The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 10:57:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822564 times)
Another Pedj (+ 1 Hidden) and 47 Guests are viewing this topic.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25000 on: June 24, 2019, 21:15:15 pm »

Thanks VC, GPC. That one has always confused me a bit, sounds plausible enough.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #25001 on: June 24, 2019, 21:22:27 pm »

Seriously Tel and Melbourne et al, Vintage is making you look like a bit silly now, neither of you is stupid and I think you both know full well how things are regards our current position.
Stop the love in with KT and join the people who really care about our club.
Given that KT wants out I think it’s best he goes Manny, too much instability whilst he stays. I’m more concerned about the caliber of who’s coming in and where we are going to end up? I’ve never said any different?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #25002 on: June 25, 2019, 08:20:32 am »

Show me one post that suggests that “love in” you mention. Go for it.  

I get bored of telling you and everyone else that I am open to anything that is good for the Cobblers. Despite all of the talking, I am yet to see anything. If stating that as the truth is interpreted as a “love in” then so be it. The Trust and any other interested party (including KT) have done about as much for NTFC as my cat as at the moment. The time is as good as any for at least one of the parties to stop talking and get the fcuk on with it.

Tell me Manwork, because I don't have you down as stupid either. Name one tangible thing you have seen from anywhere? At the moment all I see is more hollow words. And a fcuking lot of them 😁😁😁

Morning Tel, you are right in what you say about tangible actions, the trust have issued statements and had that meeting, I think that was more about raising awareness of our situation.
The vast majority of support are just happy to turn up on match day and watch not at all interested in the off field stuff this needs to change and people need to realise that our success is a direct reflection of our off field success.
KT should be held to account with regards to the infrastructure at Sixfields.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25003 on: June 25, 2019, 09:26:37 am »

Fair comment Manwork04 and your support is appreciated.  Part of the problem has been getting to the truth of what is in progress.  This has not quite been bottomed but it is not far away.  The Trust statements reflect what has been learned from the Council, not from the club. This is solely down to our owners who have been getting away with obfuscation for far too long.  KT continues to duck and dive on the matter of plans.  I am referring not only to the East Stand plans but also to those for the land behind.  I can assure you that much of what the redoubtable Beds has written over a long period about a “land grab” is not wide of the mark.  In that context consider the continuing refusal of CDNL to sign the legal document reinstating the NTFC/CDNL boundary to what it should be.  Consider the consequences for NTFC.  I forecast that those who have targeted Beds for ridicule stand to be ridiculed in turn before long. 

Let me add that before “tangible actions” can be considered the full picture has to be ascertained.  All that can be said at this stage is that as things stand it is not looking good for those of us who understand or, rather, can be bothered or motivated to understand that, as Manwork04 puts it, our success is a direct reflection of our off-field success.  I would only add the words sustainable success. You cannot build a house without foundations.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #25004 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:11 am »

Morning Tel, you are right in what you say about tangible actions, the trust have issued statements and had that meeting, I think that was more about raising awareness of our situation.
The vast majority of support are just happy to turn up on match day and watch not at all interested in the off field stuff this needs to change and people need to realise that our success is a direct reflection of our off field success.
KT should be held to account with regards to the infrastructure at Sixfields.

In no way do I agree with what is going on at the moment. I may not share the same sinister portrayal of KT that some do. Probably because I work in large scale property and land acquisitions. So I sit in meetings all of the time where local resident groups, councils, other developers are attempting to meet their own expectations. And where I have to manage those, for want of a better word  Grin So... Nothing surprises me when it comes to these things. I don't mean that to sound indifferent.

After the debacle with the Cardozas, there was an ideal opportunity for the council to put into place some safeguards around the nature of incoming owners. They missed that opportunity, and as so often is the case, the new owners didn't. Without decent due diligence, you get what you get. So KT as I have said over and over before has chosen to explore all potential options that are open to him. Now I can understand why that has ruffled a few feathers. After all, we all wanted him to deliver on the initial promises he made. They is a lot of mention of the 4 million pound statement. But that is where you get into the type of smoke and mirrors that these promises carry with them. Admittedly, I am playing devils advocate when I liberally interpret what he might have meant by some of them promises. But from his perspective, he probably feels like he's already spent that and more. By the way, that's not me saying that I agree with that.

Everything that I have said is not in support of KT. It is a dispassionate appraisal of the facts as I see them. Whilst it might trigger some sensitivities, it is totally fair to take the Trust to task and suggest that at this current time, they have done as much as my cat (the phrase I used) about the situation. That is an accurate statement from an outsiders perspective. That in no way detracts from what I assume is a lot of work going on around the subject. I accept that the statement, and the meeting. But as I have said to the Trust board face to face, these things are about momentum. And at the moment I am making nothing more than a commentary on what I can physically see and the state of play from my perspective. I am happy to take it on the chin/s the comments that some of the Trust board (and their "special" advisors  Grin )have said about me and this site. Because I know that ultimately all of us have the best interests of the club at heart. There is no time like the present. I think all of us could do with a star to follow in football terms. Who knows, the Trust might just get their day in the sun sooner than they think.  
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25005 on: June 25, 2019, 09:49:01 am »

Fair comment Manwork04 and your support is appreciated.  Part of the problem has been getting to the truth of what is in progress.  This has not quite been bottomed but it is not far away.  The Trust statements reflect what has been learned from the Council, not from the club. This is solely down to our owners who have been getting away with obfuscation for far too long.  KT continues to duck and dive on the matter of plans.  I am referring not only to the East Stand plans but also to those for the land behind.  I can assure you that much of what the redoubtable Beds has written over a long period about a “land grab” is not wide of the mark.  In that context consider the continuing refusal of CDNL to sign the legal document reinstating the NTFC/CDNL boundary to what it should be.  Consider the consequences for NTFC.  I forecast that those who have targeted Beds for ridicule stand to be ridiculed in turn before long. 

Let me add that before “tangible actions” can be considered the full picture has to be ascertained.  All that can be said at this stage is that as things stand it is not looking good for those of us who understand or, rather, can be bothered or motivated to understand that, as Manwork04 puts it, our success is a direct reflection of our off-field success.  I would only add the words sustainable success. You cannot build a house without foundations.

Sorry Vintage. I was writing whilst you was posting. As I have repeatedly said, and I stated at a Trust meeting some time back at Cheyne walk. Nobody, with the exception of the supporters, takes on a club like NTFC without a some form of personal agenda. It was always ripe for the land grab scenario...
Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25006 on: June 25, 2019, 10:06:36 am »

TFAMH - agree entirely but that doesn't make it right and it is not good for NTFC, by which I mean the club, supporters and future generations of supporters who will be here long after the present owners have left the scene.  All means possible have to employed to stop what we know is in the making.  And, yes, supporters need to be motivated and mobilised.   That is nearly as big a challenge as the one that lies ahead with KT. But where there is a will there is a way.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #25007 on: June 25, 2019, 10:40:11 am »

I had no problem with KT in the early years as he paid the bills that needed paying and provided a healthy budget as you hoped a Chairman would do.

The supporters since have been incredibly patient with him and his total lack of action in the past 12 months!

From a distance I believe the peices of the jigsaw seem to be in place and it is KT who needs to communicate his plans and timescales with supporters NOW........no more excuses (reasons).
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25008 on: June 25, 2019, 12:46:02 pm »

TFAMH - agree entirely but that doesn't make it right and it is not good for NTFC, by which I mean the club, supporters and future generations of supporters who will be here long after the present owners have left the scene.  All means possible have to employed to stop what we know is in the making.  And, yes, supporters need to be motivated and mobilised.   That is nearly as big a challenge as the one that lies ahead with KT. But where there is a will there is a way.

I agree entirely.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #25009 on: June 25, 2019, 13:21:51 pm »

I agree entirely.

Got to say Nigel, your 'tone' has changed a fair bit in recent days. Almost like you have heard something!  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25010 on: June 25, 2019, 13:26:15 pm »

TFAMY - good.

I cannot be certain on timing but I reckon crunch time is fast approaching.  Supporters need to protest loudly and in unison against our owners' intentions on the land behind the East Stand.  They are not acting in the best interests of the club, they are not acting for the benefit of the football club and its supporters present and future.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #25011 on: June 25, 2019, 14:15:08 pm »

Got to say Nigel, your 'tone' has changed a fair bit in recent days. Almost like you have heard something!  Wink

There have been a couple of comments on here which have made me think the same in the past few days.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #25012 on: June 25, 2019, 15:22:17 pm »

I think you have too! Stop teasing and give us more, or bugger off back to your allotment
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25013 on: June 25, 2019, 17:28:35 pm »

This is what I think will happen?
Thomas hit the curb 2 years ago, losing a wheel but skilfully managed to keep going a forward momentum towards the promised land grab until now, where he's run out of road and desperate in my opinion to separate his land aquirement from our football club, perhaps.
I feel he'll do a deal to hand over the club to those who thankfully have the club 1st and foremost and he'll keep the land thats been annexed from the Northampton  council and it's football club...
A big price to pay but one that will allow our club to escape the clutches of these land grabbers.
I'll take that now!
Report Spam   Logged
ajp

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #25014 on: June 25, 2019, 18:38:28 pm »

What is going on on the roof of the west anyone know?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #25015 on: June 25, 2019, 18:55:14 pm »

An owl has attached itself to a side beam in lieu of the Sheffield ting.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #25016 on: June 25, 2019, 19:31:56 pm »

I think you have too! Stop teasing and give us more, or bugger off back to your allotment

Grin Grin

Not a bad idea to be fair!

Anyway, in all seriousness. There's nothing to report, its just conjecture at the minute. I only know as much as Vintage is 'reporting', my interpretation of events was spelt out in an earlier post. Im open minded at the minute. The next few weeks though will be interesting. The information given on this thread will enable you to come to your own conclusions, but like I say...unless I know the numbers involved Im finding it impossible at the minute to form a definitive view point on things.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #25017 on: June 25, 2019, 19:38:46 pm »

It's confusing the hell out of me probably because I haven't taken too much of a detailed interest. 
I'm not really bothered who 'wins', but can we get it/something sorted so that we can concentrate on talking and arguing about the football?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Vintage Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #25018 on: June 26, 2019, 06:30:26 am »

Pathetic, Deepcut. On your own admission you haven't bothered to inform yourself about the situation so I suggest you have nothing to contribute to the subject. 

If you don’t think there is any possible connection between the asset value of the club and the quality or even level of football we watch on the pitch over a period of time then so be it.  Fortunately, others do.

Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #25019 on: June 26, 2019, 06:55:30 am »

Can anyone answer what is actually being done about this? People want us "non-fussed" supporters to get behind those that clearly know more about the situation than we do, but I don't see anything being organised?

There is plenty being said on here, lots of "I know something you don't", the Trust appear to be insistent on fighting KT on their own behind closed doors (barring the odd statement) and we are getting nowhere.

If people "in the know" want the support of those of us who are not (or don't quite understand the situation), then for god sake give us something to get behind. Print leaflets, send e-mails/flyers, post on Social Media, organise meetings, whatever it takes.

All I see at the minute is plenty of snide comments and very little action, if things are spelled out in simple terms to the supporters and they are given an easy route to raise there voice about these concerns, then you will have all the support you need.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 [1251] 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: