The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 22:48:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 ... 2199   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1842571 times)
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #27080 on: August 05, 2020, 06:13:15 am »

I don't really get the "time to prepare" argument for not arranging a call ASAP. It doesn't need to be a formal meeting, it doesn't need to follow a specific agenda or have a set objective. No one is expecting everything to get miraculously solved by one Zoom chat. It just needs to be a friendly and open chat to establish a dialogue that can be continued into future meetings where hopefully a consensus CAN be reached.

The Trust refer to themselves as "a critical friend" of the club. Friends communicate by talking to each other, not via press releases and open letters.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #27081 on: August 05, 2020, 07:18:21 am »

I don't really get the "time to prepare" argument for not arranging a call ASAP. It doesn't need to be a formal meeting, it doesn't need to follow a specific agenda or have a set objective. No one is expecting everything to get miraculously solved by one Zoom chat. It just needs to be a friendly and open chat to establish a dialogue that can be continued into future meetings where hopefully a consensus CAN be reached.

The Trust refer to themselves as "a critical friend" of the club. Friends communicate by talking to each other, not via press releases and open letters.

Agreed.
With the supposed 'expertise' available to advise and assist them, I'm very suprised that they (The Trust Chairman/Board) have responded in the manner that they have.
An amateur and non-league response from an amateur and non league organisation.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3338

« Reply #27082 on: August 05, 2020, 07:45:32 am »

I think the temperature of the water has been well and truly tested with some of the recent statements.

The Trust seem to have gone from the role of outcast to in demand in just one week.

Many on here and on other social media outlets were saying they didn't represent their members or the fanbase, now fast forward a week and they are being slammed for not dropping everything and having an immediate "remote" meeting with the Club.

Look at the whole picture......the deal is announced..... 7 weeks pass and no mention of it from the club, the Trust secure an FOI and publish their interpretation, and also state their intention to have a meeting with the Council Leader. All of a sudden KT offers out the olive branch to the Trust....... maybe its just me who thinks there's more than one hand being played here!
Nope, it's not just you!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27083 on: August 05, 2020, 08:52:11 am »

Nope, it's not just you!
No it’s not, I completely agree with GPC, there’s more to this sudden interest than meets the eye.
I am sure the trust have the clubs best interests and I fully support them.
KT is a master manipulator of the hard of thinking and is far too clever for the majority of this board, let’s wait and see.......
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #27084 on: August 05, 2020, 09:00:25 am »

It does seem that the truth is closer than ever to coming out , whatever that may be and the continuing delaying of any on or off pitch development may be coming to a pinch point.

I’ve a hunch that if the trust have a meeting with the council first then the talks with the chairman could be very interesting.

Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #27085 on: August 05, 2020, 09:10:02 am »

To the last two posters - do you know something that the rest of us don't? If not, do you have good reason to suspect something?

It's a genuine question. There are countless posts on here from many parties that give a little nod and a wink to shady goings on. I won't be the best-informed on here by a long stretch, but I do read/watch/listen to anything that is made publicly available. Reading this thread sometimes feels like being the only one who doesn't know you're about to get sacked/dumped!
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #27086 on: August 05, 2020, 09:12:27 am »

I understand why the trust have delayed until after the council meeting, but in this instance and with all the mistrust between both parties surely it would have been better for a couple of representatives to jump on a zoom call quickly and just open a dialogue, after their meeting with the council and they then should have information from both Kelvin and NBC to put to their members before setting up a 2nd zoom call with Kelvin to discuss and sort out their issues with him and his with them.
What the trust have come out with smacks very much of pettiness, ie we must have the meeting under our terms not yours.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #27087 on: August 05, 2020, 09:12:44 am »

It's because people want to be able to say "see i told you, i was right and I am the best"
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #27088 on: August 05, 2020, 09:20:43 am »

Except that is not what KT has called for. He has stated that the purpose of the discussion is to attempt resolve the outstanding issues that exist between both parties which isn’t really that informal as it appears to have caused all this hullabaloo? If it was a breaking down of barriers or for the informal purpose of building bridges then KT could have emailed Andy Roberts personally to request a chat and rang him and set the wheels in motion that way? That’s what I would have done if I wanted to build some bridges? To re-iterate Kelvin Thomas has requested this discussion to attempt to resolve the outstanding points, has suggested a meeting for that specific purpose and frankly fair play to him. Should have happened from the outset, if they are all supposedly acting in the best interests of the club then this dispute is a sign of failure on both parts because it definitely hasn’t been in the interests of the club! I Just don’t get the rush? IMO the Trust have fcuked a fair bit up during this process, so the last thing they should be doing is compounding it by being ill prepared. One of the downsides of running an organisation by consensus I’m afraid?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27089 on: August 05, 2020, 09:24:36 am »

It's because people want to be able to say "see i told you, i was right and I am the best"
That’s true, I have been angling for that trophy from the start!
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #27090 on: August 05, 2020, 09:30:55 am »

Except that is not what KT has called for. He has stated that the purpose of the discussion is to attempt resolve the outstanding issues that exist between both parties which isn’t really that informal as it appears to have caused all this hullabaloo? If it was a breaking down of barriers or for the informal purpose of building bridges then KT could have emailed Andy Roberts personally to request a chat and rang him and set the wheels in motion that way? That’s what I would have done if I wanted to build some bridges? To re-iterate Kelvin Thomas has requested this discussion to attempt to resolve the outstanding points, has suggested a meeting for that specific purpose and frankly fair play to him. Should have happened from the outset, if they are all supposedly acting in the best interests of the club then this dispute is a sign of failure on both parts because it definitely hasn’t been in the interests of the club! I Just don’t get the rush? IMO the Trust have fcuked a fair bit up during this process, so the last thing they should be doing is compounding it by being ill prepared. One of the downsides of running an organisation by consensus I’m afraid?

What KT wants from the call and what KT gets are two different things though, and it is within the Trust's gift to make it what they want. If there's an amount of politics going on here, which there most certainly is on both sides, by accepting the call, being nice and friendly and explaining that they have a meeting with the council and they would rather wait until they are in full possession of the facts before going into detail on the matter, have you seen Shaq lately, how's he doing these days? Think we'll ever see him at Sixfields? Blah blah blah then the Trust can be seen to be gracious and take the moral high ground while breaking down barriers and re-establishing a relationship.
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #27091 on: August 05, 2020, 09:37:07 am »

If I was KT I would be taking the trust's actions as a refusal to his offer and tell them to go fúck themselves.
I wonder if the trust will publish full unredacted minutes of their meeting with the council and not just pick items to suit their political agenda.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #27092 on: August 05, 2020, 09:37:44 am »

What KT wants from the call and what KT gets are two different things though, and it is within the Trust's gift to make it what they want. If there's an amount of politics going on here, which there most certainly is on both sides, by accepting the call, being nice and friendly and explaining that they have a meeting with the council and they would rather wait until they are in full possession of the facts before going into detail on the matter, have you seen Shaq lately, how's he doing these days? Think we'll ever see him at Sixfields? Blah blah blah then the Trust can be seen to be gracious and take the moral high ground while breaking down barriers and re-establishing a relationship.
I think we’re in the unusual position of not agreeing on this one BOTN which is not like us, we normally see things fairly similarly? Still time will tell, let’s hope It’s not the case that they take the time to prepare and still fcuk it up, no one would like to see that?
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #27093 on: August 05, 2020, 09:49:16 am »

I think we’re in the unusual position of not agreeing on this one BOTN which is not like us, we normally see things fairly similarly? Still time will tell, let’s hope It’s not the case that they take the time to prepare and still fcuk it up, no one would like to see that?

Indeed!
Report Spam   Logged

wazzacobbler

Warrington Cobblers Supporters

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27094 on: August 05, 2020, 09:55:53 am »

If I was KT I would be taking the trust's actions as a refusal to his offer and tell them to go fúck themselves.

That's not very fair singcobb. The Trust haven't said that they won't have a meeting with the club.

I do see the way they've responded as being a bit "wait your turn" though.

Report Spam   Logged

Host and Producer of the It's All Cobblers To Me podcast
@CobblersToMe @charlescommins
guest3086

« Reply #27095 on: August 05, 2020, 13:01:29 pm »

I think people should sit back and look at what has happened here because KT does not act on a whim. He followed his video attack very swiftly by a public letter. His attention in my view is to try and swat an irritant. He wants to shame the Trust in the eye of the support. If he really wanted to be pals with the Trust he would befriend them and then announce it. You don't send a round-robin letter to all your in-laws to get your estranged spouse back!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #27096 on: August 05, 2020, 13:11:13 pm »

I think people should sit back and look at what has happened here because KT does not act on a whim. He followed his video attack very swiftly by a public letter. His attention in my view is to try and swat an irritant. He wants to shame the Trust in the eye of the support. If he really wanted to be pals with the Trust he would befriend them and then announce it. You don't send a round-robin letter to all your in-laws to get your estranged spouse back!

Or he thought he'd come over a little strong in the video and wanted to publicly offer an olive branch? I'm not saying it's one or the other, just that it could just as easily be either.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #27097 on: August 05, 2020, 13:43:46 pm »

I wonder if the trust will publish full unredacted minutes of their meeting with the council and not just pick items to suit their political agenda.
Moronic statement.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #27098 on: August 05, 2020, 13:53:22 pm »

To the last two posters - do you know something that the rest of us don't? If not, do you have good reason to suspect something?

It's a genuine question. There are countless posts on here from many parties that give a little nod and a wink to shady goings on. I won't be the best-informed on here by a long stretch, but I do read/watch/listen to anything that is made publicly available. Reading this thread sometimes feels like being the only one who doesn't know you're about to get sacked/dumped!
I’m not privy to anything it’s just the impression that comes across caused by the way the whole saga has played out.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #27099 on: August 05, 2020, 13:54:43 pm »

Moronic statement.

Weird, they usually come from you.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 [1355] 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 ... 2199   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: