The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:10:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819759 times)
DavCobb, BedsCobb (+ 1 Hidden) and 27 Guests are viewing this topic.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1320 on: April 23, 2014, 21:00:42 pm »

So if I paid more attention to the team and maybe shouted a bit more at games we would be higher up the table?
Don't understand this why be concerned about the redevelopment when the team are struggling. I seem to be managing to discuss Accrington, Wycombe, burton, Pompey matches even the up coming match with the daggers AND redevelopment plans.

Grin As if shouting helps anyone ! Unless you were a Sergeant Major of course Cool
How you find time to shout about the Redev and the Team on here is quite is laudable. I just prefer to moan, groan and shout at the team for the moment...only Wink  
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 23, 2014, 21:01:53 pm »

You really do come out with some drivel Roll Eyes

oh come on surely on here I am not alone Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 23, 2014, 21:04:07 pm »

what does that mean noddy? am i a player? how concerned would you like me to be? and how should I channel this concern in order to influence on field activities?

never never contradict a Marquis Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

guest47

« Reply #1323 on: April 23, 2014, 21:15:31 pm »

I think the club is deluded if they think "big businesses" are going to hire unused hospitality boxes in a backwater retail park. There's plenty of hotels around the area that will hire decent sized rooms with proper facilities. It reminds of that time they had that daft idea of opening the restaurant during the week. That didn't last long.
Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 23, 2014, 21:21:09 pm »

Does anyone have the comments that DC made in the programme on Monday.
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1325 on: April 23, 2014, 21:22:10 pm »

They were on the os today.
Report Spam   Logged
New Dawn Fades

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 23, 2014, 21:38:18 pm »

And me probably but I have heard so many different versions of the rumours and guesswork saying what is and isn't happening I just want someone to verify and state exactly what is happening and what isn't against the original announcement to put this all to bed.
The unknown is being fuelled by people putting random one liners or guessed financial expenditures against the loaned £12m without a shred of solid evidence.  We have had boxes on stilts peering over the top of the East stand, even had padded seats quoted now, was that all from the boy in the club shop as well?  Huh?

Agree completely, The only problem is that the person who should be verifying the fact from the fiction, People don't believe anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

Can of Strongbow, Im a mess
sbedscobb

« Reply #1327 on: April 23, 2014, 22:02:59 pm »

Have we got rid of the disabled section? Looks like they're wedging some seats in the walk way in the east, which was once where wheelchairs accessed?

The capacity was reduced to allow Directors a box in the west stand!
Built with money loaned to expand Sixfields.
This should tell you all you need to know.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #1328 on: April 23, 2014, 22:04:10 pm »

And me probably but I have heard so many different versions of the rumours and guesswork saying what is and isn't happening I just want someone to verify and state exactly what is happening and what isn't against the original announcement to put this all to bed.
The unknown is being fuelled by people putting random one liners or guessed financial expenditures against the loaned £12m without a shred of solid evidence.  We have had boxes on stilts peering over the top of the East stand, even had padded seats quoted now, was that all from the boy in the club shop as well?  Huh?

I take no responsibility for padded seat gate.  Grin
I assumed you wouldn't bother replacing fully functional sh1tty plastic seats, with new sh1tty plastic seats. Plus I went to the Amex recently, which is fully padded. There is a joke about Brighton somewhere in that.  Wink
Ask DC if you are not sure what's happening. If he'd left the increased capacity alone we wouldn't be having this debate, as it is the most important part for the average fan.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1329 on: April 23, 2014, 23:20:44 pm »

I take no responsibility for padded seat gate.  Grin
I assumed you wouldn't bother replacing fully functional sh1tty plastic seats, with new sh1tty plastic seats. Plus I went to the Amex recently, which is fully padded. There is a joke about Brighton somewhere in that.  Wink
Ask DC if you are not sure what's happening. If he'd left the increased capacity alone we wouldn't be having this debate, as it is the most important part for the average fan.

It was also the basis for the 12+ year delay. If it was only ever a question of carrying out an internal re-furb/upgrade to the stadium facilities, then I doubt the Lib-Dems would have fought so vehemently to delay proceedings. It was largely due to their concerns regarding stadium expansion, and out of town retail, which delayed proceedings.
DC has used the Liberals as whipping boys for the last ten years, and now, when finally given the green light, it looks like he will once again fail to deliver as promised.
Remember this, Dave: Your legacy will be marked forever over the next few weeks/months. A stadium to be proud of, and a new dawn in which to try and finally move up the leagues, and you could yet end up a Northampton Town legend. Relegation, and the deliverance of a non-league style ground, and you're efforts will be forever tarnished.
Please, for all of our sake, get this one right.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 23:24:07 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 24, 2014, 06:36:29 am »

I love these pseudo intellectual debating threads; so much passion and Demosthenes type rhetoric - I mean some posters suddenly emerge after months of inactivity. Bȕgger the fact we are at deaths door - if only you lot were more concerned about the team than the in's and out's of Redev' we wouldn't be in the mess we are now in.

Well that comment sums you up perfectly Evertrite. The fans you have been slagging off for months do what is needed by turning up at the games in numbers, very impressive numbers of recent, yet all you want to do is put them down with very poorly thought out put downs on a board that only recently you described as having no effect on those at the club what so ever. You come across as a very confused old man.

We'll get on with being there at the games as well as showing concern for our club's well being also while you continue with your agenda.

Don't forget now, it's pants before trousers in the morning.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1331 on: April 24, 2014, 06:45:05 am »

and socks?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 24, 2014, 08:16:12 am »

Well that comment sums you up perfectly Evertrite.

I have a feeling that you  didn't Do too well
At school,or your simply not very clever.Never let personal animosity effect
Your judgement or you will have a Ralapse?
Get it!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:18:51 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

lodgeadam

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1333 on: April 24, 2014, 08:21:02 am »

I'm sorry but when anyone else states their concern your reply seems to be 'Go and speak to DC'. So, in response to your statement regarding your wishes for clarity on exactly what is happening I would pose the response - Go and speak to DC.
Report Spam   Logged

--- 'Shoe Army' is THE worst chant ever! --- Twitter @lodgeadam
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 24, 2014, 08:25:24 am »

Does that mean that anyone that has questions regarding players should all go and speak to wilder instead of raising any points on here?
Report Spam   Logged
Ralap

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: April 24, 2014, 09:06:59 am »

I have a feeling that you  didn't Do too well
At school,or your simply not very clever.Never let personal animosity effect
Your judgement or you will have a Ralapse?
Get it!

Oh dear me. And that was after the editing!

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 24, 2014, 09:40:03 am »

[quote author =Ralap link=topic=5547.msg193806#msg193806 date=1398330419]

Oh dear me. And that was after the editing!

[/quote]
  Cool

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:43:32 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:10 am »

So the chron have finally decided to run a story about the stadium expansion.  It's basically just DCs programme notes.  But in their story they say that the capacity will now be 9,000.  However this isn't a quote so I don't know where they got that figure from.  So we currently have a 8,000, 8,500 and 9,000 figure.  Which one will it be?

Also in this thread people have referred a few times to the OS, what's that?

I'm interested to see how they fit the hotel and conference centre in behind the west stand.

Also what some seem to have missed is that with the hotel and conference centre going behind the west instead of the east, that gives them more room to build more houses.  The issue this raises for me is how close to the east stand will he build? Will we end with a situation where the east can no longer be expanded (after this expansion) as there is housing too close to the stand.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1338 on: April 24, 2014, 09:51:15 am »

OS = Official Site or was that a Waaaah?  Wink

Shall I run a sweepstake on the seat capacity of Sixfields at 1500hrs on the first Saturday home match of the 2014/15 season?  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 24, 2014, 10:00:22 am »

Shall I run a sweepstake on the seat capacity of Sixfields at 1500hrs on the first Saturday home match of the 2014/15 season?

Or on how many of the seats available will not be occupied?
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: