The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 12:42:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

League 2 play-offs

Poll
Question: So who would you like to see at Sixfields again next season?
Bradford City - 6 (9.5%)
Carlisle - 43 (68.3%)
Salford - 1 (1.6%)
Stockport - 13 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League 2 play-offs  (Read 6343 times)
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« on: May 14, 2023, 10:22:36 am »

I guess we all have a preference.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2023, 11:06:25 am »

I guess we all have a preference.

Carlisle for me. Always a great weekend away with family up that end of the country.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 12:17:23 pm »

Carlisle. Most likely to finish below us.

Never forgiven Bradford for their fans throwing coins at us after the 25th anniversary of the fire, and Salford are horrendous.

Stockport would be okay but they’ve got the finances to compete, so prefer them to miss out too.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2023, 12:38:24 pm »

Never forgiven Bradford for their fans throwing coins at us after the 25th anniversary of the fire, and Salford are horrendous.

Stockport would be okay but they’ve got the finances to compete, so prefer them to miss out too.
Pretty much my thoughts on the matter as well.

Bradford certainly have more than their fair share of idiots. The aforementioned incident being one that sticks in my mind, then the utterly classless way they behaved in the lead up to, during, and after the game a couple of weeks ago.

Carlisle seem a decent bunch and have never had any problem with them, so I'm rooting for them.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 12:39:29 pm »

I think after last night, Stockport’s only hope will be if Wooton, Madden and Collar are fit enough to return. It pains me to say it but Salford are a decent team - very solid at the back with a couple of creative players up front.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 12:50:56 pm »

Agreed
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2023, 15:29:57 pm »

Carlisle. Not any of the others for the reasons stated above by other posters.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2023, 17:15:49 pm »

Anyone but Bradford ... let 'em fester where they are.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3587

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2023, 17:16:17 pm »

Not fussed really, slight preference for Bradford to lose out.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2023, 17:44:16 pm »

Come on Carlisle!!!

After their arrogance when they beat us, Bradford can wallow in the shadow of Wrexham next season....

That'll upset their "we used to be premier league" fans  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2023, 19:11:23 pm »

The Ref in this Bradford Carlisle match is such a homer.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2023, 20:28:07 pm »

How the feck did the utterly useless Edmundson miss that header?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 21:05:05 pm »

How the feck did the utterly useless Edmundson miss that header?

It just comes naturally to him Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2023, 21:10:17 pm »

I’m torn, a club with support the size of Bradford should never be in L2. On the other hand, given the percentage that are absolute tools, it should be compulsory that they are in the National League North where they can do less damage. It’s a real quandary?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 21:12:04 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2023, 21:22:30 pm »

A record fourth tier playoff semi-final crowd of 20,575 witnessed Bradfords narrow victory over Carlisle, compare that with the paltry 3,923 who attended Salford v Stockport, this after Stockport had been limited to just over 600 tickets for the game.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2023, 21:27:45 pm »

A record fourth tier playoff semi-final crowd of 20,575 witnessed Bradfords narrow victory over Carlisle, compare that with the paltry 3,923 who attended Salford v Stockport, this after Stockport had been limited to just over 600 tickets for the game.
I was going to suggest that if they get promoted we should give them the same match day allocation. But then I remembered they’ll only need about 3.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2023, 07:08:17 am »

Salfords capacity is 5100. National League North support at best.
I hope Stockport hammer them in the second leg.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2023, 07:32:00 am »

Salfords capacity is 5100. National League North support at best.
I hope Stockport hammer them in the second leg.
Nobody seems to harbour the same dislike for Fleetwood as Salford. Two teams with much larger neighbours, and thus a very small fanbase. Yet this rarely gets mentioned.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2023, 07:39:54 am »

The way some of the Bradford fans behaved up there that day was shameful. We'd gone there and been respectful, fully played our part in the day and they reacted like that at the end. I know it was a relatively small (but not insignificant) number and the majority of their fans were also disgusted but it left a bad taste in my mouth that has lingered ever since.

Add to that the moronic use of pyrotechnics this year and Mark Hughes being a complete twàt, both in terms of what he said after our penultimate game of the season and in general then I really want to see them fail.

Salford are a joke so it's between Carlisle and Stockport for me and I'm leaning towards Stockport. I certainly won't lose any sleep over which of them makes it though!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2023, 08:14:44 am »

Carlisle for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print