The Hotel End
December 08, 2021, 18:53:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 1535   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1185531 times)
random

View Profile
« Reply #29200 on: September 09, 2021, 09:25:20 am »

But the presentation actually had some facts and information in, where as the "professional" NTFC overview had basically none.

Also you need to bear in mind that NTFC are on the inside, they have all the info, they know what they want to, they have all the financing, football funding, cashflow, turnover etc etc

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Akenfenwa best of the bunch since Steve Howard

View Profile
« Reply #29201 on: September 09, 2021, 09:30:40 am »

The whole point is that the Trust is not professional, surely you gather that? Ordinary folk (many of whom are voters!) expressing their views is far more powerful than a property developer shading his aim through a local football team.

You do love Marx type comments, Ďordinary folkí  expressing their views against Property Developers🙃
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29202 on: September 09, 2021, 10:05:20 am »

Sorry Melly, 1 more

So who would you model NTFC on?  What can be achieved?  What should be the ambition?  What would you advise?
Itís quite simple really Random, the difference between you and me is that your frustration at the lack of progress is slightly greater than you fear of losing the club. For me itís the other way around. Over the last 5 or 6 years the club has lost on average around a 100 grand a month give or take. There is nothing in the proposals of the board of the Trust that give me any sort of confidence that this financial gap can be bridged should the current owners walk for a pound. God forbid we g@mble our future on some white elephant stand and a few boxes when we canít fill the ground in the first place. We do not have the money to bank roll the club and carry out the kind of improvements in infrastructure that are being proposed. Until someone comes up with a business plan, model or call it what you will that comes even close to alleviating that concern Iím afraid Iím going to remain sceptical. Attempting to suppress my opinion and everyone else that has these concerns isnít going to unify the support base, and until that happens these proposals ainít going anywhere.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:16:13 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #29203 on: September 09, 2021, 10:05:27 am »

You do love Marx type comments, Ďordinary folkí  expressing their views against Property Developers🙃

You are confusing ordinary folk for the proletariat old bean. The proletariat are too busy fornicating to bother with land exploitation.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Akenfenwa best of the bunch since Steve Howard

View Profile
« Reply #29204 on: September 09, 2021, 10:33:14 am »

You are confusing ordinary folk for the proletariat old bean. The proletariat are too busy fornicating to bother with land exploitation.

You are right, silly me for assuming ordinary folk with the proletariat folk. Apologies to the shades of Karl  Marx Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29205 on: September 09, 2021, 10:49:54 am »

Deepcut, why are you so supportive of owners over fans, just like you were with Cardoza?

Am I, was I?
Show me where I have been supportive of owners over fans...I am also 'a fan'.

Although I have had conversations with individual 'The Trust' board members, I have no ties or had any interactions whatsoever with any owners past or present.
My opinions and observations are constructive criticism based on facts as presented, in order for The Trust to up their game, they are not a personal slight to any organisation or any one, including yourself.
Report Spam   Logged

ďThey shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.Ē Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Clint

View Profile
« Reply #29206 on: September 09, 2021, 11:12:40 am »

Karl or Groucho ??
Report Spam   Logged
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #29207 on: September 09, 2021, 11:53:00 am »

In terms of our recent history (post County Ground) it all went pear shaped the moment a 'mismanaged' (think we are safe to call it mismanaged) loan was handed over to Cardoza and the surrounding land became a bargaining chip. It would surely be less painful to take all of the land off the table, at least then we'd see where we are heading.
If only we did an MK and got some big boys on board to bankroll something a bit more special. Our backward thinking council(s) take the brunt for most of the towns issues, Sixfields and beyond.

I don't think KT and co are the anti-Christ that some make out but they are never going to create an exciting and progressive business and brand. They've had long enough to show some glimmers of that. All we have seen is that we are likely to bounce around the bottom leagues and generate debt. There is clearly an element that don't think they are entitled to make a personal profit off any land deal, without even taking the current debt back. That's not realistic.
As for assurances to the club, I'm not sure what this would look like, unless people want to see a % split?! We don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of past legal financial issues, so forget moral ones!

I really don't know what to think of the Trust. I don't buy the bit about having to run every angle past members because that is what an elected board is for.
If anyone is that passionate and believes the Trust is rotten and beyond reproach, then get together and set up a Trust mark 2.
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29208 on: September 09, 2021, 12:48:44 pm »

In terms of our recent history (post County Ground) it all went pear shaped the moment a 'mismanaged' (think we are safe to call it mismanaged) loan was handed over to Cardoza and the surrounding land became a bargaining chip. It would surely be less painful to take all of the land off the table, at least then we'd see where we are heading.
If only we did an MK and got some big boys on board to bankroll something a bit more special. Our backward thinking council(s) take the brunt for most of the towns issues, Sixfields and beyond.

I don't think KT and co are the anti-Christ that some make out but they are never going to create an exciting and progressive business and brand. They've had long enough to show some glimmers of that. All we have seen is that we are likely to bounce around the bottom leagues and generate debt. There is clearly an element that don't think they are entitled to make a personal profit off any land deal, without even taking the current debt back. That's not realistic.
As for assurances to the club, I'm not sure what this would look like, unless people want to see a % split?! We don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of past legal financial issues, so forget moral ones!

I really don't know what to think of the Trust. I don't buy the bit about having to run every angle past members because that is what an elected board is for.
If anyone is that passionate and believes the Trust is rotten and beyond reproach, then get together and set up a Trust mark 2.
Elected by who Tone, hands up any members who voted for the 2 recent additions to the board. I get that itís not that straightforward but I am just making the point that the board continually leave themselves wide open. For the record I think Simon comes across as a decent guy and given the chance I may well have voted for him. Not quite the point though is it?
Report Spam   Logged

Chairman, Paul Stratford Fan Club, and proud member of the Steve Massey Appreciation Society. (Although refuse to be in his fan club on account of his crap goal celebration in front of The Hotel End when playing for Wrexham)
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29209 on: September 09, 2021, 13:10:19 pm »

Elected by who Tone, hands up any members who voted for the 2 recent additions to the board. I get that itís not that straightforward but I am just making the point that the board continually leave themselves wide open. For the record I think Simon comes across as a decent guy and given the chance I may well have voted for him. Not quite the point though is it?
All this hypothetical backbiting is pointless and a bit like pÓssing in the sea, the trust is made up of fans and the fact of the matter is they are trying to get a better deal for the club.
Your like or quite obvious dislike of the trust is insignificant and completely irrelevant.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29210 on: September 09, 2021, 13:11:17 pm »

So were you there?  What do you mean re "preamble" and what does more professional look like?

No, were you?
Preamble is their opening line which has been reported as being "From the little information we have, it appears that..."
To go to something like this, you need to be confident and fully prepared in order to provide little option but for the WNC to take your version as an accurate/credible account.  
That opening line indicates that The Trust know that they want to oppose/object to something to do with the WNC/NTFC, but don't really know what.  There is no substance or credibility to anything that they have said after that.  A distinct lack of the 6P's principle.  Sad

The current statement/notice is like a schoolkid going to the Headmaster complaining that someone has pinched something or hasn't played by the rules for something, that they are not entirely sure what has been pinched, or what rules they haven't played by and then expecting the Headmaster to get them back or adhere to those rules that they are not sure of.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29211 on: September 09, 2021, 13:21:19 pm »

All this hypothetical backbiting is pointless and a bit like pÓssing in the sea, the trust is made up of fans and the fact of the matter is they are trying to get a better deal for the club.
Your like or quite obvious dislike of the trust is insignificant and completely irrelevant.
I am the Trust Manny, because Iím a member. The board members come and go but their job should be to represent the interests of the membership. They have never asked me to vote on anything ever, and that doesnít sit comfortably with me. Thatís my opinion and as a lifetime member Iím entitled. Not having a go mate
Report Spam   Logged

random

View Profile
« Reply #29212 on: September 09, 2021, 13:47:02 pm »

Thanks Deepcut for your explanation.

The "little information" is a big part of the issues, hence the 25 questions.  KT has chosen to keep the majority of the fans well and truly in the dark

There was a 35+ slides of ideas, facts, concerns and much more with the meeting, so I think they got enough of the story from the Trust's point of view, on what their objections are.

There is just no need for you to try and belittle the efforts.

I assume that you accuse the owners of the same... no substance and creditability, especially bearing in mind they are in control and have all the information on what they are planning

Report Spam   Logged
random

View Profile
« Reply #29213 on: September 09, 2021, 13:49:22 pm »

Am I, was I?
Show me where I have been supportive of owners over fans...I am also 'a fan'.

Although I have had conversations with individual 'The Trust' board members, I have no ties or had any interactions whatsoever with any owners past or present.
My opinions and observations are constructive criticism based on facts as presented, in order for The Trust to up their game, they are not a personal slight to any organisation or any one, including yourself.

I can show you plenty of examples of your sniping posts at the fans (ie The Trust and others) whilst cannot find any aimed at the owners.
Report Spam   Logged
SadOldGit

View Profile
« Reply #29214 on: September 09, 2021, 13:54:52 pm »

I am the Trust Manny, because Iím a member. The board members come and go but their job should be to represent the interests of the membership. They have never asked me to vote on anything ever, and that doesnít sit comfortably with me. Thatís my opinion and as a lifetime member Iím entitled. Not having a go mate

In that case get in touch with the Trust and express your views. Things don't change just because you want them to. Alternatively contact WNC or whoever personally and present your own opinion. Constantly undermining the only body that is making an effort in all of this shambles to highlight concerns by spouting negatives on a two-bit forum is pointless.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #29215 on: September 09, 2021, 14:10:57 pm »

I've said this many times, while I'm fundamentally opposed to the Trust's (or rather the Trust board's) stance regarding the redevelopment, I've always thought they are acting with the best intentions. That said, I think that their incompetence, naivety and generalised idealism is going to end up doing more harm than good to the football club, but that's another matter; I've always thought they meant well.

I've just read a number of comments on the Trust's Facebook post about the latest meeting and I think that "best intentions" part might be going down the pan. They seem to be developing a bunker mentality and just lashing out at anyone who challenges them (and I'm getting the feeling that most people DON'T now support their current stance). One guy on there would appear to be an accountant and is challenging them on their accounts. I've no idea who is right and who isn't, but this was the response from one of the Trust board members:

If, hypothetically, a qualified accountant publishes deliberately incorrect information in the public domain (such as £14K on office expenses when it was in fact £6,900), this is a potential breach of the IESBA Code of Ethics in respect of (a) professional behaviour and (b) integrity, both of which are fundamental principles as clearly explained in the ICAEW rule book.

That to me isn't part of a balanced debate, it's a veiled threat and a pretty unpleasant one at that.

This is the organisation that is meant to represent the fans.

If a fan challenges them, they are entitled to do so and should certainly not expect to receive this sort of a response if they do. I can't help but think that if the Trust feel under fire, instead of circling the wagons they would be better advised to have a long hard look at why so many of the people they claim to represent feel the need to "attack" them in the first place.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #29216 on: September 09, 2021, 14:16:54 pm »

In that case get in touch with the Trust and express your views. Things don't change just because you want them to. Alternatively contact WNC or whoever personally and present your own opinion. Constantly undermining the only body that is making an effort in all of this shambles to highlight concerns by spouting negatives on a two-bit forum is pointless.
To be fair the observation is correct, despite being a lifetime member my opinion is insignificant and completely irrelevant. FYI I have emailed the Trust directly with my views upon receipt of their email. If the board are confident of their position then they should welcome any challenge to their position and the opportunity to respond, thatís how you build confidence and reassurance. Members that have concerns and fears have a right to voice them and have them addressed, thatís what inclusivity is all about. Somebody please tell me why this is inappropriate?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 14:19:29 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #29217 on: September 09, 2021, 15:23:43 pm »

To be fair the observation is correct, despite being a lifetime member my opinion is insignificant and completely irrelevant. FYI I have emailed the Trust directly with my views upon receipt of their email. If the board are confident of their position then they should welcome any challenge to their position and the opportunity to respond, thatís how you build confidence and reassurance. Members that have concerns and fears have a right to voice them and have them addressed, thatís what inclusivity is all about. Somebody please tell me why this is inappropriate?
Who said it was inappropriate?
You and your small band of cohorts seem to want to belittle the trust at every opportunity, perhaps you should get together and buy a chip shop, youíll never run out of raw materials.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #29218 on: September 09, 2021, 15:34:43 pm »

Can someone quickly recap how the Trust went from having a seat on the club board to losing it....and whether this is an underlying issue/cause of bad feeling since it happened.
On a previous comment...I didn't realise the Trust board weren't elected/re-elected by the wider membership.
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29219 on: September 09, 2021, 15:44:42 pm »

I can show you plenty of examples of your sniping posts at the fans (ie The Trust and others) whilst cannot find any aimed at the owners.

It's not 'sniping', it's Constructive Criticism.
I have had disagreements with individual fans, but that is what this message board is for, we all have differing opinions.  I have never let that spill over into anything of a personal nature nor never accused anyone of supporting one side or the other.

However, I have never once demeaned or criticised the intent of The Trust, just their methods of attempting to achieve that intent which, in my opinion, has once again fallen short of the standard that should be expected of our representative body.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 [1461] 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 ... 1535   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: