The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:59:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 2180   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819278 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28420 on: May 28, 2021, 15:46:33 pm »

That’s a bit harsh mate, if you don’t agree with it you’d just tick strongly disagree, fan ownership is self perpetuating anyway, if enough fans purchase shares then it’s all good.

Not harsh, two different questions that will receive two different answers.
The Trust board appear to be taking the answer to the first as an answer to the second question that wasn't even asked.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28421 on: May 28, 2021, 16:03:17 pm »

Please re-read my last post....I am not disappearing, I have said i will continue to post in the correct place, I have said I am willing to receive personal messages, all I have said is that i'm not going to be drawn into the tit-for-tat personal s*** that is being posted at the moment.

That's the professional thing to do, its not running off in a huff......

It truly is pathetic though for certain posters to compare me to Matt Hancock! I honestly can not fathom the thought process of certain individuals on here!

As for "bashing the Trust", It feels like I've had more questions asked of me and the Trust board in the past couple of weeks than Thomas and Bower have about their stewardship of the Club in six years.

Many of you seem happy with the status quo, in fact that's what (the rather woolly) poll on this board a couple of weeks ago seemed to suggest......and that's fine. Each to their own.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28422 on: May 28, 2021, 16:18:30 pm »

I think it has now got to the stage where "Trust Board Bashing" has become a bit tiresome for me, especially by a couple of administrators/moderators of this site.

I shall continue to post Trust updates in the relevant section on this board, and shall continue to post as a fan in other threads, but as for the tit-for-tat stuff that has gone on in here recently, nah, its not for me i'm afraid.

Anyone who wants any information or has any other comments then they can contact me by personal message on here, or to the Trust by already published methods.

I don't think it's "trust bashing", but as much as anything it is frustration. The Trust could be the go to people for anything to do with NTFC fans for everyone from the NTFC Board to local and maybe one day national media. However things like a survey that was either questioned in such a way as to illicit a specific response or just cobbled together on a fag packet do not help. If it takes The Trust becoming more of a "supporters' club" to start to involve the wider supporter base then give it a go. For people to sit up and take notice a lot larger sample of the supporter base needs to somehow be brought on board.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28423 on: May 28, 2021, 16:19:02 pm »

Fans owning shares is great, until it comes time for the need of a large cash injection. Every one of those shareholders has to stump up their percentage, if they don't their shares are diluted and you lose the 50+1.
You could borrow money from a bank, lend money to the club or issue shares and keep the 50+1 rule.
It’s a good point and stops clubs overspending, Bury anyone?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28424 on: May 28, 2021, 16:22:01 pm »

You could borrow money from a bank, lend money to the club or issue shares and keep the 50+1 rule.
It’s a good point and stops clubs overspending, Bury anyone?

One problem there is that banks have a funny habbit of wanting there money and pound of flesh returned. A bond issue could work, but then the club has to have the money at the payback time to honour them.
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28425 on: May 28, 2021, 17:15:11 pm »

I have to say I looked at the questions from the Trust to the club and couldn't see much wrong with them. I wouldn't envisage the club disclosing who potential sponsors may be, but to me the rest seemed fair game and the answers if forthcoming will shed an important light on what potential state the club could be in when Kelvin and David Bower decide their tenure has come to an end.

Perhaps a couple of them are a bit blunt i.e do you have an exit strategy, but after having owners for six years and being no nearer knowing what their plans are for the development of the East Stand land or how long they sees themselves here for, I fail to see any reason in the Trust being coy for much longer on those issues.

With regards to fan ownership, it's very clear to anyone that wants to do the basic minimum of research that the Trust is pursuing it as a rainy day policy. I cannot understand why anyone would not want them to pursue it - we'd be daft to think the club could never enter a crisis again and I speak from experience here when I would prefer a Trust that is ready to go with a potential plan than leaping into the unknown as we did last time.

During the last crisis I had businessmen ringing me up at work wanting the buy the club, I can't tell you what a weird and unexpected experience that was that I was totally unequipped for Grin

The issue of the Trust actively pursuing a purchase of the football club or becoming involved in a 50+1 model outside of a crisis i.e as things stand, is a different matter. For me, yes that would require further and much more detailed consultation with the membership, because it's beyond the original brief that its members ratified at the 2018 AGM. But then I haven't seen any evidence that they are intending to do that, merely to continue exploring the rescue model.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28426 on: May 28, 2021, 17:38:14 pm »

That had to be the wooliest survey I have ever seen. It talks about the exploration as opposed to the actual pursuance.

Are you Matt Hancock in disguise.

BTW. I never received those questions.

In the spirit of openness... It might have been published elsewhere.. How many responses did you receive?

You're right Nigel, it does talk about exploration rather than pursuance, so why do people think the Trust is acting as it it had some unofficial mandate to bring the club into fan ownership?

The Matt Hancock jibe.... pathetic

BTW, there were available and I posted links to the surveys and results the day before yesterday...you obviously didn't read them...which is strange as they were in a post which was a direct response to your accusation.

As for numbers..... the figures were 197 Trust members responded in the two weeks in February when the survey was open exclusively to members, then in March it was opened up to the wider footballing public and promoted on Twitter, the various FB groups etc, and this brought the total number of respondents to 888 (including the aforementioned 197)

You'll need to ask yourself why you didn't take part, either as a member or as a supporter. I can't give you that answer!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28427 on: May 28, 2021, 17:52:50 pm »

Trust 2 - Tel 0 and a yellow card for the Hancock reference.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28428 on: May 28, 2021, 19:53:24 pm »

You really have been bitten by the narky bug, haven’t you. It was clearly a joke.

Here’s a few 😁😁😁 to help you navigate the mind field that is sarcasm 🙄🙄🙄

I am not interested in surveys on here, the Trust website, or on any site. As I have said repeatedly, canvass the members. Not some ambiguous survey. The Trust can certainly afford it. Write out and ensure all are reached.

Anyway. No point in pursuing it further. You clearly feel you have accurately gauged the mood of supporters of NTFC. Whilst myself and OTHERS disagree. So I’ll leave it to you and the rest of the Kingsley Park massive to defend us whilst we sleep..

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #28429 on: May 28, 2021, 19:58:25 pm »

You're right Nigel, it does talk about exploration rather than pursuance, so why do people think the Trust is acting as it it had some unofficial mandate to bring the club into fan ownership?

BTW, there were available and I posted links to the surveys and results the day before yesterday...you obviously didn't read them...which is strange as they were in a post which was a direct response to your accusation.

As for numbers..... the figures were 197 Trust members responded in the two weeks in February when the survey was open exclusively to members, then in March it was opened up to the wider footballing public and promoted on Twitter, the various FB groups etc, and this brought the total number of respondents to 888 (including the aforementioned 197)

You'll need to ask yourself why you didn't take part, either as a member or as a supporter. I can't give you that answer!

For some reason, administrators of this site clearly have an axe to grind in regard to the Trust. Weird really as the Trust is hardly sinister. The fact that not a shovel has been raised at the Pity-us arena in 6 years since Bowers paid his quid is hardly the fault of the Trust. They must be bitter, poor blighters.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #28430 on: May 28, 2021, 20:09:35 pm »

You really have been bitten by the narky bug, haven’t you. It was clearly a joke.

Here’s a few 😁😁😁 to help you navigate the mind field that is sarcasm 🙄🙄🙄

I am not interested in surveys on here, the Trust website, or on any site. As I have said repeatedly, canvass the members. Not some ambiguous survey. The Trust can certainly afford it. Write out and ensure all are reached.

Anyway. No point in pursuing it further. You clearly feel you have accurately gauged the mood of supporters of NTFC. Whilst myself and OTHERS disagree. So I’ll leave it to you and the rest of the Kingsley Park massive to defend us whilst we sleep..

One of the striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28431 on: May 28, 2021, 22:29:23 pm »

For some reason, administrators of this site clearly have an axe to grind in regard to the Trust. Weird really as the Trust is hardly sinister. The fact that not a shovel has been raised at the Pity-us arena in 6 years since Bowers paid his quid is hardly the fault of the Trust. They must be bitter, poor blighters.

I actually believe it’s the other way around. There is a reasonable spread of contributors who share a similar opinion to me. Yet it is only the site administrators who are singled out for their opinions on the Trust.

As Corporal Jones used to say. “They don’t like it up them”.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28432 on: May 28, 2021, 22:42:42 pm »

To be fair 888 is a fairly healthy response number. We have an average home support of what, around just under 5k? I wonder what the total support base is including people such as myself who can’t make games but watch Ifollow etc? To be honest whilst passions run high on here, I assumed we were some sub-culture in an internet backwater and the wider support base wasn’t that arsed? I personally think that level of interaction shows some green shoots of potential? Not that I am any sort of marketing expert or anything?

The Trust have made an effort to reach out, perhaps the drafting could have been improved, but it’s a start. I do feel a bit sorry for the Trust, they are pushed for more engagement and when they do they get a bit of a kicking? Need to be a bit careful, a more cynical observer may claim it was deliberately clumsy to invite criticism and then create a justification for not continuing with the engagement process? I’m sure that’s not the case, but it shows how things can be twisted to suit any agenda if you are so inclined. I would encourage the Trust to continue and expand on what they have done. Perhaps with a little more considered drafting and a little less confrontation collectively we may start to move forward. Whatever your thoughts on all this, for the good of the club in the long term Trust has to succeed as a representative body.

Finally I myself would like to thank Simon (GPC) for his efforts so far. After all, he is new to the role, is on a massive learning curve and has thrown himself right into the firing line from the get go, so pretty admirable as far as I am concerned. Perhaps all this discussion may just lead to something positive?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28433 on: May 28, 2021, 23:02:57 pm »

Sorry just one more observation. I have sat on numerous boards and committees over the years. Every single one of them contained individuals with a mish mash of varying opinions and motives. In all that time not once was there anything close to a undisputed unified opinion on anything despite any any final decisions publicised. Never happened, never will and I don’t believe it’s any different over at Trust House.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3429

« Reply #28434 on: May 29, 2021, 02:22:06 am »

I just want to stand up for Matt Hancock.

Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28435 on: May 29, 2021, 02:44:57 am »

I just want to stand up for Matt Hancock.

Me too, he was good on They Think It’s All Over.
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28436 on: May 29, 2021, 07:42:11 am »

Trust 2 - Tel 0 and a yellow card for the Hancock reference.

I demand a recount and the card recinded 😀😀

On accounted of of Trust boards creative questions and a sense of humour bypass.. 😎

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28437 on: May 29, 2021, 09:23:18 am »

One of the striking differences between a cat and a lie is that a cat has only nine lives.

I would take it easy old chap as this spat may end in tears or worse for you!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3086

« Reply #28438 on: May 31, 2021, 18:52:04 pm »

I rebuilt a long stretch of the fence that runs down one boundary of my property and am pleased to report I had a surplus of postcrete. Naturally I have donated the remainder without reward to the new east stand construction. A little goes a long way, as the parson said to the milkmaid.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28439 on: May 31, 2021, 20:51:24 pm »

I rebuilt a long stretch of the fence that runs down one boundary of my property and am pleased to report I had a surplus of postcrete. Naturally I have donated the remainder without reward to the new east stand construction. A little goes a long way, as the parson said to the milkmaid.

or the Bishop to the actress
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 [1422] 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... 2180   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: