The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:13:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820668 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28760 on: June 25, 2021, 16:39:16 pm »

1st floor level executive boxes, hospitality and disabled access
So basically just finishing off the stand to a bare minimum.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28761 on: June 25, 2021, 16:40:51 pm »

I’m sure that will be the case. I’m pretty sure what was shown will be on the web page later or tomorrow. Quite well attended whilst I was there and KT was happy to answer questions.
Like me everyone was taking photos so I’m sure they’ll be circulating on FB, Twitter etc later. File size too big so I couldn’t add them in here and not savvy enough to figure it out otherwise
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28762 on: June 25, 2021, 16:41:41 pm »

But at least it will be finished which is what everybody has been whinging about for years. OK I know it's not the Wembley we wanted but hey ho.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
« Reply #28763 on: June 25, 2021, 16:44:21 pm »

He’s abandoned plans for a mammoth stand with dancing girls.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #28764 on: June 25, 2021, 16:45:37 pm »

Any timescales mentioned?

Any Hotel and Conference Centre mentioned?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28765 on: June 25, 2021, 16:48:22 pm »

Pictures set up and a handout given. As expected it is only using the existing structure to finish it off. Boxes all along with main executive boxes centrally as you would expect. Balconied area in front with seats for these boxes so a very small increase of capacity. Possible fan zone set up behind the East.
Next council meeting I think I heard KT say it was 14th July. They want an agreed option to buy the land from the council rather than existing lease arrangements.

Meeting rooms? Conference facilities?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28766 on: June 25, 2021, 16:48:45 pm »

But at least it will be finished which is what everybody has been whinging about for years. OK I know it's not the Wembley we wanted but hey ho.
Agree but we need to know what his exit is going to look like and what debt provisions will be in place.
KT will be gone before the ink dries so we need to plan for that.

Look I’m all for free enterprise BUT when it’s close to home we need to see our fair share of the land deal, an example could be top tiers for the North and South stands, investment elsewhere, training facilities etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #28767 on: June 25, 2021, 17:41:54 pm »

Agree but we need to know what his exit is going to look like and what debt provisions will be in place.
KT will be gone before the ink dries so we need to plan for that.

Look I’m all for free enterprise BUT when it’s close to home we need to see our fair share of the land deal, an example could be top tiers for the North and South stands, investment elsewhere, training facilities etc.

I think that is hugely aspirational.
I can see best case, they get some land to flog for a profit. It covers the stand completion, the ‘debt’ and some £ to spare….not sure anything is worth £100m. Then they would probably sell it for £1.
It’s just seemed all along that they want/need the money from the land to finish the stand, so let’s see if that isn’t the case and that the diggers move in. Even more so as they’ve got deeper in.
I think it’s naive to think they’ve ever wanted to create a thriving 24/7 MK style set up and it’s certainly not the climate to attempting to, especially in conjunction with our flailing council.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28768 on: June 25, 2021, 17:44:12 pm »

So what else is KT and Co planning to build in the wider development?

I know one of them is the east stand car park.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
guest3086

« Reply #28769 on: June 25, 2021, 17:54:14 pm »

What makes you think it will actually be built?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28770 on: June 25, 2021, 17:54:55 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-unveil-ambitious-new-plans-for-east-stand-redevelopment-at-pts-academy-stadium-3287286
Report Spam   Logged

steve1187

View Profile
« Reply #28771 on: June 25, 2021, 18:03:37 pm »

Full plans and images now on the club website

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/siteassets/image/downloads/east-stand-development--overview-compressed.pdf
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #28772 on: June 25, 2021, 18:41:20 pm »

They have missed the start date off.
Looks pretty smart but I smell political posturing.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
« Reply #28773 on: June 25, 2021, 18:46:11 pm »

I’ve also got back after a long talk with Kelvin.

I told him I’m a critic and wasn’t going to hide behind a screen when the chance came to have a word. I’ve always said this and will do at the start, he is a good salesmen. I fully see how he’s been successful.

Takeaways from the chat.

They’ve done the best that they can with what has been left. They wanted to knock it down but it’s too expensive.
They’ve had the drawings since April.
The club owns the land behind the East Stand, not any individual.
West Northamptonshire council are far more supportive, and the Northamptonshire Labour Party have also backed him.
Timeline, he’s hoping within six months.
Trust was obviously mentioned and I said both  parties have handled things badly throughout. Won’t say what followed out of respect to both parties.

Footballing chat
Racic, Bolger and Mitchell panned.
Oliver didn’t sign because people at the club reported he’d not manage two games a week.
Turnbull released was Curles decision.
Firm decisions made early r.e. Watson and Jones.

I am still in the, believe it when I see it camp. I’m glad I went and challenged him on multiple topics. Fingers crossed something happens because I want to see this club push forward. Absolutely sick of league two every couple of years.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #28774 on: June 25, 2021, 18:57:01 pm »

Yep. Absolute crap. Might as well tear the seats out and have an old style open terrace.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #28775 on: June 25, 2021, 19:04:03 pm »

Looks good!
Wonder if the CDNL land ownership will put paid to the effing fair that rocks up every couple of weeks!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #28776 on: June 25, 2021, 19:07:13 pm »

Interesting to read that KT and his mate have now agreed that the Stand development must come before the rest of the development. That is quite a leap, no room for manoeuvre there. The clock is ticking.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #28777 on: June 25, 2021, 19:08:35 pm »

All, in light of the criticism by some of the Trust regarding engagement and following a couple of communications to them by myself that have gone unanswered in an official capacity, I have sent the following communication directly to the board of the Trust. Hopefully any response may allow us to move forward and address a few of the concerns some may have?

Dear board members of NTFC Supporters Trust.

You may be aware through some of your colleagues and social media that a number of concerns have been raised regarding your operational processes and your commitment to the perceived intentions of your own mission statement by some members and supporters. You will no doubt be aware there have been a number of criticisms and objections that have have been raised at various points. Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to offer you the opportunity to respond to those allegations and alleviate the concerns raised by some. As an organisation that is run for the benefit of its membership and the well being of the football club, I would hope that you would be open to scrutiny. Additionally I would also hope you would welcome the opportunity to communicate your position and placate what appears to be a growing resentment by a section of your membership. To that end I have a number of questions that I hope you will be able to answer and perhaps put some concerns that I have to rest. I believe that it also may give an interesting perspective of the views and processes of the board and provide some reassurance to those members who may be feeling increasingly disillusioned with their only meaningful representation with the club.

I have noted that there have been a few changes to the board of late, with the announcement of a further 2 stepping down on the 13th June. Please can you reiterate the full current process for electing members to the board?
As previously stated, myself and others have expressed concerns on social media regarding the amount of engagement and consultation The Trust board has with its membership. What is the official response of the board to address these concerns?
There appear to have been some modifications to the mission statement of the Trust. For the record please can you state the decision making process the board would have undertaken to instigate any changes to the Trust mission statement?
These statements appear in the Trust mission statement.

A. To be open, democratic and inclusive in considering the needs and ideas of supporters.
B. We commit to being democratic, open, inclusive and accountable to the membership. Annual elections will be held for membership of the NTFC Supporters Limited Board - a third of the posts being open to election each year.
C. To encourage at least two NTFC Supporters Limited members, who are not board members, and representation of other NTFC supporters groups who are in sympathy with our aims and objectives, to attend regular meetings of the board.
D. We commit to supporting the aims and objectives of NTFC where, in the opinion of the board, these are not in direct conflict with the needs and best interests of supporters.

A. Please communicate the procedures and processes that best emphasise how this commitment is currently being honoured and adhered to?
B. Please can you identify how these elections are to be conducted? May I request that any response includes the reason only a third of the positions are up for re-election. Identify when the remaining positions are up for re-election? Finally regarding point B please confirm how this decision regarding the democratic process of the trust was arrived at?
C. Please can you clarify how any decision is arrived at regarding which individuals are to be invited to board meetings. Can you confirm how many members of the Trust can attend board meetings, and specifically how any decision regarding this matter was arrived at?
D. Can you identify specifically why this commitment to these aims is best served by being in the opinion of the board and not in the opinion of the general membership? Additionally how was the identification of the needs and best interests of the supporters established, particularly in conjunction with the commitment to inclusivity in considering the needs and ideas of those supporters?

It is my intention to post this communication on social media. However should you wish to keep any response private, you have my word regarding discretion.

Thank you in advance for giving your attention to these matters and I look forward to your response and any additional comments and observations you may care to share.

Kind regards,

Are you serious?
Report Spam   Logged
Cornish Cobbler

View Profile
Search Level 3 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #28778 on: June 25, 2021, 19:18:21 pm »

Underwhelming to say the least!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28779 on: June 25, 2021, 19:22:41 pm »

Interesting to read that KT and his mate have now agreed that the Stand development must come before the rest of the development. That is quite a leap, no room for manoeuvre there. The clock is ticking.

So they're £6.7m in and then they are going to complete the stand with another c£3m which will "add to the debt in the short term"

Jake Sharpe
@JournoJakeS
·
1h
Here are some images of the plans. Completion of the stand will be financed solely by club/owners. KT admitting this will add debt in short term but confident that revenue increases will be worth it in long term...

1h
The conversation surrounding development of land behind is dependant on completion of stand. WNC willing to have that conversation once stand is finished. KT says any profit made on that land will be used to pay off club debt or develop other parts of the stadium...

1h
Finally there is still a process that needs to be completed before any work starts. KT couldn’t be drawn on a timescale. Says proposal is with the council and they are going through their own processes etc
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 [1439] 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: