The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:12:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822398 times)
Carton Lid and 61 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #28180 on: May 19, 2021, 20:55:46 pm »

Everyone should pay the tax they owe. We are only rich through what we give.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28181 on: May 19, 2021, 21:20:44 pm »

Off shore bank accounts? What you are suggesting is that 5U Sport made a secretive off shore payment into a bank account in The Cayman Islands or similar making it untraceable and unprovable that they ever made the payment in the first place? Do you honestly think someone with a few million would do that, and for what reason? Basically Jolly you are claiming that the current owners possibly defrauded 5U Sport and we may never know whether this was the case or not? We do know, it’s b0ll0cks. To reiterate if 5U Sport had made any sort of payment they would be able to prove it and they would have a controlling interest in the club or their money back? In the same way if you had a few million you wouldn’t deliver it in a load of brown envelope into the Cayman Islands ether, anymore than you would be chucking it at the East Stand? Those are the facts. FFS the sh1t on here sometimes is unbelievable, no offence?

And that's all you chose to take from my post? Read it again. I never actually accused anyone of financial shenanigans. I simply pointed out that we don't know. But, hey, if you're happy with 'promise a little, deliver a lot' and cards close to our chest, then good for you. Let's just hope they eventually start delivering, eh? As for the 5U thing, well, I guess we'll never know. But, regardless of whether it revolved solely around trumpeting the venture prematurely, or something else, the simple fact remains it was another publicity fail - and the additional spending almost certainly added to the financial burden currently blighting the books.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 21:27:25 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #28182 on: May 19, 2021, 21:43:48 pm »

I think you are losing it here Nigel, I haven't posted on this thread for over a week, and that was to say I was surprised that NBC didn't have someone on site when the re-development was started and you agreed with that ! My previous post before that was on 11th April
 You then say "If you haven't got the bottle to put up some proof, shut up " can i ask what I need proof of, as I've not posted anything that needs proof ?
   I don't think you are "absolutely clear on what you say", saying I've got no bottle to prove something that I haven't posted. Maybe time to have a sit down and get your thoughts straight ?

Read the post. It wasn’t even directed at you. 🙄🙄🙄
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #28183 on: May 19, 2021, 23:29:55 pm »

Read the post. It wasn’t even directed at you. 🙄🙄🙄
You really are cracking up !!! The post was only 21 words long and my name was mentioned FIVE times, but you say the post wasn't directed at me Huh???       
       I would imagine that most people would think if they were mentioned in every fourth word of a post, they just might conclude that the post was aimed at them or, maybe, it was it just a coincidence that you used my name ?   
        Also, I'll ask you again, do you have an explanation of the accusation of what, according to you, "I've posted but don't have the bottle to put up some proof" ??  or was that not directed at me either ?
       I think you've showed yourself up quite badly and , maybe, should consider you position as a moderator. You thought you could get away with your unfounded,  endless digs but then, when you get caught out, you try to cover up an obvious personal dig at me by saying it wasn't aimed at me !!
       To quote Jim Royal, "It wasn't even directed at you" my ar$e
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 23:32:33 pm by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28184 on: May 20, 2021, 02:59:03 am »

And that's all you chose to take from my post? Read it again. I never actually accused anyone of financial shenanigans. I simply pointed out that we don't know. But, hey, if you're happy with 'promise a little, deliver a lot' and cards close to our chest, then good for you. Let's just hope they eventually start delivering, eh? As for the 5U thing, well, I guess we'll never know. But, regardless of whether it revolved solely around trumpeting the venture prematurely, or something else, the simple fact remains it was another publicity fail - and the additional spending almost certainly added to the financial burden currently blighting the books.
FFS it wasn’t all I chose to take, as I also said the fourth paragraph was about right? So you need to do some additional reading yourself? To be clear what’s you actually said was “perhaps” money changed hands but because of an off shore bank account we’ll never know the truth. In my opinion that’s a very long way from a straight forward “we don’t know” despite how you are now trying to dress it up? What you’re actually saying is they might have, but we can’t prove it? Once again I’m not happy with Kelvin Thomas and David Bower as they are far from the ideal candidates to take the club forward? The problem is that people can’t help themselves and constantly imply there may be an underhand agenda or some kind of impropriety? In my opinion it waters down the rest of the arguments which often contain valid points? As indeed your post did, and had you have taken the time to read my replys before jumping onto your keyboard you would have known that? Still it’s up to you what you post, but I stand by my original comments.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 09:20:39 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28185 on: May 20, 2021, 03:36:40 am »

It's because we are owned by a company based in the British Virgin Islands. Exotic.

No views on the 5U Sport thing as never really understood that and just remember "links to education blah blah" None of it made sense.

However, would you believe that the council would transfer over £10m into a UK bank account that could somehow disappear with only a half built house to show for it....puff, magic! I doubt many would!

I would say the money hasn’t disappeared and the relevant parties know where it is? The real difficulty is proving the level of intent at the time of the events across multiple individuals which is necessary for a fraud conviction? Until the case is proven, retrieving the funds is exceptionally difficult apparently?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #28186 on: May 20, 2021, 06:15:59 am »

I would say the money hasn’t disappeared and the relevant parties know where it is? The real difficulty is proving the level of intent at the time of the events across multiple individuals which is necessary for a fraud conviction? Until the case is proven, retrieving the funds is exceptionally difficult apparently?

Very true MC, sorry I was being ironic. I think I said previously that there is a lot that goes on that is morally questionable but fully legal. Then even if something does cross that line it is extremely difficult to prove. It’s totally gross man.
I do think that some fall into the trap of trying to directly compare DC and KT, which is understandable I guess as they both run/ran the same business and we were ultimately badly burnt by the former. What KT is guilty of is generating a shed load of debt and failing to achieve any tangible progress on/off the pitch….so far. If the stand had been finished I’m sure this thread would have dried up years ago….and to be fair to DC he supported the on the field interests at a higher financial level, which you could say led to the £10m not being used for its intended purpose.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28187 on: May 20, 2021, 09:54:01 am »

Very true MC, sorry I was being ironic. I think I said previously that there is a lot that goes on that is morally questionable but fully legal. Then even if something does cross that line it is extremely difficult to prove. It’s totally gross man.
I do think that some fall into the trap of trying to directly compare DC and KT, which is understandable I guess as they both run/ran the same business and we were ultimately badly burnt by the former. What KT is guilty of is generating a shed load of debt and failing to achieve any tangible progress on/off the pitch….so far. If the stand had been finished I’m sure this thread would have dried up years ago….and to be fair to DC he supported the on the field interests at a higher financial level, which you could say led to the £10m not being used for its intended purpose.

The really annoying thing with the Cardozas' is that had they built the originally proposed structure they would have positioned themselves to make a killing on the wider land deals, and as they walked away in profit no one would have begrudged them anything. They would forever be lauded by the fans. Instead, greed and stupidity blinded them and look where we are.
I agree that it is a mistake to view the current owners with those that came before, but the worry remains there needs to be some resolution to the stand/wider land issues. Failure to reach agreement doesn't serve anyone.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28188 on: May 20, 2021, 10:17:15 am »

FFS it wasn’t all I chose to take, as I also said the fourth paragraph was about right? So you need to do some additional reading yourself? To be clear what’s you actually said was “perhaps” money changed hands but because of an off shore bank account we’ll never know the truth. In my opinion that’s a very long way from a straight forward “we don’t know” despite how you are now trying to dress it up? What you’re actually saying is they might have, but we can’t prove it? Once again I’m not happy with Kelvin Thomas and David Bower as they are far from the ideal candidates to take the club forward? The problem is that people can’t help themselves and constantly imply there may be an underhand agenda or some kind of impropriety? In my opinion it waters down the rest of the arguments which often contain valid points? As indeed your post did, and had you have taken the time to read my replys before jumping onto your keyboard you would have known that? Still it’s up to you what you post, but I stand by my original comments.

'Perhaps' or 'we don't know'. Seriously, that's a bit pedantic. I know what I was saying even if you choose not to see it. As for the point you raised with Cobblertone about the money 'not having disappeared.' This is true, and it's just unfortunate that snakes like the Bushey boys are allowed to build their empires by crushing other peoples dreams. If you don't know what I mean by that, then just take some time to peruse their business histories because some of those fella's have got an interesting track record. Even tracking what we can of the cash movements out of First Land; it would be laughable if it wasn't such a tragedy that people of this ilk are allowed to plunder a living in this way. I don't hold out much hope of a satisfactory comeupance, and certainly not one that benefits NTFC in any way. In the eyes of the wider Northampton public, £10 million of mud is bonded to the walls at Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28189 on: May 20, 2021, 10:30:17 am »

It beggars belief that no one involved in this sorry saga did any due diligence on the Hertford mafia.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28190 on: May 20, 2021, 10:39:01 am »

It beggars belief that no one involved in this sorry saga did any due diligence on the Hertford mafia.

True. It also beggers belief that the council would hand over a lump sum of +£4 million instead of the £1.5 (?) million increments, especially at a time when red flags had already been raised. Maybe just incompetent...
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28191 on: May 20, 2021, 10:43:53 am »

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/statement---what-is-the-plan-for-northampton-town-fc

Also posted in the Trust section of this site....latest statement from the Trust.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28192 on: May 20, 2021, 10:59:08 am »

Everyone should pay the tax they owe. We are only rich through what we give.

I agree and I am quite happy to pay tax in the country where I earned the money, but I'm fúcked if I'm going to pay again in the UK.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28193 on: May 20, 2021, 12:31:42 pm »

I agree and I am quite happy to pay tax in the country where I earned the money, but I'm fúcked if I'm going to pay again in the UK.
Why would you need to pay twice? We have a tax treaty with Germany which has been resigned this year?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #28194 on: May 20, 2021, 12:33:18 pm »

You need a new hobby  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28195 on: May 20, 2021, 12:39:23 pm »

You need a new hobby  Grin
Worked in Germany so I know 😀
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28196 on: May 20, 2021, 13:14:38 pm »

'Perhaps' or 'we don't know'. Seriously, that's a bit pedantic. I know what I was saying even if you choose not to see it. As for the point you raised with Cobblertone about the money 'not having disappeared.' This is true, and it's just unfortunate that snakes like the Bushey boys are allowed to build their empires by crushing other peoples dreams. If you don't know what I mean by that, then just take some time to peruse their business histories because some of those fella's have got an interesting track record. Even tracking what we can of the cash movements out of First Land; it would be laughable if it wasn't such a tragedy that people of this ilk are allowed to plunder a living in this way. I don't hold out much hope of a satisfactory comeupance, and certainly not one that benefits NTFC in any way. In the eyes of the wider Northampton public, £10 million of mud is bonded to the walls at Sixfields.
Pedantic or not it just comes across as a thinly veiled accusation that isn’t particularly logical and I won’t be the only one that sees it that way? It’s a shame because if people were to just stick to opinion then the stuff that has merit wouldn’t be clouded under the guise of yet another witch hunt? Whilst that may not be what people intend, some will view it that way and that can lead to ridicule and division as a result? Your 4th paragraph that I mentioned earlier really is an important point. This new initiative may be great, but if the new owners move on then the whole initiative will be lost, and that makes the exercise a bit pointless as a medium/long term strategy? That’s why the likes of the current owners are a poor option for clubs like ours. This in and out ownership just creates instability and that ultimately leads to chaos at the end of the tenure, and that will often be a bad thing? As happened when Banks, McRichie and the Cardozas called it a day? As investor owners the current lot have been as good as you could ask for. The amount of money they have chucked at a club like ours is breathtaking in my view? Despite this it just so happens that investor type ownership is not the best way for a club like ours, at least that’s what I think? As for the previous owners and their partners, at no point have I ever thought they wouldn’t have to answer for the events that transpired. It would be a travesty if they don’t?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 13:16:29 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #28197 on: May 20, 2021, 14:39:24 pm »

As for the previous owners and their partners, at no point have I ever thought they wouldn’t have to answer for the events that transpired. It would be a travesty if they don’t?

The sad thing is whether they do or they don't, it'll make a blind bit of difference to the club. Without the fact that over a £1m has been spent trying to pursue it, making people in the legal profession a lot wealthier and keeping the wheels of the justice system whirling.
I wonder what that Mackintosh fella gets up to these days, stacking shelves in Aldi?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28198 on: May 20, 2021, 15:15:13 pm »

Pedantic or not it just comes across as a thinly veiled accusation that isn’t particularly logical and I won’t be the only one that sees it that way? It’s a shame because if people were to just stick to opinion then the stuff that has merit wouldn’t be clouded under the guise of yet another witch hunt? Whilst that may not be what people intend, some will view it that way and that can lead to ridicule and division as a result? Your 4th paragraph that I mentioned earlier really is an important point. This new initiative may be great, but if the new owners move on then the whole initiative will be lost, and that makes the exercise a bit pointless as a medium/long term strategy? That’s why the likes of the current owners are a poor option for clubs like ours. This in and out ownership just creates instability and that ultimately leads to chaos at the end of the tenure, and that will often be a bad thing? As happened when Banks, McRichie and the Cardozas called it a day? As investor owners the current lot have been as good as you could ask for. The amount of money they have chucked at a club like ours is breathtaking in my view? Despite this it just so happens that investor type ownership is not the best way for a club like ours, at least that’s what I think? As for the previous owners and their partners, at no point have I ever thought they wouldn’t have to answer for the events that transpired. It would be a travesty if they don’t?
Pedantic or not, could you please stop putting question marks at the end of each sentence...they aren't questions!
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28199 on: May 20, 2021, 15:21:06 pm »

Pedantic or not, could you please stop putting question marks at the end of each sentence...they aren't questions!

It emphasises the Australian rising intonation in their speech. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Pages: 1 ... 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 [1410] 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: