The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 23:29:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 207443 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1860 on: July 29, 2022, 15:15:20 pm »

Vale fans seem confident they have spotted him and he is their announcement at 15:30

I know Northampton is a bit down at heel in places but at least you don't need a tetanus jab to come here! Jeez, if it was a choice between Burslem and here I'd be heading down the M1 as quick as I could!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1861 on: July 29, 2022, 17:18:14 pm »

hahahahaha

Rory Holden, in their defence he is the absolute spitting of Eppiah  Grin  Grin

Glad you two have a sense of humour; great spoof tho’. PV fans not happy as still looking for a striker😇.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Wakey Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Level 2 Level 1
« Reply #1862 on: July 29, 2022, 17:52:33 pm »

I managed to upset Paul Lewis' dad in the  queue for transfer to my hotel in Portugal. I told him he wasn't the worst player we've ever had and he muttered but not your best!! Even my wife thought I was disrespectful!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #1863 on: July 29, 2022, 18:03:38 pm »

I managed to upset Paul Lewis' dad in the  queue for transfer to my hotel in Portugal. I told him he wasn't the worst player we've ever had and he muttered but not your best!! Even my wife thought I was disrespectful!!

You were! Fancy saying that to the lad's old man.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1864 on: July 29, 2022, 18:30:21 pm »

Years ago having dumped my girlfriend, I had her mum on the phone offering to mediate. I told her not to bother, as her daughter was a lousy shag. Sometimes its good to tell the truth.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #1865 on: July 29, 2022, 21:08:15 pm »

We can forget about Jodi Jones as he has signed for Oxford but as we are still after Eppiah it is unlikely we wanted him.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1866 on: July 30, 2022, 09:02:58 am »

He's been on trial with them for months, don't think there's really been any contact from us to him whatsoever.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1867 on: July 30, 2022, 09:04:38 am »

We need to stop dithering around with Eppiah and sign him or move on, the lad obviously wants to come here.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1868 on: July 30, 2022, 11:04:03 am »

Years ago having dumped my girlfriend, I had her mum on the phone offering to mediate. I told her not to bother, as her daughter was a lousy shag. Sometimes its good to tell the truth.  Grin
Not if the the Mum replied that it’s because she was just a bit bored?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1869 on: July 30, 2022, 11:13:37 am »

Very happy with the business we have done so far. Defensively we have far more depth which is going to be massively beneficial with the extra subs allowed this season.

That being said, until we do get another 2 or 3 additions further forward I dont think we have the goals in us to go up automatically. I cant see us performing as well defensively as we did last season. Its a huge task to do so as our defensive record last season really was sensational.

Clearly Brady wants another 2 or so further forward, based on who they are will feel a lot more confident. We dont have a huge amount to bring on to change the game as it stands.

Being greedy, i would want one more CM, as we are going to play 3 CM's at some point in the season and would like to have 5 options there, but perhaps Abimbola can feature a little if needed.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1870 on: July 30, 2022, 12:02:04 pm »

Not if the the Mum replied that it’s because she was just a bit bored?

Grin Made me chuckle that   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #1871 on: July 30, 2022, 12:56:40 pm »

Saw this and thought of you.. xx

Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest2995

« Reply #1872 on: July 30, 2022, 13:54:41 pm »

Why would a player who is on double what he would get in league 2 consider a permanent move when there is a year left on his contract ?
It is possible but i doubt a league 2 club would pay a fee for a player so injury prone and who has had back treatment in the close season.
The loan option is great though and o know we are trying to get him in.
He has only just started pre season though .
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1873 on: July 30, 2022, 20:34:44 pm »

Let’s be honest, there’s nothing more off putting than a yawn. That is unlesss they’re watching telly over your shoulder obviously?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #1874 on: July 31, 2022, 10:55:05 am »

Sunderland say they are willing to sell Jack Diamond who impressed JB last season, Harrogate want him back but not prepared to match the asking price.
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1875 on: July 31, 2022, 11:11:10 am »

Sunderland say they are willing to sell Jack Diamond who impressed JB last season, Harrogate want him back but not prepared to match the asking price.

That would be a fantastic addition if we could possibly get him. Imagine he would have a lot of suiters though. TBH if I had the option i would choose Diamond over Eppiah just due to fitness records.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #1876 on: August 01, 2022, 04:15:59 am »

i would think Leicester are trying to move Eppiah on permanently .
If they can’t , the loan option will come up and we will be well placed .
I doubt very much we will be in a position to take him onto our books due to wage demands and injury concerns .
We will also be monitoring him in pre season in case he breaks down again .
Therefore it’s likely to be a waiting game .
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #1877 on: August 01, 2022, 09:16:12 am »

Personally, I'd rather we went for Diamond over Eppiah...

Or perhaps we're already looking for a less injury prone Eppiah type player...

We need someone who isn't going to break down after every game

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1878 on: August 01, 2022, 09:46:36 am »

Trouble is we wait for Eppiah, he gets fit and then goes to a top end L1 club not sure why Leicester would be interested in another loan TBH they clearly want to offload him due to his fitness record.
Jack Diamond would be a very good signing.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1879 on: August 01, 2022, 09:49:38 am »

just get both
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: