The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:31:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Doncaster Rovers(a) - Saturday 25 March 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doncaster Rovers(a) - Saturday 25 March 2023  (Read 7660 times)
northamptonnewbie

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Second year Anniversary Level 3 Search
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2023, 18:41:59 pm »

Was there yesterday, the atmosphere bar a terrible sounding drum was awful.

There support really was $hit expected a lot better
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2023, 22:34:29 pm »

We played a back 5 for the whole of the second half.

We got the goals with 4 at the back and some help from their keeper. Then we see out the game. Great.
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2023, 05:34:08 am »

Just back from Sporting Khalsa v Northampton Town Ladies.
A 2-1 win after coming from a goal down. Alex Dicks in particular, brilliant!

Seen Cobblers win twice in consecutive days...some stat for Marvo!  Wink
Marvo, another win without Hoskins scoring!
Report Spam   Logged
Arminder Shwami

View Profile
100 Posts One year Anniversary 50 Posts
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2023, 06:32:01 am »

Another solid all-round display. Mr Brady has certainly built a team and style that is low risk and doesn't make many mistakes. I think Doncaster underlined how important that is at this level because there wasn't much else in it on Saturday (it sounded like our fans very much enjoyed themselves at Mitchell's expense). It doesn't always make great viewing but the consistency has kept us up there. All those draws against lowly opposition are not looking quite so costly now. Can we maintain it for a few more weeks with the threadbare squad that remains? I am not quite so confident as some of you.

And it might be unfashionable to say this but, if you takes his finishing out of the equation, I thought Yengi did well. Perhaps some giraffes can play...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2023, 07:07:17 am »

Yes, great win and a great chance of going all the way. Not so long ago you were suggesting play offs were best we could hope for. So you reckon Yengi's a better option than DWP? No place for ponies on this forum.

i will go with the manager’s view rather than yours .
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2023, 07:36:22 am »

The monotone Yorkshire accent, the missed goals and his struggle to keep in focus, but it's a different view... Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3571

« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2023, 08:24:38 am »

Lots of empty seats in the home areas?
So are you suggesting that if you have a bigger stadium without offering up good football you just end up with more empty seats? Unbelievable.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2023, 12:20:21 pm »

The monotone Yorkshire accent, the missed goals and his struggle to keep in focus, but it's a different view... Smiley

I admire the dexterity with which he edits out the goals  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2023, 12:27:34 pm »

I admire the dexterity with which he edits out the goals  Grin
The same dexterity that all the king's horses displayed whilst trying to put an overgrown egg 🥚 together after it had fallen off a wall in Colchester...that dexterity?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2023, 13:00:02 pm »

I have to say, I think Brady and co are doing a phenomenal job at the moment. When it's a case of winning a game and then just fielding more or less the same 11 and getting the same result each week then it's an easy job.

When you are hammered with injuries, suspensions and international call ups, have to put out a different side every week and still keep getting results, that's difficult and that's exactly what Brady is doing.

I know some people are moaning about the lack of "bums off seats" stuff but bloody hell, give the man a break! I read the other day that we've been missing at least 6 players in every game since the turn of the year. And we're still somehow second!!!

He's working miracles, and long may it continue.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2023, 13:23:31 pm »

I read the other day that we've been missing at least 6 players in every game since the turn of the year.

This is very misleading and includes the likes of Maxted, Hylton, Harrop, Dyche, Tomlinson etc. which even with the injuries we have wouldn't of been in the squad at the weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3571

« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2023, 14:16:18 pm »

This is very misleading and includes the likes of Maxted, Hylton, Harrop, Dyche, Tomlinson etc. which even with the injuries we have wouldn't of been in the squad at the weekend.
I am fairly sure that Hylton, Harrop and Dyche would have all been in the squad on multiple occasions if not every week, and Maxted was in the squad at the weekend  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #152 on: March 27, 2023, 14:53:04 pm »

Go on try and praise J B once in your life and stop your anal nit picking!

The whole squad and management team are doing a phenomenal job in adverse circumstances.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #153 on: March 27, 2023, 15:12:23 pm »

I am fairly sure that Hylton, Harrop and Dyche would have all been in the squad on multiple occasions if not every week, and Maxted was in the squad at the weekend  Huh?
I am fairly sure that Maxted was in the squad, because of Kings international call up Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
guest3571

« Reply #154 on: March 27, 2023, 17:25:23 pm »

I am fairly sure that Maxted was in the squad, because of Kings international call up Huh?
Injured, international duty, having a kid... a player that is unavailable is unavailable. surely  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #155 on: March 27, 2023, 18:33:45 pm »

Dyche would certainly have been in the squad on Saturday and possibly in the starting 11, in fact JB said he would have been in the starting 11 against Crewe if he had not got injured against Mansfield.

We thought it was funny that after the players had finished celebrating our second goal and were making their way back up the pitch that McGowan made a beeline for Mitchell, who was standing on the 18 yard line, and as he passed him gave him a pat on the back.
Report Spam   Logged
Gaston

No one says no to Gaston!

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #156 on: April 01, 2023, 15:35:28 pm »

Why 5 at the back so early?

A fantastic result and looking forward to the run in.

Although the injury list is long, I can’t help think it’s a good thing in regard to defensive options. Never a fan of playing a back 5, the results and performances looked less convincing with a back 5. Due to the injuries Brady has had to revert to a back 4 and we look a lot more balanced, just like the first 20 league games. UTC
Report Spam   Logged

Hugs and Kisses xoxox
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #157 on: April 01, 2023, 16:04:41 pm »

Why 5 at the back so early?

It's actually about a week late!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print