The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 10:52:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 ... 2200   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1843693 times)
Observing, TVOR (+ 2 Hidden) and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.
Keith

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #28660 on: June 19, 2021, 19:05:07 pm »

My view is that it is better to ensure we have a competitive team capable of holding its own in League one and more. If there is sufficient funds available by all means finish the East Stand to cost effective standard capable of generating income. Any improvements should be done in a likewise manner ensuring they are capable of additional revenue. One step at a time. I don’t believe that a 12 to 15k capacity is essential now or in near future. Much will depend on progress on the pitch.

Quite simply at the moment I am bored with your pointless quips/brownie points scoring. In your parlance - move on.but I expect the libel lawyers maybe rubbing their hands at your manic persistent rambling.
I am surprised that you have not as yet been cautioned. I am not calling you a trouble maker but you are giving a pretty good impression of one. Furthermore your views are hardly an opinion any more or indeed representative of this board's general opinion. Your making too much of yourself, - why not now give it a rest! Either that or you have very persistent tooth ache.
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #28661 on: June 19, 2021, 19:44:57 pm »

I'm not sure who you’ve encountered on here or anywhere else who wouldn’t agree with that sentiment. The acrimony doesn’t stem from some not wanting progress, that’s a given. It stems from varying opinions on how to achieve the desired outcome.

How would you suggest we persuade those that count.. If you can give us an answer to that, you will doubtless achieve Kissinger status immediately.

The petty point scoring was referring to 12th on Random about there being no need for a bigger stadium.
Henry Kissinger has no positive status in my eyes.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28662 on: June 19, 2021, 19:49:53 pm »

Cobblernick97uk , maybe just stick to away games. Seeing as you dont support your team could be an idea to find another team who has a nice comfy stadium for you and you friends .
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #28663 on: June 19, 2021, 20:13:03 pm »

Cobblernick97uk , maybe just stick to away games. Seeing as you dont support your team could be an idea to find another team who has a nice comfy stadium for you and you friends .

He does just stick to away games and he does support his team. Why do new posters often seem to get such a hard time on here? I can understand his viewpoint, it is a shîthole and as I said earlier, I know some fans who don’t go for that reason and I’m sure others do too.
 Welcome to The Hotel End Cobblernick and ignore the knockers.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #28664 on: June 19, 2021, 20:48:36 pm »

You’re just trying to twist his words. He said “The reason we don’t sell out is the lack of decent seats, then he said; “A bigger capacity would give us more seats in the middle”. He never said; “The reason we never sell out is because the ground isn’t big enough”. Are you a Chelsea fan as well.
Let me know where I said that he used those exact words yeah. Actually, let me know where I said anybody had said those actual words

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
Cobblernick97uk

View Profile
Level 3 Topic Starter 10 Posts
« Reply #28665 on: June 19, 2021, 21:28:25 pm »

This tone is hardly necessary is it?. For someone with as many posts on here as you, I’d expect you to be less sensitive. I wonder if you’d have the guts to tell me to my face?

I also suggest you learn what a supporter actually is. I have full respect for people who watch on iFollow, or just home games, away games, or just check the scores online.

Also, I’m not the only person who thinks our ground is embarrassing. It’s clearly not highly thought of, seeing as this thread was started years ago. All I’m doing is contributing, without firing bullets at people.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28666 on: June 19, 2021, 22:25:24 pm »

To be fair, yes you're entitled to support the team as you like, I supported the Town at the County Ground too, so I know a crap ground when I see it.I support them at Sixfields because this offers financial help to the team I support.
And, yes I would be brave enough to tell it to your face.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #28667 on: June 19, 2021, 22:28:28 pm »

Quite simply at the moment I am bored with your pointless quips/brownie points scoring. In your parlance - move on.but I expect the libel lawyers maybe rubbing their hands at your manic persistent rambling.
I am surprised that you have not as yet been cautioned. I am not calling you a trouble maker but you are giving a pretty good impression of one. Furthermore your views are hardly an opinion any more or indeed representative of this board's general opinion. Your making too much of yourself, - why not now give it a rest! Either that or you have very persistent tooth ache.

This is merely a personal attack and has little relevance on this thread. In your parlance bore off and let the Mods call the shots😇
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
Search 5000 Posts Level 6
« Reply #28668 on: June 19, 2021, 23:24:11 pm »

The petty point scoring was referring to 12th on Random about there being no need for a bigger stadium.
Henry Kissinger has no positive status in my eyes.

So you have no more clue than anybody else how to resolve the current impasse?

Just another pointless post.

As for me, I remain the same, but at least have a stance beyond the point scoring 😀 and sound bites. Let the council tossers and KT cross the T's and dot the I's and get something sorted. Whilst all the fantasy chairman losers keep searching for their day in the sun. If their wallets and efforts matched their mouths they might have a stake in the real world of running a football club.

Just hold me close Roman…… xxxxx
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 07:26:00 am by Terryfenwickatemyhamster » Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28669 on: June 19, 2021, 23:36:39 pm »

The stadium isn't big enough to sell out. Pretty much heard it all now.

Ground, stadium, pretty much the same thing now.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #28670 on: June 19, 2021, 23:39:53 pm »

You are certainly surly. It seems weird to me that you would only attend if you had a gucci seat. I would follow the Cobblers to a s***ehole in a desert town and often do. My bae often comes with me and the only regret is the result!

My ask as politely as possible what bae stands for. Do you mean babe? Absolutely polite question!
Report Spam   Logged

guest3429

« Reply #28671 on: June 20, 2021, 02:05:47 am »

My view is that it is better to ensure we have a competitive team capable of holding its own in League one and more. If there is sufficient funds available by all means finish the East Stand to cost effective standard capable of generating income. Any improvements should be done in a likewise manner ensuring they are capable of additional revenue. One step at a time. I don’t believe that a 12 to 15k capacity is essential now or in near future. Much will depend on progress on the pitch.

One step at a time? - Sweet Jesus. Its been 25 years!

Luckily for everyone at the club your frankly absurd views and opinions are contained here mostly. They are also at odds with Derek Banks, Barry Stonhill, your mate Cardoza and now Kelvin Thomas who all have looked into increasing capacity, which says something doesn't it?

Funding stadium improvements has nothing to to do with playing budget so that's your first theory kicked into the long grass.

Lets make it simple for you. Lets assume the new management team have some minor aspirations of success on the field, maybe even dare to challenge for promotion, maybe a cup run too? Are we straying too far into the realms of fantasy?

So next season, we happen to reach round 3 and draw lets say, Leicester at home and as if by magic we have a capacity of 15k, would you expect an attendance of a)6500  b)9000 or c)12,000

The season continues to be a relative success and we somehow manage to reach the play offs and face Swindon over two legs, again I post the same question, a,b or c?

We have just read posts here from people actively put off by the Sixfields experience, "embarrassed" even. I too when in the UK will not go to Sixfields, call me what you want but I want a decent day out so will only go away. I am not alone.

If my utterly fanciful scenario actually played out, those new or returning supporters would have enjoyed being part of the 12,000+ crowds and improved atmosphere, able to get seats together, 3,4 in a row not families and friends separated, squeezed into the extremities, as Random rightly points out. They enjoy the experience so much, similarly to the Swansea game at Wembley, they tell their friends, unashamedly they invite people along for the next experience, knowing they will be entertained. This is how it works, just the same as any business.

Forgive me but my somewhat fanciful story continues... To our collective delight, Messrs Brady, Calderwood, Richards, Sampson get us promoted back to league one and the fixture list comes out. The first three home games are against Peterborough, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. I'll refer you again to my previous options, choose a,b or c?

Very few Premier league grounds sell out to capacity, if you think waiting until people are banging on the door to come in is the correct time to expand your business, it will never happen and you will have potentially lost a huge proportion of new business elsewhere. It doesn't matter if you sell coffee, warehousing and distribution or football the philosophy is exactly the same.

I can give you a guarantee, not an opinion. If an impressive new stand emerged, lauded and promoted on the media it would be full for its opening game. Impress the new occupants and there's a very good chance they will return.

This is not for you to dispel as some whimsical idea, these are facts and backed up by the intentions of most previous and current owners who have wished for a larger and better equipped stadium. In 30 odd years in commercial and domestic property development, I have never once heard your theory before?
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #28672 on: June 20, 2021, 04:47:02 am »

IF the East Stand is expanded in the near future, 2 points I hope are addressed.

!) After Covid restrictions are lifted a section is given over to unreserved seating, so groups can meet together. Even if it means you are only allowed to sell 90% of the sections capacity.

2) The reason I believe Executive Boxes are important is concerning future local investment. Like it or not the type of person with the finance is going to want facilities, against a seat in the North Stand! I know 2 or 3 Business people who presently do not attend regularly BUT would have a box and hopefully more involvement in the future. One in particular owns 14 successful companies.

I really hope Friday's information is not a false dawn, plus the VERY patient supporters are given a probable timeline!
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #28673 on: June 20, 2021, 07:09:01 am »

One step at a time? - Sweet Jesus. Its been 25 years!

Luckily for everyone at the club your frankly absurd views and opinions are contained here mostly. They are also at odds with Derek Banks, Barry Stonhill, your mate Cardoza and now Kelvin Thomas who all have looked into increasing capacity, which says something doesn't it?

Funding stadium improvements has nothing to to do with playing budget so that's your first theory kicked into the long grass.

Lets make it simple for you. Lets assume the new management team have some minor aspirations of success on the field, maybe even dare to challenge for promotion, maybe a cup run too? Are we straying too far into the realms of fantasy?

So next season, we happen to reach round 3 and draw lets say, Leicester at home and as if by magic we have a capacity of 15k, would you expect an attendance of a)6500  b)9000 or c)12,000

The season continues to be a relative success and we somehow manage to reach the play offs and face Swindon over two legs, again I post the same question, a,b or c?

We have just read posts here from people actively put off by the Sixfields experience, "embarrassed" even. I too when in the UK will not go to Sixfields, call me what you want but I want a decent day out so will only go away. I am not alone.

If my utterly fanciful scenario actually played out, those new or returning supporters would have enjoyed being part of the 12,000+ crowds and improved atmosphere, able to get seats together, 3,4 in a row not families and friends separated, squeezed into the extremities, as Random rightly points out. They enjoy the experience so much, similarly to the Swansea game at Wembley, they tell their friends, unashamedly they invite people along for the next experience, knowing they will be entertained. This is how it works, just the same as any business.

Forgive me but my somewhat fanciful story continues... To our collective delight, Messrs Brady, Calderwood, Richards, Sampson get us promoted back to league one and the fixture list comes out. The first three home games are against Peterborough, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday. I'll refer you again to my previous options, choose a,b or c?

Very few Premier league grounds sell out to capacity, if you think waiting until people are banging on the door to come in is the correct time to expand your business, it will never happen and you will have potentially lost a huge proportion of new business elsewhere. It doesn't matter if you sell coffee, warehousing and distribution or football the philosophy is exactly the same.

I can give you a guarantee, not an opinion. If an impressive new stand emerged, lauded and promoted on the media it would be full for its opening game. Impress the new occupants and there's a very good chance they will return.

This is not for you to dispel as some whimsical idea, these are facts and backed up by the intentions of most previous and current owners who have wished for a larger and better equipped stadium. In 30 odd years in commercial and domestic property development, I have never once heard your theory before?

Very good post, with some very good points, very well put. Just what several of us have been alluding to only to be dismissed as living in Lala land or not being realistic. Prepare to be shot down.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #28674 on: June 20, 2021, 08:49:59 am »

It's all conjecture. We will only know if the time comes when we have a bigger stadium.

There is the cost of building/extending a stand versus the income it will generate an to consider. Is the capital outlay be worthwhile? Increased capacity may lead to increased crowds but enough for it to be financially worthwhile? I don't think the demand is there, just my opinion.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28675 on: June 20, 2021, 09:26:11 am »

Sixseats is an absolute embarrassment, it needs a complete overhaul, it reflects the owner’s interest in our short, medium and long term future.
Even a top tier on the east stand with executive boxes above would see a significant rise in NTFCs ability to generate income not just on match days but also during the week.
I posted on here years ago a study by Deloitte about how to fund stadium development, they used PNE as an example.
The return on investment for a stand is probably circa 10years+ but what it also delivers is an increase in turnover which could allow for a bigger transfer budget if you wanted to stretch out your ROI.
PNE leased out parts of the stand to various different businesses who paid rent, e.g a well know gym chain, this would again increase revenue and reduce ROI or increase on the pitch investment.
I have been saying for weeks there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, the timing of this is a direct result of what’s about to come out, my advise would be don’t be drawn in by KTs BS he’s full of it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 10:13:39 am by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #28676 on: June 20, 2021, 10:47:19 am »

Sixseats is an absolute embarrassment, it needs a complete overhaul, it reflects the owner’s interest in our short, medium and long term future.
Even a top tier on the east stand with executive boxes above would see a significant rise in NTFCs ability to generate income not just on match days but also during the week.
I posted on here years ago a study by Deloitte about how to fund stadium development, they used PNE as an example.
The return on investment for a stand is probably circa 10years+ but what it also delivers is an increase in turnover which could allow for a bigger transfer budget if you wanted to stretch out your ROI.
PNE leased out parts of the stand to various different businesses who paid rent, e.g a well know gym chain, this would again increase revenue and reduce ROI or increase on the pitch investment.
I have been saying for weeks there’s a lot going on behind the scenes, the timing of this is a direct result of what’s about to come out, my advise would be don’t be drawn in by KTs BS he’s full of it.

The key is our owners (and most businesses) don’t think that long term.
As you said, if you spent £5m and put 1,000 on every gate you’d be looking at a 10 year payback.
It must be the worst time to write any kind of business plan with so much uncertainty. Conference facilities and offices are sitting dormant.
I’m intrigued by your inside info and background shenanigans. It’s not that the earth is flat and the Illuminati are about to take over is it?  Grin Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #28677 on: June 20, 2021, 11:09:08 am »

Unrelated but just dealt with someone who was very entertaining but clearly a tad unhinged…and also a fantastic kitchen fitter. Talking of ‘knowing’ what was going on in the world, although he had no information on the redevelopment…He had something new every day and long theories to back them up:
- the world is flat.
- world debt was going to be reset to zero…that was meant to happen in March.
- ‘events’ in Iceland.
- anything and everything about the next big Bitcoin.

He had a way of really drawing you in, to the point of having to remind yourself he was talking total b*llox. I think he was mainly fed by YouTube rabbit holes. He’d make for a great Joe Rogan guest.
Did an amazing job on my kitchen though.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28678 on: June 20, 2021, 12:32:35 pm »

The key is our owners (and most businesses) don’t think that long term.
As you said, if you spent £5m and put 1,000 on every gate you’d be looking at a 10 year payback.
It must be the worst time to write any kind of business plan with so much uncertainty. Conference facilities and offices are sitting dormant.
I’m intrigued by your inside info and background shenanigans. It’s not that the earth is flat and the Illuminati are about to take over is it?  Grin Tongue
What makes it all the more interesting is that KT knows we know, as do the council.
Not long to wait.
BTW we can all make CGIs to bluff and blunder the hard of thinking, it’s actions with planning and the end result that matters.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 12:38:12 pm by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #28679 on: June 20, 2021, 13:12:14 pm »

Unrelated but just dealt with someone who was very entertaining but clearly a tad unhinged…and also a fantastic kitchen fitter. Talking of ‘knowing’ what was going on in the world, although he had no information on the redevelopment…He had something new every day and long theories to back them up:
- the world is flat.
- world debt was going to be reset to zero…that was meant to happen in March.
- ‘events’ in Iceland.
- anything and everything about the next big Bitcoin.

He had a way of really drawing you in, to the point of having to remind yourself he was talking total b*llox. I think he was mainly fed by YouTube rabbit holes. He’d make for a great Joe Rogan guest.
Did an amazing job on my kitchen though.

My wife (4th) is after a new kitchen told her one stop at the time & must be cost efffective! On a more serious note get your man  to join the Forum asking him to study the Development Thread and comment plus recommendations eagerly sought!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 [1434] 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 ... 2200   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: