The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 20:02:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 207377 times)
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2022, 07:49:55 am »

Stasitically, Turnbull is the best centreback in the league  overtaking Guthrie in the last few games. If he doesnt re-sign for Salford then its because he's getting a move similar to Horsfall up the leagues.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2022, 07:52:34 am »

If Salford are in for anyone against us , we will be outbid .
They pay two or three times as much .

True and they cannot compete with Stockport who it is rumoured are paying £5K per week to several players.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2022, 08:29:33 am »

If their wage budget is 2 or 3 times bigger than ours all it shows is how budgets are even less of a factor than most think it is.
As has always been the case ….
However , you basically have to wait to see what is left before signing players .
That’s why i said don’t expect action too early , especially as we have no dedicated recruitment officer .
Foyle is at St Mirren no less
Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2022, 09:02:42 am »

If their wage budget is 2 or 3 times bigger than ours all it shows is how budgets are even less of a factor than most think it is.

I suspect only have one more season (if that of high spending) - it’s clearly not sustainable and fully expect them to drop out the EFL sometime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
Second year Anniversary Level 4 Linux User
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2022, 09:34:29 am »

I suspect only have one more season (if that of high spending) - it’s clearly not sustainable and fully expect them to drop out the EFL sometime soon.

What does this mean for Salford and Stockport and the Cobblers

Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages - in League 2, the limit is 55%. There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees.

I tried to find turnover numbers for League 2 clubs and found some out of date ones from 2020 but if thats a measure of whats allowed for wage spending then I think we are in a position to be able to spend more than Salford (1.88M) Cobblers (2.95M). Also Forest Green using this formula have (157.5M) and Harrogate (51.0M)

So the financial fair play rules are obviously not a good indication of how much a club can spend on wages. Its more down to how much the club chooses to spend up to this limit which is actually much higher than most clubs choose to spend anyway?

« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 10:18:09 am by AYelvertoftCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2022, 10:39:30 am »

The 72 reporting that Brady is interested in bringing Eppiah and Magloire back

Eppiah I think is out of contract this summer and Magloire has another year left at Blackburn

Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2022, 10:58:36 am »

What does this mean for Salford and Stockport and the Cobblers

Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages - in League 2, the limit is 55%. There are no restrictions (in themselves) on the amount a club can lose or spend on transfer fees.

I tried to find turnover numbers for League 2 clubs and found some out of date ones from 2020 but if thats a measure of whats allowed for wage spending then I think we are in a position to be able to spend more than Salford (1.88M) Cobblers (2.95M). Also Forest Green using this formula have (157.5M) and Harrogate (51.0M)

So the financial fair play rules are obviously not a good indication of how much a club can spend on wages. Its more down to how much the club chooses to spend up to this limit which is actually much higher than most clubs choose to spend anyway?

I don’t buy for one minute that clubs are spending considerably less than 55-60% on wages, I’m sure there’s a lot of circumventing these rules going on.
Say for instance Salford are at the supposed maximum 55% of their 1.9m turnover it would mean they are spending 1m on wages. If boot and shoe’s assertion is true they are spending 2 to 3 times as much on wages as us it would mean we would be spending around 400k on wages which equates to 13% of turnover which is ludicrous!.
Report Spam   Logged
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 26, 2022, 11:14:08 am »

These were 2020 figures and I think its an average turnover for 3 years that is counted. The numbers I put in brackets are the 55% numbers, our turnover was more than 5M. Salford under 3M.
What I'm trying to get at is that its doesn't look like the financial restrictions are the reason why other teams spend more than we can or have bigger player budgets.
Probably a "signing on fee" doesn't count to the wages budget and is in the transfer budget which is unlimited.
2 year contract and 100k signing on fee is equivalent to another 1k a week.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 11:17:04 am by AYelvertoftCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #268 on: May 26, 2022, 11:16:38 am »

Eppiah I think is out of contract this summer and Magloire has another year left at Blackburn

I think these two potential signings are as good as we can get. Regarding Turnbull have no issues if we happen to resign him😎
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2022, 11:20:12 am »

These were 2020 figures and I think its an average turnover for 3 years that is counted. The numbers I put in brackets are the 55% numbers, our turnover was more than 5M. Salford under 3M.
What I'm trying to get at is that its doesn't look like the financial restrictions are the reason why other teams spend more than we can or have bigger player budgets.
Probably a "signing on fee" doesn't count to the wages budget and is in the transfer budget which is unlimited.
2 year contract and 100k signing on fee is equivalent to another 1k a week.

Pretty sure the signing on fee is ‘king’ for signing the top targets. Money talks!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2022, 11:20:36 am »

I think magliore would command a fee and will probably end up with one of the bigger league two clubs as a consequence.

At a guess
Doncaster.
Report Spam   Logged
AYelvertoftCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2022, 11:30:29 am »

Any chance of grabbing Callum Morton this Summer?
He is out of contract with West Brom 31st May.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2022, 11:53:13 am »

If that's true it would appear that the generally agreed opinion on here with regard to these players coincides with our management team. It is also interesting who we appear not to be interested in which also coincides with the majority view on here. I was not looking forward to any further interest in Kanu or Lubala, frankly.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 12:03:21 pm by CobblerForever » Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2022, 12:45:20 pm »

Any chance of grabbing Callum Morton this Summer?
He is out of contract with West Brom 31st May.

Had a bad injury in L1 with Lincoln and didnt really play then was a bit underwhelming in a bad Championship side with Pboro

Would make sense to come back to somewhere he's rated and a comfortable league but I imagine he'd have his sights set at a division higher
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2022, 12:56:55 pm »

Had a bad injury in L1 with Lincoln and didnt really play then was a bit underwhelming in a bad Championship side with Pboro

Would make sense to come back to somewhere he's rated and a comfortable league but I imagine he'd have his sights set at a division higher

I would also suggest that he would need a targetman to play alongside, from what we have seen so far, Appere doesn't fit that particular bill.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2022, 13:09:21 pm »

I would also suggest that he would need a targetman to play alongside, from what we have seen so far, Appere doesn't fit that particular bill.

Unfortunately solely on the back of what he did for us I think he’ll get offers from bigger teams. Saying that if the possibility did arise I would sign him in a heartbeat and worry about fitting him in later.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2022, 15:53:46 pm »

A few years have passed though and he hasn’t carried on the anticipated trajectory mostly due to injuries. I’d still have him back in a heartbeat as he was a predatory forward.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest2995

« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2022, 16:09:24 pm »

Eppiah has a year left on his contract with Leicester and he is very injury prone .
He literally played on one knee in the last 3 games .
Magloire - yes definitely and notice he was at all the play off games and the presentation evening ….
Turnbull - don’t be daft - wages .
Lubala - errrr i very much doubt that one - he was sent packing
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #278 on: May 26, 2022, 16:26:16 pm »

Eppiah has a year left on his contract with Leicester and he is very injury prone .
He literally played on one knee in the last 3 games .
Magloire - yes definitely and notice he was at all the play off games and the presentation evening ….
Turnbull - don’t be daft - wages .
Lubala - errrr i very much doubt that one - he was sent packing

I thought Blackburn had triggered an extension on Magloire's contract??

Why was Lubala sent packing?
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #279 on: May 26, 2022, 17:10:02 pm »

I thought Blackburn had triggered an extension on Magloire's contract??

Why was Lubala sent packing?

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20067084.tyler-magloire-wanted-man-blackburn-rovers-deal-due-expire/

If he went to one of the Scottish clubs: "Rovers wouldn’t be due compensation whether they offered the 23-year-old a new deal or not, with the rules to protect players under 24 leaving without a fee not applying to clubs outside of England."
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: