The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 18:21:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer window

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 118   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer window  (Read 207372 times)
yayo bayo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Poll Voter Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1320 on: July 08, 2022, 17:42:31 pm »

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/kieron-bowies-amazing-fulham-rise-23564232.amp

This boy seems to have been very highly rated, if he comes into the fold would it be a season loan. If he would be coming in on a permanent contract it would seem his star has fallen very quickly at Fulham!
Report Spam   Logged
TheShoeArmy1897

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #1321 on: July 11, 2022, 09:47:43 am »

Squad is back from training camp now, would we expect to see anymore inbound movement this week then?
Report Spam   Logged

Big City lights have never, and will never ever bother me
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1322 on: July 11, 2022, 10:14:59 am »

We’ve done well so far and it appears the wage bill has risen, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if one or two loan signings will come in and that will be us done.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #1323 on: July 11, 2022, 10:30:18 am »

No one really knows if the wage bill has gone up or down, we have signed, on paper, some good players, It is worth bearing in mind that   the players who have left us, Rose, Ashley-Seal, Mills, Harriman and Horsfall were all signed as League 1 players and, I assume, that their wages reflected this
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1324 on: July 11, 2022, 10:47:33 am »

We’ve done well so far and it appears the wage bill has risen, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised if one or two loan signings will come in and that will be us done.

Unless someone comes out from the club and declares it we don't know.
The salaries of the players who have left balancing against those that have arrived is unknown. 
Add to that the in and out fees, either transfer and/or signing on, should also be taken into account as well.  We can guess or speculate all we want but we'll never know for definite.
TBH, I like sitting back, enjoying and supporting those we have without worrying about how much it's cost someone, that's their problem and something that I don't need to be too bothered about.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
gocher

View Profile
100 Posts Search Mobile User
« Reply #1325 on: July 11, 2022, 10:49:51 am »

Kelvin confirmed on Friday our budget is 'a touch higher than last year'
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1326 on: July 11, 2022, 10:54:11 am »

Kelvin confirmed on Friday our budget is 'a touch higher than last year'

Granted, but what part of that 'a touch higher' is specifically for transfers and salaries and is relative to inflation and/or buying power?
It sounds good, but it's easy to say that when you don't have to reveal actual and comparable figures?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
the grumpy old man

View Profile
Signature 1000 Posts Combination
« Reply #1327 on: July 11, 2022, 10:59:39 am »

Unless someone comes out from the club and declares it we don't know.
The salaries of the players who have left balancing against those that have arrived is unknown. 
Add to that the in and out fees, either transfer and/or signing on, should also be taken into account as well.  We can guess or speculate all we want but we'll never know for definite.
TBH, I like sitting back, enjoying and supporting those we have without worrying about how much it's cost someone, that's their problem and something that I don't need to be too bothered about.

I'm with you on this DC, I don't care how much we have spent signing players, it's someone else's problem not mine.

We do need more players though, so I hope they will have more news for us this week as the new season is looming fast.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End Grand National sweepstake winner 2024
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1328 on: July 11, 2022, 11:29:25 am »

We need a Target man and some pace out wide, being greedy a playmaker we so desperately need.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #1329 on: July 11, 2022, 11:40:28 am »

We need a Target man and some pace out wide, being greedy a playmaker we so desperately need.

Agreed, at least 3 more players all of a forward persuasion required.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1330 on: July 11, 2022, 12:08:51 pm »

I’m not so certain that we need an out-and-out target man this year, I think JB and CC are looking to make the team style a little bit more progressive than previous seasons given the players we have brought in appear to be more comfortable on the ball. To accommodate a target man we would have to maybe go even more direct than last year which I don’t think will improve our results - less possession, less shots, less chances of winning regularly (at least this is the thought process for lots of high level coaches currently).

Effective target men usually come at a price as it’s not just about being over a certain height, they need to anticipate where their teammates want to put it. Vadaine Oliver vs Harry Smith for example was chalk and cheese. I’m not convinced there are many at this level that are too effective at this level, and the ones that are (Oliver, Palmer, Quigley) all come at a premium. Richie Bennett would have been a great option for this but he’s recently signed for Barrow.

I reckon getting a quality number 10 in is the absolute priority now. Probably the best bet is a season loan from a Prem / Champ team but Swindon proved that you can sign some great creative players at this level with getting Jonny Williams last year.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2022, 12:11:26 pm by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #1331 on: July 11, 2022, 12:10:19 pm »

I think a lot will depend on whether Brady sees us playing predominantly the 4-2-3-1 of last year, something else or having flexibility which gives us more options but possibly dilutes quality. I kind of get the feeling that Brady has filled his first 11 and those coming in will be for depth and to challenge for a place in the team. That’s not to say that won’t force their way into the starting lineup like Koiki did last year but I think signings now will be of a lesser pedigree or loans.

Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #1332 on: July 11, 2022, 14:33:11 pm »

Should be one in before tomorrow’s friendly
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1333 on: July 11, 2022, 14:52:17 pm »

good to know! Is this one we have had on trial with us or a fresh addition?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1334 on: July 11, 2022, 14:55:02 pm »

If you're going up please don't turn up tomorrow. The friendly with West Brom is Wednesday  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: July 11, 2022, 14:59:18 pm »

good to know! Is this one we have had on trial with us or a fresh addition?

A fresh one, although word is the club expect to get that Fulham lad in as well
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: July 11, 2022, 14:59:44 pm »

If you're going up please don't turn up tomorrow. The friendly with West Brom is Wednesday  Wink

I’m blaming the heat! My head is melting
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1337 on: July 11, 2022, 15:01:00 pm »

I’m blaming the heat! My head is melting

Same here mate  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1338 on: July 11, 2022, 15:26:16 pm »

Same here mate  Grin
+1
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #1339 on: July 11, 2022, 15:35:43 pm »

+1

My head aint melting but my balls are aching.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 118   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: