The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:24:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820691 times)
Ralap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1340 on: April 24, 2014, 10:18:34 am »

The Chron are obviously towing the Cardoza line as they refer to the new capacity being "About" 9000. A newspaper not wanting to put a positive spin on the story would have said 8000 + seats.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 24, 2014, 10:31:20 am »

I'm really looking forward to seeing and experiencing the new ground. It'll be our first opportunity to see a 8,000+ gate watching the Cobblers in Northampton in over twenty years. Cracking. I hope the local support doesn't let us down.
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1342 on: April 24, 2014, 10:59:42 am »

I'm really looking forward to seeing and experiencing the new ground. It'll be our first opportunity to see a 8,000+ gate watching the Cobblers in Northampton in over twenty years. Cracking. I hope the local support doesn't let us down.

Yeah, but you're also looking forward to watching us play in the conference Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 24, 2014, 11:03:50 am »

Yeah, but you're also looking forward to watching us play in the conference Tongue

Well, for me at least it wont be the end of the world. I watch the Cobblers, not the team they happen to be playing.
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #1344 on: April 24, 2014, 11:08:00 am »

only 6000 of those are available to Northampton based football supporters, so better not start getting promoted or heavens forbid go on a cup run a draw some big clubs!

Despite being really poor this season  4500/5500 have turned up for recent games, that's 70/80% occupancy.

I have accepted we have been duped into believing we were getting the promised development and now accept we are, and always will be a nothing club devoid of any ambition..

Thank you Mr Chairman.

Re the 9000 claim by the w ankers at chronicle and bullsh1t, well that made me laugh Grin

Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 24, 2014, 11:33:35 am »

only 6000 of those are available to Northampton based football supporters

Well that's not strictly true is it, we sometimes accommodate all away fans in the East Stand when the numbers traveling dictate so in cases such as those the South could be opened up to home fans should the demand arise.

It would appear to me that you and several others CHOOSE to look on the downside of everything at the moment. If you don't mind I'm much happier looking on the bright side so wont be joining you in your misery.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1346 on: April 24, 2014, 11:44:26 am »

Well that's not strictly true is it, we sometimes accommodate all away fans in the East Stand when the numbers traveling dictate so in cases such as those the South could be opened up to home fans should the demand arise.

It would appear to me that you and several others CHOOSE to look on the downside of everything at the moment. If you don't mind I'm much happier looking on the bright side so wont be joining you in your misery.

I know Marvo has some outlandish views on the Conference but the post above is a fair one and not to be dismissed out of hand.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1347 on: April 24, 2014, 11:58:05 am »

Marvo has gone from www.mrdownside.com in the latter months of Aidy Boothroyd to www.mrupside.com in the first few months of Chris Wilder.

Im not quite sure whats changed for him (John)?

Admittedly, we've moved from 24th to 23rd which is a positive.

Whilst the ground redevelopment has been scaled down from 10,000 to around 8,000.

Marvo...give me some of your positive juice please mate! Whilst at the same time, tell me what cured you of your last bout of manic Cobblers Depression disorder. And before you tell me it was plain and simply a change of manager, I would argue that whilst our results are a bit better since Wilder came in (understandably given he was given an open cheque book in his first week), CW is merely mirroring the journey the last geezer took us on! And with the same, shockingly boring football and even more so negative tactics!

Report Spam   Logged
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 24, 2014, 12:50:34 pm »

It wasn't even 10,000 in the first place, it was 'around 10,000'. They planned to put in 10 extra rows of seats which would be 2000 extra seats (10x200), taking the capacity to just over 9,500. Now they plan 6 rows which will knock 800 seats off, taking it to around 8,700. Doesn't seem too bad to me considering we're getting a complete makeover in the West
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 24, 2014, 13:02:25 pm »

It wasn't even 10,000 in the first place, it was 'around 10,000'. They planned to put in 10 extra rows of seats which would be 2000 extra seats (10x200), taking the capacity to just over 9,500. Now they plan 6 rows which will knock 800 seats off, taking it to around 8,700. Doesn't seem too bad to me considering we're getting a complete makeover in the West

if correct this should appease the disenchanted Sad
Report Spam   Logged

threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #1350 on: April 24, 2014, 13:16:24 pm »

if correct this should appease the disenchanted Sad

of course it wont, people will still cry that they weren't told exactly how many seats there would be from the off, or which stand was being changed or what colour the grass is next home game, or that we have to buy seated tickets at dagenham before terraced.................

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1351 on: April 24, 2014, 13:20:10 pm »

How did you know that the application to change the colour of the grass has nearly been agreed?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #1352 on: April 24, 2014, 13:25:08 pm »

ok, mr positive supporters...you ANSWER THIS. Or at least TRY TO!

Total stadium budget = 7.5million

So lets ASSUME for a minute that this refurb is costing 7.5million

Given that the bulk of the cost to add seats will be the removal of the roof, adding beams etc....then how much EXTRA would 4 rows of seats have cost?

I would say that this cost would be very very negligible. Given that we know other clubs can build a hole 12000 capacity stadium for 12 million quid.

That by the way works out at at £1000-00 per seat. So just on that basis (obviously it would be far cheaper for us because the ground is already in place etc) those 800 seats that are being cut off of the project will shave 800k off of the bill. And as I say, it would likely be half of that or less in any case.

But even at 800k...thats around 10% of the budget. So I ask the question again...and it is only a question. WHAT IS THE MONEY BEING SPENT ON? WHAT IS THE 7.5 MILLION QUID BEING USED ON? *

*Because it sure as hell isn't being used on anything that we...the fans...will see/benefit from. Or on the face of it, very little of it is.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 24, 2014, 13:28:39 pm »

How did you know that the application to change the colour of the grass has nearly been agreed?

trust you to let that out of the bag - you have just unleashed the dogs of war Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1354 on: April 24, 2014, 13:32:14 pm »

Please try and get your facts right FFS read back in this thread look at the plans all public domain, it was 12 rows in the upper deck as the West.(10K)

Cobblerwatch PM me if you want to meet
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler_rob

View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 24, 2014, 17:09:20 pm »

Given that the bulk of the cost to add seats will be the removal of the roof, adding beams etc....then how much EXTRA would 4 rows of seats have cost?

I would say that this cost would be very very negligible. Given that we know other clubs can build a hole 12000 capacity stadium for 12 million quid.

That by the way works out at at £1000-00 per seat. So just on that basis (obviously it would be far cheaper for us because the ground is already in place etc) those 800 seats that are being cut off of the project will shave 800k off of the bill. And as I say, it would likely be half of that or less in any case.

But even at 800k...thats around 10% of the budget. So I ask the question again...and it is only a question. WHAT IS THE MONEY BEING SPENT ON? WHAT IS THE 7.5 MILLION QUID BEING USED ON? *

*Because it sure as hell isn't being used on anything that we...the fans...will see/benefit from. Or on the face of it, very little of it is.

Take into account you probably wouldn't need the concourse half way up the stand like they have in the West with 16 rows of seats, and therefore can use the 2 tunnels that are there at the moment you would probably actually save quite a bit. Even if its £1 million that would go a long way to the boxes in the West. Guess we'll all find out in a few weeks however when the plans are finalised.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1356 on: April 24, 2014, 18:22:38 pm »

This thread has gone round and round. So while a few are happy to have the leagues smallest ground with the likes of Accrington Morecambe and Dag Red, and folks are happy with the bullsh1t  being served up, that's how its going to be forever more.

Report Spam   Logged
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 24, 2014, 20:23:49 pm »

That's because we shouldn't be bunking about the ground we should only be thinking about the team.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1358 on: April 24, 2014, 20:52:40 pm »

One more thing: The mantra coming out of the club is that capacity can easily,quickly,cheaply be added should it be required, by building up the ends.
Is anything really cheaper to do at a later date? Will re-employing another building crew, getting them on site to carry out the work in 5(?) years time, honestly be cheaper than getting it done now, while the diggers are in and the bloody roofs off!
And that's assuming the money hasn't been spent on something else in 5(?) years.
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 24, 2014, 20:56:51 pm »

Your assuming that we'll need a greater capacity. The majority of our history suggest we won't.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: