The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 08:56:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

League 2 play-offs

Poll
Question: So who would you like to see at Sixfields again next season?
Bradford City - 6 (9.5%)
Carlisle - 43 (68.3%)
Salford - 1 (1.6%)
Stockport - 13 (20.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: League 2 play-offs  (Read 6263 times)
Merry Comrade

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Topic Starter One year Anniversary
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2023, 09:22:33 am »

Stockport for me. Had a great day out there last season despite us losing. Very easy to get by car, bus or train.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2023, 09:36:19 am »

To be honest I'm not that bothered, isn't it lovely to watch the play-offs as an outsider without the worry?

If I had to choose it would be Carlisle, went there for the first time this season and wouldn't mind going back.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2023, 10:59:04 am »

Carlisle
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2023, 11:20:45 am »

Carlisle then Stockport.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2023, 11:37:53 am »

To be honest I'm not that bothered, isn't it lovely to watch the play-offs as an outsider without the worry?

If I had to choose it would be Carlisle, went there for the first time this season and wouldn't mind going back.
This in a nutshell, it’s so nice to watch the play offs knowing we are up.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 11:57:00 am »

Add to that the moronic use of pyrotechnics this year and Mark Hughes being a complete twąt, both in terms of what he said after our penultimate game of the season and in general then I really want to see them fail.

What happened to our own moron(s) who thought that throwing pyrotechnics was a good idea at Tranmere?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 15:08:48 pm »

None of the sides in those play-offs looked as capable as ourselves. Very League Two standard generally.
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2023, 15:26:36 pm »

The way some of the Bradford fans behaved up there that day was shameful. We'd gone there and been respectful, fully played our part in the day and they reacted like that at the end. I know it was a relatively small (but not insignificant) number and the majority of their fans were also disgusted but it left a bad taste in my mouth that has lingered ever since.

Add to that the moronic use of pyrotechnics this year and Mark Hughes being a complete twąt, both in terms of what he said after our penultimate game of the season and in general then I really want to see them fail.

Salford are a joke so it's between Carlisle and Stockport for me and I'm leaning towards Stockport. I certainly won't lose any sleep over which of them makes it though!

Exactly

Bradford.Our group of 6 purchased their memorabila on the 25th anniversary and then subjected to that abuse. A horrible club.
Report Spam   Logged
MCHammer

View Profile
Search 1000 Posts Apple User
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2023, 15:34:38 pm »

Carlilse for me.  Purely on the basis that I think they will be most beatable out of the four next season.

Assume Bradford, Stockport and Salford will try and push on again next season and financially are possibly in a position to do so.

Also didn't really like the arrogance of the other 3 during the season.  Bradford seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder.  Felt like Stockport and some of their fans thought they could buy league two promotion.  As for Salford...well what more needs to be said.  Pointless play thing of rich individuals who will eventually get bored and leave them unsustainable.

Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2023, 15:41:29 pm »

None of the sides in those play-offs looked as capable as ourselves. Very League Two standard generally.

I agree with this. I thought when it was still up in the air whether we would get automatic promotion or not that if we didn't we'd likely struggle in the play-offs. After seeing the first two legs I'd have to say we'd have progressed past all four of them, even with our injury hit squad.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2023, 19:27:20 pm »

Exactly

Bradford.Our group of 6 purchased their memorabila on the 25th anniversary and then subjected to that abuse. A horrible club.

Both posts are absolutely spot on. There was 3 figures worth of fans who came straight to our section that day, after we had behaved impeccably for the whole afternoon. Tossers.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2023, 19:35:17 pm »

Who voted for Salford?
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2023, 20:28:12 pm »

For the only reason I've not been there I want Stockport to win the playoffs
Report Spam   Logged
Tony Mahoney

View Profile
Level 3 Apple User 100 Posts
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2023, 07:28:39 am »

Carlisle. Always a great trip on the train if its on a Saturday and a much more pleasant place to visit than the others. I have also stood in the home end for one of our games at BP but I cant remember which one due to the long journey there. Wink

It also keeps more heavyweights in league two.
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2023, 07:39:23 am »

Both posts are absolutely spot on. There was 3 figures worth of fans who came straight to our section that day, after we had behaved impeccably for the whole afternoon. Tossers.

Steve Riches took close up photos of every single one with his fancy camera, sent them to the club and they appeared in the local paper. There were so many that it took two days to publish them. I seem to remember that most were identifed and the older ones got banning orders. The younger ones got summoned in with their parents for a good talking to and if they refused, the parents were banned aa well.

Crap that it happened, but the club dealt with it well and the vast majority of locals were equally disgusted. As we all know, there are wånkers everywhere.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2023, 08:07:50 am »

there are wånkers everywhere.

Just a lot more up north
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2023, 08:36:49 am »

Deffo not Bradford, rather see them relegated, or all the reasons above & their tw@t of a Manager.

Nor Salford , just another plastic club, but can see them as the most likely.

Carlisle are a decent Club & so are Stockport (despite their newly found £££).
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2023, 08:58:14 am »

Strange scheduling of the play off games, Championship played Saturday and Sunday and the second legs are tonight and tomorrow only a 3 day gap. Division 2 played last weekend and don't play the second legs until next weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2023, 09:16:58 am »

Just a lot more up north

Yes. Bingers should move back down south, even things up a bit.  Tongue Grin
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator