The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:26:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Steve Guinan

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Guinan  (Read 14041 times)
4everdelayed

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2010, 11:33:02 am »

If we don't want him and he wants to join Hereford, surely they can just terminate the contraact so everybody is happy. The club can't honestly think we'll get any money for Guinan can they??

We'd have to pay off the rest of his contract though, right? Unless he agrees to terminate it for nothing.
Report Spam   Logged
Erith_Cobbler

« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2010, 11:42:12 am »

We'd have to pay off the rest of his contract though, right? Unless he agrees to terminate it for nothing.

If Guinan wanted to join Hereford (manager or coach) then we could mutually terminate his contract meaning he leaves the club for nothing and we stop paying him.
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2010, 12:10:38 pm »

I very much doubt it will be about Guinan because Jamie Pitman has been confirmed as being in the caretaker role until at least next weekend. 

http://www.herefordtimes.com/sport/8444701.Pitman_to_remain_in_charge_for_Hereford_s_trip_to_Northampton/

Another article has Martin Fioyle as odds on favourite for the job. 
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2010, 12:28:02 pm »

This has just been tweeted by Jefferson Lake

"@JeffersonLake MASSIVE #ntfc transfer story coming in tomorrow's @Chronandecho. It involves a striker and CASH"

Could this be the news were all waiting for?

I think it is news that the supporters are going to be invited to put aside part of their hard earned wages each week until the transfer window and then the club get to use it to buy a new striker in January.  A Christmas club type arrangement.  Still excited?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Marvo

« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2010, 14:14:44 pm »

It involves a striker and CASH"

Is it Bob Crow singing a boy named Sue?
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2010, 15:07:23 pm »

Is it Bob Crow singing a boy named Sue?

Who?Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2010, 15:10:01 pm »

This has just been tweeted by Jefferson Lake

"@JeffersonLake MASSIVE #ntfc transfer story coming in tomorrow's @Chronandecho. It involves a striker and CASH"

Well Jefferson Lake has said it's not about Guinan but he has said that their has been new interest in him this week and not from Hereford
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
guest48

« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2010, 21:01:17 pm »

We would really miss Guinan , who would give Kevin Thornton a lift from Coventry each morning  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2010, 21:37:14 pm »

We would really miss Guinan , who would give Kevin Thornton a lift from Coventry each morning  Grin

Marcus Hall - NTFC Taxi Driver?
Report Spam   Logged
PineWoody

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2010, 10:31:31 am »

Maybe thats why we brought Slowe in after-all, to be the club driver?
Report Spam   Logged

GTA Champion - Season 09/10
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2010, 11:48:09 am »

Maybe thats why we brought Slowe in after-all, to be the club driver?

When they asked him to do shuttle runs he got confused and started running up and down the touchline. Didn't look outide to see the minibus.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2010, 16:41:28 pm »

He guy is contracted to the end of the season, next June I believe. So around 8 months.

If I was in charge of the club I would get him in my office tomorrow and thrash out a compromise. Circa 4 months pay and he fcuks off. He is a terrible terrible player and adds nothing positive. His effort level yesterday was a disgrace, he is now producing the same performances as James Quinn did. It makes no sense for him to stay until the end of the season, and lets face it no other club is going to take him off our hands in the meantime.
Report Spam   Logged
dave

View Profile
Apple User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2010, 16:45:53 pm »

i thought he played well yesterday but who could blame him for not bothering when some of our "fans" sing that they pay him to go to hereford or that they will drive him there.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2010, 16:47:56 pm »

Well I would go as far as to say that his arrival on the pitch was a contributary factor in the 4 goal debacle.
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2010, 16:49:27 pm »

yeah he's to blame for our team falling apart. DAMN THAT GUINAN!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2010, 16:51:01 pm »

i thought he played well yesterday but who could blame him for not bothering when some of our "fans" sing that they pay him to go to hereford or that they will drive him there.  Roll Eyes

You thought he played well? !! He's a useless effortless mercenary who I never ever want to see where our shirt again. Sorry mate but your expectations are clearly a lot lower than mine!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ted

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2010, 16:52:56 pm »

Jonah Guinan
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 17, 2010, 16:53:22 pm »

I would say that him coming on for a player that had scored a hatrick was a major contributory factor.

We are a quarter of the way through the season and his sole positive contribution so far is the scoring of a single penalty kick at Bury. Im not being funny mate but I could/would have contributed more. I mean, NO BODY could have done any bloody worse!
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 17, 2010, 17:06:57 pm »

I would say that him coming on for a player that had scored a hatrick was a major contributory factor.

We are a quarter of the way through the season and his sole positive contribution so far is the scoring of a single penalty kick at Bury. Im not being funny mate but I could/would have contributed more. I mean, NO BODY could have done any bloody worse!

Edit: just realised you're criticising his performance this season, not yesterday. Fair play, no arguments there.
Report Spam   Logged
EastNpton

« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2010, 17:50:58 pm »

I think him applying for the Hereford job is an admission that his position at Northampton is not working. He shouldn't have appeared against a club that he intends to manage thats for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: