The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:12:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820229 times)
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #26400 on: January 25, 2020, 19:34:20 pm »

Good to see the sites's Administrators collaberating! 

As to my opinion - see above beginning in or about 2016. 

As the second question since you are clever, please explain. 

PS.  Don't try the usual trick of trying to isolate individuals like me who have a different opinion on NTFC issues than your own.  You are doing the owners' work for them but I think they might be capable of looking after their own interests rather well.
Collaborating? I just wondered why you couldn't answer a couple of very straight questions. You've failed yet again. If you want to be taken seriously, and I imagine you do, it really doesn't help your cause when you fail to address any questions people might ask you.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26401 on: January 25, 2020, 20:03:40 pm »

Failed yet again Marquis?!!

Read my post at 13:50:36 and specifically points 3 & 4. 

Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #26402 on: January 25, 2020, 20:12:15 pm »

Well today's spat reaffirms my view that NO NTFC fan,trust or otherwise, should be allowed anywhere near the control of our football club,  unless they are injecting serious money
Could you imagine the board meetings?
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26403 on: January 25, 2020, 21:08:12 pm »

Some good points made Nigel,  the last bit, "anti-club"......is that what you think the Trust are? Or are they anti-regime? There is a difference. The Trust still seem to get involved with the club on certain things (sponsorship of the Ladies team being a recent one), but how do you think they should position themselves?

You've alluded to the fact that they may be sitting on a large amount of money, you mention that it should "generate a movement".....do you mean against the  current owners of the club? It seems that the relationship between Club and Trust (as in current owners) is beyond repair, so what do you think they should genuinely do?

As I have said mate. And this will be seen through hundreds of posts, with the same sentiment throughout. The Trust does not need to complicate the point by incorporating any specific perspective on what is a relatively simple task at this point.

There has been some fantastic fact finding from you, Zen, and Vintage, plus others, but nothing so far that suggests anything illegal, or that appears to have motivated the support to agree in decent numbers. We are led to believe that the club finances are dire, that the directors are “land grabbing” self serving monsters. Yet at the Derby game, KT walked through hundreds of supporters on the West Stand concourse to nods of appreciation and thanks. So whose opinion is the Trust representative of? As an elected representative body, who are they representing?

So as I have said repeatedly. Either personally invite the trust members to a meeting and state that the attendance will signify the interest in a specific itemised agenda. Or post out to members with a copy of a manifesto type document asking them to endorse the direction the Trust takes. Then based on that, and acceptance of the content, expand it to the wider support.

Personally, I believe, that in spite of the fiasco surrounding the redevelopment, club debt and many other issues, I do not believe the vast majority of the support feel about KT like some on here and the Trust do. I I’m allowed to state that I believe that the Trusts pursuit of certain issues is out of kilter with the majority of our support. Hence the reason why I say, that there COULD easily be a perception that some people are anti club, and certainly out of touch with the majority of the support.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #26404 on: January 26, 2020, 06:31:04 am »

Be careful - you are walking on very thin ice and as an Administrator of this site you know the consequences.  You have contrived to convert the following:

Because the last mention of the Trusts position, was a boastful stab at a club employee at the Park Inn hotel, that a millionaire was crying out to buy the club. A genuine employee whose concerns you laughed at.

into:

“At the Park Inn you absolutely did turn around with a friend that was with you and laughed at the staff member when they reinforced their support for KT. I witnessed it not only personally, but a member of the Trust board also pointed it out to me. “

Your comment is absolute trash, from the gutter and clearly defamatory.  I was sitting throughout between a well known supporter and a good friend who is a very eminent person in the medical field. We were in the second row on the right and so how on earth could you see whether I was laughing or crying or in fact just sitting and listening listening. Do you have eyes in the back or side of your head?  You are showing signs of being unbalanced.  Care to name the Trust director?

Your comments are equally derogatory of the Trust but that is a matter for the Trust but no doubt its directors are reading your comments.  As to you denying you have an issue with the Trust, you are clearly in denial. Take a look at you regular comments concerning the Trust and known individuals connected with it. 

Finally, you allege “I have stated that the Trust, in conjunction with your help/advice made it clear about their suspicion around deals to do with the land”.  How would you know what advice or help I may have given to the Trust or even what i have been asked to do? 

You need to withdraw unreservedly and without qualification your defamatory statements directed at me. Read this please as a serious warning. It is not something I do lightly. 

I have asked nothing more of the Trust than you have yourself. I am entitled as a member of the Trust, and as a supporter to question whether or not their stance is reflective of those that they represent. That is not anti Trust, as you wrongly label me. It is pro support and certainly not on the fence. I have sat face to face with the Trust board and raised this point several times with them over the years.

In respect of the Park Inn. I'll happily withdraw my remarks. As GPC said, it has become far to personal. But read your PM's

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #26405 on: January 26, 2020, 07:05:59 am »

Im still confused because it all comes down to the same thing. I understand many believe there was a commitment that the East would be finished, and perhaps with some justification? However, at the point we were about to go under if someone were to come along and state that they would put 5 million into the club, possibly on the squad, maybe on the ground but 5 million nevertheless and save it from oblivion, can anyone hand on heart say they would have turned it down? As I have said before had Chris Wilder remained and there had been a sustained and possible push for the Championship, maybe the ground would have been developed? However, the way things panned out with the revolving door of managers and subsequent relegation with us selling the ground out, what once post Wilder, come on it would be financial nonsense? You can make all the statements of intent you like regarding a business plan, but if circumstances change you would be irresponsible and/or reckless to carry on regardless and expose the business to even more unsustainable debt? Any reasonable person has to understand this? I get there may be frustration and disappointment, but personally I am firmly in the camp that the current circumstances were inevitable given the performance of the team following the departure of Chris Wilder? Therefore at this point in time given the 5 million investment to date, I believe that the current board have done all that could have reasonably been expected of them in light of the circumstances they have faced. If this was just about a land rip off and nothing more why have they pumped in 5 million, it just doesn’t add up? Yes you may have spent it differently if it were your money, but 5 million in 4 years on a league 2 club is hardly milking it for all you can get? Once their tenure has come to an end perhaps I will change my opinion when all the wheeling and dealing is concluded, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong? However, at this point in time that’s how I see it?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 08:02:19 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3355

« Reply #26406 on: January 26, 2020, 08:23:55 am »

Vintage are you aware you do more harm than good.

You do no good at all. While you're a member of the Trust I will never back the Trust.

Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #26407 on: January 26, 2020, 10:26:29 am »

You do no good at all. While you're a member of the Trust I will never back the Trust.

Thanks.
Who cares what you think  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26408 on: January 26, 2020, 10:40:48 am »

Im still confused because it all comes down to the same thing. I understand many believe there was a commitment that the East would be finished, and perhaps with some justification? However, at the point we were about to go under if someone were to come along and state that they would put 5 million into the club, possibly on the squad, maybe on the ground but 5 million nevertheless and save it from oblivion, can anyone hand on heart say they would have turned it down? As I have said before had Chris Wilder remained and there had been a sustained and possible push for the Championship, maybe the ground would have been developed? However, the way things panned out with the revolving door of managers and subsequent relegation with us selling the ground out, what once post Wilder, come on it would be financial nonsense? You can make all the statements of intent you like regarding a business plan, but if circumstances change you would be irresponsible and/or reckless to carry on regardless and expose the business to even more unsustainable debt? Any reasonable person has to understand this? I get there may be frustration and disappointment, but personally I am firmly in the camp that the current circumstances were inevitable given the performance of the team following the departure of Chris Wilder? Therefore at this point in time given the 5 million investment to date, I believe that the current board have done all that could have reasonably been expected of them in light of the circumstances they have faced. If this was just about a land rip off and nothing more why have they pumped in 5 million, it just doesn’t add up? Yes you may have spent it differently if it were your money, but 5 million in 4 years on a league 2 club is hardly milking it for all you can get? Once their tenure has come to an end perhaps I will change my opinion when all the wheeling and dealing is concluded, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong? However, at this point in time that’s how I see it?

You must have a terrible headache from banging your head against that wall for so long!
If it helps ease the pain , I agree with you.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26409 on: January 26, 2020, 11:03:24 am »

You must have a terrible headache from banging your head against that wall for so long!
If it helps ease the pain , I agree with you.
Not really. Opinions will vary especially when it’s so emotive. This is where I think the trust are struggling. They are supposed to represent the supporters, but what happens when opinion is so divided? IMO the trust can only be truly effective in its role as a guardian of the club when there is an overwhelming consensus of opinion regarding direction, or the club is in imminent peril? As a result I have quite a bit of sympathy with them myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #26410 on: January 26, 2020, 11:47:23 am »

Not really. Opinions will vary especially when it’s so emotive. This is where I think the trust are struggling. They are supposed to represent the supporters, but what happens when opinion is so divided? IMO the trust can only be truly effective in its role as a guardian of the club when there is an overwhelming consensus of opinion regarding direction, or the club is in imminent peril? As a result I have quite a bit of sympathy with them myself.

I think the Trust is in a state of limbo at the moment, it obviously has it's doubts or concerns about the Club's owners whilst not be as violently opposed as several Hotel Enders.
Meanwhile, although I'm sure 100% of supporters would like to see the East Stand finished, I would guess at least 95% of fans are perfectly happy with KT and Co.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #26411 on: January 26, 2020, 12:09:11 pm »

Thanks.
OK so judging by the same standards you obviously don't back the current regime at NTFC as some of the staff who run the club , on a day to day basis, are also members of the Trust  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #26412 on: January 26, 2020, 19:15:30 pm »

OK so judging by the same standards you obviously don't back the current regime at NTFC as some of the staff who run the club , on a day to day basis, are also members of the Trust  Smiley

I don't back either party. Both as bad as each other.
Thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #26413 on: January 26, 2020, 19:54:10 pm »

I don't back either party. Both as bad as each other.
Thanks.
No problem  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26414 on: January 26, 2020, 20:01:12 pm »

I agree with much of what you say, but I’ll take the 5 million thing....nobody ever says that half of that was down to the failed 5USports fiasco, one which has never been fully explained.

It was the spend spend spend after that deal was announced that needed covering after relegation by the loan from Belle De Jour.

Yes, they may have pumped £5m in, but sooner or later someone has to ask what we’ve got for it? In any other business getting nothing for £5m would be seen as poor management surely?

Having said last week that they had a bank account with £11m in it was an eye opener. If you could spend £11m to make £30m that would be good business though!

Do you really think they would have put £5m in if there wasn’t a land deal at the end of the rainbow?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 20:31:19 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #26415 on: January 26, 2020, 21:01:35 pm »

I agree with much of what you say, but I’ll take the 5 million thing....nobody ever says that half of that was down to the failed 5USports fiasco, one which has never been fully explained.

It was the spend spend spend after that deal was announced that needed covering after relegation by the loan from Belle De Jour.

Yes, they may have pumped £5m in, but sooner or later someone has to ask what we’ve got for it? In any other business getting nothing for £5m would be seen as poor management surely?

Having said last week that they had a bank account with £11m in it was an eye opener. If you could spend £11m to make £30m that would be good business though!

Do you really think they would have put £5m in if there wasn’t a land deal at the end of the rainbow?
No, I don’t think they would have put in 5 million without the prospect of a return, that would be insane. Thing is GPC they didn’t have to change managers with the tenacity and frequency they did exposing themselves to the subsequent financial consequences. They didn’t have to back each of them in the transfer market to the extent they have? Where does the club currently sit in the salary league table? None of this needed to be financed to the degree it has if they were just here to make a killing? My view is they would have recruited cheaper managers, kept them for longer, reduced the budget, IMO these are not the actions of solely rapacious individuals, it’s so contradictory it’s ridiculous? Do I question their judgement in putting 5 million into a league 2 club over the length of time they have given the obstacles they have faced over the land, absolutely. Do I think they are mercenary, land grabbing parasites here to make a quick killing, absolutely not, and I am yet to see one reasonable explanation on here to address the contradiction?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #26416 on: January 27, 2020, 08:54:00 am »

No, I don’t think they would have put in 5 million without the prospect of a return, that would be insane. Thing is GPC they didn’t have to change managers with the tenacity and frequency they did exposing themselves to the subsequent financial consequences. They didn’t have to back each of them in the transfer market to the extent they have? Where does the club currently sit in the salary league table? None of this needed to be financed to the degree it has if they were just here to make a killing? My view is they would have recruited cheaper managers, kept them for longer, reduced the budget, IMO these are not the actions of solely rapacious individuals, it’s so contradictory it’s ridiculous? Do I question their judgement in putting 5 million into a league 2 club over the length of time they have given the obstacles they have faced over the land, absolutely. Do I think they are mercenary, land grabbing parasites here to make a quick killing, absolutely not, and I am yet to see one reasonable explanation on here to address the contradiction?
I agree, Its much easier to chuck other peoples money down the drain in attempts to maintain league position especially if you believe it to be already in the account. So simple high stakes gambling that turns into bad management when it goes wrong and we get relegated and the deal goes awry?
What part of any prospective land deal were the Chinese going to benefit from compared to the club and the current owners of the club? I dont pretend to know the details surrounding the brief partnership between the parties although I do remember reading about it and thinking it's not a simple straightforward takeover even though they appeared to have put the monies for a controlling stake.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #26417 on: January 27, 2020, 09:08:47 am »

Nice to hear Sam Ricketts yesterday praising his chairman for how he has turned their debt around and how the emphasis at the club is to develop the infrastructre for the long term irrespective of the vagaries and immediacy of league position when he was asked if he would be able to get additional players in with the windfall of a replay at Anfield.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #26418 on: January 27, 2020, 11:09:06 am »

Nice to hear Sam Ricketts yesterday praising his chairman for how he has turned their debt around and how the emphasis at the club is to develop the infrastructre for the long term irrespective of the vagaries and immediacy of league position when he was asked if he would be able to get additional players in with the windfall of a replay at Anfield.

Hasn't KC said similar recently? Behind the scenes development that cost money.
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #26419 on: January 27, 2020, 11:21:38 am »

Why is this thread used over 1327 pages and nothing has happened in that time can everyone just get over it accept kelvin Thomas doesn’t give 2 f**ks about the club and is only in it for the winger the selfish b*****d, lets focus on securing promotion out of this useless division any get Mike Ashley to take us over
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: