The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 11:32:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crewe Alexandra at home Saturday 18/03/22

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crewe Alexandra at home Saturday 18/03/22  (Read 5977 times)
guest3574

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2023, 11:50:08 am »

Sam Hoskins has been our most consistent goal scorer this season, his assists have been vital as well, as demonstrated on Saturday! All the stats in the world will not change that. He gets my POS vote
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #101 on: March 21, 2023, 13:45:20 pm »

No irony at all over who handed the goal to him on a plate.  Grin

Grin Grin

Never in the annals of this valued and honourable Forum has there been so many examples of ironic examples!

Not sure if it was handed on a plate as our No. 9 had to exercise some skill in volleying the ball home …..emphatically

« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 15:54:43 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #102 on: March 21, 2023, 14:02:27 pm »

Of course its relevant. Just not to you.

Try this.
Each Appere goal has gained us 3pts.
Each Hoskins goal has gained us 1.37pts.
See the difference?

Technically you are wrong here mate. Because if Appere hadn't of scored in those game's, then we'd have got a point each time instead of 3. So he's actually gained us 10 points, not 15!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #103 on: March 21, 2023, 14:42:55 pm »

Technically you are wrong here mate. Because if Appere hadn't of scored in those game's, then we'd have got a point each time instead of 3. So he's actually gained us 10 points, not 15!  Grin
How's Hemsby beach doing? Looks in a worse predicament than the East Stand!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #104 on: March 21, 2023, 15:03:07 pm »

Technically you are wrong here mate. Because if Appere hadn't of scored in those game's, then we'd have got a point each time instead of 3.
So he's actually gained us 10 points, not 15!  Grin

Yeah but if Bob hadn't played then one of the other strikers would have stepped up to the plate with a brace, so he actually lost us points every time he played.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 15:58:04 pm by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #105 on: March 21, 2023, 16:32:51 pm »

There is only one stat that matters IMO.

The TEAM has got 66 points from 37 games currently.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #106 on: March 21, 2023, 17:16:28 pm »

There is only one stat that matters IMO.

The TEAM has got 66 points from 37 games currently.
FACT
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3574

« Reply #107 on: March 21, 2023, 17:24:46 pm »

FACT
Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #108 on: March 21, 2023, 17:29:18 pm »

In February we played 6 games, winning 1 and scored 4 goals. Marvo says if Hoskins does not score somebody else will STEP UP but it appears there was no STEPPING UP in February. I'm sure you could go back further and find plenty of other examples to prove this, when he says "I guess that proves posters on here don't have a clue" is he including himself. It really is time to stop constantly bleating on about this topic.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #109 on: March 21, 2023, 17:53:05 pm »

In February we played 6 games, winning 1 and scored 4 goals. Marvo says if Hoskins does not score somebody else will STEP UP but it appears there was no STEPPING UP in February. I'm sure you could go back further and find plenty of other examples to prove this, when he says "I guess that proves posters on here don't have a clue" is he including himself. It really is time to stop constantly bleating on about this topic.

The classic assumption of not accounting for our mystery prolific goal scorer not playing because of Hoskins stealing a place.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2023, 03:06:45 am »

One purple patch in, what is it now,  6 seasons, is not going to convince me of anything other than what I already believed. Maybe if he repeats the feat next season in League 1 I might start to agree with you.

I also don't understand why you have to act like a pack of hunting dogs just because one person happens to have a different opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
guest3574

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2023, 08:16:01 am »

It was an excellent result!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2023, 08:46:13 am »

One purple patch in, what is it now,  6 seasons, is not going to convince me of anything other than what I already believed. Maybe if he repeats the feat next season in League 1 I might start to agree with you.

I also don't understand why you have to act like a pack of hunting dogs just because one person happens to have a different opinion.
Do you recognise that whilst he has very much divided opinions for 5-6 years he is have a brilliant season? I understand your point, even though I dont agree, but surely credit has to be given for the current season?

The stats you have put up are interesting but what is the 'so what'. Are you suggesting that Sam shouldnt be picked each week or is it purely informational?
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2023, 10:15:24 am »

What can't you understand? He works his socks off, plays in a number of positions, assists, and scores goals when others have struggled! You obviously don't like him which is fine, it's your choice but you look daft trying to discredit him with stats. That's my opinion, which I would imagine most on here would share.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2023, 10:43:19 am »

“ Like packs of dogs assaulting the glass fronts of love me Avenue” 
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2023, 10:46:39 am »

Do you recognise that whilst he has very much divided opinions for 5-6 years he is have a brilliant season? I understand your point, even though I dont agree, but surely credit has to be given for the current season?

The stats you have put up are interesting but what is the 'so what'. Are you suggesting that Sam shouldnt be picked each week or is it purely informational?

He shouldn't have started after the Bradford game. His recall should have been dependent on the result/performance of that next game.

The amount of injuries we've suffered means he would have been certain to have regained his place at some point I would imagine.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2023, 10:50:06 am »

That's my opinion, which I would imagine most on here would share.

Excellent. I hate to be in the majority on here, what's the point of "I told you so" if everybody agreed with me?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
guest3571

« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2023, 10:51:40 am »

He shouldn't have started after the Bradford game. His recall should have been dependent on the result/performance of that next game.

The amount of injuries we've suffered means he would have been certain to have regained his place at some point I would imagine.

Fair reply. Was it right that Burge took his place back in the team over King?
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2023, 10:59:06 am »

You keep going back to the bradford game. Yes we played well. It worked. Would it have worked the same against another team with a different style at home for instance? The next game was in two weeks. Who knows what happened behind the scenes in that time.

At that point sam had 13 goals in 14 league games...
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2023, 12:16:24 pm »

And who knows how many he would have scored at Bradford?.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: