The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 02:51:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 2198   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1841126 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1360 on: April 24, 2014, 21:08:54 pm »

Which is all the more sad when you look 20 minutes down the road. Over double our average attendance, crowd of over 20,000 this season, Spurs considering a ground share and all they had to do was borrow a lower league team and have a forward thinking council.
Still, I prefer a bumpkin accent to a mockney one.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1361 on: April 24, 2014, 21:47:44 pm »

Your assuming that we'll need a greater capacity. The majority of our history suggest we won't.
You like pointing out the historic failures of this club under the guidance of the present and past Chairman, but does it always have to be sh1t for us? Is there a possibility we're not completely fecked as a football club and someone can guide this club in the right direction?
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 24, 2014, 22:02:32 pm »

You like pointing out the historic failures of this club under the guidance of the present and past Chairman, but does it always have to be sh1t for us? Is there a possibility we're not completely fecked as a football club and someone can guide this club in the right direction?

No idea. Been like that over the 50 years I've supported them but I guess there's always hope.
Report Spam   Logged

bri77

View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 24, 2014, 22:11:28 pm »

Is hope not one of the reasons supporting a club like ours is manageable?
The idea of my little club growing  and progressing up the leagues is much more exciting than the prospect of 50 years of league two (or conference football)
Report Spam   Logged
John

View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 24, 2014, 22:47:36 pm »

Is hope not one of the reasons supporting a club like ours is manageable?
The idea of my little club growing  and progressing up the leagues is much more exciting than the prospect of 50 years of league two (or conference football)

Do you think it's any better the further up you go?

How do you think Man Utd supporters are feeling this season?

What about Man City? All that money and just the League Cup to show for it.

Or maybe you'd rather be a West Ham or a Stoke, when just staying in the Premiership is all you have to cling on to?

We all want to win football matches and if we can be entertained at the same time, well that's a bonus. Other than that most seasons it's pretty shit for most supporters, whatever league you're in.
Report Spam   Logged

County Cobbler

« Reply #1365 on: April 25, 2014, 05:04:50 am »

Many people are missing the main point of the redevelopment. To sustain the club long-term revenue needs to be raised on non match days. Therefore the loan is being spent mainly on the hotel, conference centre and executive boxes which can be used everyday. Do people think the priority should be 3 or 5K extra seats that might be used 2 or 3 times a year in the short-term? Which is the most cost effective for revenue in the long-term for the benefit of the club?
Personally I think the club are missing a marketing trick by not showing a stadium layout which is their TARGET ie; a 15,000 capacity stadium with seating on the back of the North and South stands, importantly the corners filled in and more seats in the East stand! The revenue generated would facilitate investment in the team and further ground expansion because we can not rely on individual Chairmen to bankroll the club!
Just a suggestion DC ........over to you!
Report Spam   Logged
cricketside

View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 25, 2014, 06:37:38 am »

Two excellent posts in a row. As rare as two wins in a row.
Report Spam   Logged

"Andrew Ellis was very much against what was going on. The Cardozas were strictly about business and development so that was him out the door. Andrew Ellis was only ever a football man."

*****And he appointed Terry Fenwick*****
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1367 on: April 25, 2014, 06:41:07 am »

One point i cant find the answer too, if some of these new boxes are going to be available for next season, how much are they ? How many people do they hold ? What is included in the package, surely if the club want to sell these shouldn't some marketing information be available by now ?
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1368 on: April 25, 2014, 06:53:38 am »

This thread has gone round and round. So while a few are happy to have the leagues smallest ground with the likes of Accrington Morecambe and Dag Red, and folks are happy with the bullsh1t  being served up, that's how its going to be forever more.

Have you been to Stanley's and Daggers grounds?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
John

View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 25, 2014, 07:21:32 am »

This thread has gone round and round. So while a few are happy to have the leagues smallest ground with the likes of Accrington Morecambe and Dag Red, and folks are happy with the bullsh1t  being served up, that's how its going to be forever more.

Just checked the figures, there are 9 League 2 clubs with a smaller capacity than ours, this will increase to 12 with the redevelopment, possibly 13 as I haven't yet seen the final figure and we should be close to the Exeter capacity as well.
Report Spam   Logged

sbedscobb

« Reply #1370 on: April 25, 2014, 08:09:22 am »

Just checked the figures, there are 9 League 2 clubs with a smaller capacity than ours, this will increase to 12 with the redevelopment, possibly 13 as I haven't yet seen the final figure and we should be close to the Exeter capacity as well.
  You  know our capacity after all the boxes go in will be 8000 only?   The Chairman said so... Now try again.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1371 on: April 25, 2014, 08:19:51 am »

You  know our capacity after all the boxes go in will be 8000 only?   The Chairman said so... Now try again.

When did he say that?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
John

View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 25, 2014, 09:33:11 am »

The Chronicle & Echo reports around 9,000.

Clubs that have a lower capacity than our current of 7,500.

Accrington Stanley, AFC Wimbledon, Burton Albion, Cheltenham, Dagenham, Fleetwood, Morecambe, Newport, Torquay. That's NINE.

If we go up to 8,500.

Hartlepool, Mansfield & York. That's THREE

If we go up to 9,000

Exeter. That's ONE.

Now then, NINE + THREE + ONE = THIRTEEN.
Report Spam   Logged

guest49

« Reply #1373 on: April 25, 2014, 09:46:36 am »

Do you think it's any better the further up you go?

How do you think Man Utd supporters are feeling this season?

What about Man City? All that money and just the League Cup to show for it.

Or maybe you'd rather be a West Ham or a Stoke, when just staying in the Premiership is all you have to cling on to?

We all want to win football matches and if we can be entertained at the same time, well that's a bonus. Other than that most seasons it's pretty shit for most supporters, whatever league you're in.

Those Burnley fans looked pretty fed up at the prospect of a miserable season in the Prem....
I guess you could point to the joy on the pitch at the Kennel club but I know a Luton fan and he's been even more miserable than the average Cobblers fan for the past 5 years, I can assure you!

Forget the Prem. Anyone under the age of 50 would just like to see a season or two in the Championship before they pop their clogs. If P*sh, MK, Yeovil etc etc etc can, then it's not too much to ask.
I'd be happy to experience a higher quality of being miserable for a change.

Report Spam   Logged
LeeleeSTAR

View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 25, 2014, 09:47:11 am »

When did he say that?

Indeed, it is annoying how people keep putting up comments without source quotes or expanding on where the information came from.

As said by a few, the chron are reporting a 9,000 capacity but even that wasn't from a quote or a press release so I can't help but wonder if the chron have made that up too.

The interesting thing is that the club have announced that they are about to submit a planning application for the hotel and conference centre, so things are moving on.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #1375 on: April 25, 2014, 09:57:03 am »

And before you tell me it was plain and simply a change of manager, I would argue that whilst our results are a bit better since Wilder came in (understandably given he was given an open cheque book in his first week), CW is merely mirroring the journey the last geezer took us on! And with the same, shockingly boring football and even more so negative tactics!

I think Wilder has been given an easy ride so far. We have had more than enough time to be home free by now. Of course it would be mostly the last idiots fault if we went down but WHEN we stay up it'll be interesting to see how wide the brush is on the squad front.

Driller is right though. Most of the time it is difficult to tell the difference on the pitch between an AB side and a CW one. Having said that, we are not second from bottom without reason!
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1376 on: April 25, 2014, 10:56:57 am »

When did he say that?
Cardoza was asked / put on the spot at last weeks press conference as to what the new capacity will be after the development.. He replied 8000 but he was very happy to get a new Directors box as trade off..

That's when all this sh1t kicked off...

Its not what we were promised and will seriously hold back the club later down the line.

Unless some loan money is ring fenced, there will be no expansion 'as and when' as Elvis once sang...Its now or never Grin

Marvo don't believe everything you read in the paper...
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #1377 on: April 25, 2014, 11:24:00 am »

Don't bang those clappers too much next Saturday over in the East stand.

Report Spam   Logged
NaggerPagger

View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 25, 2014, 12:17:39 pm »

Having read today’s report on the official site I am more than happy with the way the development seems to be shaping up.
Yes I'm disappointed the East is smaller than originally planned but 9000 capacity would be adequate at the moment.
The improvements to the West sounds logical and the conference and hotel facilities being on that side of the ground do make sense.
I'm looking forward to seeing the new plans and look forward to next seasons L2 campaign.
Report Spam   Logged
sbedscobb

« Reply #1379 on: April 25, 2014, 12:36:23 pm »

That's better, 9000 seats and all the other bits.

We can all except that and hopefully no more major changes for the worse.

Just keep us in the football league now Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 2198   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: