The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:46:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 206010 times)
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« on: May 04, 2022, 11:47:55 am »

So would any of the guys on loan with us worth a punt next season?

Any players at the club which we need to get shot of? 

Who could we keep? Or let go!

obviously all this depends on what league we are in.

Part of me doesn’t want to go up but I’m a realist and know that if we have any chance of keeping hold of Roberts or Horsefall then league one is a must.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 12:01:28 pm »

So would any of the guys on loan with us worth a punt next season?

Any players at the club which we need to get shot of? 

Who could we keep? Or let go!

obviously all this depends on what league we are in.

Part of me doesn’t want to go up but I’m a realist and know that if we have any chance of keeping hold of Roberts or Horsefall then league one is a must.

You what. Why's that then?
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 12:23:02 pm »

Why? How many reasons would you like my friend.

Financial we don’t seem to ever compete in Div one.
Then we sack the manager and the cycle starts again and so on.

I hope you understand where I am coming from with this.

Speaking to some Exeter fans on Saturday they now feel ready and stable with there club in the right place to go up and enjoy Div one. We are nowhere ready for the step up now in my opinion on or off the pitch currently.

Anyway back to the summer transfer window  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 12:32:25 pm »

I look at the L1 Table and think I'd like to see the Cobblers play them much more than the L2 teams.

I agree we'll struggle with adequate resourcing as our owners will be very pleased with how they've got away with it this season. It's not as if they are interested in the art form (i.e. the actual football).
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 13:22:39 pm »

Magiore is likely to be available as he’s too old for Blackburn u23 next season and hasn’t broken into their team and currently I don’t think he’s a championship player. Useful for us though when he played and real shame about his injury. Likely to need reinforcements in Centre backs. Nolan ? Who knows but can’t fault his pedigree but he’s not made an impact out on loan.

Similarly with Eppiah although he still has a year left on his Leicester contract. He hasn’t forced his way into their first team plans despite being there a long time so I could see him being paid up. Again he has been a bright spark for us recently at our level.

Kanu- no idea as we haven’t seen that much of him.

Zimba is under contract until 2024 so I can’t see anything happening with him and haven’t seen enough of a threat to justify paying a fee.

Lubala looks a player but hasn’t featured recently so not sure what’s happening there.

Hopefully we are promoted but either way there will be some new faces needed and I think Brady will be ruthless with those out of contract. I’m fully expecting Harriman, Mills, Pollock, BAS, Nelson and Rose to go.
Not forgetting our loan player Kambamba and think he’ll also go although a year left.

The yoof haven’t really forced their way into match day line ups apart from Dyche and brief cameo from Abimbola.

Time will shortly tell regardless.

Let’s enjoy Saturday. UTC
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 14:29:28 pm »

Speaking to some Exeter fans on Saturday they now feel ready and stable with there club in the right place to go up and enjoy Div one. We are nowhere ready for the step up now in my opinion on or off the pitch currently.

The trouble with most lower league clubs is come the end of the season half your squad is out of contract, with the other half out the year after. This means it’s very difficult to stop players who have had great seasons getting picked off. You could offer lots of long contracts but that also brings problems with the possibility of large amounts of budget taken up by players who haven’t lived up to expectations and aren’t good enough but can’t be moved on.

Most teams are only as good as their last few transfer windows and the trouble we’ve had with our last couple of promotions is that we’ve followed it up with some shocking transfers, the strikers we’d signed last time in league one have proved not good enough for league 2 this year. Exeter can think they are as ready as they like but should they lose a few top performers and have a shocking window they are coming back down, while on the other hand if we went up and had a good summer window there is no reason we can’t stay up.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 14:32:21 pm »

Hopefully the season is resolved on Saturday or it will extend into the already abbreviated close season, reducing our opportunities to recruit in or dispose of the players who would be required, for whichever division we are in.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2022, 14:50:43 pm »

Hopefully the season is resolved on Saturday or it will extend into the already abbreviated close season, reducing our opportunities to recruit in or dispose of the players who would be required, for whichever division we are in.

I think we are lucky this year in that the only dead wood we would have still contracted whatever league we are in is Kabamba
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2022, 16:15:02 pm »

Robert’s is an absolute must stay if we are promoted.
Eppiah is the only loan I’d make a bid for TBH.
I’d like Horsfall to stay but wouldn’t be that gutted if he left either.
All the out of contract players can go except Horsfall, I know Shaun is one of our own but he hasn’t really kicked on and in L1 I think we need a playmaker and just a bit more composure and quality.

UTC.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pineham_Cobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2022, 16:33:29 pm »

Aaron Pierre released by Shrewsbury I’d take him back in a back three with Horsfall and Guthrie…
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2022, 17:01:49 pm »

I know Shaun is one of our own but he hasn’t really kicked on and in L1 I think we need a playmaker and just a bit more composure and quality.

For me McWilliams has outshone Sowerby both seasons Jack has been at the club. I would like to see the club keep the current starting 11, pretty much get rid of everyone else, then use the remaining budget with the aim of improving on what we already have. The trouble we’ve faced in our last couple of promotions is starting the new league 1 season with a far worse team than the one that went up.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2022, 17:46:53 pm »

You've got to take your opportunities when they arise. It might be years, if ever, before we have the finances to start competing at the top end of league 1, but we've done it a couple of times in the the last 30 odd years. 87/88 we finished 6th, 97/98 4th. Admittedly, both times, we fell away the following season or 2 but I doubt our finances were a lot better than the teams we finished above, or our ground. We can only strive to "compete" in league 1 if we're in it and if we can hang on in there for a few seasons, our financial situation may improve, if off the field shenanigans can be sorted and any "developments", local or Asian come to any sort of fruition. 
 I know some of the teams I'd rather have the opportunity of playing next season and they don't include; Sutton, Harrogate, Salford,
Crawley, Stevenage etc, no offence.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2022, 18:20:36 pm »

Mcwilliams and Sowerby compliment each other very well as they have a contrasting skillset. McWilliams ability to break up play is unmatched in our squad but his ability on the ball is limited. Sowerby makes us tick and wants to get on the ball more. I would want another 2 CM next season to help them out but hope Shaun is retained whatever league we are in next season.

Obviously depending on which league we are in should adjust our targets etc. Would happily take Aaron Pierre back, was excellent here in a crap side and always good for some goals also. Wasnt amazing with his distribution but would go on the odd run forward which was always exciting. I think getting him to do the basics as we ask our defenders to do he would be a great addition.

What is great that as has been noted the deadwood can really be cleared and Brady can have truly his own squad which will be interesting to see. We are pretty unbalanced as a squad at the moment so hoping that gets addressed in the summer.

Anyways, lets get Saturday out the way and then ill return to thinking about this more!
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2022, 20:14:29 pm »

I know some of the teams I'd rather have the opportunity of playing next season and they don't include; Sutton, Harrogate, Salford,
Crawley, Stevenage etc, no offence.

Yeah! Bring on Accrington, Lincoln, Morecambe and Fleetwood. I'll be there, looking forward to it.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2022, 20:29:04 pm »

Yeah! Bring on Accrington, Lincoln, Morecambe and Fleetwood. I'll be there, looking forward to it.

Not forgetting; Cheltenham, Forest Green, Exeter, Burton and Shrewsbury. All with massive budgets and none of them holding their own in league 1.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 21:02:48 pm by Shoemender » Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2022, 20:20:45 pm »

We've got the following under contract
LB Ali Koiki CB John Guthrie CB Ryan Nolan CB Max Dyche RB Aaron McGowan LM Mitch Pinnock CM Jack Sowerby CM Paul Lewis RM Sam Hoskins FW Louis Appere FW Nicke Kabamba

Out of contract; GK Liam Roberts, GK Johnny Maxted , LB Joseph Mills, CB Sid Nelson, CB Fraser Horsfall, RB Michael Harriman, CM Shaun McWilliams, CM Scott Pollock, FW Danny Rose, FW Benny Ashley-Seal

For next year we've got decent quality at Left Back, Right Back, one Centre Back, LM, RM, one CM and on FW. Decent start where you'd want to keep 7 of the team and have them locked down under contracts. Priority is obviously trying to re-sign Roberts, Horsfall and McWilliams - think McWilliams is the one most getable and least likely to have higher suitors, but only because of his proneness for injuries. Could lose them all, might keep a few. No-one else on the out of contract list I'm too bothered for losing.

So, priorities are to strength the full-back depth, sort out the goalie situation again with either Roberts or an equal replacement, two new Centre-Mids if Shaun goes, and two forwards. Would be great to get Eppiah, and while it's unlikely on premier wages the fact the's quite injury prone might allows us to get him, a bit like when we managed to snag Bayo because he had repeat injuries. Otherwise we should probably go back to raiding Scotland again - Guthrie, McGowan, Pinnock, Appere and Kabamba, 4 out of 5 ain't bad.  Hopefully Foyle left a list before he left us.
Report Spam   Logged
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 00:12:32 am »

Up or Remain

Dominic Telford from barrow with Freddie Sears from colchester
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 00:22:23 am »

Up or Remain

Dominic Telford from barrow with Freddie Sears from colchester
Telford is at Newport, don't even know why I'm bothering to answer, pissed and pissed off...  Embarrassed
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2022, 11:10:05 am »

Someone said in the queue to the beam-back that Roberts has already signed for Ipswich and Horsfall has agreed terms with another club.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2022, 11:12:31 am »

I wouldn't read too much into the ipswich rumour...they signed premier league Christian Walton in January and another keeper on a 3 year deal last summer.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: