The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 14:32:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Accounts…as you were

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accounts…as you were  (Read 2423 times)
DavCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2023, 19:03:32 pm »

I'm probably in a minority here, but I don't care about the Club's accounts! I'm more concerned with paying my energy bills

It’s a good point, well made.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3574

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2023, 20:36:33 pm »

It’s a good point, well made.
Thanks, I know people are interested in the club's accounts and finances, i'm not. It used to be somewhere I could lose myself for a couple of hours on match day
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2023, 22:03:14 pm »

I'm probably in a minority here, but I don't care about the Club's accounts! I'm more concerned with paying my energy bills
Cared enough to point out that you don't care..But you do really  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2023, 08:50:02 am »

As much as the Luton Liar and some others would want us to believe, I have very few concerns over the financial health of the club. Yes I would like the club to be debt free, yes I would like more money in the bank, yes I would like more money to sign better players, but I currently dont have any concerns over the financial heath of the club which mean I am worried about having a team to support this weekend or next season.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2023, 09:29:40 am »

As much as the Luton Liar and some others would want us to believe, I have very few concerns over the financial health of the club. Yes I would like the club to be debt free, yes I would like more money in the bank, yes I would like more money to sign better players, but I currently don't have any concerns over the financial heath of the club which mean I am worried about having a team to support this weekend or next season.

If you read the Auditors Report you will find it makes it very clear we are reliant on the support of the Owners. Without that we would not be treated as a going concern. We would be technically insolvent and forced into Receivership. What happens if the principal owner becomes incapable or changes his mind?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2023, 10:08:40 am »

If you read the Auditors Report you will find it makes it very clear we are reliant on the support of the Owners. Without that we would not be treated as a going concern. We would be technically insolvent and forced into Receivership. What happens if the principal owner becomes incapable or changes his mind?

But surely you apply those points to Wrexham and most other teams in the country
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2023, 10:39:30 am »

I know.
How many of the football league clubs are in a similar position? I would guess the majority.
How many of the football league clubs owe money to 3rd parties? I would again guess the majority.

The situation we are in (needing support of owners) is a reflection of football overall and not specific to us. You could argue that we are in a stronger position than some of our rivals as we dont have outside debt that could be called in.

Not sayings its a good place to be in, but its not something that I worry about. Can call me naïve and burying my head in the sand etc but thats my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2023, 14:33:44 pm »

The report does also mention that although the amount is shown in the accounts (779k) we may not have the physical cash for all those transactions yet. If say we had only received 400k then the actual operating loss for the year would be greater. Not sure how it would work, would it be double accounting if we received some income from these deals next financial year? The debtors to the club (ie those who owe us money) only equate to £341k so is it safe to assume that we have actually received a good chunk of that £779k already or would the outstanding payments not appear in the debtors sum either?

There is also mention of the staffing costs (£3.8m) but another line in there for "administrative expenses" of just over £1.1m. What are these expenses if they are not staff costs?

The other thing I noticed in the last line of the accounts showing that BDJ seems to have loaned the club a further £875k in the financial year.

Who is BDJ chap? Is it that sex worker that won't share then sells it to ne'er do wells?
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
random1

View Profile
Search Level 3 Mobile User
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2023, 22:29:46 pm »

I know.
How many of the football league clubs are in a similar position? I would guess the majority.
How many of the football league clubs owe money to 3rd parties? I would again guess the majority.

The situation we are in (needing support of owners) is a reflection of football overall and not specific to us. You could argue that we are in a stronger position than some of our rivals as we dont have outside debt that could be called in.

Not sayings its a good place to be in, but its not something that I worry about. Can call me naïve and burying my head in the sand etc but thats my opinion.

Tell you one club that isn't, and funny enough it is owned by its supporters - Exeter City or Plymouth (whose owner converted most debt to shares)

Absolute chalk and cheese
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2023, 12:27:25 pm »

Tell you one club that isn't, and funny enough it is owned by its supporters - Exeter City or Plymouth (whose owner converted most debt to shares)

Absolute chalk and cheese
Then I implore you and the Trust board to do something proactive about it.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2023, 12:34:24 pm »

As much as the Luton Liar and some others would want us to believe, I have very few concerns over the financial health of the club. Yes I would like the club to be debt free, yes I would like more money in the bank, yes I would like more money to sign better players, but I currently dont have any concerns over the financial heath of the club which mean I am worried about having a team to support this weekend or next season.
So you're not worried by the millions our club will lose over the coming years by being denied much needed improvement into its infrastructure?
Of course you don't as you're only interested in the land windfall for cdnl... oh you Transparent one Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2023, 12:38:20 pm »

So you're not worried by the millions our club will lose over the coming years by being denied much needed improvement into its infrastructure?
Of course you don't as you're only interested in the land windfall for cdnl... oh you Transparent one Wink
No I wont be worrying about fictitious numbers from the Luton Liar. I am hopefully that our club will be able to buy the land and use the £20m ( Grin)  to develop the ground
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2023, 12:38:37 pm »

And just where did you read this in the accounts?
Care to point it out?
Was it self inflicted by poor running of the club and failing to maximise earnings?....
We don't need cdnl, but they need us to get the 23 acres.
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2023, 14:14:26 pm »

I’m just pleased my opening post premonition didn’t disappoint.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2023, 15:12:04 pm »

And just where did you read this in the accounts?
Care to point it out?
Was it self inflicted by poor running of the club and failing to maximise earnings?....
We don't need cdnl, but they need us to get the 23 acres.
Under the going concerns bit and the Directors statement, as they are every year. Surely you have read them with all your knowledge of the clubs turnover and how much we are therefore losing to every other club in the land. Surely, otherwise that would suggest you are just making up the numbers.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2023, 15:31:38 pm »

I’m just pleased my opening post premonition didn’t disappoint.  Grin

The problem with reading them is that they leave you with even more questions than you had before reading them. Carlisle United (one example) provide far more detail to work with.

To be fair, I've prepared hundreds of these documents and the owners always plump for the minimum information compliant with relevant legislation. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3551

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2023, 22:03:19 pm »

The problem with reading them is that they leave you with even more questions than you had before reading them. Carlisle United (one example) provide far more detail to work with.

To be fair, I've prepared hundreds of these documents and the owners always plump for the minimum information compliant with relevant legislation. 

Crooked world, ain't it.
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2023, 06:27:54 am »

Under the going concerns bit and the Directors statement, as they are every year. Surely you have read them with all your knowledge of the clubs turnover and how much we are therefore losing to every other club in the land. Surely, otherwise that would suggest you are just making up the numbers.
That's what they would like you to think, perhaps?

When a club is deliberately operating at well less than would be expected  all things considered, any loses have to be own by the directors as they have failed to capitalise on earnings potential.
Our deliberately kept, archaic non league infrastructure and lack of inward investors is taking its toll on our abilities to trade as equals to the likes of Huddersfield Barnsley  Rotherham Watford  Posh Oxford etc, meaning we have to compare our trading abilities to the likes of tiny morecambe Accrington Harrogate and Sutton!
We need a finished east stand and a 3000 capacity increase from the land opertunity that has presented itself for the 2nd time in 10 years, If we screw it up again questions will be asked of those complicit in allowing cdnl and WNC  to take the absolute pis5 out of Northampton's football club for a 2nd time.

The chronical need to stop saying the 23 acres are being given to the club when it's actually CDNL its going to, because if it were the later we'd expected a damned sight more than 10 boxes in a tiny rusting stand with the ground being hemmed in by warehouses and there car park.
So the accounts show what a mothballed water treading club without ambition looks like, nothing more.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2023, 07:50:32 am »

Our deliberately kept, archaic non league infrastructure and lack of inward investors is taking its toll on our abilities to trade as equals to the likes of Huddersfield 
Think before you post dopey.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11889881/American-consortium-agree-takeover-cash-strapped-Huddersfield-Town.html
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3571

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2023, 08:29:35 am »

Last account Peterborough lost over £1m and one of their directors took over £300k as a dividend payment.
Barnsley have just posted a loss of almost £8m
Watford -£21.7m
Oxford -£4m

Dont know about anyone else but I am beyond relieved we dont have the ability to trade as equals with them!! Thanks for pointing out the positives of our current position Luton Liar.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: