The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:09:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 206151 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #520 on: June 15, 2022, 13:09:27 pm »

As wage budgets are not reported by clubs how the heck can anyone know where we are in relation to other clubs? Plus a wage budget is not static, other things come into play (as we saw when 5USports came along) which make budgets fluctuate for any number of reasons, cup runs, sale of a player, unexpected costs, all can change a budget from any given figure to another figure.

Its all speculation, we probably didn't have the biggest budget, we probably didn't have the smallest....who knows?? I'd suggest our chairman, manager and finance director know ours....and tha'ts about it!

My thoughts exactly... Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #521 on: June 15, 2022, 13:17:20 pm »

Was this while you were jostling him for an autograph?

Why would JB confide in you any more than anyone else getting a Sponsors' selfie?

Why would JB have access to all the other clubs' financial dealings and thus budgets?

The above posts of 17th, 11th, 10th positions clearly show no one is 100% in the know from their hearsay contacts on the inside!

Precisely Coolie - precisely.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 13:19:49 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #522 on: June 15, 2022, 13:32:55 pm »

I’m sure that I’ve heard previously that club’s get to see a league table of budget’s and are therefore able to establish where they are within that table - I’m pretty sure that they don’t get to see which club has which budget though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3386

« Reply #523 on: June 15, 2022, 13:39:44 pm »

Regardless of the budget I would just like an update from the club over what the latest situation is with regard to signings. I have paid for my season ticket and I would like to be reassured I have a team to support next season.

The headlines on the clubs website when I looked this morning was about a sausage and cider festival.

Other then the club are in talks with potential signings, what more of an update are you seriously expecting
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #524 on: June 15, 2022, 13:40:45 pm »

For Christ’s sake, why does every thread have to degenerate into abuse and name calling?

Anyway, back on topic - the County must have a bit of money behind them this year (possibly from The Hundred?) as Chris Lynn and Jimmy Neesham for the T20 won’t have been cheap.

I wonder if sometimes with the County overseas signings because they are quite short-term whether benefactors/sponsors fund these? Easier to do for a 2 month cricket contract than a 12 month football one. I think they do receive £1million pound for The Hundred. I guess that was the carrot to get the Counties to agree to it and the schedule changes as a result.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #525 on: June 15, 2022, 13:46:01 pm »

I wonder if sometimes with the County overseas signings because they are quite short-term whether benefactors/sponsors fund these? Easier to do for a 2 month cricket contract than a 12 month football one. I think they do receive £1million pound for The Hundred. I guess that was the carrot to get the Counties to agree to it and the schedule changes as a result.

I suspect you’re right and I’m sure the County have some well-off benefactors that are bankrolling Lynn, Neesham and Willey. It is noticeable that Northants seem to be one of only a few Counties that have got high profile overseas players this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #526 on: June 15, 2022, 14:47:56 pm »

am i on the right thread. Who in gypsy Lee's drawers is Chris Lynn. is he attacking midfield?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #527 on: June 15, 2022, 14:53:02 pm »

am i on the right thread. Who in gypsy Lee's drawers is Chris Lynn. is he attacking midfield?
He's certainly attacking...and all the more competent than Super Sam at skying it!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 15, 2022, 15:12:01 pm »

We are all mostly on here Northamptonians who like to see all three major sporting activities of the Town , County and Saints do well. So if the County pull of some decent players good for them! If you are a neutral that is perhaps an issue for you.
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #529 on: June 15, 2022, 15:29:20 pm »

We are all mostly on here Northamptonians who like to see all three major sporting activities of the Town , County and Saints do well. So if the County pull of some decent players good for them! If you are a neutral that is perhaps an issue for you.

As far as I am concerned, cricket is the most boring game in the universe although golf probably runs it close. My only interest in Northants CC would be if George Hill gets signed by them from Yorkshire as he was Big Boy Bingers best friend at nursery. Over than that, I am not right fussed.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 15, 2022, 15:43:58 pm »

As far as I am concerned, cricket is the most boring game in the universe although golf probably runs it close. My only interest in Northants CC would be if George Hill gets signed by them from Yorkshire as he was Big Boy Bingers best friend at nursery. Over than that, I am not right fussed.

Out of all three sports I have played in Cricket for me was the most enjoyable. Going into bat against hostile WI bowlers on the Racecourse and surviving in match saving 37 not out is hard to beat.
Report Spam   Logged

Ryan Amoo 14

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #531 on: June 15, 2022, 16:02:04 pm »

Going into bat against hostile WI bowlers on the Racecourse and surviving in match saving 37 not out is hard to beat.

Didn’t know the Womens Institute even played cricket.  Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 15, 2022, 16:29:41 pm »

Didn’t know the Womens Institute even played cricket.  Kiss

and why not indeed....very sexist comment Ryan especially in this day and age pt]Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #533 on: June 15, 2022, 16:31:13 pm »

I've noticed you like to snipe a lot fella dont ya and you come across as being superior. is i right signor or do u like chips with your shoulder joint?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #534 on: June 15, 2022, 16:52:21 pm »

They don't tcobb - they parcel their opinion as fact.  It's probably or even maybe; I can never get close too in pronouncing a fact on here!! Too many self opinionated/egoists experts who more often that not have some sort of agenda to knock the club/owners /Council/Trust and even Hoskins. No wonder people get fed up reading the sort of opinion which Jean G rails against. Now we have one punter claiming that the apparent split in club support might damage, put off or reduce our Budget/Investment Policies.

The most ironic post ever on this messageboard ever , well done you
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 15, 2022, 17:18:22 pm »

I've noticed you like to snipe a lot fella dont ya and you come across as being superior. is i right signor or do u like chips with your shoulder joint?

Grin - which county do you come from ?
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 15, 2022, 17:21:44 pm »

The most ironic post ever on this messageboard ever , well done you

No probs, coming from you that is indeed a true irony which no doubt is lost on you Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #537 on: June 15, 2022, 18:02:03 pm »

We are all mostly on here Northamptonians who like to see all three two major sporting activities of the Town , County and Saints do well. So if the County pull off some decent players good for them! If you are a neutral that is perhaps an issue for you.

Fixed it for you !

Get yourself to the Artizan...no egg chasing entertained by the management in there - just Cobblers & County!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #538 on: June 15, 2022, 18:06:39 pm »

Fixed it for you !

Get yourself to the Artizan...no egg chasing entertained by the management in there - just Cobblers & County!  Wink
They still doing the pizzas in there ?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2022, 18:24:07 pm »

Andy Williams signs for Walsall.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 118   Go Up
  Print