The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 06:38:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

We Love Sammo!

Poll
Question: Your the Chairman....how long do you give Sammo?
Sacked Now - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Ipswich - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Gillingham - 22 (34.4%)
Give him the next few weeks - 11 (17.2%)
Re-evaluate after Christmas or later than that - 15 (23.4%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Love Sammo!  (Read 55608 times)
Trotty

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #280 on: October 17, 2010, 10:07:10 am »

Why do you let stuff bother you when you have no say on the outcome.

Grin  Grin  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #281 on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:19 am »

wow. just wow. It'll be Michael Jacobs

Some of you lot naming managers that have been heard of outside of their own families! you jokers! They would cost more than £300 a week
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #282 on: October 17, 2010, 10:42:45 am »

I think Tim Oglethorpe would ask questions in a certain way that would get a true reaction.
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 17, 2010, 11:00:07 am »

Dont get Edinburgh. We need someone who's an actual proven manager. The only manager that has resembled that inthe DC era is Gorman, and he came at a really bad time
Report Spam   Logged
Power Football

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2010, 11:11:49 am »

Wasn't too impressed with Sammo on the radio yesterday, should have apologised to the fans but didn't, also the whole part about the players doing the exact opposite of what he said at half time won't have gone down too well.

If he hasn't already lost the dressing room, these sort of comments could very well lead to that being the case and once that happens the manager has to go i'm afraid....
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2010, 11:25:29 am »

Dont get Edinburgh. We need someone who's an actual proven manager. The only manager that has resembled that inthe DC era is Gorman

Edinburgh took the Dims to the play-offs last year and is currently sitting pretty in joint fourth having won four out of the last five games, despite not having great resources. I don't know about you, but that's enough proof for me that he knows how to manage a football team. There isn't a huge difference between League Two and the conference as the likes of Dagenham proved last season.

As for Gorman, that was one of the worst appointments of all IMO. The man was quite clearly not in a fit emotional state to manage a football team. Also whilst he may have had a proven track record as an assistant, aside from half a season at Wycombe before their capitulation, he was never all that as a manager.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:47:59 am by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2010, 12:47:53 pm »

Wasn't too impressed with Sammo on the radio yesterday, should have apologised to the fans but didn't, also the whole part about the players doing the exact opposite of what he said at half time won't have gone down too well.

I'm not sure what was said at half time. It was obvious we was leaving ourselves so stretched at 3-0 and 3-1. Not once did I see from my position behind the home bench any instruction not to leave themselves so open.

The same thing with Parker. Sammo said he was substituted for losing his shape. Not once did I see Sammo or Crosby trying to get an instruction to him.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2010, 16:10:15 pm »

When you criticise players in public, which Sammo did, you lose respect of ALL your players, not just those you criticise. I don't think the players respect him and for any manager, that's the end of the road.
Report Spam   Logged
supajama

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 17, 2010, 20:00:06 pm »

Shame Steve Tilson took the Lincoln job as he would have been perfect. I'd go for a hungry non league manager who can get in decent players on the cheap. He will also know all about the non league should we drop into it!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2010, 20:35:06 pm »

How about poaching Guinan from under Hereford's noses - that would really be revenge.

Or would it?

Seriously though I bet Sean Parrish would get it.  Promote from within and cheap.  Could you see that mindset happening.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2010, 20:35:23 pm »

I wonder if Paul Ince would want to start at the bottom rung of the ladder again Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2010, 21:17:37 pm »

We would not be in the mess we are now in if Cooper had taken charge. Well I suppose technically we could be bottom or 2nd from bottom, but somehow I doubt we would be.

Back to this thread, my choice would now be the current manager of the Village Idiots.
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2010, 21:33:09 pm »

Be realistic folks, there's only one candidate in DC's eyes.
Crosby.
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2010, 21:45:23 pm »

We would not be in the mess we are now in if Cooper had taken charge. Well I suppose technically we could be bottom or 2nd from bottom, but somehow I doubt we would be.

Back to this thread, my choice would now be the current manager of the Village Idiots.

Yep me too
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2010, 22:26:32 pm »

Another cheap option .................

that'll be bl88dy expensive in the long run.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Enya_NTFC

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 5
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2010, 22:35:11 pm »

Another cheap option .................

that'll be bl88dy expensive in the long run.

I was thinking that...like with Sammo...not really the cheap option was he? Or at least he won't be...
Report Spam   Logged

PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2010, 23:57:58 pm »

we could just stay with sammo.
show the legend some respect, and watch him turn things around?
what da think?
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #297 on: October 18, 2010, 03:41:47 am »

I don't care if he is god, he isn't up to the job. I love him as a club legend as much as everyone, but he isn't a good manager.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #298 on: October 18, 2010, 08:15:56 am »

I think the icing on the cake was when Sammo slammed the ball down on the floor. A totally pathetic thing to do which obviously shows he cares but if he can't keep his composure how're his team going to? Any idiot can show passion, very few can manage.

.................and if he didn't, there would be those saying that he just stands there doing nothing and doesn't care..                        ..it is a fine line... Wink

We will not go down, keep him and let Sammo learn and gain his experience this season, (which is how you gain experience in this game, chicken and egg syndrome).  Some new managers are lucky and jump straight into a winning stream but are found out when the going gets tough.  Sammo is getting a good grounding and experience at the hard end, what for next season?Huh?

We will win the league at a canter ........................ Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Positively Mad Mark

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 18, 2010, 08:52:05 am »

Perhaps it was recorded at half time. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: