The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 14:48:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Reading

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading  (Read 7286 times)
bigcitylights

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2010, 11:08:06 am »

Olgethorpe and Doyle were absolutely raving about Wedderburn and Thornton last night.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2010, 11:22:14 am »

Good, that's what I want to hear commentators doing about our own players.

Its embarrassing when all you get to hear is how good the opposition are
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2010, 11:29:22 am »

Even Reading fans on their own forum commented that "their number 4 was the best player on the park....BY A MILE"
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
ntfc_dan

this will be the year ;)

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2010, 11:48:56 am »

Last night was unbelievable! i was heading for the exit as we hit the back of the net in extra time!!

but once back in the car radio bbc berkshire, they were slating reading. also when the main commentator was asked who his man of the match was... he gave it to Kevin Thornton!!!!!

I thought the thornton and purcell combination worked a treat, with thornton playing what i call the 'steven gerrard' role! I hope sammo keeps it the same for saturday, because how we played, WORKED!
Report Spam   Logged
mackemcobbler
FTM

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2010, 13:36:12 pm »

i Very rarely listen to the cobblers on the radio but i did listen to the extra time though, woke half the house if not the street when the 3rd goal went in,the 2 guys on the radio where having a right go at the players for not pushing up in added on time which did bring a smile to my face as at least they showd some passion, heres hoping for a prem side @ home hopefully sunderland
Report Spam   Logged
DustCobb

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2010, 14:13:04 pm »

I suspect those that bought the cup ticket thingy will be desperate for a good home draw!
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2010, 14:26:24 pm »

I'm still smiling. So wish I hadn't missed the commentary now.

t just shows that what we have all been crying out for (Purcell and Thornton in the starting line up), works.

What's the betting they don't line up for kick off on Saturday?!
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2010, 17:44:55 pm »

Finally had a chance to take last night in. Was my first game this season. Got to say, that was brilliant entertainment.

The players have a lot to be proud of last night. I don't think a single player had a bad game and even the substitutes all made an impact. Jacobs and Konstantinou look like they've got some good skills going on there. Once they fill out and get wise to senior football they should be very decent players.

In terms of excitement, twists, turns and film ending that's got to be the best (and at times funniest) games of football I've seen.

They now know what the standard is. If they can get that performance out 25 times this season we'll go up. We'll see if they are good enough to do it.

Please Sammo start Purcell on Saturday!
Report Spam   Logged
bigcitylights

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2010, 18:43:58 pm »

I've decided, I want Arsenal away.

Their fans love the Carling Cup. Best part of 60,000 there to see us get smashed 8-0 by the Under 16's.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2010, 18:53:36 pm »

I considered them, but the thought of their under 10's doing us isnt good. It's not like we;d get any credit either, everyone will be blowing their load over the kids.

I want Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham or Fulham away. Please.
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2010, 20:17:06 pm »

For some reason when it went to pens I knew we'd win..It must have been a cracking game to attend..
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
The Hask
Martin Hasker

www.TeynAwayDays.com - Away travel for Cobblers

View Profile WWW
Webmaster Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2010, 23:27:17 pm »

For some reason when it went to pens I knew we'd win..It must have been a cracking game to attend..

First opp I have had to post since attending Tues night but yes this was an amazing game of football. That last 4 second equalizer to bring penalties was some rush.

I wish we could play attackin entertaining footie like this agains our leaue 2 comrades, if we did we would be promoted very quickly.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2010, 23:29:14 pm »

Please Sammo start Purcell on Saturday!

And Thornton - he shone very brightly indeed.
Report Spam   Logged

www.teynawaydays.com Hotel End GTA Champion 2010/11 - Wearing the claret with pride.    X (Twitter) @martinhasker
Mark-JB

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2010, 12:20:29 pm »

And Thornton - he shone very brightly indeed.

Assuming that one's a given now
Report Spam   Logged
Sid

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 26, 2010, 12:22:57 pm »

There's one thing that Sammo and Cardoza want... a big away tie. Money is the key, so the bigger attendance will equal more eventual cash for the club, and the club could maybe take that risk early for another player.

Man Utd (a) and Arsenal (a) would undoubtedly yield the biggest profit (40% of eventual gates receipts goes to each club, 20% to relevant authorities/police). Both have had 50,000+ attendances in the recent past at the 3rd round stage, and no doubt Chelsea (a) and Liverpool (a) would house 35,000+

Newcastle and Man City would yield a big crowd, however a crowd of 20,000 might yield around £100,000 for the club, so all is not lost if the big tie doesn't crop up. I don't think any prize money exists for winning through rounds.

And if we happen to net Brentford at home, we'll just have to beat them and get into the last 16!
Report Spam   Logged

Cobblers Fans Team Skipper and forever NTFC.

"Ooooohhh Abdul Osman, He's got a big coc...." hhmm?? What d'ya mean they aren't the words?? Grin
supajama

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 26, 2010, 12:43:56 pm »

There's one thing that Sammo and Cardoza want... a big away tie. Money is the key, so the bigger attendance will equal more eventual cash for the club, and the club could maybe take that risk early for another player.

Man Utd (a) and Arsenal (a) would undoubtedly yield the biggest profit (40% of eventual gates receipts goes to each club, 20% to relevant authorities/police). Both have had 50,000+ attendances in the recent past at the 3rd round stage, and no doubt Chelsea (a) and Liverpool (a) would house 35,000+

Newcastle and Man City would yield a big crowd, however a crowd of 20,000 might yield around £100,000 for the club, so all is not lost if the big tie doesn't crop up. I don't think any prize money exists for winning through rounds.

And if we happen to net Brentford at home, we'll just have to beat them and get into the last 16!

I "think" the next round is seeded too, so we should not get Brentford, unless they are a seeded team!
Report Spam   Logged
Tyler

Back when we were good...

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 26, 2010, 12:51:19 pm »

No, i dont think the next round is seeded, not sure though?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #157 on: August 26, 2010, 13:55:00 pm »

It wasnt seeded last season.....the only League 2 side to make last years third round was Port Vale, and they pulled out a plum tie away at Sc***horpe!!!
There were some all Premier League ties too.

As far as I can tell, the first round is seeded and regionalised, the second round seeded but not regionalised, and the third round onwards neither seeded or regionalised.

As for potential decent third round crowds...... Arsenal pulled in 56592 for their game against WBA, ManUre got 51k against Wolves but apart from that Man City and Aston Villa were the only ones to get 20k plus crowds for non-derby games. (Leeds did get 38k but was against Liverpool and Chelsea got 38k against QPR)
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
The Hask
Martin Hasker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2010, 15:31:57 pm »

In addition if we hit one of the top 4  - there could be a chance of it being the featured sky sports game which will bring in some cash
Report Spam   Logged

Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #159 on: August 26, 2010, 16:06:51 pm »

I considered them, but the thought of their under 10's doing us isnt good. It's not like we;d get any credit either, everyone will be blowing their load over the kids.

I want Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham or Fulham away. Please.

Fulham away would be about as useful as Wigan away.

I'd be happy with anyone from Man U, Man City, Everton, Liverpool, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: