The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:04:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1821893 times)
sbedscobb

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1180 on: April 20, 2014, 20:17:15 pm »

Sussex, the fact we've been sh1te for years doesn't make it alright to assume we must continue as such.

We need a new chapter in this clubs history, one which we Can compete on a level playing field with all other similar sized towns.
I do not want the fitting and fixtures of a bloody hotel to ruin our chance.

The old rule of thumb that was once used to gauge how successful a club could be was by the number of chimney pots, I believe with proper management strategies we could prove this theory correct.

Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1181 on: April 20, 2014, 20:18:40 pm »

Right can any one point to where the plans for the development is currently going to look like? I've seen the proposed directors suite in the West and other West drawings but I've not seen anything for the East apart from the original artists impression of a impressive stand with extra seats and boxes. I've heard people on about boxes on stilts at the back of the East ,where does this come from ? Any info anyone ?

If the supporters trust doesn't know then who the f@ck does?!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1182 on: April 20, 2014, 20:25:14 pm »

Setting up his own company to do this is smart, what we should be looking out for is when they file their accounts next year to see whether the business turned a profit, or whether it was used as a vehicle to control the project spend.

I bet it will have a turnover of around.....£12 milion pounds!!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
sussexcobbler

View Profile
Apple User
« Reply #1183 on: April 20, 2014, 20:46:42 pm »

I bet it will have a turnover of around.....£12 milion pounds!!  Wink

the turnover is irrelevant, its the profit that matters and shows their intentions towards the club
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #1184 on: April 20, 2014, 20:52:37 pm »

Chesterfield...12,000 10400
Rotherham....15,000 12000
Peterboro......20,000 15300
Oxford...........12,000
Shrewsbury.....12,000 9800
Watford..........25,000 17400
Brentford........20,000 12700 at the present
Wycombe.......10,000
Mk.................30,000
Walsall...........12,000 11300

Cobblers.         7000 7653
The biggest town on the list with smallest capacity?

We wont always be saddled with non football people, so we need to have the structure in place to attract them.

I agree with you we should have a 10000 capacity ,but your figures are not very accurate .My figures are taken from www.footballgrounds.com
Report Spam   Logged
guest47

« Reply #1185 on: April 20, 2014, 21:33:28 pm »

Has it occurred to anyone the Cardozas may have run out of cash? They don't seem to have any source of income apart from the club.
Report Spam   Logged
Razor

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1186 on: April 20, 2014, 22:21:10 pm »

How about somebody giving the supporters a break. We've put up with a lot of shyte for years now. And spent a small fortune on it as well.

Amen to that.
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1187 on: April 21, 2014, 08:21:39 am »

I think you all need to start looking at this from Northampton's point of view and not Cobbler's or Cardoza's. If we get relegated and go ahead with the current plans, how will it look for NBC and the electorate who are lending the £12m. Will they be happy that it was a wise investment?

DC is treading water and Macintosh has hold of the lifebelt! How the lifebelt is used has to depend upon the circumstances.

On 20 March DC said that the conference and hotel facilities are likely to move to the West Stand. There is nothing in the latest planning application to support that happening now or in the future. Things are happening but we won't know exactly what next months plans are until we know our football status. The County banners are simply there to show that something is happening behind the exterior walls.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #1188 on: April 21, 2014, 09:02:52 am »

I think you all need to start looking at this from Northampton's point of view and not Cobbler's or Cardoza's. If we get relegated and go ahead with the current plans, how will it look for NBC and the electorate who are lending the £12m. Will they be happy that it was a wise investment?

DC is treading water and Macintosh has hold of the lifebelt! How the lifebelt is used has to depend upon the circumstances.

On 20 March DC said that the conference and hotel facilities are likely to move to the West Stand. There is nothing in the latest planning application to support that happening now or in the future. Things are happening but we won't know exactly what next months plans are until we know our football status. The County banners are simply there to show that something is happening behind the exterior walls.

I don't buy that totally. It is more or less saying that if we are relegated that we have no ambition of coming back anytime soon.
If it looks like any of these I'm sure we'll be happy in the end.

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1189 on: April 21, 2014, 09:21:48 am »

As it stands purely on planning applications the original East Stand and now redeveloped West COULD happen. We could request planning permission for all sorts but that doesn't mean that much in reality unless we get on with it and can afford it using the loans or whatever source of capital.

In some ways making use of the green space at the bottom of the West Stand Car park makes sense as it utilises space with parking already attached. It also allows more space by the East for god knows whatever building in the coming months/years.
 I would have thought that the most likely large return on capital investment will be the 300 houses where there is only build costs as the land is already secured and this would go a long way to repaying the loan.
I hope that if we are shopping in Aldi/Lidl we are not paying Waitrose prices!

DC alway delivers!

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1190 on: April 21, 2014, 09:40:18 am »

Every report I have read says we are getting a 100 room hotel. In terms of transparency it may be good to publish the split of spend on the hotel and ground. The original plan was the double the size of the East with conference facilities and well as 10 boxes in the west. If like you say the hotel is £7m-£10m then it's not the redevelopment promised. In fact, looking at the old redevelopment plans from 2007, the current plans are the Aldi version.

Cardoza has stated in one of the youtube videos that £7.5m will be spent on the stadium and £4.5m will go toward the hotel. Total cost of the hotel will be £6m so another £1.5m has to be funded from somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1191 on: April 21, 2014, 09:56:10 am »

Cardoza has stated in one of the youtube videos that £7.5m will be spent on the stadium and £4.5m will go toward the hotel. Total cost of the hotel will be £6m so another £1.5m has to be funded from somewhere else.

Funded from the hotel chain themselves whoever they may be! £4.5m is to build the hotel building, empty rooms etc, it will be up to the chain concerned how the hotel is furnished, what the bar looks like, what reception looks like etc.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest49

« Reply #1192 on: April 21, 2014, 10:08:24 am »

Funded from the hotel chain themselves whoever they may be! £4.5m is to build the hotel building, empty rooms etc, it will be up to the chain concerned how the hotel is furnished, what the bar looks like, what reception looks like etc.

That's what I thought. Who is "whoever they may be"? You wouldn't build something like that without an occupant. County Hotels maybe? Premier Inns are always decent but usually come with a pub chain next door to do the grub. Hope it isn't an Ibis, although not many locals will be staying in it.
Report Spam   Logged
Lappo

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1193 on: April 21, 2014, 10:26:02 am »

That's what I thought. Who is "whoever they may be"? You wouldn't build something like that without an occupant. County Hotels maybe? Premier Inns are always decent but usually come with a pub chain next door to do the grub. Hope it isn't an Ibis, although not many locals will be staying in it.

I did hear a while back that it would be Hampton by Hilton. Wouldn't surprise me though if that's changed.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1194 on: April 21, 2014, 10:58:49 am »

If it was totally straight forward why doesnt he just come out in the press and publish what the new stadium will look like?

FFS the architects dont even have a website, where are the CGI's plans etc?Huh?

This is yet another boken promise, his reputation with the fans is at an all time low.

David just tell us the long suffering fans what the hell is going on!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Trotty

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1195 on: April 21, 2014, 11:57:48 am »

If it was totally straight forward why doesnt he just come out in the press and publish what the new stadium will look like?

FFS the architects dont even have a website, where are the CGI's plans etc?Huh?

This is yet another boken promise, his reputation with the fans is at an all time low.

David just tell us the long suffering fans what the hell is going on!

The only reason I haven't commented on the plans is the fact that I haven't got a scooby what they are.
Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 21, 2014, 17:30:30 pm »

Went to get my dagenham tickets today and in the lobby is the nice picture of the "new" east stand with a blurb about 10, 000 capacity, why is this still there if these are not the plans?
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #1197 on: April 21, 2014, 17:35:35 pm »

Why is DC still carrying on like the development company is nothing to do with him? Who knows?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
HertsCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Level 5
« Reply #1198 on: April 21, 2014, 18:15:25 pm »

Our esteemed chairman is busy setting another County Company - County Cemetries along with Simon Patnick.

Google Simon Patnick and in February he announced a new business venture low cost Jewish burials under the County banner.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/115571/burial-company-planning-offer-cheap-jewish-funerals
Report Spam   Logged
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 21, 2014, 18:23:59 pm »

Our esteemed chairman is busy setting another County Company - County Cemetries along with Simon Patnick.

Google Simon Patnick and in February he announced a new business venture low cost Jewish burials under the County banner.

http://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/115571/burial-company-planning-offer-cheap-jewish-funerals
Here lies Northampton Town F.C once beloved Father, Son and Football club. R.I.P
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: