The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 18:56:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842319 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28700 on: June 21, 2021, 18:28:14 pm »

Sorry about another thread regards redevelopment!

The club currently have a job going for box office and CRM manager, nothing really interesting in that! However in the job description the following job role requirements are listed:-

c) Working with the club Chairman on how ticketing and stadium entry will work post re-development.
d) Look at costs and benefits of implementing an access control system into the stadium. Looking at avenues open to increasing matchday revenue and cost savings by having a full or part system in place.

Am I reading too much into this, or doe this mean the stadium work is not far from kicking off???

Be nice to think so.
Really not sure about this thing on Friday.
I would love to be positive but reading some of the posts and comments on Facebook there seems to be something going on behind the scenes(whatever that is)
Your not wrong there’s something v big going on.....tick tock........
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28701 on: June 21, 2021, 18:50:35 pm »

Any chance of letting some of this “v big going on” out?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28702 on: June 21, 2021, 19:53:34 pm »

Zen, Manwork goes on the basis that if you say something big is happen every week. Eventually he will be right, then he can come on here and say " I told you so " If he really knows anything of interest he would have posted it on here.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #28703 on: June 21, 2021, 20:40:51 pm »

It's a new poster, albeit one with a very similar sentence structure to a previous idiot, quoting a 9 year old post. I'll let you lot work out whether he really knows anything or not.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest49

« Reply #28704 on: June 25, 2021, 08:56:03 am »

Pretty bullish and comprehensive answer to the Trust puffing their chest out.
I don’t think they’ll be exchanging Xmas cards.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/people/supporters-trust-pulls-plug-on-backing-for-northampton-town-land-dealbut-club-chairman-hits-back-at-criticisms-3286118?amp

“Unmoved”
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28705 on: June 25, 2021, 09:09:21 am »

That seems like a big "Fúck you" to the Trust from the club and to be honest I am not surprised.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #28706 on: June 25, 2021, 09:09:23 am »

Wow, mic drop moment from KT!

No coming back from this from the Trust (oh, and cheers for asking your members if WE wanted to be part of the offered zoom call!!!)

Supporters Trust pulls plug on backing for Northampton Town land deal...but club chairman hits back at criticisms
Trust "unconvinced the deal would be in Cobblers best interests "Kelvin Thomas: "We will no longer be bullied"

Northampton Town Supporters Trust has withdrawn its support for a land deal which could see the club's East Stand finally finished.

Cobblers want to build on club leased, council-owned land next to Sixfields stadium and the club and West Northamptonshire Council — which took over negotiations from Northampton Borough Council — are agreed on the stand being finished first.

The supporters trust had previously backed the plan but added it wanted to see see detailed financial plans to show how it would put the club on a sustainable financial footing.

This week the trust's board confirmed it remains "unconvinced the deal would be in the best interests of Northampton Town FC" after getting no replies in the format they wanted to its questions posed to Cobblers chairman Kelvin Thomas.

Mr Thomas issued a response to the trust in which he said he was "pretty unmoved by it" and said the timing of the statement release was "strange".

The trust's statement said: " More than a month has now passed since Kelvin Thomas invited questions from the Supporters Trust board about the Sixfields land deal the club is negotiating with West Northamptonshire Council.

"The Trust has to date received no replies to any of the questions it submitted, having asked for written responses so that they are clear, understood and on the record and could therefore be shared with members and the wider fanbase.

"Accordingly, in the absence of full and satisfactory written answers, the Trust is no longer in a position to support the land deal going forward."

In a statement released to the Chronicle & Echo, Cobblers chairman Thomas said: “We saw the statement from the Trust and are pretty unmoved by it to be honest.

“It all seems rather strange timing to everyone at the club that they would pull their support of a proposal they have previously supported just because we haven’t answered questions in a format they demand three days before an open and public event which is designed for people to ask questions.

“Maybe they think their questions are more important than anyone else’s or other fans don’t have the ability to ask sensible or important questions. It makes little sense to us all at the club.

“We have explained our position very clearly to them in letters and subsequent emails. We explained that we didn’t understand some of their questions, some of the questions have been answered previously either in writing or verbally or both, we asked what some of the questions even had to do with the development and we also felt there was an agenda to their overly aggressive tone and approach.

“A quick review of social media and online forums shows that a lot of fans seemed to feel the same way.

“Interestingly their last question asks if we would sell the club for a pound. Do they honesty think we would sell the club to them for a pound? Firstly, the staff would never forgive us and nor would many fans who send us emails or messages on social media regularly saying that the Trust do not represent them or their views

“We have no idea how they think this public grandstanding is in the best interests of the club or the supporters and therefore we will not be responding to it any further.

“We are more than happy to share our recent and then any future communication (if there is ever any), which will allow all fans, trust members or not, to decide who is being more transparent in this matter.

“While the trust mentioned in their most recent statement that we only offered a Zoom meeting with them, what they did not mention was that we also offered for that meeting to be open to all their members and even all fans. We are just not sure how much more transparent the club can be.

“We have been here a long time and since saving the club from going under, we have invested millions of pounds, we have paid bills and staff on time, we have settled some very hefty bills that were incurred from the previous ownership and board of directors, which included a Supporters Trust representative, we have not charged interest on any of the money loaned or taken salaries ourselves and we even topped up everyone’s wages during the pandemic.

“Many of the staff at the club are lifelong fans, they are passionate about the club and its place in the community. We all know what the club means to the town and the people of Northampton.

"Even this summer we have seen people like Graham Carr, Colin Calderwood, Marc Richards and Jon Brady, some of whom have long standing affiliations to the club be appointed to senior positions.

"If there really were underlying issues at the club, they would be well known by now, but the Trust cannot actually pinpoint anything except we haven’t answered their questions in the way they want us to.

“We will no longer be bullied and if the trust do not want to support the club’s plans, then so be it. We will all have to continue our hard work for the club without them.

“However, their constant attempts to politicise the matter is probably the most disappointing and definitely the most damaging to the club.

“Luckily the process we are going through with the council cannot be a political one. The officers are rightly tasked with going through an independent process to ensure that any discussion or future agreement will stand up to internal and external scrutiny.

“In addition, any decisions made by members at a later date will be based on the facts presented and not the opinions of a disaffected group, just like as it should be at local government. We have to trust the politicians that they will see this for what it is.

“We are very confident that we are working in the best interests of the club and all at the Council are working in the best interests of the Council and the taxpayers of West Northamptonshire. We are just not sure what the Trust are working towards.

“We will now concentrate on the important business of preparing for the new season and the open house event. We look forward to talking to a wide range of supporters on Friday and thank all supporters for their continued support.”

Offers from the club of a Zoom meeting to discuss the questions were turned down by the trust, which was formed in 1992.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:16:48 am by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #28707 on: June 25, 2021, 09:55:17 am »

Well I would say that confirms the end to any possible working relationship between the Club and the Trust.

Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #28708 on: June 25, 2021, 10:06:04 am »

Well I would say that confirms the end to any possible working relationship between the Club and the Trust.

Whilst I don’t entirely trust KT and certainly he has been lacking on clear communication I feel the trust have completely shot themselves in the foot - if KT‘s statement of offering in addition to a zoom meeting a more open meeting and the trust refused without member consultation I can only conclude once again it’s a power game by the few an whilst they may believe it they are not truely representing their wider membership- come on Manny please reveal this trust link with the council and why you believe KT is running scared because it certainly doesn’t appear to be the case
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #28709 on: June 25, 2021, 10:14:15 am »

Good statement that

Whilst I agree there does need to be accountability the trust seem to be going about it in an aggressive, almost goading way. Also the trust ask for transparency but they’re not supplying it according to that statement.

I think the trust are trying to do their best to hold people to account, but are maybe being led by a few with agendas and as a result they’re coming off as a bit petulant and demanding. ‘Grandstanding’ would perhaps sum it up.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #28710 on: June 25, 2021, 10:15:43 am »

Whilst I don’t entirely trust KT and certainly he has been lacking on clear communication I feel the trust have completely shot themselves in the foot - if KT‘s statement of offering in addition to a zoom meeting a more open meeting and the trust refused without member consultation I can only conclude once again it’s a power game by the few an whilst they may believe it they are not truely representing their wider membership- come on Manny please reveal this trust link with the council and why you believe KT is running scared because it certainly doesn’t appear to be the case
The council have two parties who are at loggerheads. One party is the leaseholder of council land and has a plan to redevelop the land. Regardless of if that money comes back into the club or not it will generate more money for the council through rates, taxes etc as well as presumably providing additional jobs for the town. The other party better have something extraordinary up their sleeve
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #28711 on: June 25, 2021, 10:22:55 am »

Fair play to Thomas. We can all do without "noisy neighbours" kicking up a stink every time you try and do something. The Trust seemed to be adopting a more conciliatory position lately which, as one of the fans they are supposed to represent, pleased me immensely. Now they've had another petulant outburst and withdrawn their essentially worthless support over some nitpicking about the format of the club's response. They seemed to have their seat back at the table and they blew it.

Boo hoo. Off you go then. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28712 on: June 25, 2021, 10:34:57 am »

Very good reply from KT. Trust have thrown their toys out of the pram and nobody is willing to pick them up. Leaving them looking like spoilt brats.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #28713 on: June 25, 2021, 10:35:43 am »

Speaking as someone who has supported the Trust from day one at the Exeter Rooms, from when Brian Lomax asked if I would buy some shares, who attended and questioned the relevant people in the early years, it saddens me that in recent times I have felt distanced from the Trust!
This is mainly by the lack of communication from the board, who I applaud their time given but not their actions.

Simple question why can the Trust not email the membership quarterly with an update? Cost, time or unwillingness?
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28714 on: June 25, 2021, 10:48:47 am »

“While the trust mentioned in their most recent statement that we only offered a Zoom meeting with them, what they did not mention was that we also offered for that meeting to be open to all their members and even all fans. We are just not sure how much more transparent the club can be".

This for me is the statement that has basically sounded the death knell for the Trust.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28715 on: June 25, 2021, 10:51:33 am »

Good statement that

Whilst I agree there does need to be accountability the trust seem to be going about it in an aggressive, almost goading way. Also the trust ask for transparency but they’re not supplying it according to that statement.

I think the trust are trying to do their best to hold people to account, but are maybe being led by a few with agendas and as a result they’re coming off as a bit petulant and demanding. ‘Grandstanding’ would perhaps sum it up.

Who is leading the Trust response to KT’s proposals / Zoom Meeting. It all seems a bit heavy handed even in an arrogant manner!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28716 on: June 25, 2021, 10:57:59 am »

“While the trust mentioned in their most recent statement that we only offered a Zoom meeting with them, what they did not mention was that we also offered for that meeting to be open to all their members and even all fans. We are just not sure how much more transparent the club can be".

This for me is the statement that has basically sounded the death knell for the Trust.

For all their faults the Trust is the only source who can be the rallying point should the Club go bottoms up!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28717 on: June 25, 2021, 11:00:34 am »

Interesting the chronicle and echo are straight on KTs reply
Whatever the rights or wrongs of the affair my take on the situation is that if ever the trust take control of the club with a fan owned model I would imagine the chrons chances of covering the matches would be less than zero.

It’s good the club have finally come out with some words on the issue but I have a feeling it will take more than words and a few sketches to appease the fan base.

I’m hoping that after six years of nothing happening the club will come up with some concrete plans that have been sent to the council tonight.

Anything more than that is just more words and not worth tuppence imo.

After six years ( SIX YEARS) this is beginning to become like Groundhog Day.

If there are no plans submitted then I’d hazard a guess that COVID , petrol cars and thriving high streets will be a distant memory before anything changes at sixfields (or is it fivefields now we’ve lost the bottom car park?)

Let’s hope that having gone backwards over the last six years we can at last have something to look forward to.

It’s long past the time for spin and waffle and high time for workmen on site.

That’s my two penneth anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28718 on: June 25, 2021, 11:19:16 am »

From memory the trust rolled over and had their tummy tickled and gave up the trusts seat on the board without consulting their membership and are now paying the consequences for doing so
You reap what you sow.

I’d have insisted on any takeover being conditional on fan membership on the board being of paramount importance given the fans worked so hard to achieve the first supporters trust.

If that meant a Phoenix club from scratch then that’s what should have happened.
The fan representation they now crave was the same fan representation they gave up on a whim without first contacting and asking the paid members for their opinion.

The trust can go on all they want about time constraints and having the gun to their head and thus the club would have folded but if they weren’t that concerned about giving up representation six years ago then imo they seem desperate to be relevant and listened to now.

Quite ironic really.

The true implications of giving up the supporters place on the board has only now dawned on them it seems

I said it at the time and il say it now , it was the wrong thing to do and the trust should have disbanded the moment they meekly surrendered the fans representation at board level without first consulting the paid membership of the pros or more pertinently as the trust will now testify the cons of such actions.

You may laugh but it’s fast getting to the point that I can see the supporters trust splitting from the club and setting up a Phoenix club instead which would at least restore their credibility to a degree and could prove more than useful down the line if no future buyer can be found for the present club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #28719 on: June 25, 2021, 11:34:46 am »

If by default or design, the Trust is now pretty much totally independent to the running of the club. The only common interest seems to be supporting the same team on the pitch. The relationship is surely now beyond repair, if it wasn't already.

I never really understood how the Trust went from having a seat on the board (with questionable influence) to being a sound piece for some fans who paid for membership. I'm not sure the benefits of being in the Trust are, other than affiliation to the team. Even with my Beano membership I got a Gnasher badge and pocket diary.
Maybe the Trust are now little more than a 'Mounties mark 2'.
At some point, something went drastically wrong after Brian Lomax first created the Trust movement.

All of that said, there still needs to be challenge and questioning of what is going on (or not going on) in the background. We've been burnt badly before and 6 years later very little has moved forward and the council are never going to bung us another £10m.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 [1436] 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: