The Hotel End
May 09, 2021, 00:21:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1106326 times)
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #28120 on: April 14, 2021, 20:41:21 pm »

How much is a Saints price?
Report Spam   Logged

English Chelsea fan this is your last game
We're not Galatasaray We're Sparta FC.
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #28121 on: April 14, 2021, 20:42:49 pm »

When I looked a couple of years ago prices started at £38.
Report Spam   Logged
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #28122 on: April 14, 2021, 21:41:50 pm »

When I looked a couple of years ago prices started at £38.
Jeez. Could never understand the attraction of watching a sport live where half the time you cant see where the ball is or what's happening to it. Much better on telly.
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28123 on: April 14, 2021, 22:01:29 pm »

Yet season tickets are available for as little as £185 (limited quantity at the front of the Barwell Stand), or more commonly priced at £465 for the season, that will get you 11 Premiership games, 2 or three European pool games, 2 or three Premiership Cup games, free entry to pre season friendlies and Wanderers (second string) games.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
CJ

View Profile
« Reply #28124 on: April 14, 2021, 22:36:24 pm »

Yet season tickets are available for as little as £185 (limited quantity at the front of the Barwell Stand), or more commonly priced at £465 for the season, that will get you 11 Premiership games, 2 or three European pool games, 2 or three Premiership Cup games, free entry to pre season friendlies and Wanderers (second string) games.
So 17 games at circa £27 each..that's more realistic isn't it?
I've actually been to Franklin Gardens just once, for a representative game when I was a schoolkid. I think it was East Mids vs BaaBaas but I couldnt be sure. Did see the Rugby Lions a few times when they were mixing it with the top sides though.
I wonder what position HRH played during his formative years?
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28125 on: April 14, 2021, 22:58:51 pm »

So are the dream team worth their salt, or is total childs play a bit too difficult considering it's gone on for about 5 years?

As I have sad until Iím bored with it. If the council donít want to let the land go to the club, then just get on and sell to someone else. If they do want to let it go to the club, just make sure that any agreement is watertight in terms of the use of the enabling money and its division between the development of NTFC, plus what the owners can personally gain from it. It actually is childís play.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28126 on: April 15, 2021, 00:05:18 am »

As I have sad until Iím bored with it. If the council donít want to let the land go to the club, then just get on and sell to someone else. If they do want to let it go to the club, just make sure that any agreement is watertight in terms of the use of the enabling money and its division between the development of NTFC, plus what the owners can personally gain from it. It actually is childís play.

Thomas and Bower hold the land leases? Not the council.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Massive Massey

View Profile
« Reply #28127 on: April 15, 2021, 02:23:21 am »

I doubt it would double anything. At a generous estimate they just about break even from our part of the deal.

I've never really worked out what we bring in from match day revenue, including season tickets. Iíd imagine itís quite a bit south of 2 million. I canít much change out of 1.3 million on just the players wages. Throw in the rest of the staff that take an income, there's your season match day money gone. Yeah, thereís a few quid in endorsements, hospitality, conferencing etc.

Thereís no money at all in lower league football. In fact, I doubt it there is more than a handful of teams that operate at a genuine profit in any league. Where as far as I know, the Saint show a very healthy return. We have to be realistic, as you were in what you was saying previously. The only thing that is viable, is the enabling money from the adjoining land. And that should only ever be signed over to ANYONE, in receipt of a full legally agreed development plan, that shows a clear path to the ground development. In fact, total childís play to any developer worth their salt.

I'm in total agreement as you know with regards to Sixfields and the land, the club needs other income to survive just as any other club.

The (fantasy) question posed was if both clubs shared a facility in which case you can separate the financial income of the "brands" and the revenue stream of the "stadium." The football club play more fixtures and therefore a shared facility would generate greater income than being sat empty. The Cobblers would also enjoy greater revenue from the improved facilities and matchday experience.

We all know having two stadiums a mile apart is nuts and that "Northampton" should have a stadium, better for everyone, including the residents and shoppers!

However, this is Northampton...
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28128 on: April 15, 2021, 08:00:22 am »

Hereís an example.
https://www.liberty-stadium.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28129 on: April 15, 2021, 08:24:17 am »

Thomas and Bower hold the land leases? Not the council.

The council are the landlords. They are the enforcing party of anything encompassed within the original lease. Plus they made changes (June 2018) to try allegedly clear the path for the East stand development.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28130 on: April 15, 2021, 08:42:03 am »

The council are the landlords. They are the enforcing party of anything encompassed within the original lease. Plus they made changes (June 2018) to try allegedly clear the path for the East stand development.

So it theoretically made the childs play even easier. So to repeat my earlier question; Are they worth their salt?
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Massive Massey

View Profile
« Reply #28131 on: April 15, 2021, 09:46:40 am »

For Sixfields and our town it would make absolute sense. This town however has not one shred of common sense, just infighting.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28132 on: April 15, 2021, 11:42:13 am »

Yes, but you said: " If the council donít want to let the land go to the club." Bower and Thomas hold the CDNL leases, and the club (owners) hold the stadium leases. So it's not as simple as "if the council don't want..."
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
« Reply #28133 on: April 15, 2021, 12:14:32 pm »

Sorry about another thread regards redevelopment!

The club currently have a job going for box office and CRM manager, nothing really interesting in that! However in the job description the following job role requirements are listed:-

c) Working with the club Chairman on how ticketing and stadium entry will work post re-development.
d) Look at costs and benefits of implementing an access control system into the stadium. Looking at avenues open to increasing matchday revenue and cost savings by having a full or part system in place.

Am I reading too much into this, or doe this mean the stadium work is not far from kicking off???

If you knew then what you know now  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28134 on: April 15, 2021, 12:22:29 pm »

9 years ago......... Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobblertone

View Profile
« Reply #28135 on: April 15, 2021, 12:51:02 pm »

9 years ago......... Cry

Doesn't time fly! Mad that it is over 26 years ago since the late Martin Aldridge dip his flip. Who knew that we'd have a ground worse than the one we started with.
Not too surprised that the level of football hasn't moved on as it's all most of us have ever known, unless you are a proper fogey! (no offence Evers  Wink)
Report Spam   Logged

All he had to do was build a stand.
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28136 on: April 15, 2021, 19:34:48 pm »

Doesn't time fly! Mad that it is over 26 years ago since the late Martin Aldridge dip his flip. Who knew that we'd have a ground worse than the one we started with.
Not too surprised that the level of football hasn't moved on as it's all most of us have ever known, unless you are a proper fogey! (no offence Evers  Wink)
26 years 🤔 where did that go? Sixfields is slowly morphing into the County Ground, itís getting that look and feel.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28137 on: April 15, 2021, 19:42:32 pm »

26 years 🤔 where did that go? Sixfields is slowly morphing into the County Ground, itís getting that look and feel.

It's not that good!!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #28138 on: April 15, 2021, 22:52:53 pm »

Think I'm right in saying that the Football Club, the Rugby Club and the Council all have a third share. So much foresight and common sense. In Northampton none of the powers that be can see further than the end of their nose.
Report Spam   Logged
Steve Massive Massey

View Profile
« Reply #28139 on: April 16, 2021, 04:17:27 am »

Even before I left the UK for sunnier shores I had stopped going to Sixfields and only travelled away. If a dedicated, lifelong supporter is put off by going to Sixfields how many potential newbies or fair-weather fans have also felt uninspired to go?

I remember the excitement of work starting, then almost immediately as the stands went up I thought, is that it? Typical Northampton I thought, another amazing opportunity wasted by small time, backward thinking. I still remained positive however, its a actually a clever stadium with three lower tiers with temporary roofs ready to go, easily and quickly expanded and soon it will look very different. A quarter of a century ago.

Now its even more than embarrassing and unlike some here, I do connect the surroundings and your environment with success, maybe that's because I've spent my life in construction.

The only way I can see some movement gained is by pressure. Maybe a few home games next season should be walk outs, and I don't mean start creeping out to your car after another depressing 85 minutes! Maybe don't go in at all, just attend? One or two games wont be financially terminal but it will certainly make some sit up.

We cant be sure post covid how attendances will hold up, sure they will be down for sometime but even if covid was a bad dream I wouldn't expect an average much above 3500 next season.

The only way some will sit up and take notice is if there are 1000's on the hill outside and the stadium empty for some home games, banners, chanting, picket lines, even some mild misbehavior! It will gain media coverage quickly.

As spelt out on here ad infinitum there are solutions and this stand off between club owners and risk averse local officialdom needs to end. As Hammy has alluded to, either cut the land off or add it to the package with (clear suggested) preferred planning options attached.

Only this way will it be clear to potential new purchasers as to what they're getting and with land actually makes us a better proposition than many clubs.

Some say we're lucky just to have a club with all that's going on, I don't agree. This is a huge town, in an incredible position and with the correct offers on the table investment will follow. Put up for sale with several acres (with clear outlying planning) attached, the club will fly and possible to local investors.

The council/development team of the town have been shown to be inept and easily conned on almost every occasion, given a piece of land and money they have no idea, the town is frankly a mess so offering a piece of land with the club to outside developers/investors would be the best way forward and only then the area might develop productively.

Some sunny Saturday afternoons on the hill with a few bevvies, its a start and nothing to lose except seeing Barrow take 3 points home.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 [1407] 1408 1409   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: