The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:18:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820676 times)
Mistical

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #780 on: April 10, 2014, 12:54:48 pm »

Makes sense, we can't fill 7,600, so there's not point in increasing to 10,000 unless fans like seeing rows and rows of empty seats?
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:07 pm »

For me, when we need to increase the capacity I would like to see the North & South Stands double in size.

Now I'm not a builder but I wouldn't have thought that was that big of a job?
Report Spam   Logged

DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #782 on: April 10, 2014, 12:57:14 pm »

hmmm....gives my conspiracy theory about why season ticket announcements were put back some more diesel! No real creative marketing opportunities and to be honest, no white elephant if we go down.

It still means that championship aspirations are a pie in the sky (regardless of this seasons outcome) because unless the capacity is significantly increased we will never be able to compete higher than the middle of league1. Look at the clubs up there and you will see what I mean (league1 top6). *exception Leyton Orient but they will be back to their usual level some time soon

As I said, 12million quid...buys you a lot of bricks. Thats me done on the subject though, I've said my bit.
Report Spam   Logged
AbingtonAve

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 10, 2014, 13:03:34 pm »

I'm getting the feeling that we have backed the wrong horse with the Cardozas. Instead of marching in support we should have been looking at ways to get rid of them.

Have the fans been consulted at all in this process about what they want out of a redeveloped stadium?

I can foresee the Cardoza's reign at the club being looked at as a disaster and we'll be complaining about this redevelopment to years to come.

We'll see.
Report Spam   Logged
betamax toploader

THAT MONEY WAS THERE FOR OUR CLUB

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: April 10, 2014, 13:05:13 pm »

There you go then....straight from the mouth of DC...capacity only up to around 8.5k max.

4-6 boxes in the West Stand and 10-12 boxes in the East Stand.
There is still plenty of time for this to be downsized.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

To baldly go where no Betamax has gone before...
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #785 on: April 10, 2014, 13:10:49 pm »

For me, when we need to increase the capacity I would like to see the North & South Stands double in size.

Now I'm not a builder but I wouldn't have thought that was that big of a job?

It's not. Even before the Cardoza reign it was made explicitly clear that is very simple to put another tier on the North/South stands. People won't remember this or will ignore it though.
Report Spam   Logged
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 10, 2014, 13:29:01 pm »

David Cardoza is at this Football club for 1 reason and 1 reason only.....to make money!!!!

The sooner he builds his houses and gets his money back with some profit and f**ks off the better. He got lucky appointing Colin Calderwood who achieved success on the pitch other than that his reign at the top of the club has been one disaster after another.

We are now in the worst possible position we have ever been on the pitch, as at least back in the 90's we had no money so accepted we were going to be down the bottom. This year we are supposed to have a TOP 6 budget yet we have been in the bottom 2 for over 6 months.

I know lots of people think im being negative with my anti DC rumblings but ive had enough and want the man to leave before its to late.
Report Spam   Logged

I can't think of anything funny to write here
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #787 on: April 10, 2014, 13:34:18 pm »

David Cardoza is at this Football club for 1 reason and 1 reason only.....to make money!!!!

The sooner he builds his houses and gets his money back with some profit and f**ks off the better. He got lucky appointing Colin Calderwood who achieved success on the pitch other than that his reign at the top of the club has been one disaster after another.

We are now in the worst possible position we have ever been on the pitch, as at least back in the 90's we had no money so accepted we were going to be down the bottom. This year we are supposed to have a TOP 6 budget yet we have been in the bottom 2 for over 6 months.

I know lots of people think im being negative with my anti DC rumblings but ive had enough and want the man to leave before its to late.

And who would you like in his place Huh?? Also, he provides the budget and the Manager spends it - so if you want to blame someone, blame Aidy Boothroyd, Gary Johnson etc.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #788 on: April 10, 2014, 13:43:28 pm »

Question for the club:

As it's cardozas own company doing the building work, how does the price he is charging ntfc compare to industry standard for similar work and will the profit that his firm make be deducted from the debt ntfc owes cardoza? Or is it a nice little extra?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 10, 2014, 13:47:15 pm »

And who would you like in his place Huh?? Also, he provides the budget and the Manager spends it - so if you want to blame someone, blame Aidy Boothroyd, Gary Johnson etc.

He employed the managers so ultimately the buck stops with him. maybe its time he took more control over how the budget is spent as clearly the people he employs cant be trusted with it.

and as you asked it wont be a popular and would never happen but i'd like Barry Fry to run this club, hes managed a £24 million net profit in player sales at the pish. He knows football and how to run a club
Report Spam   Logged

Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 10, 2014, 13:48:46 pm »

Question for the club:

As it's cardozas own company doing the building work, how does the price he is charging ntfc compare to industry standard for similar work and will the profit that his firm make be deducted from the debt ntfc owes cardoza? Or is it a nice little extra?

I think we all know the answer to that one....but don't forget he saved the club!!!
Report Spam   Logged

DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #791 on: April 10, 2014, 13:59:09 pm »

More information thanks to BBC Northampton....

Conference centre going on the west stand, hotel still happening. Option to increase capacity to 15k if needs be in the future.

Don't really get the furore. On the very first plans the West was the one that had the conference centre, that's what's happening now.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #792 on: April 10, 2014, 14:14:19 pm »

So how long before architectural drawings and detailed planning permission is submitted? Before the end of the season or after our fate is known? Why bother submitting plans then change them after they are approved?
 If we go down would we then postpone stadium changes and just get on with the houses where the largest return would be?
Who knows and I'm starting not to care either.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Iest_ntfc

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 10, 2014, 14:23:04 pm »

So how long before architectural drawings and detailed planning permission is submitted? Before the end of the season or after our fate is known? Why bother submitting plans then change them after they are approved?
 If we go down would we then postpone stadium changes and just get on with the houses where the largest return would be?
Who knows and I'm starting not to care either.

Same here, i'm at about 95% of not giving a s***.
Report Spam   Logged

Poggy

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Level 5
« Reply #794 on: April 10, 2014, 14:54:31 pm »

We could have the best budget in the league but it doesn't matter when the direction from the top is so poor.

Like Karl, I also have some serious concerns over how the proposed works have been procured. Has anyone independent of the Contractor been instructed to monitor the works?

If the chairman's handling of a construction project is anything a bad as the way he runs a football club then god help us. 

Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #795 on: April 10, 2014, 14:55:40 pm »

Not at all and I think you may be in a sizeable and growing minority. If we lose our league status, the rest doesn't really matter. Our track record of running a successful business isn't great, so don't fancy our chances of making a 24/7 money spinner from a few boxes and prawn sandwiches.
No one would convince me that one person can be so unlucky to recruit so many managers who have failed so badly, some who have enjoyed considerable success before and/or after. It won't have a happy ending. Right, I'm off to slash my wrists.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #796 on: April 10, 2014, 14:58:43 pm »

It's not. Even before the Cardoza reign it was made explicitly clear that is very simple to put another tier on the North/South stands. People won't remember this or will ignore it though.

A mate of my dad's worked on the design of Sixfields back in the early 90s, and my understanding of it is that the north and south stands were always meant to be semi-temporary, and were designed so that the roof could be taken off, a second tier of equal size literally 'bolted on' and then the roof put back on again, at a relatively low cost. That would be an extra 1,600 seats straight away.
Report Spam   Logged

Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #797 on: April 10, 2014, 15:01:51 pm »

I want Cardoza out.

He's lost my trust and confidence completely.
Report Spam   Logged
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #798 on: April 10, 2014, 15:04:45 pm »

A mate of my dad's worked on the design of Sixfields back in the early 90s, and my understanding of it is that the north and south stands were always meant to be semi-temporary, and were designed so that the roof could be taken off, a second tier of equal size literally 'bolted on' and then the roof put back on again, at a relatively low cost. That would be an extra 1,600 seats straight away.
Also I heard that the foundations are under the car parks for this to happen. You only have to look at the stands and you can see they are semi-tempory.
Report Spam   Logged
Kingsthorpe Cobbler

« Reply #799 on: April 10, 2014, 15:15:15 pm »

I want Cardoza out.

He's lost my trust and confidence completely.

Complete and utter garbage.

Anyhow, lets talk about more important things like keeping our team in the football league and let the redevelopment take care of itself shall we.   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: