The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 14:30:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Hylton

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hylton  (Read 18216 times)
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2023, 11:23:10 am »

I think the jury is still out on Hylton & to be sure we are not giving him much of a chance/ minutes on pitch.

We have got to play to his strengths & make allowances for his age etc etc.

Having said that we are a graveyard for strikers in the main & many then have resurgence when they leave us ....the latest example being Danny Rose who even had a goal ruled out v. Villa thru' no fault of his own yesterday.

Hylts is still accomplished in the dark arts of s***housery & is a good guy to bring on to see out a narrow win by holding the ball up, which no other current player seems able to do.

Just give him a chance ....we are pretty desperate up front, Super-Sam apart.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2023, 11:40:55 am »

I don't think we need to make an allowance for his age, he is only 33. I guess Argentina made allowances for Messi in the world cup because he is 35.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2023, 11:53:18 am »

I really don’t want it to become a witch-hunt with Hylton but I don’t think he even holds the ball up particularly well. The only way we’re going to know for sure is if he starts a few games but I can’t see JB doing that.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2023, 12:14:16 pm »

A work colleague is an Oxford fan and he was quite impressed we managed to sign Hylton saying that he could be a good signing.
When he asked the last week how Hylton was getting on I said not that good, he replied as long as he has kept his pace he will come good !! I explained how slow he appears to be, reply? You're f##ked then.

Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2023, 12:39:34 pm »

I've just checked back on our pre-season friendlies and early season matches. He got plenty of time to prove himself then but didn't.

Perhaps St Mirren would be interested - two goals (one a penalty).

He looks a spent force to me.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2023, 12:52:58 pm »

I was please when he signed for us as most supporters were but the lacking pace comment seems to be true as illustrated in the Orient game when he pushed the ball past the defenders but appeared to be running in treacle in an attempt to regain possession. I cannot see us altering our tactics which have got us in our current position to accommodate him and he is not suited to the high pressing game.
It was also previously said that he comes alive in the box but when he has come on he is rarely seen in the box. I would be delighted if he turns things around and bangs in 5-10 goals in the rest of the season but at the moment it looks like a transfer that just has not worked out.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2023, 14:33:07 pm »

I've come to the conclusion that Hylton is only likely to thrive in a 4-4-2 set up.

We like to play with a front 3, with players switching over, running the channels, pressing etc. Simply not Hylton's game.

Perhaps if we signed a big lump in the coming 2-3 weeks, then plan B (or C) could be to bring on said player along with Hylton to win us games late on or of course, add to that games goal tally. OR switch the formation more often with the current incumbents to facilitate this old school system.

Brady does seem to like to keep 3 or 4 forwards on at all times. Which is fine, but possibly not in the case of getting the best out of Danny H.

When we replaced Eppiah with him on Saturday, I expected that to be that as far as us as an attacking force was concerned, and so it was.

Hyltons attributes (potentially) are making central runs, playing off of and alongside another central striker. I think its time for us either to try that out or alternatively try and off load him and invest in player(s) that are more likely to be able to work within the system that has proved to be very successful for us this season.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2023, 09:52:13 am »

Looking at some of the chances we have created and missed in recent games, especially those in and around the 6 yard box from Appere and Yengi have missed. I think there is an opportunity for someone like Hylton to have an impact when he is fit.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2023, 09:55:34 am »

Its about time that a further update, on the nature of his injury was given. And Harrop. They both seem to have slipped under the radar.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2023, 09:55:55 am »

That’s a big ‘if’.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 27, 2023, 10:00:54 am »

I agree, it’s all gone quiet on the status of Hylton, Harrop and also McWilliams unless I’ve missed something?
Report Spam   Logged
Merry Comrade

View Profile
Level 3 Topic Starter One year Anniversary
« Reply #71 on: March 27, 2023, 10:10:00 am »

I would play a fit Hylton before Yengi any day of the week. I think Hylton still has the quality to be a potential match winner and I hope we see him again before the season ends.
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #72 on: March 27, 2023, 11:54:44 am »

Who is this Hylton chap mentioned?!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #73 on: March 27, 2023, 12:03:51 pm »

Bearing in mind Hylton can hardly train and hasn’t done so since he has been here , it’s hard to understand how he will play for us moving forward .
Same with the lightweight Eppiah who i doubt will find a club next season in the EFL .
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2023, 12:13:50 pm »

Bearing in mind Hylton can hardly train and hasn’t done so since he has been here , it’s hard to understand how he will play for us moving forward .
Same with the lightweight Eppiah who i doubt will find a club next season in the EFL .

To be fair, he's ok at moving forward and falling down...scoring and the rest more the issue!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2023, 10:32:23 am »

Back light training by all accounts unlike the lightweight Eppiah
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2023, 11:01:15 am »

Can he play centre back?
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #77 on: March 28, 2023, 11:16:03 am »

Can he play centre back?

Can you imagine Hylton marking Danny Rose?

90 minutes plus of s**thousery from the pair of them!
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2023, 11:19:24 am »

Can you imagine Hylton marking Danny Rose?

90 minutes plus of s**thousery from the pair of them!

I don’t think Rose has been starting for them recently but I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes an appearance on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2023, 11:28:03 am »

Back light training by all accounts unlike the lightweight Eppiah
Bit wet to be hiding in the bushes next to the training ground!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: