The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 06:58:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Steve Guinan

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Guinan  (Read 14249 times)
ArmchairCobbler81

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2010, 23:08:18 pm »

It's good news for us, but hopefully too it's good news for Guinan. At that level he could start to score goals again and he'll feel a whole lot better about life. His body language here was very much that of a man depressed in his work.

All because of a minority of mindless numpties booing our own players. I can't stand seeing the ignorant sheep booing our own players. Makes me sick!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 23:15:48 pm by ArmchairCobbler81 » Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2010, 23:32:04 pm »

Nut job, comical... you never fail to surprise me with you ever tedious attempt of trying to dress something up just for the sake of it, you know sometimes just the true reality of the situation will do.

Having just read back through that post it is a bit cringey, you're right. Cheesy But I still stand by the general sentiment of it. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

RussNTFC

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2010, 00:02:43 am »

Personally I was convinced Guinan would do well for us when he first signed, but since his hernia operation he's really struggled.

The conference is his standard now, best of luck to him.

Hopefully if FGR can afford his wages, then they're welcome to keep him!

Report Spam   Logged

I moan because I care!
1 for the team

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 4
« Reply #203 on: November 27, 2010, 07:41:09 am »

good luck steve & Hinton who will be next Huh???
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #204 on: November 27, 2010, 08:23:32 am »

A real decent bloke. But not for us thanks...

I think that sums it up nicely ............ a move away is probably best for everyone !
Report Spam   Logged
MK_Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 27, 2010, 08:27:58 am »

I dunno, I liked the whole taunting the Kop thing, and that little dance thing in front of our fans after the game that the whole squad did, that he started off. Whether you like it or not, he was one of 14 Northampton Town players who achieved something quite extraordinary that night. His name will forever be associated with this club's folklore because of that night, just like the Wembley team(s), Carr's title-winning side, etc. And regardless of how useless he may or may not have been, that puts him on a higher rung of the ladder in terms of contribution to this club than any of the half-decent players who have passed through NTFC over the years without making an impact. So good luck Stevie. And thanks.
Clutching at straws?  Grin

Next you'll be saying he will always be remembered for playing under a 'cobblers legend' or even giving Thornton a lift to training....

Fact is he was absolutely s***e and put in about as much effort as James Quinn!
Report Spam   Logged
DL2

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 27, 2010, 08:38:37 am »

Show a bit of humility ffs

Why?  Bye  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
moultonman

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2010, 09:48:40 am »

Good luck to Steve at Forest Green.I am sure he will get goals at that level as since his hernia op last season he has never regained the sharpness that a forward needs.I  for one never questioned his effort and found the booing of him and some of the childish comments made pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged
telboy

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 4
« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2010, 13:08:48 pm »

f***, who are going to blame now when we lose?
GILLIGAN  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2010, 14:03:11 pm »

Good luck to Steve at Forest Green.I am sure he will get goals at that level as since his hernia op last season he has never regained the sharpness that a forward needs.I  for one never questioned his effort and found the booing of him and some of the childish comments made pathetic.
Agreed.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #210 on: November 27, 2010, 15:54:46 pm »

I wouldnt say childish , booing him was well out of order but he was really as s*** as people said he was.
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #211 on: November 28, 2010, 10:21:39 am »

s*** player, didnt give a s*** when he played, quite happy to sit on an OTT contract that the idiot gray offered him and piss everyone off - fans and players alike.

never met him, so dont know if he is a nice bloke or not - even if he is, as a player for us he was a waste of time, so i am now glad he has gone and dont give a s*** if he does well for anyone else or not.

waste of time and money - glad the misery has ended.

Report Spam   Logged
irishman7_uk

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #212 on: November 28, 2010, 10:42:38 am »

Of course he was happy to sit on a healthy contract which he knew he would not get elsewhere.  What was he supposed to say when signing?  Mr Gray could I just have a one year contract and less money as im not worth the wage and my legs have gone.

At this level players are not all earning huge amounts so he has look out for himself which means only leaving if it suits - money, location, family etc.

Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Mobile User Search Combination
« Reply #213 on: November 28, 2010, 12:48:52 pm »

Good luck Steve...........off on another leg of the journey-mans travels
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #214 on: November 28, 2010, 12:59:23 pm »

Total waste of space, good riddance. Glad that he can have his 'clear the air' meetings somewhere else. Lazy useless 'so and so!
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #215 on: November 28, 2010, 15:01:46 pm »

sh*t player, didnt give a sh*t when he played, quite happy to sit on an OTT contract that the idiot gray offered him and piss everyone off - fans and players alike.

never met him, so dont know if he is a nice bloke or not - even if he is, as a player for us he was a waste of time, so i am now glad he has gone and dont give a sh*t if he does well for anyone else or not.

waste of time and money - glad the misery has ended.

God , I hate these people who sit on the fence , never saying what they really think.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
abington_cobbler

« Reply #216 on: November 28, 2010, 15:13:32 pm »

God , I hate these people who sit on the fence , never saying what they really think.  Grin

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
supajama

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2010, 16:46:35 pm »

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_6557410,00.html?

Guinan ready for dual role
Forest Green Rovers striker Steve Guinan, who only joined the club on loan from Northampton at the end of November, has joined Hartpury College as their new junior football academy manager.

The 34-year-old will combine playing with coaching when his new role starts in January and could sign for Rovers until the end of the season after the Cobblers gave him the green light to look for a new permanent home.

He told BBC Radio Gloucestershire: "I'll be running three teams. I'll be taking care of a technical programme for the under-19s - they're pretty much like full-time academy players. It's not an easy job, it's highly pressured, they're expected to win trophies - they're like the Manchester United of the college scene!

"I didn't want to give up playing, I think I've still got a lot to offer. I don't want to be travelling hundreds of miles so it seemed the logical solution to go to Forest Green Rovers."

Thats right Steve, we don't want you travelling hundreds of miles either so best you stay there..... Wink
Report Spam   Logged
ArmchairCobbler81

« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2010, 20:36:50 pm »

http://www.bluesqfootball.com/story/0,20970,13040_6557410,00.html?

Guinan ready for dual role
Forest Green Rovers striker Steve Guinan, who only joined the club on loan from Northampton at the end of November, has joined Hartpury College as their new junior football academy manager.

The 34-year-old will combine playing with coaching when his new role starts in January and could sign for Rovers until the end of the season after the Cobblers gave him the green light to look for a new permanent home.

He told BBC Radio Gloucestershire: "I'll be running three teams. I'll be taking care of a technical programme for the under-19s - they're pretty much like full-time academy players. It's not an easy job, it's highly pressured, they're expected to win trophies - they're like the Manchester United of the college scene!

"I didn't want to give up playing, I think I've still got a lot to offer. I don't want to be travelling hundreds of miles so it seemed the logical solution to go to Forest Green Rovers."

Thats right Steve, we don't want you travelling hundreds of miles either so best you stay there..... Wink

Grin Grin

Comedy Guinan - Think we've just identified the Clarence the Dragon Twitterer!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2010, 14:18:04 pm »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/forest_green_rovers/9254910.stm

Steve "two jobs" Guinan then!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: