The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:17:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Steve Guinan

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Guinan  (Read 14040 times)
4everdelayed

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2010, 13:20:59 pm »

Stick em at the front of the North every week and he might become a goal machine.
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2010, 16:06:47 pm »

Not taking anything away from guinans performance yesterday but he did say in his interview afterwards that his family(kids were there) to spur him on. May have been a factor?

Didnt go yesterday but thought Guinana was being a bit of a c*ck in the interview,,, had a dig at Sammo, Leon and his teams mates.
Happy to hear him use the words "im still trying to get away" .... and he will look at it in January
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2010, 18:27:26 pm »

I guess they were the little uns he went to celebrate with

They indeed were, I sat right behind them and a blond who I presume was his wife. Very tasty.
Report Spam   Logged
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 08, 2010, 09:22:51 am »

Hmm, I'm undecided about him on Saturday.  Thought he worked hard but then backed out of quite a few 500-50 headers not through bottling it but through lack of desire to win the ball. 

Well taken goal, even better taken miss at the end.

I struggle to get behind a player who makes it clear that he doesn't want to be here and thinks that everyone connected with the club is beneath him.  At least make it work whilst you're here.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #164 on: November 08, 2010, 19:24:19 pm »

Didnt go yesterday but thought Guinana was being a bit of a c*ck in the interview,,, had a dig at Sammo, Leon and his teams mates.
Happy to hear him use the words "im still trying to get away" .... and he will look at it in January

Guinan suggested that he has had offers in the last week. He has a good contract here so other teams cant/wont match it. Also he requested clear the air talks within the squad....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/n/northampton_town/9168239.stm

Report Spam   Logged
WFCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 08, 2010, 21:31:58 pm »

A seasoned vet says in Chron "ups his game as his family there". can't beleive I read that.

Will Stuart Gray find him a job - he thinks he's worth top dollar and he's draining us.

Shame, I was excited at signing, Is it injury issues?
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2010, 21:47:29 pm »

I struggle to get behind a player who makes it clear that he doesn't want to be here and thinks that everyone connected with the club is beneath him.  At least make it work whilst you're here.

I think that's exactly what he is doing. The club transfer listed him, so you can't blame him for not wanting to be at a place that doesn't want him.
Sammo should have taken him off the list and waited until January. If he doesn't think he's good enough for the club then why is he playing him?
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2010, 21:53:07 pm »

Today's Chron suggests that Saturday might well have been Guinan's last game for us.
Report Spam   Logged

Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #168 on: November 10, 2010, 03:06:40 am »

After hearing that interview seems like he's eager to twat off..He talks very fast too..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
TbananaG

« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2010, 03:31:11 am »

Hmm, I'm undecided about him on Saturday.  Thought he worked hard but then backed out of quite a few 500-50 headers not through bottling it but through lack of desire to win the ball. 

I think what Guinan does time after time on headers is come too far towards the ball then can't quite reach it on the jump. Each time, it looks like a slight mis-judgement, but when it happens ten times each game then I reckon that's bottling it. Quite clever, very cynical, and bottling it!
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #170 on: November 10, 2010, 08:12:15 am »

I also noticed at Forest Green instead of controlling the ball he tries to get rid of it by kicking it as hard as he can. He did it in the first half, and if it wasn't for that net thing I don't know how far it would have gone. He tried it again in the second half, but luckily the Forest Green defender was wise to his little tricks.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2010, 08:33:58 am »

I also noticed at Forest Green instead of controlling the ball he tries to get rid of it by kicking it as hard as he can. He did it in the first half, and if it wasn't for that net thing I don't know how far it would have gone. He tried it again in the second half, but luckily the Forest Green defender was wise to his little tricks.

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
TbananaG

« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2010, 10:08:13 am »

I also noticed at Forest Green instead of controlling the ball he tries to get rid of it by kicking it as hard as he can. He did it in the first half, and if it wasn't for that net thing I don't know how far it would have gone.

Yes, done that a lot for us hasn't he - you've done really well to notice it!
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 26, 2010, 16:14:25 pm »

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 26, 2010, 16:19:42 pm »

Thank Funk for that

http://www.ntfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10425~2230186,00.html

Shall we start a whip round for his taxi fare just to make sure he goes  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
EastNpton

« Reply #175 on: November 26, 2010, 16:27:05 pm »

Show a bit of humility ffs

Best of luck Steve
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #176 on: November 26, 2010, 16:27:19 pm »

Good luck Steve. You didn't actually do anything wrong other than not being good enough for the last 6 months. No-one can question whether or not the effort was there. Some of the goals you scored last season were superb and you played a big part in that incredible night at Anfield. Hopefully those are the things people will remember, rather than some of the poor displays this season. All the best.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 16:31:44 pm by NTFC Nut » Report Spam   Logged

Jamesyboy

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 26, 2010, 16:27:32 pm »

thank god for that  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 26, 2010, 16:29:09 pm »

Show a bit of humility ffs

Best of luck Steve

Thanks Steve for being pi** poor and contributing to the woeful start to the season,.

P.S I hope you score a hatrick tomorrow against the Dims.
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2010, 16:29:32 pm »

Good luck Steve
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: