The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:08:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820857 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #28940 on: June 28, 2021, 12:42:13 pm »

Manwork. A couple of genuine questions for you. I know you've answered in-part elsewhere, but I'd find it helpful to have it all in one place and I don't think I'm alone in that.

(1) Do you genuinely believe that something illegal has been or is going on at the football club and/or amongst the current ownership, since they acquired the club?
(2) If so, and you turn out to be right, is what you believe has been going on easily evidenced?
(3) If so, why do you think that evidence hasn't been made public and/or handed to the relevant law enforcement authorities?

I know that you're not the only one who posts to this effect, but you are the most vocal which is why I'm asking you.

I know Manwork has been vocal about this, but others have also as mentioned, so they should feel free to answer the above as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #28941 on: June 28, 2021, 13:27:57 pm »

Been fairly neutral when it's come to the Trust issue.
However, it has been becoming clearer for many months if not years, certain individuals have their own agenda, and wish that outcome at the expense of the club, certainly KT/DB and anything they do (or don't) for the club.

Time for the Trust to be cleansed, folded...or for some to go the same way as Hancock...Matt not Tony that is!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #28942 on: June 28, 2021, 13:50:11 pm »

I know Manwork has been vocal about this, but others have also as mentioned, so they should feel free to answer the above as well.

Yep. There are also ways of answering without getting yourself into hot water... not that anyone should be worried if what they're saying/implying is true.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #28943 on: June 28, 2021, 14:17:59 pm »

Can anyone remember the level of debt owed by the club when our current owners took over? Seem to remember it being a few hundred thousand... I believe it's now in the region of £6.7m?
Report Spam   Logged
claretparrot

View Profile
« Reply #28944 on: June 28, 2021, 14:40:43 pm »

Can anyone remember the level of debt owed by the club when our current owners took over? Seem to remember it being a few hundred thousand... I believe it's now in the region of £6.7m?

I can't, but I'm really not sure how much it matters, in the short- to medium-term at least.

The club has nowhere near the kind of cash needed to service those debts. If they're called in the end-game would be winding-up proceedings, at which point KT/DB wouldn't see a penny anyway.

They can't just 'strip the assets' as I've seen suggested in at least one post on here. That is unless they're not arsed about their other directorships and/or any they might hope to hold in the future. Even then they'd struggle to come out sitting pretty.

The loans are, to all intents and purposes, a gift. That is true until the club generates enough cash to cover them, at which point why shouldn't the owners get their money back?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #28945 on: June 28, 2021, 15:05:43 pm »

Cant we have a dedicated trust thread somewhere, its hi-jacking the redev thread FFS  Huh?

The trust taking over here has spread the redev out, and talk of redev is breaking out all over the fucking place Mods!! Do some tidying up.

Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #28946 on: June 28, 2021, 15:17:59 pm »

About £5million was owed to the Cardozas, which was written-off. So rest of the debt would have been a few hundred k. The club hasn't really changed in terms of fan base, so it's no surprise the losses that were incurred under the Cardozas contunue to be incurred under KT/DB.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #28947 on: June 28, 2021, 15:28:47 pm »

Would you allow your employees to post that on a club website?
It may not be contrived in the eyes of the author’s but it’s very existence has been manipulated.
This timing of it is indisputable evidence of such.

I agree the mechanism is curious but also consider the staff have somewhat limited means to communicate effectively & whilst I'm sure KT knew and approved of the posting, which certainly suited his agenda but I also know first hand how some of the honest hardworking staff were sick of the innuendos and insults being posted with no right of reply.

To be honest I think the issues have so polarised the fan base that it can only cause damage - unfortunately we seem now to live in a society (Brexit being a perfect example) where a view is 100% right or 100% wrong - in truth we all know that is rarely the case and I think for the sake of our club we should all occasionally step in the other guys shoes. 
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #28948 on: June 28, 2021, 15:32:45 pm »

I agree the mechanism is curious but also consider the staff have somewhat limited means to communicate effectively & whilst I'm sure KT knew and approved of the posting, which certainly suited his agenda but I also know first hand how some of the honest hardworking staff were sick of the innuendos and insults being posted with no right of reply.

To be honest I think the issues have so polarised the fan base that it can only cause damage - unfortunately we seem now to live in a society (Brexit being a perfect example) where a view is 100% right or 100% wrong - in truth we all know that is rarely the case and I think for the sake of our club we should all occasionally step in the other guys shoes. 

Great post CW, I think you are right and we all need to step back a bit and think about the pro's and cons of both sides.
Report Spam   Logged
guest1269

« Reply #28949 on: June 28, 2021, 15:43:49 pm »

Been fairly neutral when it's come to the Trust issue.
However, it has been becoming clearer for many months if not years, certain individuals have their own agenda, and wish that outcome at the expense of the club, certainly KT/DB and anything they do (or don't) for the club.

Time for the Trust to be cleansed, folded...or for some to go the same way as Hancock...Matt not Tony that is!  Wink

Unfortunately even with the best intention virtually all amateur organisations go the way of power struggles, politics and individual agendas - I read some of the trust communications and they seem to think corporate wordy type missives on board structure, resolutions etc legitimise the organisation - unfortunately this can mask the true objective of the organisation. Given the Trust board are all giving their time for nothing it adds a level of protection from criticism & even accountability. Going forward if we were ever to even consider an element of fan ownership you have to have a paid CEO (even if its only a modest salary) - but one that makes the post holder truly accountable.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28950 on: June 28, 2021, 16:36:54 pm »

I completely agree, which makes the whole thing even more unpalatable as the the letter has the caveat that KT and DB had no knowledge, which is clearly not true.
The club is trying to split the fan base and then shame anyone who holds KTs feet to the fire.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28951 on: June 28, 2021, 17:37:33 pm »

I just went over to the Trust website to see if they have issued any sort of apology or rebuttal to the letter from the club staff over the weekend. They haven't, but while I was on there I couldn't resist having a peek at their forum.

I last looked not long after it launched and it was tumbleweed city. I thought it might have got going a bit since then,  but it hasn't.  Since February last year, there have been 67 posts. As far as I could see, every single one of those was from Roger, Andy R or a user called "Trust" which would seem to be the admin account.

No one has posted a thing in nearly 4 months.

Looking at the Trust's Facebook page, their big statement last Tuesday triggered a whopping 3 comments, all of which were posted in the last 24 hours and were taking issue with the Trust over the letter from the club staff.

This shows a pretty shocking level of engagement with the supporters (or anyone, actually) 

I'm sorry, but they really do need to up their game if they want to be taken seriously.

Surely engagement is a two way street? It seems plenty have something to say about things now, mainly off the back of a couple of Club statements.

There is a Trust website as you say, there is a messageboard as you say, there is a Facebook page as you say.... the facilities/channels of communication are available.

Also worth pointing out that it seems a large number of Trust members are saying "i've not heard anything from the Trust for years".......the last two letters sent out by the Trust included a GDPR form, and it is a requirement for members to give their consent to receive publications, newsletters, communications etc. There are restrictions on sending mail, either by post or electronically without the consent afforded by the GDPR form.

I'm not going to pretend that the Trust have done everything they could have done to communicate, however it can't be portrayed that they've done nothing either.

Any Trust member can ask for an invite (in current Zoom times) to any Trust board meeting. Any Truat member can attend the AGM (joining instructions are sent out when notification of the meeting is made) and anyone can find the website as you have done and send an email about anything.

I've been a board member for around four months now, and our monthly meetings always have the "correspondence" standing order.....I think there have been two communications from Trust members in the four months.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 17:41:20 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #28952 on: June 28, 2021, 17:56:24 pm »

GPC, my understanding is that if you have an ongoing contractual relationship with another party their would be no restriction on communication. Therefore as paid members of the Trust it would be unnecessary for the board to obtain permission to send emails or similar communications to its membership, at least that’s my interpretation.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28953 on: June 28, 2021, 18:04:30 pm »

GPC, my understanding is that if you have an ongoing contractual relationship with another party their would be no restriction on communication. Therefore as paid members of the Trust it would be unnecessary for the board to obtain permission to send emails or similar communications to its membership, at least that’s my interpretation.

You may know better than me.....you say "paid members".....the majority of those paid life membership fees many years ago, before the advent of electronic mail. Permission of some sort has to be sought.....and as I said we certainly have had GDPR forms sent to us in the last couple of years (I say us because when I received the AGM notification I was not on the board at that time)
Report Spam   Logged

EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #28954 on: June 28, 2021, 18:56:05 pm »

I completely agree, which makes the whole thing even more unpalatable as the the letter has the caveat that KT and DB had no knowledge, which is clearly not true.
The club is trying to split the fan base and then shame anyone who holds KTs feet to the fire.

To be fair to the club staff they only stated that the letter was written and sent to the Trust Board, without KT and DB's knowledge. Nowhere do they say it was posted on the club website without the owners knowing. Surely if the letter was sent to the Trust first and then the staff asked to post on the website that's reasonable, is it not?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28955 on: June 28, 2021, 19:02:44 pm »

To be fair to the club staff they only stated that the letter was written and sent to the Trust Board, without KT and DB's knowledge. Nowhere do they say it was posted on the club website without the owners knowing. Surely if the letter was sent to the Trust first and then the staff asked to post on the website that's reasonable, is it not?

On that matter the letter was sent by email to a small number of the Trust Board members some 30-40 minutes before it was posted on the Club website…..
Report Spam   Logged

guest3355

« Reply #28956 on: June 28, 2021, 19:08:11 pm »

Surely engagement is a two way street? It seems plenty have something to say about things now, mainly off the back of a couple of Club statements.

There is a Trust website as you say, there is a messageboard as you say, there is a Facebook page as you say.... the facilities/channels of communication are available.

Also worth pointing out that it seems a large number of Trust members are saying "i've not heard anything from the Trust for years".......the last two letters sent out by the Trust included a GDPR form, and it is a requirement for members to give their consent to receive publications, newsletters, communications etc. There are restrictions on sending mail, either by post or electronically without the consent afforded by the GDPR form.

I'm not going to pretend that the Trust have done everything they could have done to communicate, however it can't be portrayed that they've done nothing either.

Any Trust member can ask for an invite (in current Zoom times) to any Trust board meeting. Any Truat member can attend the AGM (joining instructions are sent out when notification of the meeting is made) and anyone can find the website as you have done and send an email about anything.

I've been a board member for around four months now, and our monthly meetings always have the "correspondence" standing order.....I think there have been two communications from Trust members in the four months.

TBF the Trust hardly comes across as a welcoming environment.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #28957 on: June 28, 2021, 19:11:50 pm »

I think the 30 min gap blows that theory out of the water.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #28958 on: June 28, 2021, 19:26:05 pm »

TBF the Trust hardly comes across as a welcoming environment.

Are we talking now, the last 6 months, since a good number of people joined in 2015 or since it’s conception?

All I was doing was pointing out that the channels of communication are open for people to use….I forgot to add the Twitter handle and even the Chairman’s mobile phone number are also on the website.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #28959 on: June 28, 2021, 19:46:57 pm »

It is Grange, yes. But in this digital age I think the Trust need to be a bit more proactive and behave a bit more like an online business. You can't just sit back and expect people to find you, and then hope that if they have stumbled across you that they will choose to return. Don't take this next bit personally because I think you have been a breath of fresh air in recent weeks, willing to listen and discuss things rather than the talking down and stropping off we've been used to from Trust board members in recent years, but in all honesty it's unlikely people will choose to return because most of the content the Trust put out is dry, stale and boring.

Melly has offered assistance in setting up a MailChimp service and that would be a start but it doesn't address the content and there's so much more they could do; run teaser campaigns, competitions, ask for input (not just from a prescriptive and restrictive survey), work with an affiliate to drive traffic or, easiest of all, just do something that's fun! It doesn't all have to be dry, dreary factual content - ask people for their best Cobblers memories,  their favourite player, their worst journey to an away game, memories of Cobblers "characters" - the list is endless!  Just start a conversation that isn't deadly serious, contentious, issue driven or trying to drum up support for a cause and will simply be a bit of a laugh.

That's what engages people, that's what makes them come back, that's what makes them like you. And when people like you, when you do have a serious point to make, they are more likely to listen and more likely to take your side. Have a look at the Simple Politics page on Facebook because they do a lot of this stuff brilliantly.

At the moment I think the Trust come over as a bunch of grumpy old men who would be much happier left to their own devices shuffling papers around the table in a WMC, a group who view their online presence as something they do begrudgingly and half heartedly because "That's just what you have to do these days". That's not the case. Digital is the way forwards, and should be at the heart of the the Trust's strategy, not simply seen as an afterthought or a cheaper alternative to mailshots.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: