The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 15:43:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

High Energy Barrow (a)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Energy Barrow (a)  (Read 5313 times)
Clarity

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2023, 16:38:34 pm »

That’s a shame - if Carlisle win or draw against Barrow on Tuesday we drop out of the automatics but with a game in hand.
Their commentary team described that game as the Cumbria Classico  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2023, 16:53:33 pm »

Now 8 points behind Orient with a game in hand, in their last 7 games they have scored 1 goal.
Expect to drop to 4th on Tuesday night as Carlisle are at home to Barrow and they have another winnable home game next Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2023, 17:04:40 pm »

Now 8 points behind Orient with a game in hand, in their last 7 games they have scored 1 goal.
Expect to drop to 4th on Tuesday night as Carlisle are at home to Barrow and they have another winnable home game next Saturday.

Never expect anything is this league, plus it's a local derby.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2023, 17:32:24 pm »

Carlisle only need a point on Tuesday to go above us and Barrow are going to have to put in a much better performance than today, they did not have a shot on target until the 96th minute.

We now have the best away record in the division.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2023, 18:09:02 pm »

Great result. A much better performance in the second half. Appere put in a shift which is something I don’t get the chance to say to often!

Looks like a 4 horse race at the top!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2023, 18:55:16 pm »

Great result. A much better performance in the second half. Appere put in a shift which is something I don’t get the chance to say to often!

Looks like a 4 horse race at the top!

Great result indeed.... 49 points now, should see us safe from relegation!!

Does look like 3 from four at this stage, but plenty of time to go yet.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2023, 19:14:42 pm »

Great result indeed.... 49 points now, should see us safe from relegation!!

Phew, that's always my concern at the start of the season.

And sometimes quite late on in the season as well.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2023, 20:13:13 pm »

Harrop coming on!

Any chance of match report , who played well. Curly said we were poor 1st half inspite of another poster saying defence looked ok.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2023, 21:02:25 pm »

First half very poor, as bad if not worse than we've been all season, struggled to pass to our own players, like Stockport last game.
Much better second half and once we scored there was only going to be one winner. Pinnock poor again, seems to have gone completely off the boil, Bradford game apart, since he signed his new contract. Thought Fox had a good game and Guthrie, in fact the defence was very solid, think we restricted them to a couple of shots. Don't understand Apperes aversion to heading the ball. Never seems to even attempt to head it, in fact he actually ducked several times when the ball came near his head. He did head it once, when under no pressure, straight out of play. Apart from his heading phobia he had a reasonable game. Great 3 points and 2 very winnable games coming up and Barrow to beat Carlisle Tuesday.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2023, 21:11:13 pm »

First half very poor, as bad if not worse than we've been all season, struggled to pass to our own players, like Stockport last game.
Much better second half and once we scored there was only going to be one winner. Pinnock poor again, seems to have gone completely off the boil, Bradford game apart, since he signed his new contract. Thought Fox had a good game and Guthrie, in fact the defence was very solid, think we restricted them to a couple of shots. Don't understand Apperes aversion to heading the ball. Never seems to even attempt to head it, in fact he actually ducked several times when the ball came near his head. He did head it once, when under no pressure, straight out of play. Apart from his heading phobia he had a reasonable game. Great 3 points and 2 very winnable games coming up and Barrow to beat Carlisle Tuesday.

Can’t argue with any of that.

Must admit I’m confused why Eppiah has been dropped for Pinnock. Two weeks ago I was slated for questioning it as apparently Eppiah needed a rest, I’m not sure if he’s still in need of a rest or if in fact he has been dropped as I assumed.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2023, 21:24:10 pm »

Can’t argue with any of that.

Must admit I’m confused why Eppiah has been dropped for Pinnock. Two weeks ago I was slated for questioning it as apparently Eppiah needed a rest, I’m not sure if he’s still in need of a rest or if in fact he has been dropped as I assumed.

Certainly couldn't do a lot worse than Pinnock at the moment. Maybe Pinnock needs a rest.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2023, 21:54:32 pm »

See above Evers.

I preferred the Bradford win, but its unlikely we'd do that week in week out. However, promotion or even Champions, needs wins like that. And if we get the occasional flash of brilliance like at Valley Parade, it will have been a good season.

See you at Spotland.
Report Spam   Logged

Bingers

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2023, 22:01:14 pm »

Harrop coming on!

Didn't have long on the pitch to show us what he could do, but my observation is that he is quite slight and was easily bundled off the ball, and the pitch, by the bigger boys. There were a couple of touches that showed potential, but too little to make a proper assessment. Seen him the flesh though, so that is one up from Siddique.
Report Spam   Logged

Arminder Shwami

View Profile
100 Posts One year Anniversary 50 Posts
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2023, 08:34:47 am »

Don't understand Apperes aversion to heading the ball. Never seems to even attempt to head it, in fact he actually ducked several times when the ball came near his head. He did head it once, when under no pressure, straight out of play.
You may have missed his flick for Fox’s goal. I admit he can look lost or clumsy under the high ball but I think he’s all about getting the ball down to get the team playing off him. He won’t win many aerial challenges with big defenders and there’s no point him flicking on when we have no runners in behind him. Get it to his feet or at least his midriff, and he comes alive. One beautiful reverse pass to Hoskins yesterday.
Report Spam   Logged
Arminder Shwami

View Profile
100 Posts One year Anniversary 50 Posts
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2023, 08:41:09 am »

Appere put in a shift which is something I don’t get the chance to say to often!

Blimey! But how many shots did he have? MoM for you in a modest display against Stockport and now this grudging compliment. Can I send you a Louis fan club application form?  So far it’s just me and most of the opposition commentators.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2023, 09:10:44 am »

You may have missed his flick for Fox’s goal.I admit he can look lost or clumsy under the high ball but I think he’s all about getting the ball down to get the team playing off him. He won’t win many aerial challenges with big defenders and there’s no point him flicking on when we have no runners in behind him. Get it to his feet or at least his midriff, and he comes alive. One beautiful reverse pass to Hoskins yesterday.

Flick? He went for it but completely missed it. I wasn't questioning his general play, I said he had a reasonable game, just puzzled by his heading aversion. Why won't he win many aerial challenges? He's a big lad. Even small Super Sam wins a fair few aerial challenges against big defenders.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2023, 09:11:12 am »

Appere put in a shift which is something I don’t get the chance to say to often!

I think that's massively unfair. While I personally think he's a very good player I can appreciate that others don't rate him, but to say he doesn't often put in a shift is clearly incorrect.

I'd have thought even his harshest critics could appreciate his work rate - he runs his socks off for us every time he plays.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Worthless Recluse

Keep it up, keep it up.

View Profile
One year Anniversary Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2023, 09:42:40 am »

I think that's massively unfair. While I personally think he's a very good player I can appreciate that others don't rate him, but to say he doesn't often put in a shift is clearly incorrect.

I'd have thought even his harshest critics could appreciate his work rate - he runs his socks off for us every time he plays.
Absolutely right.
That's the one constant to his game, he runs his nuts off. The rest of it isn't always so good for me.
More generally, I thought yesterday was a real good example of us controlling the game and taking our chances when they came along. A copybook performance. Barrow were poor, but a lot of that was down to us. Credit also aw it can't be easy playing at a s***hole like that, there was zero atmosphere.  Ifthe new fella from Barnsley was there he must wonder what he's got himself into.
What chance Carlisle and Stevenage go up with us while Orient have to make do with the play offs?
Report Spam   Logged

HanleyplayedFender.
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2023, 09:44:47 am »

The first 45 minutes were just incredibly dull with virtually nothing happening, and not for the first time I questioned my sanity in using up an entire day of my life just for 90 minutes of football - the only consolation being it was a new ground for me to tick off the list.

Second half however I thought we played some really nice stuff at times. We absolutely bossed it in midfield, and I'm in the strange position of really rating Marc Leonard and what he brings to us, but thinking that the midfield three of Fox-Sowerby-McWilliams is actually our best unit in there. Still, it's nice to have options and Hondermarck will only add to that once he's fit enough to feature.

How Mysterious Curle can question the work rate of Appere is beyond me, every game he puts a mammoth shift in. His scoring record and aerial strength is there for questioning no doubt, but I don't think that's what he's being selected for by Brady - it's his pressing of the opposition defence and his hold up play with the ball to his feet where he can bring our midfield into the game and allow us to have more possession.

I'd put Appere in the same category as Sowerby in that the end product stats (attacking wise) might suggest they don't contribute much, but there's probably a whole load of other stats that we don't see that justify their inclusion, though the main thing is that we play much better as an XI when they are both in there.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 09:46:38 am by FezNTFC » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2023, 10:00:26 am »

Forget 3/4 place I’m looking at the title. We’ve had our wobble and tough run of games McWazza is back, it’s in the bag.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: