The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:18:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819427 times)
TVOR, Coolcat and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28320 on: May 24, 2021, 21:02:05 pm »

I’m not sure that is the best way to exert influence. That could also be used as a method of appeasing the fan base and as such controlling it. I could give the cleaner a nominal seat on our board, would give them any power though. If there was anything that I didn’t want their colleagues to know I would say it outside the boardroom. I’m just trying to make the point that a seat on the board isn’t the advantage some would imagine, IMO.
Put it this way, a seat on the board is better than no seat on the board.Regular meetings with the directors is better than silence.
Otherwise why would KT not give the Trust a seat?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28321 on: May 24, 2021, 21:14:12 pm »

The issue still remains the same as far as I am concerned. It is total piece of pi$$ to canvass the membership and ask them their thoughts. Rather than generating questions with no mandate derived from any recent or mid term endorsement from those who they allegedly represent. Even if you could hold an open forum, it wouldn’t even touch the sides of the membership. Nobody turns up to a Trust open meeting unless they have a decent guest speaker.

It’s simple. Stop meeting in private, with no published minutes. How on the earth is that remotely in line with the Trusts own charter of alleged inclusiveness.

Oh dear, you just won't stop will you?

You say "stop meeting in private" and yet in the same message say that nobody turns up unless there is a decent speaker?

As far as I know meetings are not held in private, i've always been told that any Trust member can register an interest in attending any meeting. Certainly the last AGM there were, if I remember rightly, four non-board members present.....I will say it again....engagement works both ways!

There has recently been a survey carried out by the Trust and advertised on all the FB forums as far as I could see. February and March this year....888 respondents.....

News article here..... https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/infrastructure-the-conversations-big-talking-point

Done in two parts.... Trust members were asked in February..... results here.... https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/trust-members-vote-on-football-conversation-survey

Wider Northampton public asked in March....results here..... https://www.ntfctrust.co.uk/news/article/public-vote-backs-football-reform

I don't know about you but I can see correlation between the questions asked of the club, and those high scoring results from the fans and wider public.

Now please Nigel, start thinking about what you're saying before putting up another Trust bashing post.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28322 on: May 24, 2021, 21:18:37 pm »

Put it this way, a seat on the board is better than no seat on the board.Regular meetings with the directors is better than silence.
Otherwise why would KT not give the Trust a seat?

More work to conduct 2 meetings, one in the presence of the Trust, one when not. They will only get told what they want them to know, a bit like now really. Except should that happen they can hide behind the member of the Trust with the title. My view is it weakens the Trusts position, but it’s not totally clear cut.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #28323 on: May 24, 2021, 21:20:46 pm »

I think you'll find that the Supporters Trust had a seat on the board until September 2015 (when Andy Clarke resigned) and then after the takeover was completed a couple of months later the seat on the board was gone.....not to be revisited by KT.
My memory fails me. Yes, it was other way around I think. They insisted that there be no Trust representation upon takeover?
Report Spam   Logged
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #28324 on: May 24, 2021, 21:27:00 pm »

our vocal support base is spread thinly across The Shoe Army, pro-Trust, anti-Trust, Sixfields Travel Group, the podcast group and others besides. There is no collective view as there are all these different factions who don't seem to get on with each other due to past incidents.

Can you leave us out of this please.

I'm sick of seeing people say the podcast is some sort of rival to the Supporters Trust. IT IS NOT. It is simply a conduit for me and my friends to talk about the club we support. I'm not looking to galvanise a following and march on the offices at Sixfields.

The only people that I see talking about these different entities as "factions" are the ones creating them. I doubt any of them were ever set up to rival the Supporters Trust but it is my opinion and belief that the Trust could learn a lot from them. I certainly didn't sit down and say I'll create the podcast to become the new representatives of the supporters to the football club.

I have my views, as a life member, of the Trust and have shared those opinions on the podcast in the past as is my right. Anyone that has ever actually listened to me when I've done so, will hear me say that all I want is for the Trust to be the best it can be.

GPC, I welcome you answering questions and chatting to other posters on here with your Trust Board Member hat on. It is a positive step forward in my opinion.

Yes, communication is a two-way street but if no one is aware of you, what you're doing and how to communicate with you it simply won't happen.

Posting a link to the latest Trust update on the different Facebook groups is good but it isn't enough. The way social media works is that you have to hang around and chat casually with the people you want to reach. This means joining in with the conversation started by other posters. People get to know you (or in this case The Trust) and start to see what you're about. Then you can say "oh by the way, here's a thing from us. If you have any questions then please do ask." People will already know that you'll respond to them because you do on posts not started by yourself.

And yes, I know you're all volunteers but it doesn't take any more time to login to the Trust's twitter account and reply to a few conversations being had by other Cobblers fans. A simple tweet in reply to a club tweet would put you into the conversation.

One of the things I really would love to see the Trust do is engage with the younger generations of Cobblers fans. There are plenty of them out there doing great things. The YouTube guys of Matt and Will, Luke Thoday who recently designed and had the flag made in memory of Lee Collins. These are the type of people the Trust want to be engaging with and finding out what they want from their football club. If Luke can raise over £200 in the space of a couple of hours for a flag, imagine what else he can do.

As always, I'm happy to chat about this, the podcast or anything that anyone would like to talk about. All I want is for NTFC to be successful.

Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
guest3338

« Reply #28325 on: May 24, 2021, 21:30:16 pm »

I’m not sure that is the best way to exert influence. That could also be used as a method of appeasing the fan base and as such controlling it. I could give the cleaner a nominal seat on our board, would give them any power though. If there was anything that I didn’t want their colleagues to know I would say it outside the boardroom. I’m just trying to make the point that a seat on the board isn’t the advantage some would imagine, IMO.
Quite possibly Melbourne but from my very naive perspective I'd still take a seat over no seat. Maybe having representstion in the first instance would also provide an extra impetus for the Trust to become a more effective force?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #28326 on: May 24, 2021, 21:37:37 pm »

I'm sick of seeing people say the podcast is some sort of rival to the Supporters Trust. IT IS NOT. It is simply a conduit for me and my friends to talk about the club we support. I'm not looking to galvanise a following and march on the offices at Sixfields.

The only people that I see talking about these different entities as "factions" are the ones creating them. I doubt any of them were ever set up to rival the Supporters Trust but it is my opinion and belief that the Trust could learn a lot from them. I certainly didn't sit down and say I'll create the podcast to become the new representatives of the supporters to the football club.

I have my views, as a life member, of the Trust and have shared those opinions on the podcast in the past as is my right. Anyone that has ever actually listened to me when I've done so, will hear me say that all I want is for the Trust to be the best it can be.

GPC, I welcome you answering questions and chatting to other posters on here with your Trust Board Member hat on. It is a positive step forward in my opinion.

Yes, communication is a two-way street but if no one is aware of you, what you're doing and how to communicate with you it simply won't happen.

Posting a link to the latest Trust update on the different Facebook groups is good but it isn't enough. The way social media works is that you have to hang around and chat casually with the people you want to reach. This means joining in with the conversation started by other posters. People get to know you (or in this case The Trust) and start to see what you're about. Then you can say "oh by the way, here's a thing from us. If you have any questions then please do ask." People will already know that you'll respond to them because you do on posts not started by yourself.

And yes, I know you're all volunteers but it doesn't take any more time to login to the Trust's twitter account and reply to a few conversations being had by other Cobblers fans. A simple tweet in reply to a club tweet would put you into the conversation.

One of the things I really would love to see the Trust do is engage with the younger generations of Cobblers fans. There are plenty of them out there doing great things. The YouTube guys of Matt and Will, Luke Thoday who recently designed and had the flag made in memory of Lee Collins. These are the type of people the Trust want to be engaging with and finding out what they want from their football club. If Luke can raise over £200 in the space of a couple of hours for a flag, imagine what else he can do.

As always, I'm happy to chat about this, the podcast or anything that anyone would like to talk about. All I want is for NTFC to be successful.

I'd be interested to know since you are a life member of the Trust, if you thought about providing these podcasts  from under the umbrella of the Trust? I would add that I have no idea of the commercial implications of doing so.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28327 on: May 24, 2021, 21:42:48 pm »

Thanks for your response and firstly I apologise for any offence caused, if there was any! "Factions" was perhaps not the right word to use, but I can see by the differing FB groups for example that certain names are aligned to and regular post in one but not others....I guess "fragmented" would be a better word. There are a large number of posters from this site who now no longer post on here but are active in other places.
I do see other clubs with more joined up social media fan participation than ours!  

I honestly believe that people are aware of the Trust...the links I have posted above to the recent survey brought in 888 responses, now that more than the total membership of the Trust so there must be some awareness outside of the current membership purely based on those figures.

I know we (The Trust) have a lot to do and yes, you're right, we definitely need to do more to engage with the younger generation. As I have previously said we have talked about and are hoping to offer free or at least discounted membership for under 25's next year, the Trusts 30th anniversary year and the Clubs 125th.

I will say, at this point, I don't tweet....tried it and never got along with Twitter so have never been active on that front.....sorry, its just not for everyone! I do know though that other board members do pick up on tweets, one of them mentions them on a daily basis in our Whatsapp group. I will do my bit on here to engage, and perhaps be more active on some of the FB groups of which I am a member.

Again, apologies for my choice of wording....no offence meant.....and keep up your good work and all the good things you do in the name of NTFC.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 22:51:31 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28328 on: May 24, 2021, 21:51:53 pm »

I'd be interested to know since you are a life member of the Trust, if you thought about providing these podcasts  from under the umbrella of the Trust? I would add that I have no idea of the commercial implications of doing so.

Hi CJ,

When I first started the podcast I spoke to Andy Roberts and said I’d be happy to tell our listeners about what was happening with the Trust and when it is relevant we do talk what they’re doing.

It isn’t something I would consider doing, making the podcast a part of the Trust. As I said, I didn’t set it up to rival any other thing. There was a gap in the market at the time where the only Cobblers content came from the BBC, the Chron and the club itself. There wasn’t anywhere sharing the fan opinion that could say “we’re sh1t” without reprisal.

If it were to become a marketing tool for an entity other than my own business (I’m a freelance podcast producer), it wouldn’t be mine anymore.

Having said that, I’d be happy to have people from the Trust on as a guest whenever there is a reason to.
Report Spam   Logged

New podcasts released every Tuesday talking all things Northampton Town. Join in by sending your thoughts to podcast@cobblerstome.com or @CobblersToMe on Twitter.

Click here to listen.
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28329 on: May 24, 2021, 21:58:20 pm »

Thanks for your response and firstly I apologise for any offence caused, if there was any! "Factions" was perhaps not the right word to use, but I can see by the differing FB groups for example that certain names are aligned to and regular post in one but not others....I guess "fragmented" would be a better word. There are a large number of posters from this site who now no longer post on here but are active in other places.
I do see other clubs with more joined up social media fan participation than ours!  

I honestly believe that people are aware of the Trust...the links I have posted above to the recent survey brought in 888 responses, now that more than the toal membership of the Trust so there must be some awareness outside of the current membership purely based on those figures.

I know we (The Trust) have a lot to do and yes, you're right, we definitely need to do more to engage with the younger generation. As I have previously said we have talked about and are hoping to offer free or at least discounted membership for under 25's next year, the Trusts 30th anniversary year and the Clubs 125th.

I will at this point I don't tweet....tried it and never got along with Twitter so have never been active on that front.....sorry, its just not for everyone! I do know though that other board members do pick up on tweets, one of them mentions them on a daily basis in our Whatsapp group. I will do my bit on here to engage, and perhaps be more active on some of the FB groups of which I am a member.

Again, apologies for my choice of wording....no offence meant.....and keep up your good work and all the good things you do in the name of NTFC.

No offence taken and perhaps you are right that the social media is more widely spread than with some other clubs.

It’s good that social posts are being noticed by Trust board members but talking about them in a private WhatsApp group isn’t engaging with the conversation. Do you all have access to the Facebook and Twitter accounts? Or is it one person acting as the social media manager?

I appreciate not all social channels are for all people. Twitter can be a right old tw4t at times!
Report Spam   Logged

Click here to listen.
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28330 on: May 24, 2021, 22:48:28 pm »

No offence taken and perhaps you are right that the social media is more widely spread than with some other clubs.

It’s good that social posts are being noticed by Trust board members but talking about them in a private WhatsApp group isn’t engaging with the conversation. Do you all have access to the Facebook and Twitter accounts? Or is it one person acting as the social media manager?

I appreciate not all social channels are for all people. Twitter can be a right old tw4t at times!

Its engaging with them in as much as "we" follow them. I look at Facebook and am of course on here, other board members are all over Twitter and not on here....between us all I believe we cover most if not all out the outlets. Then of course we will discuss as a collective because as i've already said, I don't see the Tweets and some others don't see the stuff on here...so we talk about it all together and the easiest way to talk about it is on Whatsapp! There certainly isn't a dedicated social media manager....I keep an eye on here and engage on here as i've been on this board for many a year.
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28331 on: May 25, 2021, 06:35:40 am »

I think you’ve raised some really good points, what springs to mind for me is why don’t you help the Trust out with their social media output? If you want what’s best for NTFC then it’s a no brainier.
You could act as a consultant at the very least?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28332 on: May 25, 2021, 07:41:38 am »

I think you’ve raised some really good points, what springs to mind for me is why don’t you help the Trust out with their social media output? If you want what’s best for NTFC then it’s a no brainier.
You could act as a consultant at the very least?

The majority of what I said last night I have said in conversations with Andy Roberts previously.

I’m not taking the credit here but the Trust started posting its links in the Facebook groups after a phone call between Andy and I where we talked about going to your audience instead of expecting them to come to you. This was in relation to the message board they had setup on their own website.

I personally wouldn’t manage their social media for them for a couple of reasons.

Firstly because that isn’t what I do or enjoy. I understand the principles of how to do it in a way that will increase engagement and have, and will, always been happy to pass that on to them.

Secondly, over the last few years I have not agreed with the Trust’s position. I am one of the people that they need to win back. I’m not in the position to therefore champion them.
Report Spam   Logged

Click here to listen.
guest3338

« Reply #28333 on: May 25, 2021, 08:10:35 am »

Hi CJ,

When I first started the podcast I spoke to Andy Roberts and said I’d be happy to tell our listeners about what was happening with the Trust and when it is relevant we do talk what they’re doing.

It isn’t something I would consider doing, making the podcast a part of the Trust. As I said, I didn’t set it up to rival any other thing. There was a gap in the market at the time where the only Cobblers content came from the BBC, the Chron and the club itself. There wasn’t anywhere sharing the fan opinion that could say “we’re sh1t” without reprisal.

If it were to become a marketing tool for an entity other than my own business (I’m a freelance podcast producer), it wouldn’t be mine anymore.

Having said that, I’d be happy to have people from the Trust on as a guest whenever there is a reason to.
Ok, thanks for replying.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28334 on: May 25, 2021, 08:19:50 am »

The majority of what I said last night I have said in conversations with Andy Roberts previously.

I’m not taking the credit here but the Trust started posting its links in the Facebook groups after a phone call between Andy and I where we talked about going to your audience instead of expecting them to come to you. This was in relation to the message board they had setup on their own website.

I personally wouldn’t manage their social media for them for a couple of reasons.

Firstly because that isn’t what I do or enjoy. I understand the principles of how to do it in a way that will increase engagement and have, and will, always been happy to pass that on to them.

Secondly, over the last few years I have not agreed with the Trust’s position. I am one of the people that they need to win back. I’m not in the position to therefore champion them.
Thanks for the reply, IMHO the club are in real danger as things stand, would you not consider at least getting more involved with the Trust?  We are all talking about the trust as some foreign entity, it exists to protect NTFC and right now it needs all the support it can get from its supporters, the fan base needs galvanising and for sure social media is the conduit for this.
I fully appreciate you don’t enjoy it but if we don’t act I think we could be without a club and are in far more danger than is visible.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28335 on: May 25, 2021, 08:59:37 am »

Thanks for the reply, IMHO the club are in real danger as things stand, would you not consider at least getting more involved with the Trust?  We are all talking about the trust as some foreign entity, it exists to protect NTFC and right now it needs all the support it can get from its supporters, the fan base needs galvanising and for sure social media is the conduit for this.
I fully appreciate you don’t enjoy it but if we don’t act I think we could be without a club and are in far more danger than is visible.
Well said Manny.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28336 on: May 25, 2021, 09:31:07 am »

Well said Manny.
👍👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
CobblersToMePod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28337 on: May 25, 2021, 10:06:39 am »

I appreciate what you are saying Manny but it isn't for me I'm afraid.

As well as the two reasons I gave in my first reply, I simply don't have the time. Sh1t excuse I know but I'm already stretched as it is with everything I do.

For me to get involved with the Trust, firstly they would have to allow me to never attend meetings as I live too far away to get to them in person and secondly, I would have to give up some of my other responsibilities which I'm not currently prepared to do.

Personally I don't share your opinion that the club is in real danger. While they may not have the financial clout to take us to the top of League One, I don't believe that they would simply walk away and stop paying the bills. If they were going to do that, they probably would have done it before they racked up half the amount shown as debt in the club accounts.

Of course I may well be wrong but I haven't seen anything to suggest that it will happen.

Yes, I want the East Stand debacle to be over and put the question of "why won't you finish it?" to the Chairman at every opportunity. But I also don't want the size of the debt to the owners to increase further. I can't have it both ways so I won't often get involved with the discussion. Although I guess I just have. Oops!
Report Spam   Logged

Click here to listen.
NottsCobbler

View Profile
Windows User Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #28338 on: May 25, 2021, 10:56:18 am »

On the back of reading this discussion guys, I've reached out to the Trust to see if I can help or support with their digital/website/social media output in any way.

Having previously worked at Nottingham Forest for eight years as their website and social media manager, I'm happy to try and bring any experience to the table (although I appreciate working in club media is a different kettle of fish!)

There are so many conversations going on and strong ideas being thrown around, it's time we started bringing them all together Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #28339 on: May 25, 2021, 10:58:55 am »

I appreciate what you are saying Manny but it isn't for me I'm afraid.

As well as the two reasons I gave in my first reply, I simply don't have the time. Sh1t excuse I know but I'm already stretched as it is with everything I do.

For me to get involved with the Trust, firstly they would have to allow me to never attend meetings as I live too far away to get to them in person and secondly, I would have to give up some of my other responsibilities which I'm not currently prepared to do.

Personally I don't share your opinion that the club is in real danger. While they may not have the financial clout to take us to the top of League One, I don't believe that they would simply walk away and stop paying the bills. If they were going to do that, they probably would have done it before they racked up half the amount shown as debt in the club accounts.

Of course I may well be wrong but I haven't seen anything to suggest that it will happen.

Yes, I want the East Stand debacle to be over and put the question of "why won't you finish it?" to the Chairman at every opportunity. But I also don't want the size of the debt to the owners to increase further. I can't have it both ways so I won't often get involved with the discussion. Although I guess I just have. Oops!
Fair enough 👍 but any help you could give them would be great, GPC I guess it’s over to you guys to come up with some ideas, podcast anybody?

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 [1417] 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: