The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 15:22:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1819948 times)
Zen Master (+ 1 Hidden) and 35 Guests are viewing this topic.
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #28460 on: June 11, 2021, 19:23:13 pm »

Forget the negativity, apparently KT has bought 4 of the little vee-hick-ules what brought the ball to the field in the opening euro 20xx game so there is a lot to look forward to.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28461 on: June 11, 2021, 19:30:09 pm »

Will Diana Ross be taking a penalty to rev things up?
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3086

« Reply #28462 on: June 11, 2021, 19:50:02 pm »

Diana Ross is supreme but Pip has great expectations.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28463 on: June 12, 2021, 05:26:35 am »

Maybe Des O'Conner is making a come back?
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #28464 on: June 12, 2021, 07:17:17 am »

That New Hotel End seems so pie in the sky. Football stadium with a stage built into the back?

The bars and things look a good addition but the rest looks silly.

Plus the obvious funding question that is already being dodged early on.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #28465 on: June 12, 2021, 07:39:59 am »

That New Hotel End seems so pie in the sky. Football stadium with a stage built into the back?

I just had a look at the website and thought "I recognise this airy fairy, self important and heavy-with-sixth-form-level-similes writing style" so I looked at the contacts section and, sure enough, it's our old friend Tom Reed.

More pie in the sky idealism to go along with the infamous leaflet, I'm afraid...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #28466 on: June 12, 2021, 09:56:41 am »

More Meccano stand bullsh!lt.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Keith

View Profile
« Reply #28467 on: June 12, 2021, 21:11:58 pm »

to quote the Buzzcocks ......
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28468 on: June 13, 2021, 08:13:48 am »

I’m sure that most of us will have seen The New Hotel End posts on Twitter and Facebook. I see that there is a post today about a stage being built into the back of a stand to create a music venue.

Whilst I’m supportive of creative thinking and having a vision for improving the match day experience I keep thinking all very nice but where’s the money coming from and outside of match days who would want to use it?
 When you have a stadium still located in the heart of a community you have a greater chance of success and increased use of facilities throughout the year. Quite honestly I can’t wait to get away from Sixfields after the final whistle.

The club has had planning permission for a marquee behind the north stand which could be a decent sized bar and this would be a good start.

Renewed my season tickets today for another season of blind faith

When this popped up on Facebook, I immediately thought it was another discussion forum. I’m the first to admit that I’m rarely in touch with most things. So at the risk of stating the obvious.... Is is pure the brain child of Tom Reid? Just a vision from his mind that he believes has some legs?

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28469 on: June 13, 2021, 09:03:29 am »

Morning mate.
 There is a website now set up as well which gives the vision, partners, possibilities over funding plus a bit more.

https://www.newhotelend.com/ 
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #28470 on: June 13, 2021, 09:27:49 am »

Imagine one day you are standing in the street when some random bloke approaches you, gives you a nudge and says "See that building there? It's really not living up to its potential. It would make a great location for a shop so we're going to knock the downstairs through to make it into the shop floor, flatten the garden to make room for the stockroom and then rearrange the layout upstairs to make it into self contained living space for the shopkeeper. We've spoken to a few mates and they all think it's a great idea."

And you reply: "That's my house, mate. No one has spoken to me about it and I have my own plans for it so you can f*** right off."

That's essentially what seems to be going on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28471 on: June 13, 2021, 11:16:40 am »

Imagine one day you are standing in the street when some random bloke approaches you, gives you a nudge and says "See that building there? It's really not living up to its potential. It would make a great location for a shop so we're going to knock the downstairs through to make it into the shop floor, flatten the garden to make room for the stockroom and then rearrange the layout upstairs to make it into self contained living space for the shopkeeper. We've spoken to a few mates and they all think it's a great idea."

And you reply: "That's my house, mate. No one has spoken to me about it and I have my own plans for it so you can **** right off."

That's essentially what seems to be going on here.
That’s not quite right Botnetti. My understanding is that it goes.

"See that building there? It's really not living up to its potential. It would make a great location for a shop so we're going to knock the downstairs through to make it into the shop floor, flatten the garden to make room for the stockroom and then rearrange the layout upstairs to make it into self contained living space for the shopkeeper. We've spoken to a few mates and they all think it's a great idea." And by the way your fcuking paying for it. Otherwise you have to sell it for a pound”.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #28472 on: June 13, 2021, 11:30:36 am »

That’s not quite right Botnetti. My understanding is that it goes.

"See that building there? It's really not living up to its potential. It would make a great location for a shop so we're going to knock the downstairs through to make it into the shop floor, flatten the garden to make room for the stockroom and then rearrange the layout upstairs to make it into self contained living space for the shopkeeper. We've spoken to a few mates and they all think it's a great idea." And by the way your fcuking paying for it. Otherwise you have to sell it for a pound”.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28473 on: June 13, 2021, 13:43:49 pm »

Morning mate.
 There is a website now set up as well which gives the vision, partners, possibilities over funding plus a bit more.

Thanks Zen...

This lot and the Trust really need to spend a bit less time playing the football equivalent of the Sims.... 😂😂😂.

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28474 on: June 13, 2021, 17:22:25 pm »

Whilst the NHE seems very pie in the sky and detached from reality, the Trust are again banging the Fan Ownership drum.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28475 on: June 13, 2021, 23:11:34 pm »

Whilst the NHE seems very pie in the sky and detached from reality, the Trust are again banging the Fan Ownership drum.
It may need to be an option sooner than you think!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3359

« Reply #28476 on: June 14, 2021, 07:58:40 am »

Morning mate.

Conceptually great, slightly over reaching but then I'm naturally pessimistic  Sad
With the 'next steps' what is the time frame. I know you mention its weeks old and the stadium is years unfinished but do you have a target date for at least point 1?

1. Initial funding roadmapping with Dave Boyle of the Community Shares Company
2. Pre-Feasibility and Feasibility Studies with Mott Macdonald.
3. Capital raise (Tifosy/Community Shares Company) or alternative funding options.
Report Spam   Logged
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28477 on: June 14, 2021, 08:10:21 am »

It may need to be an option sooner than you think!

If that’s the case, they should get our support. In a crisis is where fan ownership belongs.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28478 on: June 14, 2021, 09:32:32 am »

It's fantastic that some are working on ideas and putting websites together, I would never knock the effort however, I can't see any benefit or commercial viability for the club with this particular idea for the north stand. Sorry but its an X from me!

Are those working on it from a development and commercial construction background or just fancy an after match gig, if the sun shines?

If you want a Hotel End, submit plans for a hotel and incorporate it within the north stand, way more chance of raising the necessary funds.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #28479 on: June 14, 2021, 09:51:58 am »

It's fantastic that some are working on ideas and putting websites together, I would never knock the effort however, I can't see any benefit or commercial viability for the club with this particular idea for the north stand. Sorry but its an X from me!

Are those working on it from a development and commercial construction background or just fancy an after match gig, if the sun shines?

If you want a Hotel End, submit plans for a hotel and incorporate it within the north stand, way more chance of raising the necessary funds.
I think there are some good ideas in there that will bring benefit, and some that are overly ambitious that I don't think will be acted upon. But I have been saying for along time that we haven't seen anything constructive from people just lots of whining and now this group has a starting point. I would guess that some will be ruled out following a review on costs, but if you don't ask you don't know, and some may be for a later date that will be dependent upon other successes or investments etc

There are examples of lots of the ideas already out there, for example there is stage under Twickenham (yes I get the scale differences) but it brings people to the bars more than anything. I currently drink away from the stadium but if there was live music on I would go there (as long as I can put up with the old man complaining about how loud it is). Fan villages with a choice of more than just a hot dog or burger are usually busy where I have seen them (although they have to be staffed right. Last time I went Saints it took almost 40 mins to get a beer so missed the start of the second half).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 [1424] 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: