The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 06:54:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 [1879] 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 ... 2198   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1841282 times)
BedsCobb

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #37560 on: November 24, 2022, 13:16:46 pm »

No your not, but then it boils down to individuals prepared to gift a club the money to develop. We’ve just had our 125th anniversary and are still waiting. The real concern is how they fund it. If it’s a straight donation then no problem, if it’s via a third party like, well us, you can be weeks from the abyss if things go pear shaped. Hardly Shangri-la.
There's 100s of individuals/consortium/fan led initiatives that work wonders at all levels of British football, what I would like to see is one or two of those initiatives to finally break free from the absolute time wasting cdnl/ thomas who has for 8 years proved time and again to be exactly what our club doesn't need, the sooner he gets gone the quicker our club starts improving.

You have shown a very strange stance where for you anyone properly investing in a football club is a very bad thing, either by a wealthy owner or consortium,  if these folk have lots of money or invest in ways of improving trading to at least a break even figure, then surely that's better than being stuck with greedy land investors these past 2 decades?
We are still a 4th division club in an tiny archaic shambles of a ground, so you have to agree backing cdnl to scope up the land is foolhardy in the extreme.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #37561 on: November 24, 2022, 13:18:52 pm »

There's 100s of individuals/consortium/fan led initiatives that work wonders at all levels of British football,
Name 3
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #37562 on: November 24, 2022, 13:55:30 pm »

Name 3
I'll put the same question to yourself regarding starving children in Africa...or are you denying they exist too?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #37563 on: November 24, 2022, 14:04:02 pm »

There's 100s of individuals/consortium/fan led initiatives that work wonders at all levels of British football, what I would like to see is one or two of those initiatives to finally break free from the absolute time wasting cdnl/ thomas who has for 8 years proved time and again to be exactly what our club doesn't need, the sooner he gets gone the quicker our club starts improving.

You have shown a very strange stance where for you anyone properly investing in a football club is a very bad thing, either by a wealthy owner or consortium,  if these folk have lots of money or invest in ways of improving trading to at least a break even figure, then surely that's better than being stuck with greedy land investors these past 2 decades?
We are still a 4th division club in an tiny archaic shambles of a ground, so you have to agree backing cdnl to scope up the land is foolhardy in the extreme.
Afternoon Dopey, sorry, I’m out.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3481

« Reply #37564 on: November 24, 2022, 14:18:58 pm »

I'll put the same question to yourself regarding starving children in Africa...or are you denying they exist too?
This has to be a joke question surely.
Although, I'll give you 146 million people.
https://www.redcross.org.uk/stories/disasters-and-emergencies/world/africa-hunger-crisis-100-million-struggling-to-eat

So about these 3 (or hundreds)  individuals/consortium/fan led initiatives that work wonders
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #37565 on: November 24, 2022, 14:45:43 pm »

I think the ones that are working wonders are perhaps Peterboroughs owners who are trying to get fans to buy unsecured bonds at £500 a go despite being in Division 1 with a £20 million debt. That’s turned out to be as popular with the support base as rats vomit. Or perhaps Milton Keynes despite having a stadium that is the “envy of the football world” are facing relegation back to division 2 with a 12 million debt? What an “investment” that was. Or perhaps Brighton who have to their credit worked a miracle in finding someone prepared to “invest” £400 million to build that stadium and live the dream all the way to the Prem. There is a reason we haven’t found anyone prepared to do that. Disappointingly there are about as many people in the financial position to “invest” £400 million as Beds has brain cells.
For the those still struggling with English:

investment; the action or process of investing money for profit.

donation: the act or an instance of donating: such as
a: the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b: a free contribution / gift

Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Substitute
Pat McGatt

View Profile
Combination Poll Voter Level 3
« Reply #37566 on: November 24, 2022, 15:48:55 pm »

There is water on the concourse now. Dripping threw the lining.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's Swell The Facilities
guest3481

« Reply #37567 on: November 24, 2022, 15:59:09 pm »

https://twitter.com/ntfc/status/1595795934604103680?s=20&t=qD90D7HM55khrlxGH8TuHg

See the comments  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #37568 on: November 24, 2022, 16:02:08 pm »

Not a bitter vintage at all  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37569 on: November 24, 2022, 16:55:51 pm »

Name 3
There's 91 other league clubs, many have progressive,  club orientated owners who are not all about sucking out the marrow from the sun bleached bones of a poorly performing community club..They build up their respective clubs to play at a level that reflects the size of the town and its potential ...waiting 8 years rotting on the vine isn't what Northampton Town fc need., despite the protestations of London, Tucson,  Singapore or any other cdnl fanatics..

Time for change..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3481

« Reply #37570 on: November 24, 2022, 16:57:38 pm »

There's 91 other league clubs, many have progressive,  club orientated owners who are not all about sucking out the marrow from the sun bleached bones of a poorly performing community club..They build up their respective clubs to play at a level that reflects the size of the town and its potential ...waiting 8 years rotting on the vine isn't what Northampton Town fc need., despite the protestations of London, Tucson,  Singapore or any other cdnl fanatics..

Time for change..
Thanks for that.... so name 3?

FGR? Accrington? Wycombe? Exeter? Lincoln?
Just curious where the bar is
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #37571 on: November 24, 2022, 17:19:28 pm »

Not a bitter vintage at all  Evil

I suppose there’s always going to be a degree of frustration. When some bloke from over 5000 miles away appears to be given them a lesson in drumming up support for your cause.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3548

« Reply #37572 on: November 24, 2022, 17:33:29 pm »

TFAMH, like that Florida based bloke dancing rings round them as well?
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
« Reply #37573 on: November 24, 2022, 17:51:04 pm »

I think the ones that are working wonders are perhaps Peterboroughs owners who are trying to get fans to buy unsecured bonds at £500 a go despite being in Division 1 with a £20 million debt. That’s turned out to be as popular with the support base as rats vomit. Or perhaps Milton Keynes despite having a stadium that is the “envy of the football world” are facing relegation back to division 2 with a 12 million debt? What an “investment” that was. Or perhaps Brighton who have to their credit worked a miracle in finding someone prepared to “invest” £400 million to build that stadium and live the dream all the way to the Prem. There is a reason we haven’t found anyone prepared to do that. Disappointingly there are about as many people in the financial position to “invest” £400 million as Beds has brain cells.
For the those still struggling with English:

investment; the action or process of investing money for profit.

donation: the act or an instance of donating: such as
a: the making of a gift especially to a charity or public institution
b: a free contribution / gift

You really struggle with the concept of  investment into a football club  growing its infrastructure to improve  earning potential...
Nobody said anything about investing a Gazillion pound into  a league 2 club other than you and to a degree Thomas when he had to play down expectations after a few weeks at our club...

You might not realise it but there are rich owners, wealthy consortium and well organised fan led fund raising initiatives that any can in a small way get our club moving in the right direction,  which is what we all want..
Only many have put too much faith into Thomas and co doing right by ntfc, which after 8 years are clearly backing the wrong horse.
Unfortunately none of these options can be open to NTFC while in CDNL are after the land at the ground.

Your exaggerated figures and the highlighting of troubled clubs have no relevance to what ntfc need and show me you haven't really much of a clue, despite all your copy and pasting and rudeness shown when you yet again get found out. 😉
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #37574 on: November 24, 2022, 18:06:52 pm »

Time for change..
Oh the irony.. like asking you to change your rhetoric.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #37575 on: November 24, 2022, 18:33:56 pm »

I’m not sure if many of you follow Accrington Stanley’s owner on Twitter but he seems a decent person. Really transparent on how the club is run and gives details on plans, budgets etc. Saw that they’ve taken £350k on their bar from 5 games end of last season and homes games so far this season.

Link for reference
https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/1595540005245558800?s=46&t=IJA5echpP7wzQqMU_bmvpw

I can’t imagine we’ve got anywhere close to this and they have average attendance of 3200.

If the East Stand is going to continue to drag on as we know it will then maybe the club should build out the West Stand to extend the bar and hospitality areas. Or switch home and away ends and build out behind the South stand for a proper supporters bar. I tend to go in local pubs as the experience in Carrs is mostly queuing and crap but given a better experience I’d spend my money in the club pre and post match rather than rush to get away like most of us do.

One game
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/this-is-how-much-was-spent-over-the-bar-when-sheffield-wednesday-fans-went-to-accrington-stanley-3931077

No pro or anti trust / pro or anti cdnl view just an opinion.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2022, 19:00:18 pm by Zen Master » Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3481

« Reply #37576 on: November 24, 2022, 19:05:43 pm »

I’m not sure if many of you follow Accrington Stanley’s owner on Twitter but he seems a decent person. Really transparent on how the club is run and gives details on plans, budgets etc. Saw that they’ve taken £350k on their bar from 5 games end of last season and homes games so far this season.

Link for reference
https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/1595540005245558800?s=46&t=IJA5echpP7wzQqMU_bmvpw

I can’t imagine we’ve got anywhere close to this and they have average attendance of 3200.

If the East Stand is going to continue to drag on as we know it will then maybe the club should build out the West Stand to extend the bar and hospitality areas. Or switch home and away ends and build out behind the South stand for a proper supporters bar. I tend to go in local pubs as the experience in Carrs is mostly queuing and crap but given a better experience I’d spend my money in the club pre and post match rather than rush to get away like most of us do.

One game
https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/this-is-how-much-was-spent-over-the-bar-when-sheffield-wednesday-fans-went-to-accrington-stanley-3931077

No pro or anti trust / pro or anti cdnl view just an opinion.
Thats impressive, doing some very quick (and probably wrong) maths thats between 3000 - 4000 pints a game.
Can that be right? £350,000. £5 a pint. 13 home games, 18 if you include pre season.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #37577 on: November 24, 2022, 19:14:53 pm »

Probably included some pork scratchings as well.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #37578 on: November 24, 2022, 19:17:09 pm »

Can that be right? £350,000. £5 a pint. 13 home games, 18 if you include pre season.
£5 a pint in Accrington, you would get laughed out of town charging that.

I've suggested extending Carr's Bar a number of times only to be told it's not viable. Suggested a block structure out to the road, not viable, suggested an awning over the decking, not viable, suggested going to Carlsberg and saying put us an awning up and plaster Carlsberg all over it, cost to NTFC nothing, ignored !!
  There was a meeting in Carrs a while back which JW attended, he did get a couple more TV's and BT Sport, but nothing happened to the rest of the ideas, some would have given NTFC a reasonable return  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #37579 on: November 24, 2022, 19:17:52 pm »

Taken from Andy Holts thread on Twitter.

In season 14-15 we had 26,831 total home attendance.

So far in new bars we have sold 27,781 pints of Madri alone.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 1874 1875 1876 1877 1878 [1879] 1880 1881 1882 1883 1884 1885 1886 ... 2198   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: