The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:09:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820383 times)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28880 on: June 26, 2021, 18:01:35 pm »

Just to break the silence from a Trust perspective, the Chair is away for the weekend, but there has been conversation about the Club staff statement. Obviously there were some accusations in there which need following up and if necessary dealing with.

A statement/response will be made on Monday.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28881 on: June 26, 2021, 18:11:42 pm »

Just to break the silence from a Trust perspective, the Chair is away for the weekend, but there has been conversation about the Club staff statement. Obviously there were some accusations in there which need following up and if necessary dealing with.

Cheers GPC.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #28882 on: June 26, 2021, 18:34:33 pm »

Is there going to be a response to Melly's questions on Monday as well?
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #28883 on: June 26, 2021, 19:33:12 pm »

I appreciate the statement made on the club website and thank those involved with it. Hearing they are treated well and paid on time is the least they deserve. Of course, many working at the club were also there during the DC era. I'm sure those members of staff were completely unaware of the criminal activity of their previous employer before it was exposed. That being the case; how can they possible know the true intentions of the current owners? The owners might be selfless individuals that plough all profits from the land development into the club or they might disappear as soon as they get their hands on the money. I don't know the answer to this but neither do those behind the statement on the website.     
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28884 on: June 26, 2021, 19:51:17 pm »

Is there going to be a response to Melly's questions on Monday as well?

Melbourne asked the questions directly of the Trust and reprinted them on here. He has also since posted that he's received a response from the Trust Chairman who has committed to answering his questions. It will be a couple of pages back by now!
Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #28885 on: June 26, 2021, 20:14:15 pm »

Melbourne asked the questions directly of the Trust and reprinted them on here. He has also since posted that he's received a response from the Trust Chairman who has committed to answering his questions. It will be a couple of pages back by now!

As Melly's questions were open forum why are not the trust's?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28886 on: June 26, 2021, 20:38:19 pm »

As Melly's questions were open forum why are not the trust's?

Huh? I don't understand
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28887 on: June 26, 2021, 20:58:20 pm »

To clarify, I emailed the Trust without anonymity. The board of the Trust confirmed they would respond early next week and stated they were happy for me to make the questions and answers public. They also asked me to confirm I am a member, which I am. I thought this was a bit odd as I was open about who I was, so I presumed the response was from an individual who didn’t have direct access to Trust records. It was not made clear which individual from the Board had responded.

Sorry, I should also add I received a response in less than an hour which indicated to me there was no hesitation in being transparent about this.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 21:13:01 pm by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #28888 on: June 26, 2021, 21:23:00 pm »

Huh? I don't understand

We all saw Melly's questions, let us all see the answers.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28889 on: June 26, 2021, 21:26:00 pm »

We all saw Melly's questions, let us all see the answers.

Isn't it up to Melly to decide whether he wants everyone to see the answers to his questions?

In the post directly above yours Melly says that the Trust were happy for Melly to make the questions and answers public.

Why are you asking me?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 21:33:47 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

singcobb

View Profile
« Reply #28890 on: June 26, 2021, 21:51:14 pm »

Isn't it up to Melly to decide whether he wants everyone to see the answers to his questions?

In the post directly above yours Melly says that the Trust were happy for Melly to make the questions and answers public.

Why are you asking me?

Are you not part of the trust board?
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #28891 on: June 26, 2021, 22:37:00 pm »

Can anyone tell me when work on the East stand will start?  sorry I was stuck in Oxford traffic yesterday so missed the presentation.

Also what was the cost of the build out?

Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28892 on: June 26, 2021, 22:42:17 pm »

Kelvin said to me he was hoping for within 6 months. As I said a few pages back, I will believe it when I see construction workers on the site again. But hope it will prove to be there or there abouts.

Cost wasn't discussed but feel I've read £3m somewhere.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28893 on: June 26, 2021, 23:13:03 pm »

Dan, well done for your efforts yesterday, much appreciated.
Random is just a sarcastic idiot, don't think you gave him the reply he was expecting.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3429

« Reply #28894 on: June 27, 2021, 03:23:04 am »

Watching from the sidelines simply as a supporter, none of this is very palatable.

It's clear the Trust are ineffective at club/management level and don't seem to be unifying support as they intended, maybe they should consider diversifying and do something useful as all good businesses and organisations do?

Why don't the Trust create their own micro brewery within the club? Brewing some fantastic craft beers all based around the club for members and supporters to enjoy and ultimately make some extra cash for the club? A pint of Marauding Morley please or Efon Elad fizzy cider?

Maybe KT would allow a part of the new development for some shiny copper tuns, or join forces with the future "supporters" north stand, it would go well with the planned gigs.

I'm sure some of the members have in depth and heavily researched knowledge in this area, the products could be sold in our new bars not only on matchday but all year round, even sold locally. Meetings would be much more jovial!

Its viable and possible on a small scale, you can install a whole brewery for between £10k and £80k so lets be the first lower league club to brew our own.

A pint of Hotel End for me lads.  Wink

Report Spam   Logged
slabtish

View Profile
« Reply #28895 on: June 27, 2021, 07:01:34 am »

all club owners do as they wish and clubs either thrive or sink.Cobblers are no different.
supporters organizations are only any good when its too late, thenthe tins can start rattling
and people can get on their high horses,until that happens our glorious leaders can do exactly
as they wish.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #28896 on: June 27, 2021, 08:24:05 am »

Dan, well done for your efforts yesterday, much appreciated.
Random is just a sarcastic idiot, don't think you gave him the reply he was expecting.

Thanks Tcobb. I’m still very sceptical but saw how much land is owned by CDNL, and it is a lot. If I had the capital and the only thing that stopped me from doing as I pleased with that land was finishing a shell of a stand, I’d find the way.

Over to KT and DB 👍🏽 And equally as importantly, a good season on the pitch after the sh*te of last year.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #28897 on: June 27, 2021, 08:40:13 am »

Thanks Tcobb. I’m still very sceptical but saw how much land is owned by CDNL, and it is a lot. If I had the capital and the only thing that stopped me from doing as I pleased with that land was finishing a shell of a stand, I’d find the way.

And if they don’t want to do it your way, or the way some others want them to… Would you set about destroying his and the clubs reputation??

But I’m with you all the way about the shyte on the pitch 😀😀
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #28898 on: June 27, 2021, 09:01:09 am »

I’m well past caring about the land and who makes money from it. Should have been Cardoza until he royally screwed it up. It feels like some think the club have a divine right to have tens of millions pumped into it from some council land that has never really been of consequence. They’ve promised to finish the stand before anything is done.
I’m half expecting some grandstanding statement from the council next week as the club have clearly and publicly shown their hand.
Owners are business people who develop varying levels of love for the club but never as much as their love for the £. It is too easy to paint them as the Anti-Christ.
Unless we are little league fan owned, or bank rolled by a mega rich Sheikh with a big ego who wants a hobby it’s always going to be the same.
I think at least now we’ll soon find out what is going to happen next and if we haven’t got a finished stand in 12 months time, who knows if we ever will?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #28899 on: June 27, 2021, 09:03:38 am »

Over to KT and DB 👍🏽 And equally as importantly, a good season on the pitch after the sh*te of last year.
Peobably overly simplistic, but hasn't that always been the case, finish the stand and reap the rewards? The question on other peoples minds then being what is done with those rewards?
If the money is there why has there been a delay of 5 years, did/do they seeiously think someone was going to give them a helping hand with the initial outlay?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1438 1439 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 [1445] 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: