The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:32:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819975 times)
Barty and 34 Guests are viewing this topic.
Shoemender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #28020 on: April 15, 2021, 07:42:03 am »

The council are the landlords. They are the enforcing party of anything encompassed within the original lease. Plus they made changes (June 2018) to try allegedly clear the path for the East stand development.

So it theoretically made the childs play even easier. So to repeat my earlier question; Are they worth their salt?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28021 on: April 15, 2021, 08:46:40 am »

For Sixfields and our town it would make absolute sense. This town however has not one shred of common sense, just infighting.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28022 on: April 15, 2021, 10:42:13 am »

The council are the landlords. They are the enforcing party of anything encompassed within the original lease. Plus they made changes (June 2018) to try allegedly clear the path for the East stand development.

Yes, but you said: " If the council don’t want to let the land go to the club." Bower and Thomas hold the CDNL leases, and the club (owners) hold the stadium leases. So it's not as simple as "if the council don't want..."
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #28023 on: April 15, 2021, 11:14:32 am »

Sorry about another thread regards redevelopment!

The club currently have a job going for box office and CRM manager, nothing really interesting in that! However in the job description the following job role requirements are listed:-

c) Working with the club Chairman on how ticketing and stadium entry will work post re-development.
d) Look at costs and benefits of implementing an access control system into the stadium. Looking at avenues open to increasing matchday revenue and cost savings by having a full or part system in place.

Am I reading too much into this, or doe this mean the stadium work is not far from kicking off???

If you knew then what you know now  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28024 on: April 15, 2021, 11:22:29 am »

9 years ago......... Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #28025 on: April 15, 2021, 11:51:02 am »

9 years ago......... Cry

Doesn't time fly! Mad that it is over 26 years ago since the late Martin Aldridge dip his flip. Who knew that we'd have a ground worse than the one we started with.
Not too surprised that the level of football hasn't moved on as it's all most of us have ever known, unless you are a proper fogey! (no offence Evers  Wink)
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28026 on: April 15, 2021, 18:34:48 pm »

Doesn't time fly! Mad that it is over 26 years ago since the late Martin Aldridge dip his flip. Who knew that we'd have a ground worse than the one we started with.
Not too surprised that the level of football hasn't moved on as it's all most of us have ever known, unless you are a proper fogey! (no offence Evers  Wink)
26 years 🤔 where did that go? Sixfields is slowly morphing into the County Ground, it’s getting that look and feel.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28027 on: April 15, 2021, 18:42:32 pm »

26 years 🤔 where did that go? Sixfields is slowly morphing into the County Ground, it’s getting that look and feel.

It's not that good!!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #28028 on: April 15, 2021, 21:52:53 pm »

Think I'm right in saying that the Football Club, the Rugby Club and the Council all have a third share. So much foresight and common sense. In Northampton none of the powers that be can see further than the end of their nose.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28029 on: April 16, 2021, 03:17:27 am »

Even before I left the UK for sunnier shores I had stopped going to Sixfields and only travelled away. If a dedicated, lifelong supporter is put off by going to Sixfields how many potential newbies or fair-weather fans have also felt uninspired to go?

I remember the excitement of work starting, then almost immediately as the stands went up I thought, is that it? Typical Northampton I thought, another amazing opportunity wasted by small time, backward thinking. I still remained positive however, its a actually a clever stadium with three lower tiers with temporary roofs ready to go, easily and quickly expanded and soon it will look very different. A quarter of a century ago.

Now its even more than embarrassing and unlike some here, I do connect the surroundings and your environment with success, maybe that's because I've spent my life in construction.

The only way I can see some movement gained is by pressure. Maybe a few home games next season should be walk outs, and I don't mean start creeping out to your car after another depressing 85 minutes! Maybe don't go in at all, just attend? One or two games wont be financially terminal but it will certainly make some sit up.

We cant be sure post covid how attendances will hold up, sure they will be down for sometime but even if covid was a bad dream I wouldn't expect an average much above 3500 next season.

The only way some will sit up and take notice is if there are 1000's on the hill outside and the stadium empty for some home games, banners, chanting, picket lines, even some mild misbehavior! It will gain media coverage quickly.

As spelt out on here ad infinitum there are solutions and this stand off between club owners and risk averse local officialdom needs to end. As Hammy has alluded to, either cut the land off or add it to the package with (clear suggested) preferred planning options attached.

Only this way will it be clear to potential new purchasers as to what they're getting and with land actually makes us a better proposition than many clubs.

Some say we're lucky just to have a club with all that's going on, I don't agree. This is a huge town, in an incredible position and with the correct offers on the table investment will follow. Put up for sale with several acres (with clear outlying planning) attached, the club will fly and possible to local investors.

The council/development team of the town have been shown to be inept and easily conned on almost every occasion, given a piece of land and money they have no idea, the town is frankly a mess so offering a piece of land with the club to outside developers/investors would be the best way forward and only then the area might develop productively.

Some sunny Saturday afternoons on the hill with a few bevvies, its a start and nothing to lose except seeing Barrow take 3 points home.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #28030 on: April 16, 2021, 09:37:51 am »

In our episode with Kieran Maguire recently we talked about the loan from NBC to the club and Kieran made some very good points on what could and should have been done by the council to ensure that the money was spent in the agreed and correct manner.

While blame undoubtably lies with those on both sides, the council at the time did very little it would seem to ensure the money was spent on redeveloping the stadium.

Kieran also talks through the latest accounts and gives some very interesting insight into what they say about the football club.

You can listen to it by clicking here and there will be a full transcript up on the same link next week for those who would rather read.
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28031 on: April 16, 2021, 12:21:43 pm »

In our episode with Kieran Maguire recently we talked about the loan from NBC to the club and Kieran made some very good points on what could and should have been done by the council to ensure that the money was spent in the agreed and correct manner.

While blame undoubtably lies with those on both sides, the council at the time did very little it would seem to ensure the money was spent on redeveloping the stadium.

Kieran also talks through the latest accounts and gives some very interesting insight into what they say about the football club.

You can listen to it by clicking here and there will be a full transcript up on the same link next week for those who would rather read.
Looking forward to it Charles. It’s fairly self evident that the whole process was handled with Neolithic incompetence by the council. The real question remains was it really incompetence or by design? Surely the management at the council couldn’t have been that incapable could it?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #28032 on: April 16, 2021, 17:07:09 pm »

Good listen, thanks for sharing 👍🏻
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28033 on: April 16, 2021, 20:24:46 pm »

Even before I left the UK for sunnier shores I had stopped going to Sixfields and only travelled away. If a dedicated, lifelong supporter is put off by going to Sixfields how many potential newbies or fair-weather fans have also felt uninspired to go?

I remember the excitement of work starting, then almost immediately as the stands went up I thought, is that it? Typical Northampton I thought, another amazing opportunity wasted by small time, backward thinking. I still remained positive however, its a actually a clever stadium with three lower tiers with temporary roofs ready to go, easily and quickly expanded and soon it will look very different. A quarter of a century ago.

Now its even more than embarrassing and unlike some here, I do connect the surroundings and your environment with success, maybe that's because I've spent my life in construction.

The only way I can see some movement gained is by pressure. Maybe a few home games next season should be walk outs, and I don't mean start creeping out to your car after another depressing 85 minutes! Maybe don't go in at all, just attend? One or two games wont be financially terminal but it will certainly make some sit up.

We cant be sure post covid how attendances will hold up, sure they will be down for sometime but even if covid was a bad dream I wouldn't expect an average much above 3500 next season.

The only way some will sit up and take notice is if there are 1000's on the hill outside and the stadium empty for some home games, banners, chanting, picket lines, even some mild misbehavior! It will gain media coverage quickly.

As spelt out on here ad infinitum there are solutions and this stand off between club owners and risk averse local officialdom needs to end. As Hammy has alluded to, either cut the land off or add it to the package with (clear suggested) preferred planning options attached.

Only this way will it be clear to potential new purchasers as to what they're getting and with land actually makes us a better proposition than many clubs.

Some say we're lucky just to have a club with all that's going on, I don't agree. This is a huge town, in an incredible position and with the correct offers on the table investment will follow. Put up for sale with several acres (with clear outlying planning) attached, the club will fly and possible to local investors.

The council/development team of the town have been shown to be inept and easily conned on almost every occasion, given a piece of land and money they have no idea, the town is frankly a mess so offering a piece of land with the club to outside developers/investors would be the best way forward and only then the area might develop productively.

Some sunny Saturday afternoons on the hill with a few bevvies, its a start and nothing to lose except seeing Barrow take 3 points home.

Fantastic post with some suggestions on affirmative action.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28034 on: April 16, 2021, 20:40:56 pm »

Fantastic post with some suggestions on affirmative action.
There is a game on  you know, although I couldn't blame you for losing interest. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Keith

View Profile
« Reply #28035 on: April 16, 2021, 21:05:02 pm »

So true, but it will never change i was there at Shrewsbury,  etc etc etc etc, and every time we are promised it won't happen again but it does
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28036 on: April 23, 2021, 21:47:02 pm »

Cant recall seeing this on here before? However, if like me you have an interest in such matters this document is, well, er interesting. (I struggled for an appropriate vernacular there)
http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/documents/s51284/NTFC%20report.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #28037 on: April 24, 2021, 03:55:47 am »

One comment KT made in his Radio Northampton interview was 'The bulldozers could be on site before Christmas'!
I am not saying I believe it but it is the first time I have heard any specific timescale.

Although he also said he had 4 million pounds ringfenced!.......we can hope!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28038 on: April 24, 2021, 10:26:20 am »

Cant recall seeing this on here before? However, if like me you have an interest in such matters this document is, well, er interesting. (I struggled for an appropriate vernacular there)
http://www.northamptonboroughcouncil.com/documents/s51284/NTFC%20report.pdf

I wonder how much that cost to tell us something we didn't already know.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28039 on: April 24, 2021, 11:49:30 am »

One comment KT made in his Radio Northampton interview was 'The bulldozers could be on site before Christmas'!

But did he say which Christmas 😜

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 [1402] 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: