The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:59:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?

Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... 2181   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Redevelopment Closer Than Ever?  (Read 1820197 times)
rebelspawn, tcobb, Zen Master and 32 Guests are viewing this topic.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #29240 on: October 04, 2021, 14:20:22 pm »

To jump in, if Random is a Trust board member like I believe he is then he represents me as a Trust member and I am happy for him to do so. At the same time i would not be comfortable for him or any Trust board member to claim to represent the views of fans of the club who are not Trust members, and so far as I can see that's precisely the point Random is also making.
I would add that for any existing Trust members not happy with the actions or direction of the board, they have the option of standing for election to the board themselves as a means of changing that direction or resigning their membership as they see fit.
Regards matchdays, I might be wrong on this but I think Random has recently posted that he lives outside of the UK which whilst not an absolute reason for non attendance but it goes someway to explain this.
If there is any issue here that concerns me it would be Randoms ability to be effective as a Trust board member whilst living overseas.

These overseas members of the Forum make a lot of fuss over a few things they cannot possibly influence. An exception is of course Feelgood who puts everybody off with his ongoing negative results banter.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29241 on: October 04, 2021, 14:30:09 pm »

If the board of the Trust have members who do not attend NTFC matches, how can they possibly represent the best interest of any supporter? Consistently berating the Club and its directors and fans who dont follow their point of view. If they cant get off their backsides to go and support the Club, they certainly cant be let loose any where near running it, or, in fact demanding that they be listened to.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest168

« Reply #29242 on: October 04, 2021, 14:38:29 pm »

No I don’t live abroad

Again happy to be owned by someone who in 6 years has been to 5 games

I am one of 11 board members

Views on here are my own. Would u like me stop posting ??
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29243 on: October 04, 2021, 14:40:14 pm »

If the board of the Trust have members who do not attend NTFC matches, how can they possibly represent the best interest of any supporter? Consistently berating the Club and its directors and fans who dont follow their point of view. If they cant get off their backsides to go and support the Club, they certainly cant be let loose any where near running it, or, in fact demanding that they be listened to.
So the election of a fans representative is a waste of time as KT stated they don't have to be a season ticket holder? The only specification is nomination by 2 Season Ticket holders, nothing about ever attending games.
         How ironic that you are having a dig at someone who has attended thousands of NTFC games but NEVER say a word about our owner who has attended FOUR games in the 6 years he's owned the club   Roll Eyes  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29244 on: October 04, 2021, 15:00:15 pm »

No I don’t live abroad

You're rather missing the point. Of course you are entitled to present your own views on here, or anywhere else for that matter. However, when you are as passionate as you are in ramming those views home, are we expected to believe that you put forward an entirely different and more moderate view while attending meetings on behalf of the Trust?

I can't see it myself. Your personal views may not be the official Trust line but as a member of the board they must surely feed into shaping and building the official Trust line?

The Trust claims to be the voice of the Supporters, but how can you as an individual effectively contribute to that when you've cut yourself off from them by not attending matches in person?

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest168

« Reply #29245 on: October 04, 2021, 15:47:54 pm »

You're rather missing the point. Of course you are entitled to present your own views on here, or anywhere else for that matter. However, when you are as passionate as you are in ramming those views home, are we expected to believe that you put forward an entirely different and more moderate view while attending meetings on behalf of the Trust?

I can't see it myself. Your personal views may not be the official Trust line but as a member of the board they must surely feed into shaping and building the official Trust line?

The Trust claims to be the voice of the Supporters, but how can you as an individual effectively contribute to that when you've cut yourself off from them by not attending matches in person?

So which supporters, when and on what subjects?  I know plenty of people whose views I represent and plenty who don't and even more who simply are not interested.

I posted a few years ago that my interest in more in the potential of the club, the business side, the goals and ambitions, the infrastructure, the marketing etc etc.

I don't need to go to games to see clearly what is happening or are you saying you are not a fan unless you go to games?

You want me to post about formations, players, results etc etc, Yeah that always makes a difference to the club, why aren't you on the player committee or speaking with Brady every week so you can make a difference, afterall you watch every minute of every game.

I long past caring so much about the playing side, journeymen managers and players wheeled it on a great pre-tense of how lucky we are to get them etc etc.

BOTN & Others,  when was the last time you got excited by one of KT's signings?   Was it the one he invested in after pocketing £1m+ for Goode?

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29246 on: October 04, 2021, 16:24:50 pm »

I long past caring so much about the playing side

And with that line, you show how disconnected you are from ~90% of the fans in the ground, because that is all they do really care about.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29247 on: October 04, 2021, 17:00:59 pm »

These overseas members of the Forum make a lot of fuss over a few things they cannot possibly influence. An exception is of course Feelgood who puts everybody off with his ongoing negative results banter.
Fair point. On that note IMO someone like myself can never achieve the prominence of a season ticket holder or regular attendee and it’s pointless to pretend otherwise. One of the downsides of moving along with watching at ridiculous o’clock and I’m the first to admit it.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #29248 on: October 04, 2021, 17:05:24 pm »

No and that’s exactly why we are in the mess we are in

We have just been spanked by, basically a  non league club and all u can focus on is me and the Trust 😩😩

Don’t flatter yourself. It’s you who chases me on every post I make.

As for the Trust. I know it’s difficult for you and the Trusty Cheerleaders to understand. I only disagree with the Trust on one point. I honestly never thought it would get their knickers in as much of a twist as it has.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #29249 on: October 04, 2021, 17:10:38 pm »

Distance adds perspective.

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #29250 on: October 04, 2021, 18:32:17 pm »

Carton Lid, why have your brought the owners into it, I never said I supported the owners. That sums up how trust members work, " if you disagree with us you must support the owners" How wrong you all are, constantly.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3338

« Reply #29251 on: October 04, 2021, 18:59:52 pm »

No I don’t live abroad

Apologies I thought I'd read that you lived overseas.
Keep on keeping on then!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #29252 on: October 04, 2021, 22:41:02 pm »

To be honest Evers, thats not strictly true anyway. A few weeks ago as a life member I emailed the board of the Trust with my concerns regarding their engagement with the club and the Trust membership. The board then responded and invited me to a board meeting via zoom to further discuss the issues raised. Unfortunately it was impractical for me to attend for a variety of reasons. Representatives of the board were then kind enough to offer to speak with me at my convenience and this took place last Thursday and lasted around 2 hours between myself and 3 board members +1

The items raised have been well documented, as has the general position of the board by individual board members on here in a personal capacity. I would describe the meeting as a cordial and frank exchange of views, where ultimately the position of both parties remains unchanged. That being said I thought it was an extraordinary gesture on the part of those individuals to indulge and accomodate me and I was most grateful for their time. I found them polite, respectful and patient as we went through the various topics of discussion. Should you be a member and wish to be heard and get a deeper understanding of the boards general position, I would recommend you take the initiative and contact the board personally. I would certainly find it difficult to accuse them of being unwilling to engage with the membership on an individual level in future, if nothing else.

If I can find it achievable to actively engage with the board of the Trust from 10,514 miles and what was a 9 hour time difference, then there is no reason why anybody can’t. In fact whilst it is not my place to speak for the board, I think it is fair to say they would actively encourage the membership to do so. Also in fairness I am not sure I did influence anything and as stated my concerns and the main points of difference remain. However, my geographical location doesn’t appear to have diminished my ability to do so, particularly as the board members involved were kind enough to oblige.

With all due respect Evers, as a result it also makes a nonsense of your statement in some ways?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 02:51:51 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #29253 on: October 04, 2021, 23:19:04 pm »

Carton Lid, why have your brought the owners into it, I never said I supported the owners. That sums up how trust members work, " if you disagree with us you must support the owners" How wrong you all are, constantly.
You've never said you supported the owners, BUT, you have never criticized them and you do take every opportunity to criticize the Trust. If you were a bit more balanced with your criticism, doesn't what you said about Random "If they cant get off their backsides to go and support the Club, they certainly cant be let loose any where near running it" also apply to the owners ?   
      Just asking  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29254 on: October 05, 2021, 00:25:19 am »

Thanks CJ for your support, it is appreciated.

Totally agree with your recent posts Melly, people are frightened of change I'm afraid, simple as

On just about every level, we have failed as a club, we have failed to even look at any options or opportunities.

This £3m basic East stand, where the likes of BOTH, MCHammer, Deepcut, Hammy, Singcobb have been jumping up and down in their support of such mediocrity, typifies everything about why we are 10th in L2 and the lowest scorers (again)

They would rather shoot the messenger than face the reality that with every passing month, their support of the owners becomes more and more st............. (fill in your own answer, I don't want to rub more salt in their wounds)

It wasn't the Trust that sold the club without telling anyone for £6.68m from a suspicious Chinese source (and they are still not telling anyone)

The only way they can make themselves feel better is to attack myself and other Trust members with some with insane notion that we don't represent the fans.

Most fans want higher league football - so does the Trust

Most fans want an owner that put their club 1st - so does the Trust

Most fans want a better match day experience - so does the Trust

Most fans want the football to be an exciting, day out escape - so does the Trust

Most fans want their football club to be honest and sustainable - so does the Trust

Most fans want Sixfields to be vastly improved as a venue - so does the Trust
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #29255 on: October 05, 2021, 00:35:15 am »

For the Trust to represent them (BOTN, Hammy etc etc) then the Trust would have to be happy and support

1. The owners selling the club for £6.68m to suspicious Chinese 'investors'

2. The owners piling £7m debt with no increase in assets

3. The owners allowing Sixfields to rot around our ears

4. The owners not to invest in decent players

5. The owners not to have any medium or long term plans for NTFC

6. The owners trying to move part of the ACV land into other holdings to build warehouses on

7. The owners whose main focus is on making money by selling assets of the club / people of Northampton  AKA Asset stripping

This makes uncomfortable reading which I hope most genuine Northampton Town supporters agree is NOT the fault of myself or the Trust, but that of our owners, Mr Kelvin Thomas, Chairman and 5% owner (actually I believe the Trust is a bigger shareholder) and Mr & MRS David Bower -

For those of you who don't know, Mr Bower is a friend of KT, a retired Oxford solicitor and property developer, now living in Dubai and has attended around 5 Cobblers games in 6 years.

Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #29256 on: October 05, 2021, 02:10:18 am »

Fair comment Carton, I have been critical of the Club in the past, managerial appointments,  ground improvements being just a couple of items. If the owners want to invest millions of pounds in a Club, but hardly turn up, is that a real problem ? Certainly not as bad as not investing money in a club by attending matches,  but constantly berating it.
What is the problem in selling a club without asking the fans ? It's the owners club, they can sell it if they want, berating them just because people feel they should have been asked is bordering on a child stamping it's feet and throwing a tantrum.
Report Spam   Logged

Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29257 on: October 05, 2021, 06:24:55 am »

This £3m basic East stand, where the likes of BOTH, MCHammer, Deepcut, Hammy, Singcobb have been jumping up and down in their support of such mediocrity, typifies everything about why we are 10th in L2 and the lowest scorers (again)

The rest of your post maybe valid, but as soon as you lie, it pales into total insignificance.
Provide proof of your statement or retract the statement that you have attributed to me.
An 'in your opinion' doesn't justify the lie that has been offered as a statement of fact. 
Yet another post where your personal credibility, has been even further diminished.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest1269

« Reply #29258 on: October 05, 2021, 07:02:48 am »

Here we go again - the little Britain and wrong view of Everbrite.

I’m afraid I can’t be as polite as Melly on this one - but the suggestion that location cannot influence events shows what a blinkered view he has on the world.

Just a few fact that I suggest you read slowly and perhaps twice (and yes I’m being deliberately patronising).

Like Melly I wrote directly to the trust expressing some concerns - they replied and invited me to their next board meeting. I attended and they listened to my concerns and were very open on the points  raised - we might not have agreed on all points but it was refreshingly open dialogue and I have since had further one to one dialogue with another 3 members of the trust board.

You repeatedly dig at overseas iFollow watchers of the game are less qualified to comment on the game - whilst I concede that view doesn’t allow for a wider perspective or off the ball incidents and movements but are you really telling me your eyesight is so good you can always see correctly an on the ball incident at the opposite side of the ground - compared with a close up camera view and a replay?

Again and in other posts you imply people who don’t attend games are less entitled to comment - I can’t speak for others but in the 12 years I have not lived in Northampton I’ve attended over 250 games and would calculate my mileage exceeds that of a full home and away supporter in that time.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #29259 on: October 05, 2021, 07:47:09 am »

He doesn't put me off.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 ... 2181   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: