The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:59:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The magic of the Cup. Chesterfield away FAC 1R 05.11.22

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The magic of the Cup. Chesterfield away FAC 1R 05.11.22  (Read 7331 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2022, 11:32:32 am »

We are around 17th in the table mark and are massively over performing according to budget. People do not realise this .
No , i can’t tell you where this has come from but it is common knowledge amongst the other teams , agents and players in football. Everyone knows each other’s budget levels .

Absolute nonsense.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2022, 11:52:57 am »

I doubt that apart from Hylton any of our other signings are on big money. Leonard, Bowie and Eppiah are on loan so presumably their parent clubs are contributing to their wages. Fox was playing in the National League last season and Haynes at Newport County. Lintott, Sherring and Magloire are all relatively young and at the start of their careers. So Burge is the only  other player likely to be on a decent wage.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2022, 12:02:13 pm »

Absolute nonsense.

You need to articulate why (as I would say when giving feedback on undergraduate scripts).
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2022, 12:13:16 pm »

At last a sensible and reasoned post. There has been a massive over reaction after Saturday's defeat. Yes we are in a sticky run, all sides have them. If we had a near full strength squad to pick from these last 7 or 8 games then I would be worried.
I can't comment on the budget, so won't get involved in that one!

Agreed Wadey, B&S message was a good one and the over reaction was to me like 'toys out the pram'. It only encourages those who require any excuse to criticize the Club, JB and players. Shameful attitude.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2022, 13:55:36 pm »

Absolute nonsense.

You need to articulate why (as I would say when giving feedback on undergraduate scripts).

👍

Report Spam   Logged

Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2022, 19:23:12 pm »

Quite simply because we don’t have the 17th ‘biggest’ / 8th smallest budget in the league.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2022, 19:32:06 pm »

I doubt that apart from Hylton any of our other signings are on big money. Leonard, Bowie and Eppiah are on loan so presumably their parent clubs are contributing to their wages. Fox was playing in the National League last season and Haynes at Newport County. Lintott, Sherring and Magloire are all relatively young and at the start of their careers. So Burge is the only  other player likely to be on a decent wage.

Have you considered the new deals for McWilliams, Hoskins, Pinnock, Guthrie, Sowerby etc?

With Burge and Maglorie we beat off league 1 competition. Hylton had offers in the Championship and League 1. Haynes and Lintott were on Stevenages radar, Evans confirmed they were priced out. Fox was very favoured at the Grimsby at the time, they confirmed they couldn’t compete with the package on offer.

Loans agreed are a cheap squad filler, with Eppiah we be contributing more than people expect or Leicester would have just paid him out of his contract which expires at the end of the season. 

I don’t think those above as signed for peanuts for the love of the club Grin
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2022, 19:56:49 pm »

Quite simply because we don’t have the 17th ‘biggest’ / 8th smallest budget in the league.
I am not sure that opinion is valid as a response to your put down on B&S opinion. To me your message above is to glib and seems to skip on factual evidence. Can you offer more clarification on the above statement?
Report Spam   Logged

west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2022, 20:06:24 pm »

Yes I have considered the new deals for the existing players but doubt they would be sustantially more than what they were already on. As I said Burge would not be cheap and Hylton would be a high earner and nearly joined in January. Stevenage may have been interested in Lintott and Haynes but neither are likely to be on big money. Lintott was released by Gillingham and brought in as a squad player with future potential and the reason he has played so many games is because Odimayo got injured who was suppose to fill the right back spot while McGowan was out. Haynes was released by Newport County, where it is unlikely he would be a higher earner, and was brought in to cover and challenge for the left back spot and I think from what we have so far seen Koiki will remain the number 1 choice. As for Fox again I doubt he was on big money playing for Grimsby in the National League and unlikely to be a higher earner here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3542

« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2022, 20:17:49 pm »

Hoskins had to be paid a bundle to stay. Guthrie salary would make an accountant blush.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2022, 20:43:55 pm »

Yes I have considered the new deals for the existing players but doubt they would be sustantially more than what they were already on. As I said Burge would not be cheap and Hylton would be a high earner and nearly joined in January. Stevenage may have been interested in Lintott and Haynes but neither are likely to be on big money. Lintott was released by Gillingham and brought in as a squad player with future potential and the reason he has played so many games is because Odimayo got injured who was suppose to fill the right back spot while McGowan was out. Haynes was released by Newport County, where it is unlikely he would be a higher earner, and was brought in to cover and challenge for the left back spot and I think from what we have so far seen Koiki will remain the number 1 choice. As for Fox again I doubt he was on big money playing for Grimsby in the National League and unlikely to be a higher earner here.

Out of interest do you think our wage bill is higher or lower than this time last season?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2022, 20:48:29 pm »

Have you considered the new deals for McWilliams, Hoskins, Pinnock, Guthrie, Sowerby etc?

With Burge and Maglorie we beat off league 1 competition. Hylton had offers in the Championship and League 1. Haynes and Lintott were on Stevenages radar, Evans confirmed they were priced out. Fox was very favoured at the Grimsby at the time, they confirmed they couldn’t compete with the package on offer.

Loans agreed are a cheap squad filler, with Eppiah we be contributing more than people expect or Leicester would have just paid him out of his contract which expires at the end of the season. 

I don’t think those above as signed for peanuts for the love of the club Grin

Most of this is to put it mildly very subjective.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 20:51:43 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2022, 20:58:17 pm »

Out of interest do you think our wage bill is higher or lower than this time last season?

Impossible to answer without access to the actual figures. We had Harriman, Rose, Kabamba and Ashley-Seal on the payroll at least three of whom would have been well rewarded.

The FD said we had a "competitive" budget, whatever that means in exact terms.

The recent contract negotiations appear to have emphasised length of contract rather than (perhaps) size of annual remuneration. Perhaps the Carney Chibueze Chukwuemeka money funded the contract extensions.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2022, 21:19:48 pm »

Kelvin Thomas said himself in an interview (maybe the fan forum, can't remember where) this year the budget is Top 10, and also directly referenced the people last year saying our budget was 18th were factually completely wrong. I think you can factor into the fact that he would have a little incentive to embelish, but if I was going to trust a source with information I have literally no way of fact checking, I'm going to far more believe the person who actually sets the budget. I have to have faith that KT is being honest is in interview to believe what he's saying is correct, but for other posters I have to have faith that they are both being honest and also have access to priveleged information they shouldn't have access to, which seems far less believable.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2022, 22:09:18 pm »

At least he used 'nonsense' in adjective form and not that ridiculous upper-middle class Telegraph reading noun variety 'a nonsense'...which is frankly, fcuking nonsense!  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2022, 04:37:52 am »

I am not sure that opinion is valid as a response to your put down on B&S opinion. To me your message above is to glib and seems to skip on factual evidence. Can you offer more clarification on the above statement?

You know that's a bit one sided. Where is the evidence on either side of the debate? The only "evidence" we have is the statement from the chairman that the budget in top ten (and that doesn't mean 10th highest). Whether you believe him or not doesn't matter, it's the only FACT we have at our disposal unless one of the other two protagonists would like to divulge their sources. Also, if I were a manager working miracles on a shoestring budget and my chairman was lying to everybody saying I had a much bigger budget I certainly wouldn't stay silent.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2022, 04:41:46 am »

Hoskins had to be paid a bundle to stay.

Why? He's been here donkey's years; I don't recall other teams knocking down our door to prise him away before this 3-month wonder spell which I believe has come along AFTER he signed the new contract.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2022, 06:17:43 am »

Kelvin Thomas said himself in an interview (maybe the fan forum, can't remember where) this year the budget is Top 10, and also directly referenced the people last year saying our budget was 18th were factually completely wrong. I think you can factor into the fact that he would have a little incentive to embelish, but if I was going to trust a source with information I have literally no way of fact checking, I'm going to far more believe the person who actually sets the budget. I have to have faith that KT is being honest is in interview to believe what he's saying is correct, but for other posters I have to have faith that they are both being honest and also have access to priveleged information they shouldn't have access to, which seems far less believable.

I think on this occasion its sensible to side with KT as the chairman and the one that sets the budgets, rather than Hotelend message board member Boot and Shoe. Grin Grin

It’s amazing (also concerning!) what some on here would believe.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2022, 10:50:43 am »

I think on this occasion its sensible to side with KT as the chairman and the one that sets the budgets, rather than Hotelend message board member Boot and Shoe. Grin Grin

It’s amazing (also concerning!) what some on here would believe.

i couldn’t care less if you “believe “ me or not .
I am merely sharing what is actually fairly common knowledge amongst other teams , management and agents .
One reason we are short on numbers is because we took the decision to get better quality players over increased bodies .
We also have x3 loanees that cost very little .
There are about 16 teams that have a bigger budget than us in division 2 .
i wouldn’t believe everything you are told officially because like many things , they can be twisted to suit an argument .
Look no further than the stand development , received fees , supposed fees paid out , further investment … need i go on ? it’s part of football !
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2022, 12:33:41 pm »

We've had the Trust vs KT, now it is BS vs KT

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/thomas-says-cobblers-have-competitive-budget-but-cant-compete-with-league-twos-big-spenders-3758045

Ultimately there is no factual list available but with the squad we have I'd hazard a guess that our budget is competitive within our peers. I certainly don't see that we are currently 'over performing' (whatever that means in league 2?!) and it never just comes down to money. e.g. probably safe to assume that Hylton isn't here for pennies and hardly demonstrating good VFM.
Arsenal are flying but far, far off being the top spenders.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: