The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:20:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Open House Event - Questions.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Open House Event - Questions.  (Read 8652 times)
Tony Mahoney

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 3 Apple User 100 Posts
« on: May 30, 2023, 15:29:29 pm »

I would encourage anyone who is free and able to attend the informal meeting this coming June, we all hope for positive news after such a wonderful season.

We have an amazing club with supporters spread all over the world, this forum is a great help to some of us. With that maybe we can share some of the questions we would like to ask and maybe some of you could raise a question or two for us not so close to home and unable to visit.

The question I would ask is this. With more games than ever before being televised next season, would it not be best to move the TV gantry and main camera position to the East stand?  Even if it needs some temporary remedial work for this, it would show the club in a much better perspective and atmosphere for the watching public. SKY are putting more in, lets at least give the public a better view of us until we work out a solution for the East stand.

Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 15:36:40 pm »

The question I would ask is this. With more games than ever before being televised next season, would it not be best to move the TV gantry and main camera position to the East stand?  Even if it needs some temporary remedial work for this, it would show the club in a much better perspective and atmosphere for the watching public. SKY are putting more in, lets at least give the public a better view of us until we work out a solution for the East stand.

Thank you.

Great point & like you I do remain optimistic there will be a solution to the East Stand - I’m no television camera man expert but I think there may be a problem with cameras facing West afternoons and early evenings but definitely a question worth asking and I’m sure we are not talking an excessive cost here
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 16:44:42 pm »

Great point & like you I do remain optimistic there will be a solution to the East Stand - I’m no television camera man expert but I think there may be a problem with cameras facing West afternoons and early evenings but definitely a question worth asking and I’m sure we are not talking an excessive cost here
That question will have the same effect as piššing in the sea, none.
My question would be when are you going to fix the windows in the west stand? I have long given up on any other infrastructure being updated under the current owners.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 17:15:59 pm »

I would encourage anyone who is free and able to attend the informal meeting this coming June, we all hope for positive news after such a wonderful season.

We have an amazing club with supporters spread all over the world, this forum is a great help to some of us. With that maybe we can share some of the questions we would like to ask and maybe some of you could raise a question or two for us not so close to home and unable to visit.

Thank you.

The new TV deal takes effect from the 24/25 season so no rush!

You never know, we might get the judicial review outcome by then  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 19:41:10 pm »

Good suggestion but it did make me LOL 😂
As opposed to finishing the stand change the perspective. “Nothing to see here.”
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 05:50:18 am »

Quite a few grounds TV gantry face west, that shouldnt be a problem apart from the reluctance to spend any cash.
Luton have now been told to update their media facilities, and move their gantry to face west, (looks better on TV), although they do have a lot more dosh than us.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 07:18:53 am »

That question will have the same effect as piššing in the sea, none.
My question would be when are you going to fix the windows in the west stand? I have long given up on any other infrastructure being updated under the current owners.
Not strictly true, attracts sharks that does. You might get your leg chewed mate.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2023, 09:29:33 am »

Is there any chance that people could respect others questions, rather than jumping straight on them with your personal agendas. This is a good idea for a thread. Let's try not to fall into petty back biting. I don't want to delete things, but I will if it goes way off track. Once we have some questions, I will submit them to the club to be answered on the night.

Thanks 
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023, 13:10:39 pm »

Question 1

Will the new "big screen" be in place & working for the start of the new season?

Question 2

Will the new training block at Moulton (that was purchased last year) be ready for the players to use during this pre-season?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2023, 13:44:59 pm »

Will shaq finally attend a match this season and what was his reaction to the clubs promotion?
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2023, 15:42:59 pm »

Will shaq finally attend a match this season and what was his reaction to the clubs promotion?
Good call Shoey.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2023, 15:56:05 pm »

Have any offers come in for any players and what is the minimum price we would accept for Super Sam?

Has there been any progress in the agreeing terms with those offered new contracts?

Which of our current squad (as opposed to new signings) are unlikely to be able to start pre-season training with the others?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
guest3587

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2023, 16:03:23 pm »

What steps are being taken to mitigate the horrendous injury list last season?
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2023, 10:29:10 am »

What happens if the judicial review decision goes in favour of Cilldara?

Would you appeal? (if there is an option to do so)

If not, what next?

Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2023, 13:18:31 pm »

What happens if the judicial review decision goes in favour of Cilldara?

Would you appeal? (if there is an option to do so)

If not, what next?

It’s not really anything to do with the club - the JR is to decide on the council’s process for making the decision- if it goes against them an appeal is extremely unlikely (yet more costs) so the bidding would simply open again with all parties knowing a bid north of £3 million will be needed
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2023, 14:56:02 pm »

It’s not really anything to do with the club - the JR is to decide on the council’s process for making the decision- if it goes against them an appeal is extremely unlikely (yet more costs) so the bidding would simply open again with all parties knowing a bid north of £3 million will be needed
This is exactly the situation I posted on here a year or so back voicing my concerns.
There is no need to worry though as a councillor posted on the site and cleared the situation up for everyone ….
Report Spam   Logged
UTC

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2023, 15:43:24 pm »

will anyone dare to ask, "when will the East stand be finished?"
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2023, 08:30:37 am »

Now it is a matter of record that you are our most successful board ever, is it a source of frustration that a small minority of supporters continue to seek to undermine the success that you and your colleagues at the club have delivered on many many levels?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 08:35:39 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2023, 12:20:56 pm »

Copied and paste on behalf of Beds

I'm currently on holiday but I'll get my questions (aka major concerns ) over to the head of meeting for them to answer.
Just in advance,  My questioning be as follows..

For 23 acres, 10 boxes fitted into will a tiny rusting stand gives very little future benefits having been made wait an astonishing 7 years and counting, should it ever see the light of day while CDNL are fighting to take control of 23 acres .
So my question is why is everyone so fixated with a finished East stand that is an easy fix to get it to an acceptable standard while ignoring the massive elephant in the room, which is the woefully small capacity at Sixfields.
Again we go into a L1 season destined to lose many 100s of 1000s in revenues when a bank of safe terracing would not only pay for itself in a very short time, but would also add some professional out look to the horribly non league looking Sixfields,  which in turn would attract many more supporters both home and visiting.
23 acres in an extreme prime location would yield £20,000,000 if sold to those building the on line shopping warehousing that's popping up all over the place.
To finish the East stand and build a bank of terracing to house 3000 would cost £4,000.000, surely the loss of carparks and the running track,  its the very least Northampton and its football club should expect.

It seems the owners and some leaders of  WNC cllrs Nunn and Patel are ignoring the urgent needs of our football club and  showing complete ignorance in our football club, believing NTFC are not worthy of any redevelopment but are happy to remove vast sections of Sixfields footprint while hemming in the East Stand with warehousing car and lorry parks, without a mention of the urgent Sixfields capacity increase that without is virtually crippling our clubs ability to trade correctly and growing as a club like ours should.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2023, 12:29:27 pm »

What does the club expect to increase its sales (turnover) by as a result of promotion? Roughly speaking, how will that money be spent? (eg, increased wage budget for players, improved training facilities etc)

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: