The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:01:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819743 times)
BedsCobb and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.
lift tower

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #980 on: April 15, 2014, 19:42:01 pm »

To the credit of the H&P journo he asked the questions  as requested at last Thursdays press conf,
and got the desperate news .  The Chairman said iirc, was rushing things through and that there's no more money for extra capacity, but a nice big arsed directors box will be going in at the back of the west.

Regarding attendances over the previous 20 years.
 Having done little marketing and promotional work to reintroduce the club to the people of Northampton. Also zero advertising through local media, papers radio stations and posters leaflets as seen at other clubs.
Zero promotional stands at the local shopping areas, where merchandise could be sold and special match day offers could be targeted at families groups or just kids birthday outings to watch professional football.
 Zero Offices and work place specials, Nights out at the football with work colleagues, very popular at most progressive clubs....etc etc I thought none of these were happening as we were waiting for the extra capacity. Cant see much change happening in the marketing department.

What I would like to see which is very feasible with some of our 12 million is the east stand built as the nice picture, giving us a 10,000 capacity, which could allow us to offer up to 3000 visitors seats if required
Then it would be realistic to extend the north and south as and when we achieve a few promotions. But what we've been offered is a frigging p1ss take.

Come Mr Chairman, sort it out and stick to the plans and all will be forgiven.
Email him your suggestions. It maybe true he reads this site but theres always the chance he lost the will to live during one of the everbrite/marvo arguments.

I expect when the work is done and the stadium is looking all nice and done up then there will be a big official reopening and plenty of promotional work then.
Report Spam   Logged

DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #981 on: April 15, 2014, 19:43:25 pm »

Hope you're right lift tower, about the big PR/Marketing exercise etc. It's an area the club has always struggled in.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 15, 2014, 19:58:41 pm »

I expect when the work is done and the stadium is looking all nice and done up then there will be a big official reopening and plenty of promotional work then.

I think it's this delusional spirit that keeps us coming back year after year Grin
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 15, 2014, 20:16:41 pm »

I think it's this delusional spirit that keeps us coming back year after year Grin
Grin this time last year I was dreaming of double promotions to the championship
Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #984 on: April 15, 2014, 20:30:05 pm »

We've been below the top two divisions for 114 of the 117 years we've been in existence, unless someone like an Abramovich turns up on our doorstep I guess that's where we'll stay.

This is a desperately sad comment. I am really sorry you approach the future in this way.

We've always been pretty mediocre so lets not expect that NTFC could one day be an established Championship club eh? I'm sure when Rotherham will be thinking exactly along those lines when they reach the second tier in the next few years.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 15, 2014, 20:31:05 pm »

You're labouring under the illusion that my argument is about a few seats.

I argued, as you well know for many years that we would end up in the precarious position we now find ourselves in. I couldn't care if we play football on the Racecourse. But I am tired of the years of plans, pictures, promises and BS. Don't forget when you pray at DC's alter. It's cost us 20 million quid and potentially our league status to get to this. And personally doubt if you and I will ever live long enough to see that repaid, let alone see one decent player bought from it.

Oh I see. Okay.
Report Spam   Logged

John

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 15, 2014, 20:41:17 pm »

This is a desperately sad comment. I am really sorry you approach the future in this way.

We've always been pretty mediocre so lets not expect that NTFC could one day be an established Championship club eh? I'm sure when Rotherham will be thinking exactly along those lines when they reach the second tier in the next few years.

Every team wants what you want. Take a look at the Premiership and Championship. Bar a few odd exceptions, they're the same teams that have always resided there. I can name 46 bigger clubs than us in both history, fan base, finance and a host of other measures. Bournemouth & Yeovil are probably the only two clubs we could compare ourselves with in the current top two tiers so we could argue we can get there to replace either one of them. Sadly between us and them are clubs like Wolves, Preston, Bristol City, Sheff Utd, etc, etc, all far bigger clubs than us and some of them almost certainly bigger than we can ever dream of becoming, even with a 10,000 stadium. It isn't a level playing field, if only it was. You need to start looking for another Russian billionaire.

PS: We had our "miracle" in the sixties. You'll never see the like of that again. How that for a sad comment?
Report Spam   Logged

lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 15, 2014, 20:45:42 pm »

You're labouring under the illusion that my argument is about a few seats.

I argued, as you well know for many years that we would end up in the precarious position we now find ourselves in. I couldn't care if we play football on the Racecourse. But I am tired of the years of plans, pictures, promises and BS. Don't forget when you pray at DC's alter. It's cost us 20 million quid and potentially our league status to get to this. And personally doubt if you and I will ever live long enough to see that repaid, let alone see one decent player bought from it.

Could be worse though couldnt it.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #988 on: April 15, 2014, 20:49:50 pm »

46 different clubs have played in the Premier League. So you're right, why should we ever think we'll have a go? I mean, currently it's exactly 50% of clubs in the league that have so we have no chance
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest49

« Reply #989 on: April 15, 2014, 20:58:03 pm »

As for capacity, the cost of knocking down the North or South stand would be trivial compared to that of the improvements

I'd find some of these trivial funds either from the £12m or write a small cheque out if I was DC and double the size of the away end.
I agree that the home fans have enough space but with a lucky season in the league and/or cup and it could pay for itself in a couple of years.
Report Spam   Logged
lift tower

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 15, 2014, 21:10:10 pm »

I'd find some of these trivial funds either from the £12m or write a small cheque out if I was DC and double the size of the away end.
I agree that the home fans have enough space but with a lucky season in the league and/or cup and it could pay for itself in a couple of years.
Are we gonna get any big teams in the cup in the next few years? Looking in your direction Terry Fenwick Ate My Hamster you seem to know what's going to happen before it does. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 15, 2014, 21:18:16 pm »

We actually had 3 seasons in Div 2 and one in Div 1. Just saying.

David Cardoza seems to be getting abuse for having the same hopeless dreams of grandeur as some of our supporters. Strange really.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
guest49

« Reply #992 on: April 15, 2014, 21:31:18 pm »

For me there are two trains of thought. One is that we will continue to be a 'Rochadale' (league status permitting), OK the old folk can wax lyrical about 1965, or slightly younger fans will remember the surreal season under Carr. Or you can look at a town that has exploded over the past 30 years and say "Why is it never us?" as you see the likes of P*sh, MK and even a team like Yeovil climb the ladder. There are more extreme examples of course who swapped cup finals for non league in a generation.
I remember my first 'big' game in 1980 which was Liverpool v Swansea in a packed Cop. Then years later we were visiting the Vetch, then look at them again now.

I don't think it is unreasonable to have expectations for us to have a piece of it. You only have to go 600 yards down the road, or refer to our Wembley trips to see that the Northampton public have an interest in a successful sporting team.

I know that some like to pray at the alter of DC but he is far from beyond critisim. I think he listens to fans and isn't adverse to sending personal responses, or having one on one meetings, which is great. However, I haven't see any evidence that he actually engages in any actual consultation with fans, or certainly hasn't delivered anything of note to move the club forward on the pitch. I haven't had great feedback from those who have had dealings with him but it's not a popularity contest and he is in place to do the business at the end of the day.
Now he is making his first big mark this is surrounded by last minute changes, confusion and poor communication.

As many have highlighted, we are woeful in the marketing department. If there was ever a case of speculating to accumulate, this is where my big bet would be. A bigger ground would have enabled this but saying that, the one we have now has more than enough seats to do a lot of work in this area. Let's hope that the new facilities are utilised in conjunction with this to draw in some fresh support.

Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #993 on: April 15, 2014, 21:50:48 pm »

Has everyone looked at the plans? Surely this can't cost much of our £12m? I was of the impression that this fund would not be exhausted over this phase of the 'redevelopment'.

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/Planning/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=4185361&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf
Shows the small extension to the West that will house the 3 boxes on stilts, the boxes will not be pitch facing which is very odd to me!

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/Planning/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=4185362&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf
This shows the ground floor and what will be the internal layout of the west including new place for the club shop etc. Note the size of the Restaurant Function Room - does not look like an 800 seater to me!

http://planning.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/Planning/StreamDocPage/obj.pdf?DocNo=4185364&PageNo=1&content=obj.pdf
This shows the boxes on the second level which will stick out over the current box office entrance and include private toilets and kitchen facilities with private corridors to enter their seats in the West Stand.

Looks very poor to me!
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #994 on: April 15, 2014, 22:10:49 pm »

Can't get my head around those at all!
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 15, 2014, 22:12:09 pm »

Yes as far as I can see the executive boxes would have a prime view of the West car park and concrete steps.

I also don't understand where the 'box seating' is meant to be? The plans suggest it is going to be behind existing seats and yet the roof structure is not going to be raised Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
lodgeadam

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 15, 2014, 22:12:54 pm »

Can't get my head around those at all!

If you look at the original plans for the East the conference facilities was much bigger. I can't see where this £12mill is being spent at all.

P.S. It helps zooming in to those plans to get your head round it all.
Report Spam   Logged

lodgeadam

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 15, 2014, 22:14:16 pm »

Yes as far as I can see the executive boxes would have a prime view of the West car park and concrete steps.

I also don't understand where the 'box seating' is meant to be? The plans suggest it is going to be behind existing seats and yet the roof structure is not going to be raised Huh?

The boxes are mid level in the west so it looks like they will be creating two new entrances into the stand and having seating among the rest of us. This looks to actually decrease the capacity of the West to me, but I could be wrong.
Report Spam   Logged

The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #998 on: April 15, 2014, 22:16:31 pm »

Does anybody have any confidence whatsoever in the club actually having the ability to sell these boxes to people?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
DuncanSpeddingsLeftFoot

« Reply #999 on: April 15, 2014, 22:17:34 pm »

It says on one of the plans that West capacity will be 3900 ish, what is it now?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: