The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 12:56:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

We Love Sammo!

Poll
Question: Your the Chairman....how long do you give Sammo?
Sacked Now - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Ipswich - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Gillingham - 22 (34.4%)
Give him the next few weeks - 11 (17.2%)
Re-evaluate after Christmas or later than that - 15 (23.4%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Love Sammo!  (Read 56761 times)
Forest

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2010, 07:52:27 am »

This is just stupid, Give him some time at least to christmas,
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2010, 12:03:45 pm »

This is just stupid, Give him some time at least to christmas,

Stupid is as stupid does.

How on earth can you put a timescale on these sort of things? If we lose heavily to Hereford on Saturday and the team showed little spirit or fight then Sampsons position would surely be in doubt. If our current form continues until Christmas we'd be f***ed, there has to be an improvement long before then. You have to judge things day to day, game by game. I think almost everybody would like to see Sammo make a success of this job but wanting something and actually getting something are two completely different things. We've won twop games out of eleven, are you seriously suggesting we leave it until Christmas if that record was to become 2 games out of 21? Don't be so bloody daft!
Report Spam   Logged
Forest

« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2010, 12:23:47 pm »

how can you assume we are going to loose the next ten before christmas,
we played well agaist chesterfield and were unlucky yes we had a bad result and performace agaist maccesfield but we were well on top at cheltenham, before and upto half time with ten men,
you have to give a manager time, otehrwise if you go through a bad patch like we are (2 wins in 11) clubs will be sacking managers every few months,
You got to give managers half a season 23 games, then see where we are then
WE ARE 7 POINTS OFF PLAY OFFS theres 35 games left!
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2010, 12:28:24 pm »

we played well agaist chesterfield and were unlucky yes we had a bad result and performace agaist maccesfield but we were well on top at cheltenham, before and upto half time with ten men,
you have to give a manager time, otehrwise if you go through a bad patch like we are (2 wins in 11) clubs will be sacking managers every few months,

Sammo Out !!
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #204 on: October 13, 2010, 12:35:55 pm »

I'm not assuming anything, you're the one saying we should wait until Christmas WHATEVER the results are in the meantime. I was just showing how stupid that remark is.

As for your last sentence, we were in the same position last year and went on a long winning run but still couldn't make up the difference. I think it highly unlikely we'll reproduce that sort of run this time round but hey, fingers crossed.
Report Spam   Logged
Forest

« Reply #205 on: October 13, 2010, 12:45:16 pm »

I aint saying he should be given time to christmas end of story,
But people calling for his head after we loose three in a row just frustrates me,
I agree what you are saying marvo but he should be given some time to turn it around,
If we loose the next 3, action may be taken.
But he has had 11 games out of 46.
there is no reason why we cant loose 2 in the next 11 be around the play offs and then everyone will be praising him again!
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #206 on: October 13, 2010, 12:52:27 pm »

I aint saying he should be given time to christmas end of story,
But people calling for his head after we loose three in a row just frustrates me,

and I'll ask once again, just WHO is calling for his head?
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #207 on: October 13, 2010, 13:23:18 pm »

sammo out
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #208 on: October 13, 2010, 14:42:36 pm »

The whole situation is in Sammo's control.
He has assembled a good footballing defence and midfield. What he has not done is obtain a front two who are good enough for this division. DC has provided the funds to obtain the strikers, so I assume it is Sammo who has not been able to persuade the required players to sign. He has been very unlucky in the injury to Purcell, but 6 weeks ago it was obvious we required a second quality forward (McKenzie is only a replacement for Purcell...probably). Besides getting the players to play, a major part of his job is obtaining new players to improve the squad. Something managers like Graham Carr and Dave Bowen were excellent at and a major part of their success.
Over to you Sammo, DC has supplied the tools.
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 13, 2010, 14:57:46 pm »

DC has supplied the tools.

Has he?
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2010, 15:26:48 pm »

That was funny, County Cobblers says "DC has supplied the tools" and straight away Ralap turns up.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
County Cobbler

« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2010, 15:34:43 pm »

Relap-YES.
Have you not noticed that funds from Liverpool and Ipswich have been promised to Sammo instead of previous windfalls being swallowed up in the club.
You must pay attention!
Life is more fun being optimistic instead of a manic depressive.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2010, 15:46:43 pm »

Relap-YES.
Have you not noticed that funds from Liverpool and Ipswich have been promised to Sammo instead of previous windfalls being swallowed up in the club.
You must pay attention!
Life is more fun being optimistic instead of a manic depressive.

I always understood a manic depressive to be someone who swings from being wildly optimistic to wildly pessimistic. Remind you of anyone, County?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 13, 2010, 16:11:05 pm »

That was funny, County Cobblers says "DC has supplied the tools" and straight away Ralap turns up.  Grin

Grin Pure coincidence mate. I have been having a right laugh at the s***e being written on here over the last few weeks by the Bi-polar lobby.

County Cobbler, Mr Cardoza has made many promises in his time at the club and we are still waiting to see the majority of them come to fruition. I prefer to wait patiently, seeing is believing with anything involving Mr Cardoza as far as I am concerned.

You obviously don't know me at all CC so I better inform you that I am still optimistic (not blindly like some) about things at the club currently. I whole heartedly go along with the McHammer view on things. We should be patient and give Sammo as much time as he needs, he is still learning the job and so is making mistakes along the way but I believe in him and the squad of players he is putting together. Liverpool was a night never to be forgotten, the football they played up there and in subsequent games until Chesterfield scored their first was some of the best I have seen in my 45 years watching the club. Why would I be pessimistic? I was pleased to hear Mr Cardoza giving his support to Sammo during the Zola thing, I don't think he does it enough and I certainly don't think he has supported him enough financially. Hopefully he will soon and I will thank him for it. We have known for months that we needed more options up front, that should have been his top concern. I look forward to the new players coming in.

If those are the words of a manic depressive...
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #214 on: October 13, 2010, 17:07:26 pm »

Relap-YES.

Really? 

I sense some backtracking on DC's part (and it does sort of create some doubt about just how far he is prepared to go to defend Sammo):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/northampton_town/9083627.stm

It's a pretty insipid statement, and nowhere have I heard him "promise" funds from Liverpool and Ipswich to Sammo.  I could have sworn I heard him on the telly this week saying that he hadn't made as much as he thought we would out of the Liverpool game (though didn't mention the additional Southend ticket sales). 

Report Spam   Logged
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 13, 2010, 17:13:09 pm »

Finally a view i can agree with.The season is a marathon not a sprint.Patience is needed by all
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #216 on: October 13, 2010, 17:34:17 pm »

Finally a view i can agree with.The season is a marathon not a sprint.Patience is needed by all

Ecoutez et repetez!

I am more than happy to see Sammo judged at the end of the season.  Others, I sense, are going to be less forgiving!
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 13, 2010, 18:03:18 pm »

If Mr Cardoza was to get rid of Sammo before the end of the season can you imagine the pathetic budget the next victim will have next season?

I don't think we will be relegated and I wouldn't be too unhappy with another mid-table finish as long as Sammo is allowed to continue his work in the same manner and hopefully with a bigger budget. I am excited by the young talented players at the club, that's most of them, and I hope the club carry on bringing through talented youngsters and support them with a good standard of experienced players keen to play a passing game on the ground.

Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #218 on: October 13, 2010, 19:03:12 pm »

Exactly ! I would echo the sentiments of many that patience is needed
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #219 on: October 13, 2010, 19:09:51 pm »

I think Saturday is huge. If we were to lose, there would unquestionably be massive pressure on Sammo and DC, and the fans will definitely start to turn vocal. We've got some tough games to come, Oxford away, Gillingham won't be easy despite their dire away record, and Port Vale on the horizon. The slide has got to be halted soon otherwise it could become a very difficult one to arrest.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: