The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:18:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 ... 2182   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1822784 times)
Tabasco Kid (+ 1 Hidden) and 40 Guests are viewing this topic.
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #27040 on: August 03, 2020, 21:27:40 pm »

Well done NTFC.

Any bets on a new Trust board member 😀
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27041 on: August 03, 2020, 21:32:10 pm »

Fascinating and unexpected turn of events? It’s gone from the implication that the Trust isn’t really supported by its own members and therefore a bit of an irrelevance to this? What do you suppose the motivation is to have a bit of a change of heart? Perhaps the Trust is more relevant in the eyes of the club than previously suggested, or maybe that stick it’s been prodding with has got rather tiresome? Olive branch, spotlight, minefield, or any 2 or all 3?

It doesn’t really matter.. I said a while back on here that there had to be some agreement between the two. I urged the Trust to offer an olive branch. I was told by a board member via PM that it just wasn’t viable. That was possibly the case at the time. However, this news could be the start of something beautiful ❤️❤️❤️
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 22:25:08 pm by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27042 on: August 03, 2020, 21:53:18 pm »

Well if we are offering the Trust advice I will have a go.There are a lot of trust members on here, me, Hammy, Shoey the list goes on for quite a bit? When talking about the Trust, when was the last time anyone heard the term “we” being used? If the Trust is to have a future that has to change irrespective of where any blame may lie? This turn of events may be a stepping stone for the Trust or possibly even a turning point, but it has to address the detachment or arguably estrangement from what I suspect is a significant proportion of its membership? Perhaps this is an opportunity to address more than just the obvious?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3264

« Reply #27043 on: August 04, 2020, 05:20:44 am »

NOW is the time for the Trust and NTFC to sit down and move the situation forward. Whilst both sides have their agenda, common ground has to be found so we as a club move forward and see something tangible ie; a bl**dy East Stand built with a conference centre, finished within 18 months! (any contract MUST have a time limit with penalties!).

The open letter is a welcome initiative but must NOT be a false dawn.

I want MY Trust to open a direct dialogue this week to move things forward.
I want the Trust to ask for quarterly meetings with the club, (eventually Board representation again).
I want the Trust to send a questioinairre to all its members so they have facts rather than opinions what the whole membership wants.

I want NBC and NTFC to put a plan together and have it agreed at the 9th September Council meeting, with a timescale so this farce becomes a painfull distance memory and offers a brighter future for fans of our beloved NTFC!!!!!!                                               

Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #27044 on: August 04, 2020, 08:01:26 am »

I eagerly await the open reply from the trust.
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27045 on: August 04, 2020, 09:20:04 am »

I eagerly await the open reply from the trust.

Agreed. Really hope that, whatever their feelings towards KT, the Trust put them to one side and use the platform offered.

As others have alluded to, any meaningful role in this process for the Trust will only be with the club's blessing. The rights and wrongs of that situation are for another conversation but, if the Trust accept that's the way it is, they appear to have a decent chance to contribute.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #27046 on: August 04, 2020, 09:28:35 am »

For the best outcome for all of us we need the trust to reach out and take this olive branch that has been offered and try and work with Club instead of the continual sniping and digging that we have had from both sides.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #27047 on: August 04, 2020, 11:20:06 am »

The fun will start when it actually becomes clear what a "completed stand" will look like.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #27048 on: August 04, 2020, 11:26:22 am »

No excuse from the trust not to take this offer up...rather than the continual public digs at the current owners

Considering we agree on three of your five points we suggest in the interests of progress we can move past those and focus on understanding the one main point we may disagree on.  James and I will be more than happy to jump on a Zoom call to discuss that point with you and your Board if required.

We are now very encouraged that since you have been clear on what it would require for the Trust to take a more supportive approach the path to achieving that is in sight.  Feel free to email Gareth to set up a call this week if you and/or the Board have availability.

Thank you for your time and we look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,

Kelvin Thomas
Chairman
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27049 on: August 04, 2020, 13:54:18 pm »

No excuse from the trust not to take this offer up...rather than the continual public digs at the current owners

Absolutely. The current impasse is no longer tolerable. As I said in previous posts. I'm tired of my c*cks bigger than yours brigade, and that's not from the club. They have just remained unnecessarily silent at times..  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27050 on: August 04, 2020, 14:09:40 pm »

Can’t we just have a picture on the official site of both sides getting along smiling and cuddling??
Report Spam   Logged
guest3370

« Reply #27051 on: August 04, 2020, 15:28:58 pm »

Haven't you heard about social distancing ?   Huh?     
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #27052 on: August 04, 2020, 16:20:23 pm »

What time is the Zoom call and are there tickets available?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #27053 on: August 04, 2020, 16:33:02 pm »

Haven't you heard about social distancing ?   Huh?     
It’ll be a virtual cuddle won’t it?
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27054 on: August 04, 2020, 19:09:39 pm »

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet but the Trust have replied.

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/trust-response-to-ntfc-chairman-kelvin-thomas
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27055 on: August 04, 2020, 19:14:34 pm »

What time is the Zoom call and are there tickets available?

Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #27056 on: August 04, 2020, 19:19:00 pm »

https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/trust-response-to-ntfc-chairman-kelvin-thomas

Trust response to NTFC chairman Kelvin Thomas

4th Aug 2020

The Supporters Trust has responded to Northampton Town FC chairman Kelvin Thomas, who issued an open letter to the Trust yesterday.

The response is as follows:-

Dear Kelvin,

Thank you for your open letter and fantastic that the Cobblers once again find themselves in League 1.

We have a meeting with Northampton Borough Council later this week to discuss the Sixfields deal and a number of other matters arising.

The Trust board is looking to meet early next week to consider these outcomes and of course discuss your letter.

We will be back in touch after that board meeting when hopefully we can together agree an open and constructive approach towards further discussions.

Best wishes,

Andy Roberts

Chairman

NTFC Supporters Trust
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 19:20:38 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27057 on: August 04, 2020, 19:22:14 pm »

Wouldn't it just be easier to hop on the proffered Zoom call this week and have a nice friendly chat to clear the air? Do they really need a board meeting to decide how to do that!? They really come over as a bunch of bureaucratic stuffed shirts at times.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3338

« Reply #27058 on: August 04, 2020, 19:25:26 pm »

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.
Report Spam   Logged
wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27059 on: August 04, 2020, 19:37:19 pm »

Not really CJ.

This is the biggest opportunity the Trust have had to find out the answers to all their questions in more than 18 months.

You would therefore think that they'd be chomping at the bit to have this meeting.

I appreciate that they're all volunteers and some will be working but these days it isn't hard to arrange a virtual meeting on Zoom or whatever. I would have thought they would want to be talking about it together straight away. I know I would.
Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 [1353] 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 ... 2182   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: