The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:50:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

We Love Sammo!

Poll
Question: Your the Chairman....how long do you give Sammo?
Sacked Now - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Ipswich - 8 (12.5%)
Wait until after Gillingham - 22 (34.4%)
Give him the next few weeks - 11 (17.2%)
Re-evaluate after Christmas or later than that - 15 (23.4%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 75   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: We Love Sammo!  (Read 55542 times)
Tom

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Apple User
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2010, 13:49:05 pm »

Sampson thinks were moving in the right direction, for that statement alone he should f*** off.

The guys given alot to this club, want him here or not show some respect.
Report Spam   Logged

ntfc_alex

Andy Holt is a god

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2010, 14:45:44 pm »

No
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2010, 15:03:33 pm »

Sammo  would need to be sacked before we were relegated in order to find someone capable of keeping us up......if we think of getting out of this division as being tough...try the Blue Square prem, with a plethora of ex- league sides stuck in it!
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2010, 15:03:51 pm »

But it isn't.... This is Sammo...........

As far as I'm concerned he gets as long as he likes.

If we go down it's DC's fault........... Simple. Same as it was DC's fault we went down from league one...
It will be Sampsons fault if we go down because he is the manager & as the manager he signs the players,picks the team & tells them how to play so the buck stops with him,just because he is an ex Cobbler who is allso a legend do,snt mean he should escape any flack that may come his way
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2010, 15:06:39 pm »

Sammo  would need to be sacked before we were relegated in order to find someone capable of keeping us up......if we think of getting out of this division as being tough...try the Blue Square prem, with a plethora of ex- league sides stuck in it!

I take it that's a "NO"?!
Report Spam   Logged
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2010, 15:10:00 pm »

To be honest, if we go down we won't come straight back up regardless of who's in charge. I can't think of many sides that have done that at all. We'd be gearing up for a good few seasons down there. So no, I wouldn't want Sammo in charge next season if he was to take us down, but whoever would come in would have an extremely tough job ahead of them (that's not even taking into account DC's budget cuts etc.).
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2010, 15:12:14 pm »

Here's a hypothetical question for you all.  If, and I stress IF, the Cobblers were to be relegated, would you be happy to see Sammo start the 2011/12 season as manager?  Straight yes or no answer.
No
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2010, 16:07:13 pm »

in ten games time when were like 2 points outside play offs or in them, im gunna copy and paste some of those quotes that are bouncing around in this thread, im just gunna sit back and laugh at those idiots who want him out, maybe if we beat ipswich and get to quarter finals of the carling cup, you might forgive him. sammo and malcolm are building sumthing at northampton, we havn't had that since calderwood, it took him 3 attempts to get out of this s***hole of a division, man up the lot of you and respect that rome wasn't built in a day and that when we hit form were gunna trounce teams in this divison, like we did against bradford, like we did in the 1st half against chesterfield and like we did against f***in LIVERPOOL!
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2010, 16:22:03 pm »

in ten games time when were like 2 points outside play offs or in them, im gunna copy and paste some of those quotes that are bouncing around in this thread, im just gunna sit back and laugh at those idiots who want him out, maybe if we beat ipswich and get to quarter finals of the carling cup, you might forgive him. sammo and malcolm are building sumthing at northampton, we havn't had that since calderwood, it took him 3 attempts to get out of this sh*thole of a division, man up the lot of you and respect that rome wasn't built in a day and that when we hit form were gunna trounce teams in this divison, like we did against bradford, like we did in the 1st half against chesterfield and like we did against f***in LIVERPOOL!

Happy pills again Si?

Face it, without the cup run i think there'd be little argument here
Report Spam   Logged
PepesProdigy

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2010, 16:24:05 pm »

I reckon that's another yes...........

ha! i havn't made my mind up yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Marvo

« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2010, 16:50:05 pm »

in ten games time when were like 2 points outside play offs or in them, im gunna copy and paste some of those quotes that are bouncing around in this thread, im just gunna sit back and laugh at those idiots who want him out, maybe if we beat ipswich and get to quarter finals of the carling cup, you might forgive him. sammo and malcolm are building sumthing at northampton, we havn't had that since calderwood, it took him 3 attempts to get out of this sh*thole of a division, man up the lot of you and respect that rome wasn't built in a day and that when we hit form were gunna trounce teams in this divison, like we did against bradford, like we did in the 1st half against chesterfield and like we did against f***in LIVERPOOL!

I know people like to pretend they read what they want to but just as a matter of fact, has anybody called for Sammo to be sacked YET?
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2010, 17:13:51 pm »

I know people like to pretend they read what they want to but just as a matter of fact, has anybody called for Sammo to be sacked YET?

Exactly. The purpose of my hypothetical question was simply to test the wisdom of offering Sammo a 3 year deal in the event of relegation.  One would hope that there'd be some sort of trigger clause of we were to be.  I think we owe it to Sammo to be judged at the end of the season.

We have an interesting parallel with Brentford, where my Bees colleague told me to look at their forum today.  They're in an almost identical position to us (except Scott actually got them promoted) and in the same round of the Carling after beating Everton. They almost universally want Scott sacked and now, and you could cut and paste their comments into these threads.  One post is a classic, their very own Nut launches a staunch defence of Scott, but then rounds it off by saying "I think we need to give him 8 weeks"!
Report Spam   Logged
Tyro
Sex Starved Voyeur

Please Don't Mention The Concrete Cows

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2010, 18:56:36 pm »

I don't think any league team that has been relegated has come back straight up Huh?
Report Spam   Logged

Do you know what "Nemesis" means?

A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent personified in this case by a sex starved voyeur that is Tyro.
4everdelayed

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2010, 19:14:54 pm »

I can't think of one, but the teams that go down always seem to expect an instant return therefore whoever the manager is is pretty much under instant pressure. Just look at Darlo/Grimsby, go on their message boards, they make this place look like heaven.
Report Spam   Logged
Claret Lady

View Profile
Level 5 Apple User Combination
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2010, 19:24:47 pm »

This thread is one of the reasons why I was never sure Sammo should get the job in the first place - he is a cobblers legend and this was always going to happen if things went wrong  Sad
Report Spam   Logged
Insider

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2010, 20:17:46 pm »

Shrewsbury and Carlisle have both been relegated and bounced straight back. Lincoln and Darlington in the late 80s.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2010, 20:54:38 pm »

Well, I didn't think he should have got the job in the first place...Does that count? Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Macc Cobbler

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #197 on: October 11, 2010, 07:12:01 am »

Here's a hypothetical question for you all.  If, and I stress IF, the Cobblers were to be relegated, would you be happy to see Sammo start the 2011/12 season as manager?  Straight yes or no answer.

Yes !
Report Spam   Logged
wrigleys

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 11, 2010, 07:34:04 am »

Yes !

No. This is taking the pi**
Report Spam   Logged

Intravenous real ale at Sixfields. Make it happen
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #199 on: October 11, 2010, 10:51:42 am »

No, but if it came to that, I'd be stunned.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 75   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: