your position just now. Your side is probably the most entertaining Northampton side I have seen over the decades, I hope you stick with that style and don’t make any panic changes in the last few games. You deserve to go up and I for one hope you do. All the best.

Oh, so now we have a clear example of 'taking the pi55'.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2022, 20:19:32 pm »

Oh, so now we have a clear example of 'taking the pi55'.

Et tu Brute Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2022, 20:57:45 pm »

Cheers mate wish you guys all the best for next season.

I don't. Not least because I 'd like six points off them.

Manny, does this mean that you believe we are going up?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2022, 21:39:21 pm »

I never said it was simple but plenty others seem to manage it...
What's more annoying is it looks like we let one go.... Or near as damnit. And he's managed it in a struggling Orient side
Report Spam   Logged
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2022, 22:24:26 pm »

I never said it was simple but plenty others seem to manage it...
What's more annoying is it looks like we let one go.... Or near as damnit. And he's managed it in a struggling Orient side

and plenty on here couldn't wait to see the back of him
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2022, 07:58:25 am »

I don't. Not least because I 'd like six points off them.

Manny, does this mean that you believe we are going up?
Stranger things have happened mate.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2022, 10:15:38 am »

Thought we played quite well on Saturday but just couldn’t score and it is that lack of quality up front which has cost us this season. Also thought that was one of the worst Bradford sides I’ve seen at sixfields. They only looked half decent towards the end after realising that they had somehow managed to keep it 0-0 and could potentially land a sucker punch and win it late. Roberts has rarely come in for criticism this season and rightly so but I was very disappointed with his complete lack of urgency to take goal kicks towards the end of the game. It was almost as if he (and a couple others) had decided that a point would be a good result which I am slightly baffled by. To me it sums up what I’ve thought for the majority of this season which is that the players themselves have never truly believed they would have what it takes to finish in the top 3.

Separately on Brady, I was not a huge fan of him getting the job permanently in the summer however based on the results this season I think some of the criticism he’s received is unfair. We’re 5th in the league with 5 to go and in my opinion we’ve played better football under him than anyone since Wilder. It’s as if some of you are expecting to see Premier League quality in League Two. All of the players we have are here for a reason, if they were better players they wouldn’t be here it’s as simple as that. I think some on here really need a reality check as to where we stand in the world of football. To me it’s been an enjoyable season with some great moments and some horrible ones too. But that inconsistency plagues most teams in this division. There are no teams in this league that play amazing football all of the time.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2022, 10:37:46 am »

Thought we played quite well on Saturday but just couldn’t score and it is that lack of quality up front which has cost us this season. Also thought that was one of the worst Bradford sides I’ve seen at sixfields. They only looked half decent towards the end after realising that they had somehow managed to keep it 0-0 and could potentially land a sucker punch and win it late. Roberts has rarely come in for criticism this season and rightly so but I was very disappointed with his complete lack of urgency to take goal kicks towards the end of the game. It was almost as if he (and a couple others) had decided that a point would be a good result which I am slightly baffled by. To me it sums up what I’ve thought for the majority of this season which is that the players themselves have never truly believed they would have what it takes to finish in the top 3.

Separately on Brady, I was not a huge fan of him getting the job permanently in the summer however based on the results this season I think some of the criticism he’s received is unfair. We’re 5th in the league with 5 to go and in my opinion we’ve played better football under him than anyone since Wilder. It’s as if some of you are expecting to see Premier League quality in League Two. All of the players we have are here for a reason, if they were better players they wouldn’t be here it’s as simple as that. I think some on here really need a reality check as to where we stand in the world of football. To me it’s been an enjoyable season with some great moments and some horrible ones too. But that inconsistency plagues most teams in this division. There are no teams in this league that play amazing football all of the time.
i couldn’t understand why Roberts had no urgency either ….. then the clean sheet bonus came to mind …
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2022, 10:41:35 am »

i couldn’t understand why Roberts had no urgency either ….. then the clean sheet bonus came to mind …

You could be right!
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2022, 11:42:30 am »

He earnt that with the save in injury time.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2022, 16:29:07 pm »

I said exactly the same to my son. The urgency bit not the clean sheet bonus. He looked like he was happy with the point or thought we were 1-0 up!
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2022, 17:24:19 pm »

Stranger things have happened mate.

That's a politician's answer!

Come on, we need to know, yes or no, do you BELIEVE we are going up? 10.00
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2022, 18:14:39 pm »

Nice post
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2022, 09:17:59 am »

and plenty on here couldn't wait to see the back of him

Indeed, and I was one of them. However, there's no guarantee Harry Smith would have scored anything like as many goals for us, so it doesn't mean much. Earlier in the season Orient, as a team, were scoring goals for fun (and conceding plenty too). That almost certainly means they were creating loads more chances than us and playing in a completely different way.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: