The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:04:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 206237 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1820 on: July 28, 2022, 17:27:10 pm »

Well, seems to be an under appreciated on here, but I think Maglorie on permanent is a brilliant signing.

For me he’s fallen into the forgotten category….

Didn’t seem to set the world alight but didn’t do much wrong. If I recall his chances were limited due to the defensive unit we had at the time?

Come to think of it, I think I recall him being carried off v Rovers, I think he was playing a DM role that day, but I was half cut… as was Fraser Horsfall!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1821 on: July 28, 2022, 17:48:33 pm »

Is Eppiah in for another loan, or are we going take a **** on a permanent. I do think he's the sort of player we'd only get because he's a bit injury prone, without that he'll be looking a little bit higher up the leagues. A bit like Akinfenwa or Gypes, you can get some quality in at League two if bigger club are going to judge them as a little bit inconsistent. But equally, you can get McKenzie and McCormack who were pure quality, but don't play quite enough to make a difference.
Pretty sure that Gypes only played for us in league one.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #1822 on: July 28, 2022, 18:40:13 pm »

We certainly seem to have sufficient cover in defence, McGowan, Lintott, Koiki, Haynes, Guthrie, Sherring, Odimayo, Magloire, Dyche and Nolan?Huh?. I don't mind playing 3 centre backs for away games but prefer if we didn't at home as it sacrifices a forward player.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1823 on: July 28, 2022, 18:42:43 pm »

We certainly seem to have sufficient cover in defence, McGowan, Lintott, Koiki, Haynes, Guthrie, Sherring, Odimayo, Magloire, Dyche and Nolan?Huh?. I don't mind playing 3 centre backs for away games but prefer if we didn't at home as it sacrifices a forward player.
Nolan will be gone soon, we desperately need some pace and creativity.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1824 on: July 28, 2022, 18:57:47 pm »

Perhaps its telling that Nolan has not been allocated a squad number for the forthcoming season.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #1825 on: July 28, 2022, 19:11:27 pm »

Interestingly, Brady was on the Cobblers Show earlier and was ask which L2 players he most admired last season...

His answer was Jack Diamond who was on loan to Harrogate from Sunderland...

Could he be the creative spark we need perhaps?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1826 on: July 28, 2022, 19:18:29 pm »

Perhaps its telling that Nolan has not been allocated a squad number for the forthcoming season.

Has got a picture in the squad list on the NTFC website though - in the new kit.
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1827 on: July 28, 2022, 19:47:32 pm »

Be surprised if we don’t line up like this in a 3-4-1-2/5-3-2:

Burge

Shearing Guthrie Magloire

Odomiyah/Hoskins McW   Sowerby  Koiki

Pinnock

Hylton        Appere

The signing of Magloire all but confirms we’re going 3 at the back IMO
and the Cheltenham friendly strongly hinted that this Brady’s thinking. I think he sees Pinnock as the ‘10’. Will it work? I think it’s a formation with potential but ultimately it will depend on work on the training ground (particularly surrounding the coaching of the crucial wing-backs) and we’ll need to be patient.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 20:13:49 pm by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Jonesy9

View Profile
Level 4 Second year Anniversary Topic Starter
« Reply #1828 on: July 28, 2022, 19:57:35 pm »

That formation and lineup hopefully enables us to continue with the solid defensive side of the game through the middle of the park, but I still worry about creativity going forward. We will still try on the left wing for our attacks via Koiki, who never really had a good final delivery to his runs for most of last season. And that lineup still feels short of creativity through the middle.

Hopefully Magloire driving with the ball through the middle like his brief cameos last season might help us.

Will be very interesting to see how Saturday pans out. I think that we may need a few more weeks for the new lineup to really gel, considering the vast changes from last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1829 on: July 28, 2022, 19:57:59 pm »

On Twitter there is a post from Shoe Army saying that Nolan has signed for Raith Rovers from Jake Sharpe it was deleted straight after apparently.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3063

« Reply #1830 on: July 28, 2022, 20:16:30 pm »

On Twitter there is a post from Shoe Army saying that Nolan has signed for Raith Rovers from Jake Sharpe it was deleted straight after apparently.

Confirmed now. Not quite ON Chenecks but Raith Rovers.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1831 on: July 28, 2022, 20:23:18 pm »

Good luck to him but no room for passengers.
Pedigree seemed really good but a nasty injury has derailed him to lower levels of the game.
Maybe he’ll come good yet.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #1832 on: July 28, 2022, 21:25:11 pm »

Be surprised if we don’t line up like this in a 3-4-1-2/5-3-2:

Burge

Shearing Guthrie Magloire

Odomiyah/Hoskins McW   Sowerby  Koiki

Pinnock

Hylton        Appere

The signing of Magloire all but confirms we’re going 3 at the back IMO
and the Cheltenham friendly strongly hinted that this Brady’s thinking. I think he sees Pinnock as the ‘10’. Will it work? I think it’s a formation with potential but ultimately it will depend on work on the training ground (particularly surrounding the coaching of the crucial wing-backs) and we’ll need to be patient.

who is Odomiyah?

I sometimes think people do it on purpose. It's not hard to get his name right. Its ignorant and can come across alot worse.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1833 on: July 28, 2022, 21:56:19 pm »

Confirmed now. Not quite ON Chenecks but Raith Rovers.
Indeed. And just for Everbrites benefit, I have provided a link.

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1834 on: July 28, 2022, 22:36:16 pm »

Indeed. And just for Everbrites benefit,

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1835 on: July 28, 2022, 22:47:19 pm »

who is Odomiyah?

I sometimes think people do it on purpose. It's not hard to get his name right. Its ignorant and can come across alot worse.

Bit harsh Parkie - its a football forum not an 'English Literature' work shop
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1836 on: July 29, 2022, 00:15:57 am »

So what does everyone reckon, are we stronger or weaker than we were at the start of last season?

GK
Roberts -> Burge

DEF
Horsfall -> Sherring
Nelson -> Magliore
Mills -> Haynes
Harriman -> Odimayo
Revan -> Lintott

MID
Lewis -> Fox
Flores -> Leonard
Connolly -> TBC

FWD
Rose -> Hylton
Etete -> Appere
BAS -> Bowie
Kabamba -> TBC

Def, stronger
Mid, stronger with another good addition (Eppiah to replace Connolly will make this a clear improvement)
Fwd, stronger if we bring in anyone with 2 legs to replace Kabamba.

So looking good...

N.b. I didn't include Pollock, Flanagan and Chuk as they were fringe players and will be replaced by the new youngsters.
Report Spam   Logged
JSO

View Profile
Second year Anniversary One year Anniversary 100 Posts
« Reply #1837 on: July 29, 2022, 05:43:01 am »

Why wouldn't you want to play for Roth Raivers?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1838 on: July 29, 2022, 07:20:02 am »

Nolan will be gone soon, we desperately need some pace and creativity.
Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #1839 on: July 29, 2022, 07:22:33 am »

Indeed. And just for Everbrites benefit, I have provided a link.

Is that link credible though?

Could have been recorded by anyone as a spoof.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: