The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 00:47:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821152 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #29900 on: November 04, 2021, 15:33:47 pm »

Surely, it's in our owners best interest to get the East Stand completed asap, as only then can they start work on their "other" project...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2021, 15:36:18 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #29901 on: November 04, 2021, 16:39:47 pm »

Struggling to get my head around why three more years would be needed?

I suspect that’s PR - lower expectations and then deliver a bit sooner so they can airbrush the previous unacceptable delays from history knowing people have short memories.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29902 on: November 04, 2021, 17:41:52 pm »

I’d like to see the estimates for remediation because unless they are building a nuclear power plant they won’t be able to build much on it.

The figure that i've heard sort of confirms that!!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #29903 on: November 04, 2021, 22:46:46 pm »

If the timescale is 3-5 years to complete then how long before any expansion of North/South? Decades? We'll never fill in the corners. A completed East will give us a capacity of around 8,000 with the extras being corporate seating. That's not enough to be competitive at the top of end of League One. I'd really like to see the North and South stands doubled with better covered facilities to help generate income as well. Get us to 10,000 at least with room for 1800-2000 away fans. It would then look like a decent stadium and give us greater chance of sustaining League One and even a punt of the top end of it.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29904 on: November 05, 2021, 00:23:21 am »

If the timescale is 3-5 years to complete then how long before any expansion of North/South? Decades? We'll never fill in the corners. A completed East will give us a capacity of around 8,000 with the extras being corporate seating. That's not enough to be competitive at the top of end of League One. I'd really like to see the North and South stands doubled with better covered facilities to help generate income as well. Get us to 10,000 at least with room for 1800-2000 away fans. It would then look like a decent stadium and give us greater chance of sustaining League One and even a punt of the top end of it.

You will have the option for a 2000+ seat community centre/clubhouse expansion of the north stand before the end of this season. If we gain enough subscribers which we are confident of it should be in place for 23/24 season. Read back from 1491.

The prospectus for the Trust/NHE/ to present to the club should be available by early spring hopefully sooner.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #29905 on: November 05, 2021, 11:45:53 am »

You will have the option for a 2000+ seat community centre/clubhouse expansion of the north stand before the end of this season. If we gain enough subscribers which we are confident of it should be in place for 23/24 season. Read back from 1491.

The prospectus for the Trust/NHE/ to present to the club should be available by early spring hopefully sooner.
Sorry, I know already mentioned somewhere but, the proposed subscription would be an initial £500 followed by how much again?
Also, where, when and who are the pledges made?

Would of course be interested.
Report Spam   Logged
WadeyCobbler

View Profile
Mobile User Windows User Combination
« Reply #29906 on: November 05, 2021, 12:29:45 pm »

Great idea that. Really hope it gets traction. Still feel we miss out an away fans though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29907 on: November 05, 2021, 12:32:49 pm »

Sorry, I know already mentioned somewhere but, the proposed subscription would be an initial £500 followed by how much again?
Also, where, when and who are the pledges made?

Would of course be interested.

Hi Coolcat, no problem at all, I don’t mind repeating it as I think we will hear a lot about it in the coming months. We made initial contact today with both the Trust and NHE project so we look forward to their replies.

There are many rough edges to smooth out and we are some way off completion so I don’t want to offer this up the complete package too early but to finance this project we need 2000 subscribers “Club 2000 members”

The aim is to sell the minimum required number of “seats” to initially finance the project these people will become Club 2000 members and receive lifetime benefits from this unique project.

To become a Club 2000 member you buy a seat in the Upper Tier. The cost of the seat is £1500 Payable in 3 x 6 month intervals.

Club 2000 members will all receive amongst other benefits.

•   Their chosen name engraved within the glass on the Upper Tier Clubhouse concourse.
•   First option on purchasing match day tickets for the Upper Tier.
•   15% Discount on all Clubhouse products and services (brewery, restaurant, private room, function hire or facilities)
•   Priority booking for live events.
•   Match day or event parking.

As I say this is a very sneak preview but I can confirm 12 of these "seats" are sold already.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29908 on: November 05, 2021, 12:40:01 pm »

Good evening from Thailand, I will hang on a while for any direct questions i can answer.

No promises.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29909 on: November 05, 2021, 13:08:59 pm »

Hi Coolcat, no problem at all, I don’t mind repeating it as I think we will hear a lot about it in the coming months. We made initial contact today with both the Trust and NHE project so we look forward to their replies.

There are many rough edges to smooth out and we are some way off completion so I don’t want to offer this up the complete package too early but to finance this project we need 2000 subscribers “Club 2000 members”

The aim is to sell the minimum required number of “seats” to initially finance the project these people will become Club 2000 members and receive lifetime benefits from this unique project.

To become a Club 2000 member you buy a seat in the Upper Tier. The cost of the seat is £1500 Payable in 3 x 6 month intervals.

•   Their chosen name engraved within the glass on the Upper Tier Clubhouse concourse.
•   15% Discount on all Clubhouse products and services (brewery, restaurant, private room, function hire or facilities)

As I say this is a very sneak preview but I can confirm 12 of these "seats" are sold already.

I wish you luck with this but I think you'll be hard pressed to find nearly 2000 people with £1500 burning a hole in their pocket that they'd be willing to invest in this, given all they really get for it personally is a discount card.

Bear in mind we only get what, approx 3000 season ticket holders (which must average out well under £300 per head when you factor in concessions and freebies for under 7s) and a lot of those people have to use finance options in order to afford just those.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3429

« Reply #29910 on: November 05, 2021, 13:26:09 pm »

I wish you luck with this but I think you'll be hard pressed to find nearly 2000 people with £1500 burning a hole in their pocket that they'd be willing to invest in this, given all they really get for it personally is a discount card.

Bear in mind we only get what, approx 3000 season ticket holders (which must average out well under £300 per head when you factor in concessions and freebies for under 7s) and a lot of those people have to use finance options in order to afford just those.

The idea kicked off by the NHE project for local bands and events has ignited most interest here. The location being a football stadium is released from many of the restrictions you would find with a town/city centre location and offers many opportunities, its location is also paramount. We don't expect all subscribers to be wanting a seat as such, and therefore the seats will mostly be available for general sale to the football club.

Our "group" envisage a vibrant and exciting venue opportunity for all. Some will not be interested in football at all. We are not selling 23-30 days of football we are selling an option to be first to all the events on offer.

This project essentially gives the football club 2000 extra seats for free.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #29911 on: November 05, 2021, 13:32:49 pm »

Steve, if we make the new north the same as the West, which for me it has to be so we can fill the corners at a later date then the upper tier will have a theoretical capacity of about 1200.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3429

« Reply #29912 on: November 05, 2021, 13:43:18 pm »

Steve, if we make the new north the same as the West, which for me it has to be so we can fill the corners at a later date then the upper tier will have a theoretical capacity of about 1200.

Absolutely understand where you are coming from but this has to be a "standalone".

The new addition will be over 60 metres long, the full width of the pitch and higher than the west stand with the brewery taking pride of place in the east corner so much longer than the existing north stand, some of those ghastly existing gaps will disappear. The initial plans look amazing.

There will be plenty of room for the club to fill in other corners if they wish with the money gained form the Clubhouse.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #29913 on: November 05, 2021, 13:57:29 pm »

Where will the match day parking be?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29914 on: November 05, 2021, 13:58:15 pm »

The planned design incorporates many of the materials and style of the west stand, buff stone, circular windows glass etc but gives it a serious 2022 facelift (and a balcony).

We absolutely want it to compliment, even taking the new east stand into consideration.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29915 on: November 05, 2021, 14:04:33 pm »

Where will the match day parking be?

With the loss of the north car park a new roadway and associated parking follows closer to the bowl profile with new steps installed.

All Club 2000 members will receive free parking at the stadium for games and events.

If guaranteed parking is your motive you can buy a seat if you wish.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29916 on: November 05, 2021, 14:08:28 pm »

Total admiration for the initial vision, passion and drive to try and get this off the ground. The key is going to be sponsorship from small businesses and prospective beneficiaries rather than individuals. As someone else stated it is highly unlikely to be via engagement of current fans as such, certainly not the majority of the £1500 sums. It's a sizeable amount of financial commitment for an average Cobblers fan, on top of what it alread costs to follow the team home and away. I'm sure this will be covered but you'll also need assurances of where the money is kept and guarantees on the return in investment if it doesn't happen in a certain time frame. The going rate seems to be 10 years plus  Tongue

It'd be good if the club bought in (as they will clearly benefit) and throw in something like a 20% ST discount for the next 5 years?

Well done SMM, especially from the other side of the world.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #29917 on: November 05, 2021, 14:30:04 pm »

Steve,
Maybe also check out local organisations such as The Stables. Great things can be achieved and they have a dedicated band of subscribers and volunteers.
It may be over 50 years old but started with an initial vision. Hopefully a local org/promoter comes up with a decent cheque to get it off the ground.

https://stables.org/about-us
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29918 on: November 05, 2021, 14:31:02 pm »

Total admiration for the initial vision, passion and drive to try and get this off the ground. The key is going to be sponsorship from small businesses and prospective beneficiaries rather than individuals. As someone else stated it is highly unlikely to be via engagement of current fans as such, certainly not the majority of the £1500 sums. It's a sizeable amount of financial commitment for an average Cobblers fan, on top of what it alread costs to follow the team home and away. I'm sure this will be covered but you'll also need assurances of where the money is kept and guarantees on the return in investment if it doesn't happen in a certain time frame. The going rate seems to be 10 years plus  Tongue

It'd be good if the club bought in (as they will clearly benefit) and throw in something like a 20% ST discount for the next 5 years?

Thanks Tone. Ill take a look,

This is not going to be a football stand, this is to be used as a venue and what has ignited the prospect from our angle. A football stand sits miserably grey for 335 days a year if lucky. From the pitch however it will look as amazing as any two tier executive box stand sits.

Buying a seat may be slightly misleading, buying a guaranteed ticket to events being held is more appropriate.

I sit amongst some big hitters here involved with the headline festivals, music scene at home. Camden pub owners, the such like. Given the clubs location and accessibility and the option to build a purpose built 2000+ venue with designed sound. Promise me we can sell 2000 "seats" when this goes public. This is the dream venue opportunity with a guaranteed 46,000 customer head start. Hello? It just happens to have 2000 seats on the roof!

The money driven from this will ensure a superb welcoming all day venue for me and you to meet on match days, or any day of the week year round.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #29919 on: November 05, 2021, 14:34:45 pm »

I think its a great initiative, I (personally) was/am also very supportive of Tom's ideas, even though there were aspects I felt were non starters. That said, the detail will come out as the project evolves so I didn't see the point in slamming it like some others chose to on social media. I run my own business and find that people can be so God dam negative, these days I choose to try and be much more positive than I used to be and it definitely helps my mental health!

There's a lot of ways this project could be financed. Personally (again without knowing the detail as such), I think finding 2000 people (either Cobblers fans, event fans or a combination) to 'invest' 1500quid each over 18months to be on the optimistic side. Id be thinking something along the lines of 750 people finding 500quid a year over 4 years (1.5 million), and a mixture of grants and local businesses funding 750k and the other 750k coming from the owners. Unless of course there was a tangible benefit (ie free season ticket for x period) which of course would then be counter productive if it was a total outsourced project with no club involvement.

Either way, Ill probably join the party. I look forward to seeing the plans when they are released in the coming months. Good luck everyone involved!

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1489 1490 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 [1496] 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: